Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
if you wanna have fun playing goonmans than work on your vibes yo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

Famethrowa posted:

steam name is slowlydownward currently so if someone could throw me an invite I'd appreciate it :shobon:

I'd like to extend a goonman greeting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtYMx9P0zgI

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Dork457 posted:

I'd like to extend a goonman greeting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtYMx9P0zgI

see ya tonite murph

I've reloaded on whisky and plan on getting blitzed so WHO'S READY FOR SOME DRUNKEN UNCLE TURK COACH?!

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

HiipFire posted:

if you wanna have fun playing goonmans than work on your vibes yo

The Blue Caboose
May 20, 2007

jeff gerstmann hates fun

Kazinsal posted:

Break from the drama for a sec: My mouse is dying and I need a new one. I'm a broke college goon so I can't afford to just straight up replace this old Corsair M90 with an M95.

My local-ish computer store has the Logitech G402 for $39.98 instead of $69.99 (Canadian monopoly money). Is it worth it? If not, any better suggestions in the sub-$50 USD range?

I don't know about the g402, but you can typically find the steelseries sensei raw or rival for around $40 usd and they both own bones.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Only Europeans can have fun in csgo, they are also the best at playing the game

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
This game is going to crush me. I've been playing CS off and on for like 10 years but just started playing again after taking a huge break so I'm loving awful. The one casual game where I start off insanely good (which was like 13-1) and feel in my groove -- of course gets scrambled (it was only like a 4-0 lead) and the teams get shuffled, I play completely average the next game and our team gets smashed 8-0 and my scramble attempt gets a resounding decline. I just find it funny that in the 100 games I've played recently, I can't recall scramble teams getting enough votes to pass. Maybe it'll push me to do that good every game, but my god it really bothered me.

Deadbeat Dad fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Oct 11, 2015

conversation piece
Sep 19, 2015

As both a deathadder and rival haver,

get the rival

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Deadbeat Dad posted:

This game is going to crush me. I've been playing CS off and on for like 10 years but just started playing again after taking a huge break so I'm loving awful. The one casual game where I start off insanely good (which was like 13-1) and feel in my groove -- of course gets scrambled (it was only like a 4-0 lead) and the teams get shuffled, I play completely average the next game and our team gets smashed 8-0 and my scramble attempt gets a resounding decline. I just find it funny that in the 100 games I've played recently, I can't recall scramble teams getting enough votes to pass. Maybe it'll push me to do that good every game, but my god it really bothered me.

If it makes you feel better casual is a garbage mode that has no relation to the actual game, and you can farm DM/demo/arms race to get acct rank 3

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Antares posted:

If it makes you feel better casual is a garbage mode that has no relation to the actual game, and you can farm DM/demo/arms race to get acct rank 3

Haha, yeah. I'm rank like 4 or 5 actually I think, but I don't really like playing competitive without a few friends since I still feel a bit overmatched so I just practice in casuals. I'll just take it as bad karma and move on.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

I'd find community 5v5 servers if you're getting ELO anxiety, the skill level is usually pretty low outside of the odd ringer. Other than that, your competitive MMR will eventually level out and you'll be evenly matched

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I am awful

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Xenaero posted:

I am awful

We all are.

Koala Cola
Dec 21, 2005

I am the stone that the builder refused...

Garfu posted:

You were there, and there's a demo. At first I was talking, pointing stuff out. There was no anger. I ran down suicide the last two rounds, said goodbye, and left

No one in particular was frustrating me. I didn't get mad at any one person. I just think I've had my fill of goonmans

VV oh for some reason I thought you were computer

you sure seem upset about something, what bugged you about goonmans?

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
Someone posted a cool little interactive page that brought up a list of maps and different smokes for both sides, does anyone have the link handy? I can't remember how far back it was...

In other news, I'm slowly making my way through the placement matches... 4 more wins to go. Had a match where we were completely stomping the other team, eventually leading my team to just start loving around with shotguns and negevs and poo poo and eventually putting us at a tie :smithicide: I'm having a lot of fun. I used to play competitively in 1.5/6 and then lost interest when Source came out. The game is so different and I'm such trash at AWPing now :(

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

canoshiz posted:

Someone posted a cool little interactive page that brought up a list of maps and different smokes for both sides, does anyone have the link handy? I can't remember how far back it was...

http://www.thewarmup.net/ ?

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

That was it thanks!

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!
Did a solo queue today and finally ranked up to MGE. My team was pretty good at communicating, but there were a couple whiny kids who complained every time they got killed or we lost a round. Tried my best to keep the vibes up, and we pulled out a decisive victory, but soloing always feels like massive effort.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

my favorite is when I say "okay, one more game" then I get a 4 stack of derankers

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Haha, yeah. I'm rank like 4 or 5 actually I think, but I don't really like playing competitive without a few friends since I still feel a bit overmatched so I just practice in casuals. I'll just take it as bad karma and move on.

just jump to comp
itll put you against people as bad/good as you

and trust me, if youre bad, silvers 1-3 have people who have absolutely never aimed a computer gun ever so you should do fine.

