Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Read Only Memories is basically a Snatcher homage and I like it. I can't tell if the take on Future SanFran is unironic or ironic however because IMO it borderlines on parody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Fabricated posted:

Read Only Memories is basically a Snatcher homage and I like it. I can't tell if the take on Future SanFran is unironic or ironic however because IMO it borderlines on parody.

how's the soundtrack

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
what the gently caress

I was playing 100 Mario and on some level I flubbed a jump and fell into a pit. instead of the normal sfx I heard Mario echoey foot steps for a while and like jiggling door handles that don't open. this goes on for a while and then I hear a door open and Mario say "woohoo" and a voice whispers "Mario maker"

it was loving weird

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

ayn rand hand job posted:

how's the soundtrack

It's alright so far. Nothing particularly noteworthy but it's fitting.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

bump_fn posted:

what the gently caress

I was playing 100 Mario and on some level I flubbed a jump and fell into a pit. instead of the normal sfx I heard Mario echoey foot steps for a while and like jiggling door handles that don't open. this goes on for a while and then I hear a door open and Mario say "woohoo" and a voice whispers "Mario maker"

it was loving weird

MARIO DROWNED

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

bump_fn posted:

what the gently caress

it was loving weird

you found out the secret place where they make marios

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

bump_fn posted:

what the gently caress

it was loving weird
lol i ran into something similar, where i fell down a pit and it just kept doing a falling whistle for a few extended seconds before i actually died

mario maker's got some weird stuff thrown in for shits and giggles

diamond dog
Jul 27, 2010

by merry exmarx

Kuvo posted:

does the xof uniform even do anything or is it just the kojima tax to not be ashamed of bringing her along on missions

it's meant to trick you into thinking she works for xof

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

wait until mission 43

ok this cutscene was also dumb as gently caress

and huey is an rear end in a top hat but i already knew that

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

at the date posted:

It's going to be the best game of 2018.

i'm going to use the marry_anyone cheat and get a hot alien babe wife for my imbecile son

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
hey who does destiny on ps4 and can run cool stuff with me and make me feel special

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Siljmonster posted:

hey who does destiny on ps4 and can run cool stuff with me and make me feel special

someone w bad taste in games i suspect

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Cat Face Joe posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sr_XaUmBlU

as a millennial i am now hype for cheerios

correct

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

we've bought several boxes.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Malloc Voidstar posted:

mgsv was pretty fun for 100 or so hours
but i played undertale today and holy poo poo

also same

undertale was my weekend, got neutral pacifist and true pacifist endings. glad i went in unspoilt i recommend it

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Fabricated posted:

You don't even see Quiet like 90% of the time you're on a mission with her since she's perched up somewhere doming everyone who looks at you crosseyed, who cares

speaking of quiet & "crosseyed"

ocelot mentions that she doesn't need a spotter because she can move her eyes independently. like a chameleon

i really wish they showed her doing this in a cutscene

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i'm all caught up on my Posts. see you in a week

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

As a Millennial I posted:

speaking of quiet & "crosseyed"

ocelot mentions that she doesn't need a spotter because she can move her eyes independently. like a chameleon

i really wish they showed her doing this in a cutscene

i remember the end doing a freaking chameleon thing with his eyeballs in 3, poo poo was gross

Ridinspinnaz
Jan 29, 2009

Siljmonster posted:

add: Baronbonghits

I've got a 290+ titan, then a fresh 40 hunter and a 25 sorc and I tend to run a lot of stuff especially late at night

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Constant Hamprince posted:

i remember the end doing a freaking chameleon thing with his eyeballs in 3, poo poo was gross

Quiet basically has his powers, since all the Cobras had parasites and she inherited his one.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

I wonder if The Boss/Joy had parasites or if she was just the best at fighting.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
uh with a codename like Boss

of course she was the best

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

BBJoey posted:

I wonder if The Boss/Joy had parasites or if she was just the best at fighting.

She was like Big Boss...just drat good at what she did.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Do they ever actually establish that the Cobras had parasites? I mean I don't think there's anything wrong with retcoonning that in since the Cobra's superpowers were never really explained at all but I haven't heard a tape or anything yet saying that.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Fabricated posted:

Do they ever actually establish that the Cobras had parasites? I mean I don't think there's anything wrong with retcoonning that in since the Cobra's superpowers were never really explained at all but I haven't heard a tape or anything yet saying that.

There's some tape where Cipher delivered The End's remains and some other Cobra's remains to Code Talker so he could study.

I think the tape is very coy about it, not staying it was the Cobras directly, but heavily hinted at.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

A parasite that controls bees? Now you're talking crazy

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

SynthOrange posted:

A parasite that controls bees? Now you're talking crazy

it all makes so much sense now

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
shooting hornets out of my skin was one of the few enjoyable portions in bioshock

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin
sahelanthropus keeps beatoing the poo poo out of me and its starting to be upsetting

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Power Ambient posted:

sahelanthropus keeps beatoing the poo poo out of me and its starting to be upsetting

Freaking yospos dumbass.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

There's some tape where Cipher delivered The End's remains and some other Cobra's remains to Code Talker so he could study.

I think the tape is very coy about it, not staying it was the Cobras directly, but heavily hinted at.

but... but they exploded

why does kojima need to do this with each game

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

but... but they exploded

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

but... but they exploded

The parasites keep the cells alive.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Knuc U Kinte posted:

The parasites keep the cells alive.

just like the nanomachines keep vamp from dying. gotcha

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

don't get me wrong, i'm not complaining. this is all part of the fun

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

just like the nanomachines keep vamp from dying. gotcha

Welcome to mgs, dumbass.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

don't get me wrong, i'm not complaining. this is all part of the fun

Fine...I'll allow it.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
mgs started by stealing from escape from new york and ended by stealing from the thing. hope they do big trouble in little china next

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I'm interested in seeing what Kojima does next. Shame he couldn't take his engine with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

haveblue posted:

mgs started by stealing from escape from new york and ended by stealing from the thing. hope they do big trouble in little china next

p sure it's gonna be overboard

• Locked thread