Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Berious
Nov 13, 2005
This game looks cool but I hate wipes. When can I start playing and not get wiped?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Berious posted:

This game looks cool but I hate wipes. When can I start playing and not get wiped?

After beta is over and full release is out

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

life is killing me posted:

After beta is over and full release is out

Which is actually fairly soon apparently.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Maybe Jan-Feb.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
I only have the fear if we go full murderhobo in beta, after the wipe people will know how to defend against our murderhobo poo poo early on making us just regular hobos.

Maybe I'm overthinking it and on launch there will be enough scrubs for us to take advantage of.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

ThndrShk2k posted:

I only have the fear if we go full murderhobo in beta, after the wipe people will know how to defend against our murderhobo poo poo early on making us just regular hobos.

Maybe I'm overthinking it and on launch there will be enough scrubs for us to take advantage of.

You would think so, but in my experience people would rather keep doing the same things and just bitch about goons hacking/exploiting/zerging than actually do anything to counter it.

If we can avoid infighting (lol) and not get obsessed with some grognard pubby who rolls with a zerg larger than ours (lol again) this game will be a lot of fun and produce some great stories.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

ThndrShk2k posted:

there will be lots more pubbies to take advantage from... specially if they sell the game via steam...

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Kimsemus posted:

Which is actually fairly soon apparently.

Hey kimsemus with the new rules r.e. City properties, should I figure out in beta how to best goonrush them?

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Stormgale posted:

Hey kimsemus with the new rules r.e. City properties, should I figure out in beta how to best goonrush them?

i think city properties wont be worth it in large quantities. maybe a few convenience stalls near the bank chest like repair or wood/metal refine might be useful in the town we live in but i doubt we see profit off them

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Blazing Zero posted:

i think city properties wont be worth it in large quantities. maybe a few convenience stalls near the bank chest like repair or wood/metal refine might be useful in the town we live in but i doubt we see profit off them

Really, if you presume initial cost is going to below their actual value you can make a killing?

Fain80
Jan 18, 2013

Free Hugs
How does one get added to the list for the slacker forum?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Fain80 posted:

How does one get added to the list for the slacker forum?

The site is down, but PM me your email and ill invite you

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Anyone who wants in PM me

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

Eonwe posted:

Anyone who wants in PM me

What is the slacker forum?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Slack

its basically IRC but web based and good and easy to connect to

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Bait and Swatch posted:

What is the slacker forum?

dont I have you on steam

how do I not have you on steam

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Stormgale posted:

Really, if you presume initial cost is going to below their actual value you can make a killing?

Yes, and we should probably consider doing it in the city in the red/yellow zones. I'll be working on the same.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

Eonwe posted:

dont I have you on steam

how do I not have you on steam

I don't know. It's swatch.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Kylra posted:

Maybe Jan-Feb.

Cool think I'll hold out for now then. Don't want to get burned out before the "real" game starts.

Tilda
Jun 27, 2013

Blazing Zero posted:

People were making a killing though last beta, and means you can just load up on the T4 or whatever wood you want to take to Goondor, rather than the T1, 2, 3 and 4 mats.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Tilda posted:

People were making a killing though last beta, and means you can just load up on the T4 or whatever wood you want to take to Goondor, rather than the T1, 2, 3 and 4 mats.

they were making that killing because the global tax on GI/PI was higher than city plots. now they are equal @ 0%. all you pay at a city plot is what the owner charges and mat cost

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Blazing Zero posted:

they were making that killing because the global tax on GI/PI was higher than city plots. now they are equal @ 0%. all you pay at a city plot is what the owner charges and mat cost

Wait, do you mean that you can build everything in a NPC plot for 0 tax that you can build at a player one? If so then it all comes down to a convenience thing

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Sunber posted:

Wait, do you mean that you can build everything in a NPC plot for 0 tax that you can build at a player one? If so then it all comes down to a convenience thing

yes thats how it will work and this is what i think too. holding a few plots in a bunch of towns is probably an okay idea but i dont see city plots as being nearly what they used to be silver earnings wise. lots of logistics work to build all these plots and time is valuable as well

individual goons can do whatever they want but i think the guild should only build and maintain a repair shop and maybe two refineries in whatever town we base out of if we hold any at all. so far, silver wont have a lot of uses during cbt and this is one of them, so its mostly a "why not?" imo than a "we must!" ofc, this is all subject to change if SI announces anymore tinkering wrt city plot value. feel free to present reasons why the guild should invest more in city plots if yall disagree though

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
Cities are safezones right?

