Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
It was a great LP while it lasted. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Well that sucks. :smith:

Thanks for bothering to put up the effort to make this first class LP anyway. It's been a blast.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

See you again in seven and a half months when you find it and reopen the LP. :)

:negative: Don't tell me I'm not allowed to be optimistic.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I'm confused. What do you need a cart for that can't be done on an emulator?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Junpei Hyde posted:

I'm confused. What do you need a cart for that can't be done on an emulator?

Well I've 100%ed the cart, and I have all the classes up to a decent level, so I can test out skills and possible weird interactions, and observe enemy and boss AI more easily.

I do not have a 100%ed file on the emulator, so I can't do all that as easily. Not without playing through a massive chunk of the game first. (And one of the unlockable classes has a lot of massively overcomplicated skills I still don't know the exact mechanics of, and I have to find that out for one of the writeups I'm doing.)

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dr. Fetus posted:

Well I've 100%ed the cart, and I have all the classes up to a decent level, so I can test out skills and possible weird interactions, and observe enemy and boss AI more easily.

I do not have a 100%ed file on the emulator, so I can't do all that as easily. Not without playing through a massive chunk of the game first. (And one of the unlockable classes has a lot of massively overcomplicated skills I still don't know the exact mechanics of, and I have to find that out for one of the writeups I'm doing.)

Wouldn't be possible to grab a 100% save file at least? Even a file that's just gone through all the endings could be completed pretty painlessly with abusing cheat codes.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Strange Quark posted:

Wouldn't be possible to grab a 100% save file at least? Even a file that's just gone through all the endings could be completed pretty painlessly with abusing cheat codes.

Unfortunately, no. Because those don't exist. There's no saves of EOIII (Or ANY EO game for that matter) uploaded online.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Well, I've got some save files with save states at each of the endings (and 100% completion up to that point, more or less), so I can give you those easy.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dr. Fetus posted:

Unfortunately, no. Because those don't exist. There's no saves of EOIII (Or ANY EO game for that matter) uploaded online.

Oh, weird.

I do have a save file of my own I could try uploading when I get home. Would that work?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Crosspeice posted:

Well, I've got some save files with save states at each of the endings (and 100% completion up to that point, more or less), so I can give you those easy.

Oh, I guess those could work.

Strange Quark posted:

Oh, weird.

I do have a save file of my own I could try uploading when I get home. Would that work?

Maybe. But I would need it to have class 12 unlocked because they have a ton of weird skills I need to test out because they're so overcomplicated and gimmicky. I've had to start adding footnotes to the Class Showcases because of that.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dr. Fetus posted:

Maybe. But I would need it to have class 12 unlocked because they have a ton of weird skills I need to test out because they're so overcomplicated and gimmicky. I've had to start adding footnotes to the Class Showcases because of that.

I have cheat codes that give tons of skill points per a level up, so I think I could get it done.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Dr. Fetus posted:

I'll PM them you when I've figured out where I am in each backup, but it seems it's just before the final boss at each of the endings, with everything else complete.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

This is good news, because this LP is great and It'd be a drat shame if it had to stop.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Junpei Hyde posted:

This is good news, because this LP is great and It'd be a drat shame if it had to stop.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Strange Quark posted:

I have cheat codes that give tons of skill points per a level up, so I think I could get it done.

I got the class you wanted with 69 skill points to spend. Is that enough to work with?

I don't have PMs, so would you rather have me post a link here or send it through something like Steam?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

You can post it here if you want.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dr. Fetus posted:

You can post it here if you want.

Cool.

Here it is: https://www.dropbox.com/s/47xgn2namg6w26k/EO3_postgame.dsv?dl=0

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Crosspeice posted:

I'll PM them you when I've figured out where I am in each backup, but it seems it's just before the final boss at each of the endings, with everything else complete.

Got it.

And this.

Thanks! The LP is back on track! Eh, maybe. Almost lost a ton of progress due to stupidity. (accidentally overwrote the LP save file with one of the other saves. Thankfully I had a save state back where I left off in the LP. :v:)

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

The LP is back on track! Eh, maybe. Almost lost a ton of progress due to stupidity. (accidentally overwrote the LP save file with one of the other saves. Thankfully I had a save state back where I left off in the LP. :v:)

Hooray!

Strange Quark posted:

:worship:

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
How many near misses have we had in this and in EO2? Like, three?

