Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Psion posted:

I've definitely made zeds explode as a firebug with melee. I've probably posted a gif of it?

e: two of them
http://gfycat.com/IllinformedEarnestElephant
http://i.imgur.com/7kWJzLQ.gifv

Badass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
I think how the explosion proc works is that it's ANY firebug perk weapon attack as long as the zed is on fire.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
I was idly browsing some info about when Killing Floor was just a mod. A lot of the music was ported over to the retail version, but unfortunately this gem got lost in translation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5kSFoK-2uI

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

http://media.tripwirecdn.com/100815/dualies.webm

:worship:

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Yeeesssss!

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

What are his grenades? It looks like a whiskey bottle.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Theta Zero posted:

What are his grenades? It looks like a whiskey bottle.

Just some kind of bug

Blunt Instrument
Apr 4, 2008

How can you shoot
(hot dogs at) women or children?

Easy! Ya just don't lead 'em so much! Hahaha! Ain't ball hell?!

There seems to be a pretty nasty bug with kick voting, after the vote and the end of the current wave the game seems to go down the list randomly and initiate another one on some other player. At first I thought it was just people being morons, but after I started a vote to kick a low level out of a HoE game, another vote on a person popped up for seemingly no reason, everyone seemed confused by it, and I couldn't vote on it at all as if I'd initiated it. What makes this worse is the fact that a lot of pubs seem to just press F1 even if they have zero idea about why someone's getting voted out, because surely there must be a reason. :downs:

This might be a known issue, but I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere and it seems to weird people out a lot in pub games.

bluetail
Jul 8, 2012

Blunt Instrument posted:

There seems to be a pretty nasty bug with kick voting, after the vote and the end of the current wave the game seems to go down the list randomly and initiate another one on some other player. At first I thought it was just people being morons, but after I started a vote to kick a low level out of a HoE game, another vote on a person popped up for seemingly no reason, everyone seemed confused by it, and I couldn't vote on it at all as if I'd initiated it. What makes this worse is the fact that a lot of pubs seem to just press F1 even if they have zero idea about why someone's getting voted out, because surely there must be a reason. :downs:

This might be a known issue, but I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere and it seems to weird people out a lot in pub games.

This just happened to me last night, we voted to kick a crappy player and almost immediately afterwards there was a vote to kick me. I asked around and no one admitted to initiating the vote, so either it's a common bug or I've just been playing with a bunch of cowards :argh:

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Yeah, the one time we kicked someone who was AFK the same thing happened.

Theta Zero posted:

I was idly browsing some info about when Killing Floor was just a mod. A lot of the music was ported over to the retail version, but unfortunately this gem got lost in translation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5kSFoK-2uI

I had completely forgotten that song existed. It was pretty good. This also made me realize I've been playing one form or another of Killing Floor for a decade already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO8_urlZElc

Holy poo poo.

Edit: Actually, I think there was a version even earlier than this, or maybe I am just misremembering things.

ZearothK fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Oct 11, 2015

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Is there a way to set a max ping for matchmaking? Sometimes I queue into EU servers and get 200 ping.

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

Elysiume posted:

Is there a way to set a max ping for matchmaking? Sometimes I queue into EU servers and get 200 ping.

For matchmaking? No, but you can set it in the server filter.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I'm still torn by KF2. The more I play the more I think its just KF HD. Has there been any word about new enemys? More reasons to try out weps that are not in your current class?
I assume the issue of I hate all these drat levels will be fixed like KF1 had by opening up to user created content. The grind and the shittyness of Demo has me down though.

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

Junkie Disease posted:

I'm still torn by KF2. The more I play the more I think its just KF HD. Has there been any word about new enemys? More reasons to try out weps that are not in your current class?
I assume the issue of I hate all these drat levels will be fixed like KF1 had by opening up to user created content. The grind and the shittyness of Demo has me down though.

is KF HD such a a bad thing? They also plan on innovating with the classes like the gunslinger, swat, martial artist and whatnot, and the mod/mapping is pretty open so that "problem" will be solved as well. The Demo is fine I feel, other than the starting pistol though.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

KF HD is crazy inaccurate

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Ruggington posted:

KF HD is crazy inaccurate

Same dark as heck maps, same dull enemys, and same slow progression. Looks prettier but things like the welding seem to be the same ol same ol. I get it, its alpha, but I was expecting more game play changes for a new purchase. Glad to hear there is more classes incoming beyond gunslinger (2016?). I can't wait for different map makers.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Junkie Disease posted:

Same dark as heck maps, same dull enemys, and same slow progression. Looks prettier but things like the welding seem to be the same ol same ol. I get it, its alpha, but I was expecting more game play changes for a new purchase. Glad to hear there is more classes incoming beyond gunslinger (2016?). I can't wait for different map makers.

Have you played above Hard difficulty? I had the same feeling at first, but progression wiped all such thoughts from my mind.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Junkie Disease posted:

lol you have no idea what you're talking about

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Ruggington posted:

lol you have no idea what you're talking about

"Lol"?
I level up and unlock poo poo for what 5 levels? Normal Difficulty might be a problem. But I guess I don't know what I'm talking about since I see all the old enemys and one lovely new boss. Welding didn't get new options unless I don't know what I'm talking about.
Thanks for the help Ruggington.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
this is all bs because you keep talking about welding

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Junkie Disease posted:

"Lol"?
I level up and unlock poo poo for what 5 levels? Normal Difficulty might be a problem. But I guess I don't know what I'm talking about since I see all the old enemys and one lovely new boss. Welding didn't get new options unless I don't know what I'm talking about.

lol

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

verbal enema posted:

this is all bs because you keep talking about welding

My bad. I guess it ruined my questions. What are good weapon choices outside any class, I keep grabbing the demos pistol mainly because its cheap and pretty.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

You misquoted me, I did not capitalize the l in "lol"

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Junkie Disease posted:

My bad. I guess it ruined my questions. What are good weapon choices outside any class, I keep grabbing the demos pistol mainly because its cheap and pretty.
Medic pistol is a good pickup on most classes, but often just for Hans. Other than that and the dualies, I don't really ever get any offperk weapons. If I want to use different weapons I'll generally just play that perk.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Junkie Disease posted:

"Lol"?

