Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

driving a tesla in the snow sounds miserable. all that torque and no way to control it. wheelspin city. though i suppose the awd models might have some sort of torque control to prevent that, but even still.

anyway, if you can afford a tesla, you can afford a 20 year old subaru to drive during the winter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

also you can afford living inside copenhagen where any bus ride is 30 minutes max and any bike ride is 10. you can take a car if youre trash garbage and maybe make it in 50? idk i dont use

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
bikes own and it's a shame that they are still relegated to spandex wearing douches who think they are in the Tour de France.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

ZShakespeare posted:

bikes own and it's a shame that they are still relegated to spandex wearing douches who think they are in the Tour de France.

something like 50% of the copenhagen workforce bikes to work. none of them wear a biking outfit couse that would be weird as gently caress

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!

Snapchat A Titty posted:

something like 50% of the copenhagen workforce bikes to work. none of them wear a biking outfit couse that would be weird as gently caress

that place is number 1 on my list of places to emigrate to when Canada goes down the drain. I'm white and have a STEM degree so this checks out.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

ZShakespeare posted:

that place is number 1 on my list of places to emigrate to when Canada goes down the drain. I'm white and have a STEM degree so this checks out.

yea i was gonna say as a nation we are intensely racist, but a white canadian w a degree? youll pretty much have parliament stand in line to suck your cock

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

ZShakespeare posted:

i hope you like kebab and dodging desperate syrian refugees lol. oh wait, is this one of those countries that literally relegates them to ghettos?

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

DaNzA posted:

li-ion battery actually discharge better at slightly elevated temp, as opposed to driving tesla in the snow will easily kill your range

yes, but they get warm as they discharge and in hotter weather they can't dissipate that heat as well. tesla batteries are both actively cooled and actively heated. fun fact, if you park your tesla unplugged in freezing temperatures you will wake up with considerably less charge than when you left it. plugging it into a normal 110v plug will just give it enough energy to maintain current charge levels.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

marco has signed up 4938 patrons on overcast :v:

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
don't give marco money

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
marcoeconomics

Soldier of Fortran
May 2, 2009

Pinterest Mom posted:

marco has signed up 4938 patrons on overcast :v:

gently caress marco for using his tumblr winnings to further destroy people's perception of the value of apps

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

The Management posted:

don't give marco money

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
alternatively give him money and make him refund you

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

:D
Grimey Drawer

Snapchat A Titty posted:

why drive your tesla in the snow though?
they sell quite a few of them to nordic countries

The Management posted:

yes, but they get warm as they discharge and in hotter weather they can't dissipate that heat as well. tesla batteries are both actively cooled and actively heated. fun fact, if you park your tesla unplugged in freezing temperatures you will wake up with considerably less charge than when you left it. plugging it into a normal 110v plug will just give it enough energy to maintain current charge levels.
yeah li-ion self discharge quite quickly in higher temp when they are not being used, while they actually store better in colder temps as it has a lower self-discharge rate

but since the car is designed to be driven, you are probably right and they'll do whatever they can to keep the battery warm and ready to be used in colder climate or else it will drain really really quickly when they start driving it

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

sure

its just kinda dumb to drive your car into the snow

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Snapchat A Titty posted:

sure

its just kinda dumb to drive your car into the snow

srs just live somewhere warm

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

DaNzA posted:

they sell quite a few of them to nordic countries

every third car in oslo is a tesla, because the city allows electric vehicles to drive on the bus/tram tracks where other cars are prohibited and because theyre all oil rich

but apparently so many people do it now it doesnt even buy you much time anymore, and i think theyre gonna phase out the rule soon just like california did with hov lanes

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Cocoa Crispies posted:

srs just live somewhere warm

it gets close to 30 degrees in the summer. gently caress if ill stay somewhere warmer than that

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
its only just turned spring and got to 26 the other day

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

mishaq posted:

every third car in oslo is a tesla, because the city allows electric vehicles to drive on the bus/tram tracks where other cars are prohibited and because theyre all oil rich

but apparently so many people do it now it doesnt even buy you much time anymore, and i think theyre gonna phase out the rule soon just like california did with hov lanes

that's a terrible idea, why let cars block transit based at all, ever

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
the return on investment on the road infrastructure?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Snapchat A Titty posted:

we have an office in copenhagen and one of the guys i have a weekly phone call with recently got into a bicycle accident and broke his back in 2 places

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
brokeback mountain bike

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

new apple campus drone vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMFNmgfbJPk

lookin' round

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
when it's done Apple will announce the completion of their cyclotron where they they create new elements to make their new products out of

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

:cool:

should i wait for skylake 15" mbpr's or will it notm ake a difference

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

there's always something better around the corner

need 2 compute? go on and have a currently available mac

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

i think skylake is enough of a bump to wait, but if you need something now then get it

oh yeah i guess if you want the usb-c you should wait for skylake

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

computer parts posted:

i think skylake is enough of a bump to wait, but if you need something now then get it

oh yeah i guess if you want the usb-c you should wait for skylake

waiting for specs. rofl. FuckTard

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

looks like I'm going to wait for the MacBook 2 or w/e

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
waiting for MacBook Pro

as in the new to be released pro version of the Mac book. NOT the current macbookpro

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

I don't really give a gently caress about anything processor intense besides maybe lightroom. I was looking at the 13" air with 256gb SSD as something light enough that I can ride with all day on my bike. Is it worth getting the processor or ram bumps or will stock Suit My Needs

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

MY PARTNER lets me borrow her 2011 MBP and honestly it loving sucks carrying that on a bike all day and there's nothing important enough I do that I need a "workstation" for

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Lightroom
isn't processor intensive it's just poorly
made. I have bucket loads of ram ssd and processor and it's still
poo poo

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I mean, good program just poorly efficient

CamH
Apr 11, 2008

get a new macbook you idiot

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

I thought about it but the air has a built in SD card reader and that's one less thing I have to carry

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

also in what loving world do I want something that I can either charge OR use a peripheral with but not both simultaneously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CamH
Apr 11, 2008

plugging stuff in to a computer is so 00's

• Locked thread