Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

Tusen Takk posted:

My dog won't stop eating goose poo poo and it's driving me nuts

anyone have any tips to help him stop or is it something that I get to look forward to for the rest of my life

My mother had a corgi that did this except with cat and dog poo poo. We sprinkled a few turds with hot pepper and she stopped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

rdb posted:

My mother had a corgi that did this except with cat and dog poo poo. We sprinkled a few turds with hot pepper and she stopped.

loving brilliant

I googled it and it's not bad for them since their digestive tract is so powerful, so at least i don't have to worry about worms or some poo poo like that

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Tusen Takk posted:

loving brilliant

I googled it and it's not bad for them since their digestive tract is so powerful, so at least i don't have to worry about worms or some poo poo like that

If it's so powerful why can't they eat chocolate?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

leica posted:

If it's so powerful why can't they eat chocolate?

That has more to do with the biochemical reaction that shuts their kidneys down or something

basically its great at killing germs but not so great at dissasociating poisons

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Tusen Takk posted:

loving brilliant

Yeah chili and pepper powders breaks a lot of bad eating habits

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Or your dog starts liking things with hot peppers in it. Which is hilarious until they start making GBS threads rivers of molten turd everywhere that smell like bodies that have been rotting in a storm drain for a week.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Elmnt80 posted:

Or your dog starts liking things with hot peppers in it. Which is hilarious until they start making GBS threads rivers of molten turd everywhere that smell like bodies that have been rotting in a storm drain for a week.

my dog has never had human food before and is a big old baby so i'm hoping for the best here

edit:

qq i've had such a long day sleeping please stop taking pictures of me i wanna sleeeeep

FAT32 SHAMER fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Oct 11, 2015

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

My dog usually qq's over having to take showers

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

1500quidporsche posted:

My dog usually qq's over having to take showers

Hahaha sameeee

little does rascal realize that he, too, shall be getting a bath this very night!!!!!

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Tusen Takk posted:

anyone have any tips to help him stop or is it something that I get to look forward to for the rest of my life

You absolutely can train him, and now is a great time to. Please check in with pet island for dog training tips.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Yeah post in pet island and report back lol.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I posted in there about training him before and they did give me great tips, so now the lil' bastard isn't pulling on his leash unless their are geese to chase, and he heels extremely well.

The rest of it is a matter of wearing him out, I already run him about 5 miles per day but I'm afraid as he gets bigger he's going to need more like 15 miles per day

in which case :rip: me

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I definitely don't like the fact that my dog has long hair and is small until I remember that having a big dog in a condo would be an unholy terror.

I've gotta get in the habit of starting to run with him though, that's more for me though.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

1500quidporsche posted:

I definitely don't like the fact that my dog has long hair and is small until I remember that having a big dog in a condo would be an unholy terror.

I've gotta get in the habit of starting to run with him though, that's more for me though.

Me and my wife live in a 666sqft townhouse with a german shepherd/husky mix and it's not bad at all. I wish I had some fenced off space to let him run but we're looking at buying a house in the next few months

Also granted we do have a basement so that definitely helps storage wise

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

leica posted:

Yeah post in pet island and report back lol.

I used to post there and got sick of it because people think they're smarter than everyone else...hopefully that's changed.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

CharlesM posted:

I used to post there and got sick of it because people think they're smarter than everyone else...hopefully that's changed.

Hope springs eternal.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Got my first custom title in pet island :smug:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

leica posted:

Got my first custom title in pet island :smug:

Speaking of that why isn't your avatar the organic mechanic with the ear trumpet? You can leave the text as it is.

Scrambles
Jul 24, 2003

I WANT IT
my dog eats her poo poo and then vomits it inside and eats it and farts a lot :) :) :)

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.

Tusen Takk posted:

don't kinkshame tia

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

1500quidporsche posted:

Our 85lb walker coonhound is the best small place dog I've ever had. We got her when we lived in an 800sqft place, and she was fine.

