Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Kazinsal posted:

I wasn't playing goonmans when the hate for Mr. Pink started so I don't because I don't actually know why we hate him :shrug:

Basic Mr. Pink cycle of hatred:

-Pink asks for advice, is given advice.

-Pink either questions the advice, doesn't apply the advice in-game, or both.

-Eventually someone uploads a video of Mr. Pink making a bad play, and his reactions over voice chat becomes fuel for banter.

-Banter carries on, eventually turns into straight up poo poo talking (mainly on sub.io thread).

-Mr. Pink tries to defend himself, but it does more harm than good. Usually he gets so caught up in it to where he's either completely contradicting himself, or just embarrassing himself.

-Eventually Mr. Pink starts trolling, and that makes people think he was a troll all along.

-Things die down, Mr. Pink says he's changed and that he's improving.

-Cycle continues.

iirc someone on the sub.io thread said that this has been happening on and off with Mr. Pink for close to 2 years now and it's always the same thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

mcvey posted:

Someone post the pink videos because lol if you think it's unjustified.

He was banned and kept coming back, he knows exactly what he's doing. There's no bullying when he keeps coming back for more.

e: he's the only person banned for non hacking reasons in 3+ years of goonman. That's gotta tell you something.

Macnult posted:

iirc someone on the sub.io thread said that this has been happening on and off with Mr. Pink for close to 2 years now and it's always the same thing.

Allow me to illustrate these points:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTMlUUdfq0U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAphqmZUPJM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EZT49HzJPM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-je4kF5wDhg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl-n2cVPVew

To be fair, that fourth video is more funny than it is an actual condemnation of his lovely play... well, except for that first round shown.

When someone continuously says that they are taking your advice while actively doing the exact opposite for years, it's time to write them off for good. Why that is a problem for some people I will have no idea.

edit: added the fifth and newest video from Dorky

A TURGID FATSO fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Oct 11, 2015

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot
Let's please keep the vibes up.

gently caress, this is pretty accurate. I have been an idiot, I'd like to hope that that doesn't mean I'm a scarlet letter on sub.io no matter how much I do actually improve.

mcvey posted:

Someone post the pink videos because lol if you think it's unjustified.

It's literally unjustified, and most people know it. I'm not going to poo poo up the thread but the videos you're talking about are ones where I flail around like a silver and die, which everybody does sometimes, or fast planting stupid stuff. I've stopped most of that.

Anyway, I feel DMG coming on (with some helpful carries).

Turk February posted:

When someone continuously says that they are taking your advice while actively doing the exact opposite

I'm pretty sure it's you in one of those videos saying "fast plant it", I don't know if you were being funny but whatever, I do follow what my team says for the most part and joke around soemetimes.

VVV Right, you just reply 'ok' and the next time someone brings this up you'll be all "it's justified" while totally ignoring what I'm saying and doing.

Michael Scott fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Oct 11, 2015

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Also that time that Garfu played on pinks acount and played like a normal person while no one gave him real poo poo(until it was obvious it wasn't Pink).

Michael Scott posted:

It's literally unjustified, and most people know it. I'm not going to poo poo up the thread but the videos you're talking about are ones where I flail around like a silver and die, which everybody does sometimes, or fast planting stupid stuff. I've stopped most of that.

Ok

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
*Blows off the dust on the ancient Vibes tome, flips to the index, and then to the last page* "Ah...Ban Mr. Pink"

Slumpy fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Oct 11, 2015

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

2.25 @ 250

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot
My new cheapo mouse has such high DPI that if I bring the slider to the lowest point ingame with my mouse on the lowest DPI setting, and it's still fast as hell. It's a problem.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Michael Scott posted:

No, it's justified. Most people just do not want to play with you. It's pretty easy to understand why when you've been nothing but an anchor for 90% of your games in goonmans.

Michael Scott posted:

I'm pretty sure it's you in one of those videos saying "fast plant it", I don't know if you were being funny but whatever, I do follow what my team says for the most part and joke around soemetimes.
I am in the second video but I'm not telling you to "fast plant it", but I certainly do defuse it.

mcvey posted:

Also that time that Garfu played on pinks acount and played like a normal person while no one gave him real poo poo(until it was obvious it wasn't Pink).
Added to the post above.

Michael Scott posted:

My new cheapo mouse has such high DPI that if I bring the slider to the lowest point ingame with my mouse on the lowest DPI setting, and it's still fast as hell. It's a problem.
What the hell type of mouse is this? Does it have a jet engine where the laser sensor should be?

A TURGID FATSO fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Oct 11, 2015

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Turk February posted:

No, it's justified. Most people just do not want to play with you. It's pretty easy to understand why when you've been nothing but an anchor for 90% of your games in goonmans.

Man, on some of this stuff you're not wrong. But I think most people really don't care. And I absolutely have not been an anchor lately, a ton of people are anchors in games also because of the skill curve in sub.io. They aren't poo poo on like this, and I hope you can forget about whatever bad habits I had. You all are fun to try and beat, that's why I want to come back. It's not fun to lose.

Casual gets disregarded on this thread a lot, but it has helped me practice along with some good MM queues. Enough that I can actually be a threat in goonmans.

Michael Scott fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Oct 11, 2015

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Je suis Mr. Pink.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

SteelSeries Rival

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Turk February posted:

What the hell type of mouse is this? Does it have a jet engine where the laser sensor should be?

