Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do
I'm afraid Mssr Tomsula is still learning the basic rules of the league

You can't give Eli that much time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
At least I had a reason to watch to the end :unsmith:

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Adlai Stevenson posted:

I'm afraid Mssr Tomsula is still learning the basic rules of the league

You can't give Eli that much time

Eli Manning Bullshit rules everything around me

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Atticus Finch posted:

*walks up to lectern*

the seahawks are bitchmade WE WANT THE BILLS

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Spoeank posted:

At least I had a reason to watch to the end :unsmith:

This reminds me of that gif of a mascot clowning a little kid

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Cutler and Manning should make a sitcom together where they bungle around for 20 minutes and then solve an impossible case in the final two minutes.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I would like to thank Larry Donnell for remembering to hold onto the ball tonight.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Niners made a fatal mistake of not giving Eli enough of a comfortable lead going into the fourth to gently caress himself

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Hey, hey everybody

Eagles - Giants next week is for control of the division.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
I hate you, niners.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Kalli posted:

Hey, hey everybody

Hmmm. I wonder if that's a primetime game. I wonder.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

Zurreco posted:

Cutler and Manning should make a sitcom together where they bungle around for 20 minutes and then solve an impossible case in the final two minutes.

"TWO timeouts?? What do I look like, a charity case??"

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Kalli posted:

Hey, hey everybody

It will be nice to finally have the Eagles back on TV in Oregon

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Eli had what 450 yards and 3tds?

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

I will be relying on the Giants for my happiness throughout the rest of the season, because it'll be great when they win the Super Bowl over the Patriots as I've been saying.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

davecrazy posted:

Eli had what 450 yards and 3tds?

41/51 for 441, 3 TDs, 1 INT

StarcraftM
Jan 15, 2008

Full Fuckin' Circle.

Kalli posted:

Hey, hey everybody

I swear to god Chip Kelly

Slay him now

Slay him before his powers carry him to the postseason and 9-7 turns into 12-7 and suddenly they're in the superbowl

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

ayn rand hand job posted:

holy moly

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Dem some Josh McCown type numbers.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

StarcraftM posted:

I swear to god Chip Kelly

Slay him now

Slay him before his powers carry him to the postseason and 9-7 turns into 12-7 and suddenly they're in the superbowl

sorry guys. giants are winning the superbowl, accept it now, rest of the nfl

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
it's funny how i believed they would win the game for absolutely zero seconds of that comeback

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I missed the GDT, but anyone else think the Eli timeout thing was total bullshit? Glad the Giants didn't lose because they were down a timeout.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

swickles posted:

I missed the GDT, but anyone else think the Eli timeout thing was total bullshit? Glad the Giants didn't lose because they were down a timeout.

it was

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Can't spell Elite with "Eli"

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Grozz Nuy posted:

it's funny how i believed they would win the game for absolutely zero seconds of that comeback

they also did it with one legitimate receiver and a bunch of practice squad players

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
mario williams is a hard hitting sumbitch

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Poonerman posted:

they also did it with one legitimate receiver and a bunch of practice squad players

the funny thing is that this statement could apply to either team

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Grozz Nuy posted:

the funny thing is that this statement could apply to either team

I'll have you know that Reggie Bush is an 80 overall wr in madden

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

it's cool how the giants are actually a 3 man team and one of those men (beckham) was playing on one leg the final drive but just because of how the nature of double teaming a pass receiving running back is when you're trying to protect a touchdown lead in a 2 minute drill is, eli still managed to drive the entire field with only shane vereen and then larry donnell managed to make the catch of his career to win the game

so it is written in the every 4 year propechies

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Kaep looked okay tonight, which is a damning indictment of the Giants defense if I've ever heard one

It turns out that an 80% chance of giving up 5-6 yards a play every play is not a recipe for sustained success, however

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

swickles posted:

Yes, as was the DPI when Landon Collins went to catch the ball.

Giants, bitch. #1 in U.S.A. god bless

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

swickles posted:

I dunno, if you don't want a hand signal being confused for calling a timeout, don't use a hand signal that looks like you're calling a timeout?

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
If the Colts win 2 of their next 5 I will be ecstatic. If they only lose by 20 points next week, I will be pretty happy too. Let Luck get another week of rest while the Colts get slocked by the Pats then come out gang busters the week after.

Other random thoughts:

I still dont think the Falcons are for real, and Matty Ice had the most Dad uniform ever in his postgame.

I thought the Ravens would be Super Bowl contenders...what happened there?

The Bengals can win every single regular season game by 400 points, their season means nothing until the 1st playoff game.

Green Bay vs the Pats is still the Super Bowl.

Peyton Manning is done and it sucks.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

spacemang_spliff posted:

Yeah, it's hard to care about the Chiefs. Their ceiling is 4 wins. There's no way they draft a QB. Smith will be back next year, even if they do draft a QB. They'll be a mediocre team.

They're basically the Browns.
Not quite. The Browns will draft some hope and ruin it in a completely Brownsy fashion.

The Chiefs do not allow for hope and you will settle for early round fatties and a QB they dug out of the trashcan.

Clark Hunt will take an 8-8 year as it shows just enough promise for KC to buy them season tickets today. We love mediocrity.

I really don't care what their record is or will hope for good draft positioning. Nothing good comes from it, ever.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

Athanatos posted:

You're dumb is what happened

quote:

The Bengals can win every single regular season game by 400 points, their season means nothing until the 1st playoff game.
this is true, however

quote:

Peyton Manning is done and it sucks
that he's still winning games

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

old dog child posted:

Can't spell Elite with "Eli"

I almost left the stadium when he threw that pick that was overturned. Thankfully I didn't smash my radio so I heard that it might not have been a good catch and went back to my seat. One of the most exciting regular season wins I've ever attended. Thank god for Shane Vereen when we had no wide receivers to speak of.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

let's be fair, jack daniels got 4000 yards out of orton

Orton deserves another chance.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
While it sucks that Jamaal Charles tore his ACL, that makes next week's game with the Vikings hosting KC the early runner for blowout of the week because :lol: Alex Smith lost his offense.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Athanatos posted:

Said it earlier: when everyone's hurt, and your only deep completion/DPI receiving option (Torrey Smith) is no longer on the team, you tend to suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripen5
Nov 3, 2003

'Startocaster' is more fun to say than I expected.

Infidel Castro posted:

I dunno, if you don't want a hand signal being confused for calling a timeout, don't use a hand signal that looks like you're calling a timeout?

I feel like teams have been doing this for years as part of the no huddle. I have often asked myself how the refs know they aren't calling time out. Kinda surprised this is the first time it happened (that I have seen at least).

Not surprised it happened to the Giants. Kings of shooting themselves in the foot.

Also, I hope Collins learns another way to defend the pass besides "blow up the receiver." He looks like he could really good if he does.

• Locked thread