I mean she thinks she's a lapdog, and spends all day on the couch or stretched out on tile if it's hot. Seriously, you try to walk her more than half a mile and she just quits.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Shout out to 14" for suggesting the Boeing Museum of Flight. I got a shitload of good photos on my actual camera, that place is AMAZING. I had a massive nerdboner the entire time.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Geirskogul posted:

Speaking of that why isn't your avatar the organic mechanic with the ear trumpet? You can leave the text as it is.

I've had the avatar for awhile now, somebody added the text and gang tag later on.

So I've been thinking about getting a concealed carry license, anybody have any experience carrying? Don't really want to post in TFR if I don't have to :v:

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

The future for this country is roads, freeways and highways

To the dangerzone

leica posted:

So I've been thinking about getting a concealed carry license, anybody have any experience carrying? Don't really want to post in TFR if I don't have to :v:

My advice is dont bother, once someone pulls a gun everyone is hosed and if there is an active shooter situation its gonna be hard for the cops to figure out who the baddie is and you might end up capped.

if you do security work maybe open carry is better because then people know you have gun and are less likely to start poo poo.

if you are set on concealed carry get a 1911 because they are pure sex

E: the only americans i know are my cousins and they are black so they wouldnt even consider something like that

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

leica posted:

I've had the avatar for awhile now, somebody added the text and gang tag later on.

Just go ask TFR. It's not that bad. Also check handgunlaw.us to see more info on your state's carry regulations.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Big Daddy Keynes posted:

My advice is dont bother, once someone pulls a gun everyone is hosed and if there is an active shooter situation its gonna be hard for the cops to figure out who the baddie is and you might end up capped.

if you do security work maybe open carry is better because then people know you have gun and are less likely to start poo poo.

if you are set on concealed carry get a 1911 because they are pure sex

E: the only americans i know are my cousins and they are black so they wouldnt even consider something like that

Yeah I do security and was basically going to use a CC until I get my class G license, because I've come to the conclusion that I can't depend on the cops to be there when I need them, nobody else gives a gently caress about my well being so I have to be able to defend myself from scumbag idiots that have an axe to grind with me. I've gotten seriously physically threatened twice in the last two days and I'm over having to worry about my safety.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
Most of my coworkers and some of my friends do it. I can't find a holster I'm comfortable with to do it, so I just put the gun in my pocket when I go pick things up on Craigslist if I'm going by myself.

My wife hates guns, but I like having it after some sketchy CL encounters and all of the horror stories I've read on Facebook. I work opposite of all my friends so I rarely have someone I can ask to go with me.

E: you're no longer a bartender?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I wish I could trust myself to own a gun but I have 1.) Rage issues and 2.) Depression so at some point I'd either kill myself or someone else so no guns for me.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

mafoose posted:

E: you're no longer a bartender?

I bartend part time, security full time.

I have a Kel Tec 9mm with a little waist band clip that would be perfect. Also have a .38 snub nose but I don't think I'd want a holster, and it would be hard to conceal because all I wear is a t shirt and shorts.

[e] Only thing I'm worried about with the Kel Tec is it tends to jam. Think I'll need to test some different rounds through it.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

leica posted:

I have a Kel Tec 9mm with a little waist band clip that would be perfect. Also have a .38 snub nose but I don't think I'd want a holster, and it would be hard to conceal because all I wear is a t shirt and shorts.

[e] Only thing I'm worried about with the Kel Tec is it tends to jam. Think I'll need to test some different rounds through it.

38 snubbies disappear in pocket holsters, like the aholster or Desantis Nemesis. It's what I prefer to carry 90% of the time.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

leica posted:

Walter PK380. :colbert:

Edit: check your rounds. I had a 1911 that would cycle perfectly with full metal jackets and every thing else it would jam worse than a smuckers factory. I ended up taking it into the gun shop in town and let them work it over, worked fine ever since.

BrokenKnucklez fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Oct 12, 2015

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

QuarkMartial posted:

38 snubbies disappear in pocket holsters, like the aholster or Desantis Nemesis. It's what I prefer to carry 90% of the time.