The main problem is Normal difficulty. Try starting on Hard, then moving up to Suicidal when you hit perk level 10-15. Enemies' attack patterns and spawn patterns change entirely in Suicidal and HoE, and the feel of each class becomes much more defined at perk level 10-15 or so.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
Also the plural of enemy is enemies

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Coolguye posted:

Also the plural of enemy is enemies

Yes but the possessive is enemies'

:eng101:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Man I don't want to dogpile on you, but seriously, play at least at Hard. You gain like one level per Long game at least untill level 10. Enemies get some new attacks, and even more at Suicidal and HoE. I mean the fact that Clots (in 3 flavors this game) can grab and turn you makes cleaning trash a much more important thing than it even was in 1. Playing as Berserker alone means you get to experience a whole new world of blocking, parrying and going 1v1 against Scrakes and FPs and winning. Medics have finally gotten some new great weapons in form of the shotgun and the assault rifle, making them killing machines on par with other classes while allowing them to heal better then ever with the use of homing darts. Every class has their own grenades. There's a loving microwave gun.

I mean I understand why you can say that this is Killing Floor HD if you only play something like Commando or Support, cause that hasn't changed much. But this is a sequel through and through, not a port.

PS. I will still laugh at you though if you compare the XP system to "HIT 6000 HEADSHOTS ON JUMPING STALKERS WHILE ON FIRE TO LEVEL UP" bullshit that KF1 had and say "it's the same slow progression" cause that's just an outright lie.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

I can't even tell what I'm looking at anymore.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

looks like a low res, 4:3 monitor.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Is there a DOOM music pack for KF2?

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Junkie Disease posted:

"Lol"?

That's because Welding in completely unnecessary until Suicidal/HOE?
I want to shoot anyone I see welding on Normal/Hard.

Also play on Suicidal if you want to see new poo poo, like dodging and rolling clots, Husks charging you, using their flamethrower or going suicidal bomber on your butt.
The game plays so much differently at higher levels.
Also Normal is dull as gently caress beyond just getting the basics under your belt, which to be frank you haven't done yet.

Also try a different perk than Demo, since it's a work in progress right now. Learn the joy of firebug!!! FIRE FIRE FIRE!

KF2 is amazing for a half finished game.

She Bangs the Drums fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Oct 11, 2015

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

She Bangs the Drums posted:

Also play on Suicidal if you want to see new poo poo, like dodging and rolling clots, Husks charging you, using their flamethrower or going suicidal bomber on your butt.
Also Normal is dull as gently caress beyond just getting the basics under your belt, which to be frank you haven't done yet.

Also try a different perk than Demo, since it's a work in progress right now. Learn the joy of firebug!!! FIRE FIRE FIRE!

I just figured normal should be at least fun. Welding as a mechanic should have some use but it just seems cumbersome.
Oh and I know the joys of firebug, its helped me not give a poo poo about not playing my old fave demo.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Having not played KF1, was welding useful there? Enemies tear through a welded door so quickly in KF2.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Doors regenerated between waves so you could re well them

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Welding is a joke in KF2 compared to KF1, the deteriorating door mechanic didn't exist in KF1. So a leveled support could keep a door locked down for awhile.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Junkie Disease posted:

Demo pistol sucks rear end, whenever I play as demo I use the regular pistol/medic pistol as much as possible and avoid buying ammo for the demo pistol, my goal is to live off of pistols + grenades until I can afford the grenade launcher.

Elysiume posted:

Medic pistol is a good pickup on most classes, but often just for Hans. Other than that and the dualies, I don't really ever get any offperk weapons. If I want to use different weapons I'll generally just play that perk.

The double-barreled shotgun is pretty solid as a panic button. The altfire will kill most things except scrakes/fleshpounds and can knock over crowds to give you some breathing room.

If you want to play a perk that's much different/better than it was in KF1, play firebug. Their guns own, their perks own, and the microwave gun is incredible.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Junkie Disease posted:

I just figured normal should be at least fun. Welding as a mechanic should have some use but it just seems cumbersome.
Oh and I know the joys of firebug, its helped me not give a poo poo about not playing my old fave demo.

Normal is basically for folks that dont know how to shot guns.
It sucks because everyone is a pub that is not healing their team mates, trying to solo or welding doors for no loving reason. Then they run away the moment a Skrake shows up. Which is hilarious because everything is easy to kill in Normal.
Its really hard to die on Normal, which makes it boring IMHO

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
You're more likely to actually finish a game on harder difficulties with pubs than you are on normal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

She Bangs the Drums posted:

As a side note, Husks do the suicide charge on Normal and Hard too. Shoot at them with your pistol for a bit to trigger it, I think it's an HP threshold thing on earlier difficulties. Normal's funny for gimmicks and screwing with pubbies who freak out at the Commando running off alone with just a knife though.