Shrug, it's an off-brand big on Amazon. The well-known Redragon M601. 2000 DPI and it has Omron switches (so they say) but the right click is hilariously about twice as hard to press as the left click. Too lazy to return it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HTK1NCS

It's an old-school LED sensor as well.

e: Can I add that most of the people in those videos are laughing about my idiocy and having fun, isn't that part of what the best kind of CS is about?
That inferno round was horrible though, I could not stop trying to defend banana like that. I also thought that wasn't "pushing" and wanted to keep them from coming up to car. I learned from that match, as hard headed as I was.

Michael Scott fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Oct 12, 2015

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Man, it sure seems like I've been missing out on a lot by avoiding goon mans :v:

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Smithereens posted:

sometimes you just gotta mute vlc and faffel everytime theyre in the server, cuz they're both unbearable!!
after that ull have a great time, I PROMISE. if u are new and scared, pls send me a pm and I PERSONALLY will baby u like the delicate creature u are

Whoooo are you

Who who
Who who

I really wish you wouldn't post

Also we hate Mr Pink because other people hate him. Basically like any kind of hatred the world over.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

The 30 minutes I played goonman's before csgo poo poo the bed and died was fun and cool, and I totally deserved to be laughed at more :shobon:

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Also double posting because nerd drama over video games is hilarious and sad

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Thanks for not shouting at me too much tonight on my first goonmans even though I was playing terribad :glomp:

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Can't wait for the CSGO thread to be shut down for importing drama

Is CS the new Dota1?

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Thanks for not shouting at me too much tonight on my first goonmans even though I was playing terribad :glomp:

Everyone is terribad to someone
Seeing Steel scream and borderline cry over professional players not being able to properly flashbang in ESEA invite pugs is loving amazing and well worth putting up with him.

Faffel fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Oct 12, 2015

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

1.45 @ 800 DPI

Deathadder

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Mouse talk again?

1.25@500

Anker Gaming

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

I'm at 1200DPI and recently raised my sens from 0.55 all the way to 0.75!!! It's so loving sensitive now I might have to go back down.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Pretty sure the mouse talk is just to derail the thread from Mr. Pink bullshit. That said,

2.0 @ 400, Zowie FK2

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

did someone say...

mr pink?

let me tell you about mr pink

let me fuckin tell you about this fuckin mr pink guy

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Almost dropped a 40k against globals and supremes on my smurf and then later met someone actually good at the game and got completely stomped on cobble. CS is such an emotional roller coaster

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Bohemian Nights posted:

Almost dropped a 40k against globals and supremes on my smurf and then later met someone actually good at the game and got completely stomped on cobble. CS is such an emotional roller coaster

Teach me please. So many of you guys seem to hit Global incredibly easily. We should MM sometime.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Michael Scott posted:

Teach me please.

Use the SG more and spray at almost every range

e: also helps to be scandinavian or failing that play exclusively with scandinavians

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Oct 12, 2015

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

e: nvm that's someone else's screenshot? Weird

mcvey fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Oct 12, 2015

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
American MM is Absolute Hellscape

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Xenaero posted:

American MM is Absolute Hellscape

I dunno. I named myself "I Buy Autos" this morning and every game I've played has been full of positive vibes on my team and eventually I get the entire team to buy autos. Usually brings negative vibes to the other team and that's always good

BeRandom
Mar 20, 2011
2.75 sens @ 450 DPI

Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3.0
http://amzn.com/B00QGPJLOE

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
1.8 @ 1600

come to xen

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Fateo McMurray posted:

I dunno. I named myself "I Buy Autos" this morning and every game I've played has been full of positive vibes on my team and eventually I get the entire team to buy autos. Usually brings negative vibes to the other team and that's always good

I always try this but lose the auto immediately and then get rolled by it :negative:

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

mcvey posted:

e: nvm that's someone else's screenshot? Weird

It's my screenshot, why it says current rank global and someone else's games played I don't know. Maybe because I'm hovering over Odd? Must be that I guess

e: whoops it WAS actually odd's screenshot, I screenshotted too but he uploaded his and I got confused when it popped up on steamcommunity :downs:

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Oct 12, 2015

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Bohemian Nights posted:

It's my screenshot, why it says current rank global and someone else's games played I don't know. Maybe because I'm hovering over Odd? Must be that I guess

Never seen or heard of something like that but alright.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Antares posted:

SteelSeries Rival

Agreed. Good mouse.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

fennesz posted:

I always try this but lose the auto immediately and then get rolled by it :negative:

Buying a P90 the round after you lose the auto is a great way to get it back

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
sensitivity 1 @ 800-1000 dpi w/ logitech G1 / g100s. Still aim like poo poo

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Sensitivty 1 with 950 dpi on my rival

Stuff from the last couple of days including an ace from my recent mirage adventure and more bonobo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ6Y4RJDbuk

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
Do you just sit and go through all of your shadowplay stuff every few days or do you flag highlights as they happen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

henne posted:

Do you just sit and go through all of your shadowplay stuff every few days or do you flag highlights as they happen?

I have my shadowplay set to 3 minutes so when something cool happens (and I remember to) I just press my record bind and it records 3 minutes back in time, it's real nice and simple and with zero performance loss, shadowplay owns

I mostly use it for HOW DID THAT GUY KILL ME-situations and it's cool to be able to go back and see that the answer usually is that I'm bad and my crosshair wasn't even on him

• Locked thread