I'll look into that, although my pockets are usually full with other poo poo so I'll have to see if that works. I definitely think I'd prefer the .38 though just because i don't have to worry about jamming at all.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

leica posted:

It's a good thing you didn't post in TFR because you'd be mocked roundly for having a Kel-Tec. Those pieces of poo poo always jam. Carry the .38 instead.

Also don't get a loving 1911 for concealed carry what the christ, those things are awesome but they're loving massive and frankly the design is kind of outdated.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Rhyno posted:

I wish I could trust myself to own a gun but I have 1.) Rage issues and 2.) Depression so at some point I'd either kill myself or someone else so no guns for me.

Same way i feel about motorcycles.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Pham Nuwen posted:

It's a good thing you didn't post in TFR because you'd be mocked roundly for having a Kel-Tec. Those pieces of poo poo always jam. Carry the .38 instead.

Also don't get a loving 1911 for concealed carry what the christ, those things are awesome but they're loving massive and frankly the design is kind of outdated.

Haha the Kel Tec is actually my wife's but I thought it would work because it's small and has a clip on it that works perfect for inside the waist band.

Gonna go with the .38 then and check out the carry option with that. Maybe sell the kel tec if they're that bad lol.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

leica posted:

Haha the Kel Tec is actually my wife's but I thought it would work because it's small and has a clip on it that works perfect for inside the waist band.

Gonna go with the .38 then and check out the carry option with that. Maybe sell the kel tec if they're that bad lol.

They have a reputation for jamming and generally being poo poo, which is the last thing you want for personal defense. A .38 revolver is the gun equivalent of a Hilux; you can neglect and abuse it but it'll probably be OK. A compact Glock in 9mm is also highly recommended due to reliability.

If you want something a little bigger I think the CZ-75 compact is pretty popular.

I've never shot one but I've played with a Kel-Tec in a store and they just feel mighty cheesy compared to a "proper" gun.

Don't get a Hi-Point either.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Just remember, its possible the other idiot is carrying and has been waiting for just this kind of situation to live out his dirty harry fantasies. This is florida after all. :smith:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

My boss has a big boner for getting his concealed carry permit, and keeps talking about how he'll carry at work even though the company doesn't allow it.

I'm pretty sure I can't obtain a CHL myself. No arrests, but the substance abuse history + a 72 hour involuntary hold I managed to get once probably ensures I'll never get a CHL in Texas. Not that I want one, I'm not really a gun person.

Tusen Takk posted:

The rest of it is a matter of wearing him out, I already run him about 5 miles per day but I'm afraid as he gets bigger he's going to need more like 15 miles per day

in which case :rip: me

Look at it this way, you have a training partner for marathons! At least until he's grown up a bit.

I try to take our dog out running with me occasionally, and he pretty much shits himself. He's scared of anything and everything (except other dogs, then he's like "OMG ANOTHER DOG I WANNA PLAYYYYYYYYY CAN I GO PLAYYYYYY?!?!?!?!?!"), and he's managed to slip out of his collar more than a few times. Thank gently caress he just runs back to the house.

He's pretty :downsgun: in general.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Oct 12, 2015

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

some texas redneck posted:

Look at it this way, you have a training partner for marathons! At least until he's grown up a bit.

I try to take our dog out running with me occasionally, and he pretty much shits himself. He's scared of anything and everything (except other dogs, then he's like "OMG ANOTHER DOG I WANNA PLAYYYYYYYYY CAN I GO PLAYYYYYY?!?!?!?!?!"), and he's managed to slip out of his collar more than a few times. Thank gently caress he just runs back to the house.

He's pretty :downsgun: in general.

Our dog used to do that a lot, when she wasn't bolting under the fence.

If I ever get a dog of my own as an adult it's gonna have A) a concrete foundation under the backyard fence and B) a full-body harness for leashing (which I believe are more comfortable for them anyway as they distribute the load more.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
Harnesses are great, we walk both of the dogs with them.

The wife will take the husky jogging in the winter with it as well. He doesn't really need it now, he's a loving saint on a leash.

The only annoying part is he literally reverses INTO a bush to poo poo in it, so you can't clean it up.

• Locked thread