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
More than that

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Olympia really wants to murder the LP. :ohdear:

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Olympia really wants to murder the LP. :ohdear:

Nah, if we're gonna blame anyone, we blame god. Because he/she/it is an rear end in a top hat.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Bet a squirrel ran of with your cart.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Kemix posted:

Nah, if we're gonna blame anyone, we blame god. Because he/she/it is an rear end in a top hat.

But we already killed the Overlord. :v:

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

But we already killed the Overlord. :v:

I mean, by this point, how many god figures has EO had? Aside from EO1, every final boss and superboss (Ur-Child and Ur-Devil excepted depending on how you interpret them) is basically a god.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

2 and 4 are just very powerful experiments that went out of control

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I'm sorry about your loss, at this, the most complicated time. But yeah, I think I can see the ending branch from here, though I can't imagine anything good will come from diving deeper and poking the Deep One.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
You know what screw the Senatus and the Deep City. I want to ally with the creepy squid child.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Theantero posted:

You know what screw the Senatus and the Deep City. I want to ally with the creepy squid child.

I'd vote for that. Sure he's a real creep, but it's not like he's done anything worse than Olympia.

But I think that Dr. Fetus has an especially good plan this time for either alliance.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
I vote to gently caress both their shits up. Because that's the only TRUE way to play an atlus game!

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

MightyPretenders posted:

I'd vote for that. Sure he's a real creep, but it's not like he's done anything worse than Olympia.

But I think that Dr. Fetus has an especially good plan this time for either alliance.

He tried to kill Tidehunt the moment they set foot in his room. Olympia at least had the courtesy to refrain from killing on sight.

And fence sitting is for cowards. Tidehunt ain't a bunch of wishy-washy cowards.

For real, the game won't let you progress until you make your choice. It flat out roadblocks you.

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012
well, those were some dodged bullets, here's hoping you find your cart though Fetus, losing an EO cart is probably the worst thing a fan has to go through, next to them being stolen. (like what happened to me twice.)

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I didn't plan things out well at the beginning of my game. So two questions.

1) What did you spec the Ninja/farmers with?

2) How would you recommend grinding up levels in this game? I didn't really take other classes along with me when I started my game so now I've got a Buccaneer, Wildling, Gladiator, and [SECRET] at level 20 while my main team varies from level 48 to 39.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

I didn't plan things out well at the beginning of my game. So two questions.

1) What did you spec the Ninja/farmers with?

2) How would you recommend grinding up levels in this game? I didn't really take other classes along with me when I started my game so now I've got a Buccaneer, Wildling, Gladiator, and [SECRET] at level 20 while my main team varies from level 48 to 39.

10 points in Combat Study and Keburi no Sue. After that, I gave roles to each of the Ninja Farmers. One of them had Safe Stroll so there wouldn't be any random encounters on any farming trips. Another one had Rain or Shine so damage tiles wouldn't be a problem. They all had Harvest, and some of them had Double Crop.

Sea Quests and killing FOEs. That's about it. EO3 really isn't grind friendly.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

10 points in Combat Study and Keburi no Sue. After that, I gave roles to each of the Ninja Farmers. One of them had Safe Stroll so there wouldn't be any random encounters on any farming trips. Another one had Rain or Shine so damage tiles wouldn't be a problem. They all had Harvest, and some of them had Double Crop.

Sea Quests and killing FOEs. That's about it. EO3 really isn't grind friendly.

Ugh, gross. Thanks for refreshing my memory though. I'd totally forgotten where you mentioned making ninjas into the new farming team. Did you rest them before subclassing them so they could have more points to put into their skills?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Ugh, gross. Thanks for refreshing my memory though. I'd totally forgotten where you mentioned making ninjas into the new farming team. Did you rest them before subclassing them so they could have more points to put into their skills?

To get rid of Combat Study? No. Them leveling up means that they can use their skills more often, and makes them more likely to survive an attack if something goes wrong.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

You don't need very many points to have an effective farm party really, low 20s or so is usually good enough in my experience

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

To get rid of Combat Study? No. Them leveling up means that they can use their skills more often, and makes them more likely to survive an attack if something goes wrong.

Alright, gotcha. Man I wish they'd ironed out things enough to make grinding less annoying by now. I don't have the cash to buy a 3DS and games for it!

Hivac posted:

You don't need very many points to have an effective farm party really, low 20s or so is usually good enough in my experience

This was back when I didn't know what I was doing and before the LP so they're all only level 22. Which isn't enough to get anyone to Safe Stroll yet. Also they only had Combat Study at level 3 at the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

I usually dedicate the 5th slot to field support before actually getting them the gathering skills just for ease of travel

• Locked thread