If so, getting prime real-estate in the popular cities near core buildings means that due to people being scared and lazy, that they will always make decent money.
I assume you craft and set what you sell in the shop right? If so then people/guilds can specialize in certain products and thus have a monopoly over them until some other upstart comes around.

Too bad this game doesn't mimic RPG mangas and have blacksmith levels and equipment quality that isn't initially visible stats which can be discovered via using the equipment (or leveling an appraisal skill)
If it did, in the end it wouldn't end up "Who has the best price for SWORD 67 that's convenient for me to buy?" like most MMOs.

I just want a fun less-homogenized market

ThndrShk2k fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Oct 11, 2015

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Blazing Zero posted:

individual goons can do whatever they want but i think the guild should only build and maintain a repair shop and maybe two refineries in whatever town we base out of if we hold any at all.
Unless they change things, there's already a T8 repair shop at the center of every city.

ThndrShk2k posted:

I assume you craft and set what you sell in the shop right? If so then people/guilds can specialize in certain products and thus have a monopoly over them until some other upstart comes around.
No, city plots are crafting stations. You sell items at the auction house, which every city has and anyone can use.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

ThndrShk2k posted:

Too bad this game doesn't mimic RPG mangas and have blacksmith levels and equipment quality that isn't initially visible stats which can be discovered via using the equipment (or leveling an appraisal skill)
If it did, in the end it wouldn't end up "Who has the best price for SWORD 67 that's convenient for me to buy?" like most MMOs.

I just want a fun less homogenized market

I like this idea, but I don't think that AO is aiming for that level of depth in their crafting.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Kylra posted:

No, city plots are crafting stations. You sell items at the auction house, which every city has and anyone can use.

I thought you could also setup local shops to sell stuff to guildmates and/or the public vs the AHs, unless that's a Guild island only thing?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

ThndrShk2k posted:

I thought you could also setup local shops to sell stuff to guildmates and/or the public vs the AHs, unless that's a Guild island only thing?

Nope, all sales as of the last alpha go.through the auction house. Stalls are crafting and refining stations only.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Eonwe will make a great guild leader

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Eonwe posted:

we need to get the wushu goon leadership in on this

if you have grithok/hyc/drinkfist/bergfu/sovietboat/stanley pain/werkwerk on your friends list you should IM them and guilt them into playing

tia

I'll see you on launch if stormgale will hold my hand.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Third World Reggin posted:

Eonwe will make a great guild leader

Gross

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Hy_C posted:

He'll be there and hold your hand as requested

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Do it stormgale

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

SumYungGui posted:

Nope, all sales as of the last alpha go.through the auction house. Stalls are crafting and refining stations only.

And to clarify all auction houses are local

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

Houses and guild halls can have an NPC that acts as a private AH, where you get to set who has access to it. This is more to have trading within a guild or group of friends rather than an alternative to the AH to make money off of people.

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

Werkwerk found out there is an asian lady playing this game so he is going to skip it, incase he accidentally talks to her.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Hy_C posted:

Do you mean like in a romantic way or in a "I goon out and tell people what to do way" I mean both are cool with me I just wanted to be clear.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Stormgale posted:

Do you mean like in a romantic way or in a "I goon out and tell people what to do way" I mean both are cool with me I just wanted to be clear.

Yes

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Eonwe you know I keep buisness and pleasure secret, there isn't any room for romance on the oxen road.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

Stormgale posted:

Eonwe you know I keep buisness and pleasure secret, there isn't any room for romance on the oxen road.

Yes

• Locked thread