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

sometimes you just gotta mute vlc and faffel everytime theyre in the server, cuz they're both unbearable!!
after that ull have a great time, I PROMISE. if u are new and scared, pls send me a pm and I PERSONALLY will baby u like the delicate creature u are

Michael Scott posted:

You have to constantly watch how you come off or you'll make someone upset and they'll do their best to make the match poo poo for everyone. But, somehow it's still a good time when you have the right people on.

it's like the ppl beind the computers are real human beans with feelings and emotions who get upset ??? god forbid getting upset at mean/annoying/disruptive behavior!

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

ArfJason posted:

and trust me, if youre bad, silvers 1-3 have people who have absolutely never aimed a computer gun ever so you should do fine.
Pretty much. The only multiplayer FPS I played before GO was TF2. Naturally, I placed Silver II. :suicide:

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Smithereens posted:

god forbid getting upset at mean/annoying/disruptive behavior!

haha yeah, definitely describes what i do. i'm the meanest guy out there. also, no one else is mean/annoying/disruptive, it's just me!

seriously though, i would never want to be any of those things. it's true that i do things for laughs, to try and make others laugh.

on-topic:

I feel like I'm hitting the ceiling for me. I'm at the level where I can get on the top 1 or 2 on a team soloing pretty consistently, but it's tough to win the match, often because of a skill gap on my team. I would really like to get to DMG.

Michael Scott fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Oct 11, 2015

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Have you unleashed the fastplant? That'll get you to DMG easy

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Any EU people who would like to play later I can get on the server anytime from now really

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

exethan posted:

Have you unleashed the fastplant? That'll get you to DMG easy

No joke, that has helped me win almost every match I've played on Mirage. It works flawlessly at these ranks on MM, but it will never work on goons. It's an interesting distinction for sure, and one that took me a while to realize hah.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
ughh can you people go back to the sub.io thread to poo poo on mr pink thanks

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

Michael Scott posted:

haha yeah, definitely describes what i do. i'm the meanest guy out there. also, no one else is mean/annoying/disruptive, it's just me!
i never suggested that you were mean, but you provoke the ire of 90% of the server pop in other ways. i also never said that no other person is ever mean, annoying, or disruptive, pinky. 99% of the server is moody, much like in real life, but u rarely hear of people getting banned for getting upset in a game. you need to brush up on ur reading comprehension, buddo. i think ur inability to comprehend my post as opposed to hearing whatever u want constitutes a large problem in ur ability to get along w other human beanings.

your biggest fan xoxo

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

Smithereens posted:

sometimes you just gotta mute vlc and faffel everytime theyre in the server, cuz they're both unbearable!!
after that ull have a great time, I PROMISE. if u are new and scared, pls send me a pm and I PERSONALLY will baby u like the delicate creature u are

it's like the ppl beind the computers are real human beans with feelings and emotions who get upset ??? god forbid getting upset at mean/annoying/disruptive behavior!

This is Dookie Actual, can we get a VIB-REP? Over.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Wrong thread

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
http://oddshot.tv/shot/trilluxelive-20151011155511278

new meta is 4 man boosts

stump collector
May 28, 2007

hahaha they must've tried it the previous rounds or something

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
I wasn't playing goonmans when the hate for Mr. Pink started so I don't because I don't actually know why we hate him :shrug:

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Kazinsal posted:

I wasn't playing goonmans when the hate for Mr. Pink started so I don't because I don't actually know why we hate him :shrug:

Goons need someone to pick on. He doesn't even have to say a word these days. Just his name appearing in the connect message makes at least 4 people freak out.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Humans in general need someone to pick on. Someone that's not them

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

DREAM = DEAD

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

Kazinsal posted:

some ppl honestly believe he is an elaborate troll which is how the justify their merciless bullying

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Xenaero posted:

Goons need someone to pick on. He doesn't even have to say a word these days. Just his name appearing in the connect message makes at least 4 people freak out.

no_funeral posted:

some ppl honestly believe he is an elaborate troll which is how the justify their merciless bullying

Oh yeah, this has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that for the past two years or so since he's been around that he has been a total jackass and purposely ignoring the majority of advice people have given him time and time again through probably a hundred or so games with him. Nope. Not at all. Keep this trash poo poo to the sub.io thread where it belongs (and where he can't post).

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Someone post the pink videos because lol if you think it's unjustified.

He was banned and kept coming back, he knows exactly what he's doing. There's no bullying when he keeps coming back for more.

e: he's the only person banned for non hacking reasons in 3+ years of goonman. That's gotta tell you something.

mcvey fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Oct 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

woodch posted:

Did a solo queue today and finally ranked up to MGE. My team was pretty good at communicating, but there were a couple whiny kids who complained every time they got killed or we lost a round. Tried my best to keep the vibes up, and we pulled out a decisive victory, but soloing always feels like massive effort.

Just lost 3-16 because two children on my team did this. One kind of hosed up his lurk and the other got real butthurt about it. Instead of just moving onto the next round they proceeded to incessantly complain about it. We started the game 3-5 (after some really weird back and forth force buys) and didn't win another round the rest of the game because of it. I can usually level it out but they just would not shut the gently caress up.

• Locked thread