Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Here at Benning E6's always seem to drive the nicest cars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Mustang posted:

Here at Benning E6's always seem to drive the nicest cars

He pulled up in a Chevy Sonic. Super nice dude, saw my stupid WW2 pin-ip Marines sign my sister got me for Christmas a few years back (http://www.amazon.com/Marines-Beach-Soldier-Retro-Vintage/dp/B005AXTAHQ/ref=pd_sim_201_10?ie=UTF8&refRID=16XX92H8VG2HMW7MSKHX) and chatted me up for a minute about being in the military. I asked him why he was delivering pizzas and he just said "For spending money" Which I guess I kinda understand. Just kinda shocked that an E-6 in his early 30s would be using his free time to do that is all.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
probably divorced at least once with 3 kids

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.

Booblord Zagats posted:

Guy who delivered my Papa Johns lastnight is a 33 year old active duty E-6.

What the hell is going on in the Army?

One of the E6s on my team was delivering pizzas and living in a trailer park because he lost everything in a divorce and had to pay a loving ridiculous amount for alimony and child support.

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man

Delizin posted:

One of the E6s on my team was delivering pizzas and living in a trailer park because he lost everything in a divorce and had to pay a loving ridiculous amount for alimony and child support.

So will we ever know if it is the army that makes these kind of people or just attracts them?

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Obstacle2 posted:

So will we ever know if it is the army that makes these kind of people or just attracts them?

Both

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Triggs posted:

That's all BOLC is and it doesn't get better when you're a new LT.

gently caress who am I kidding it doesn't get much better even as a captain.

It's not even better as a Major

OC/T: "XO, why haven't you done any MDMP during this exercise?"
Me: "On what event?"
OC/T: "On the injects and such from higher.. all you've done is taskers"
Me: "We've had.. A broken-down vehicle to recover, our normal daily supply distribution, a notification that a medical unit on our FOB that doesn't fall under us will have a Canadian dentist attached, a notification that an Army band will show up and play music, and several O6 and above visits. On which of these should I have done MDMP rather than just put the information out and let the NCOs handle it?"
OC/T: "Well, your staff isn't getting much training that way."
Me: "By all means, give me something to do MDMP on, I've been waiting for 9 days."
OC/T: "I'll.. get back with you tomorrow."

I learned at this exercise that our main roll if we deploy is to sit on a FOB and repel drive-by shootings.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Kiryen posted:

It's not even better as a Major

OC/T: "XO, why haven't you done any MDMP during this exercise?"
Me: "On what event?"
OC/T: "On the injects and such from higher.. all you've done is taskers"
Me: "We've had.. A broken-down vehicle to recover, our normal daily supply distribution, a notification that a medical unit on our FOB that doesn't fall under us will have a Canadian dentist attached, a notification that an Army band will show up and play music, and several O6 and above visits. On which of these should I have done MDMP rather than just put the information out and let the NCOs handle it?"
OC/T: "Well, your staff isn't getting much training that way."
Me: "By all means, give me something to do MDMP on, I've been waiting for 9 days."
OC/T: "I'll.. get back with you tomorrow."

I learned at this exercise that our main roll if we deploy is to sit on a FOB and repel drive-by shootings.

JRTC.txt

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Every time I get frustrated with the Navy I hop over here and you guys cheer me up :unsmith:

maffew buildings fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Oct 11, 2015

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

maffew buildings posted:

Every time I get frustrated with the Navy I hop over here and you guys cheer me up :unsmith:

Every time I think joining the Army was the best choice I remember ships are air conditioned.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Booblord Zagats posted:

Guy who delivered my Papa Johns lastnight is a 33 year old active duty E-6.

What the hell is going on in the Army?

I knew an E-5 on Riley a few years back who delivered for Dominos, wonder if it's the same guy.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

A bunch of dudes at Ft. Bliss drive for Uber from Friday till late Sunday. Buddy who love taking Ubers around El Paso says the same thing "they're just doing it for spending money."

I asked if he ever got picked up in a new v6 camaro, hasn't happened yet :(.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

The V6 Camaro owners are parked at the bar all weekend.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I got the poo poo smoked out of me in basic for wondering why the gently caress I didn't go AF.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Wasabi the J posted:

I got the poo poo smoked out of me in basic for wondering why the gently caress I didn't go AF.

To be fair the DS would have smoked you for complimenting Army life too.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
I got the poo poo smoked out of me in basic because Alabama beat Florida in the SEC title game that year.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
I totally enraged the drill sergeants in basic by saying I should have gone to college, guess that was too much for their pea brains to handle so they exploded. I had to do like two hundred push-ups that day. Everyone else in Spartan Platoon had a new-found respect for me after that.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

at the date posted:

I totally enraged the drill sergeants in basic by saying I should have gone to college, guess that was too much for their pea brains to handle so they exploded. I had to do like two hundred push-ups that day. Everyone else in Spartan Platoon had a new-found respect for me after that.

200? is that all :allears:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i was the tallest person in my company by like 5 inches so i got smoked just for existing

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

:thejoke:

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

at the date posted:

Iguess that was too much for their pea brains to handle so they exploded.

Spoken by someone following the same career path as those pea brains.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Cole posted:

Spoken by someone following the same career path as those pea brains.

jesus christ

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Army Thread -- we are all pea brains

edit vvv: I think you mean "actively discouraged."

Aranan fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Oct 12, 2015

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Aranan posted:

Army Thread -- Brains are optional

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

at the date posted:

jesus christ

your joke you ripped off from jarhead was bad and sucked so gently caress you :hehe:

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
nevermind

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

at the date posted:

jesus christ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rvd3lPnVb9E

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Third woman to graduate ranger school is a 37 year old EN O4 in the Army Reserve. That's pretty damned old to be doing hooah schools.

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

psydude posted:

Third woman to graduate ranger school is a 37 year old EN O4 in the Army Reserve. That's pretty damned old to be doing hooah schools.

gently caress, she was a freshman in college when I was a senior. I feel ancient.

McSpatula
Aug 5, 2006
Fun fact: it only took her 6 months to complete the ~2 month school. Come for the prestige, recycle for the candy flights? :gooncamp:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

McSpatula posted:

Fun fact: it only took her 6 months to complete the ~2 month school. Come for the prestige, recycle for the candy flights? :gooncamp:
Plenty enough men recycle, too. Quit being a shithead.

McSpatula
Aug 5, 2006

Naked Bear posted:

Plenty enough men recycle, too. Quit being a shithead.

Tell me more about men who've recycled, then graduated, after receiving more than three no-gos, not all of them with a vacation back to day 1.

edit: phone post good

McSpatula fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Oct 13, 2015

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Tell me more about why anyone cares that another woman graduated the army's boy scout camping school. Seriously, why the gently caress does it matter? I don't give a rats rear end for any guy graduating and I equally give no fucks about a chick graduating. If anything its impressive that someone my age can still do that poo poo regardless of gender.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Aranan posted:

Tell me more about why anyone cares that another woman graduated the army's boy scout camping school. Seriously, why the gently caress does it matter? I don't give a rats rear end for any guy graduating and I equally give no fucks about a chick graduating. If anything its impressive that someone my age can still do that poo poo regardless of gender.

Not to sound sanctimonious but the same argument could have been made against Rosa Parks about sitting in the front of the bus; it shouldn't be a big deal but it's another important landmark in equality in the armed forces because it was literally off limits for hundreds a of years.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

Wasabi the J posted:

Not to sound sanctimonious but the same argument could have been made against Rosa Parks about sitting in the front of the bus; it shouldn't be a big deal but it's another important landmark in equality in the armed forces because it was literally off limits for hundreds a of years.

In re-reading my post, I realize I didn't phrase it right. I'm more asking why people are getting so butt-hurt about women graduating. It's not like there's a penis pole-vaulting day at Ranger school, so why would it matter.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Because the Army is a place for men to walk around singing songs and talk about each other's hair.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I just want to go to a school where they teach me how to be a james bond type soldier. The one who learns how to dress fashionably, force women into having sex with me on boats, can drink copious amounts of alcohol but still round-house kick bitches in the face with precision accuracy, drive/fly anything. Also would allow me to not adhere to AR670-1 and grow sick hair-styles and not shave while I'm in the Bahamas plowing women for secrets of their bosses intention to sell plutonium to ISIS.

ReebTop
May 17, 2003
James Bond was a sailor, so I think you chose the wrong branch :(

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Look we're all here to defend the 2nd amendment and our right to deep fry anything from the browns so i'll go to navy schools if need be...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

i don't care who passes ranger school they're dumb for still being in the army

• Locked thread