Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I'd never save you in a million years

Adhesive Gamin posted:

If you miss out, don't worry, raid gear will eventually make you strong enough to solo the mission when claiming for your bank guilds.

What kind of scrub has a bank guild that doesn't already have its bank?

VVVV: all of those gifs own

brainSnakes fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Oct 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
Reposting gifs I've previously made:

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
So the last time I played was when they were just barely starting to introduce living story stuff (it was something about steam vents acting up and attacks by the dredge and charr or some poo poo) and I stopped because my old computer was steadily turning into a piece of poo poo so the game kept crashing all the time.

I just remembered this game and reinstalled it because I got a new computer and oh god everything is different help I need an adult what even is any of this :supaburn:

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

President Ark posted:

I just remembered this game and reinstalled it because I got a new computer and oh god everything is different help I need an adult what even is any of this :supaburn:

Join a goon guild and get your questions answered.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Guilds dead. Game Dead

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

President Ark posted:

So the last time I played was when they were just barely starting to introduce living story stuff (it was something about steam vents acting up and attacks by the dredge and charr or some poo poo) and I stopped because my old computer was steadily turning into a piece of poo poo so the game kept crashing all the time.

The last two years have been a steady evolution along the 'signpost fixing' gameplay schema that began when you left and you'll likely never catch up to the playerbase who have spent the last 24 months fixing thousands of signs

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

cpaf posted:

The last two years have been a steady evolution along the 'signpost fixing' gameplay schema that began when you left and you'll likely never catch up to the playerbase who have spent the last 24 months fixing thousands of signs

There's no gear treadmill, but drat if that signpost treadmill isn't a bitch.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

cpaf posted:

If your Signscore is below 1700 you will never get a group for anything.

thehacker0
Mar 19, 2014

Just logged in again for the first time since launch (only played for a few hours in the starting zone back then) and the guys at SFD were incredibly helpful. Within 2 hours of making my character I was in a massive WvW zerg getting tons of kills and also got 20g in the mail from some cool goons. Some of the best video game fun I have had in a long time - thanks Starfleet guys

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Kessel posted:

:siren: ATTENTION GOON SQUAD :siren:

Guild Hall capture mission will take place 30 minutes after reset on Oct 30 (Fri) to allow the maximum number of goons from our various timezones to participate.

Once again, that's 0030 UTC. We reserve the right to change this time if guild halls are broken on launch (they will be)

Just to clarify, that's 30 Oct in American time and therefore in UTC it's 31 Oct?

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
I got into ~an duel~ but then got interrupted. The person I was fighting stepped aside so I could fight the interrupter. But then someone interrupted the interruption, and the interrupted interrupter stepped aside so I could then fight the newest interruption. Once that was dealt with, the original dueler stayed around to continue the fight.

A day of high honor I say chaps wut wut :monocle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-FKnOADNr8

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I've had to step away from GW2 for a while to play SWTOR, so I haven't been keeping up. I skimmed the thread, but how is my life as a guild member going to change after the expansion drops? I see there's some guild hall thing, is there other guild-centered content

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I've had to step away from GW2 for a while to play SWTOR, so I haven't been keeping up. I skimmed the thread, but how is my life as a guild member going to change after the expansion drops? I see there's some guild hall thing, is there other guild-centered content
Decorations (read: jumping puzzles shaped like dicks) in the halls, centralised portals to guild missions, WvW/sPvP missions, instanced guild missions, guild missions are global for the week so no more randomness, new guild weapons/armour.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3obkcl/guild_wars_2_inflation_research/

Interesting thread about the GW2 economy, a dev was posting in there and gives some insight on what anet likes to do.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual

Lyer posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3obkcl/guild_wars_2_inflation_research/

Interesting thread about the GW2 economy, a dev was posting in there and gives some insight on what anet likes to do.

Well I just bought two-hundred stacks of Thick Leather...

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Organza Quiz posted:

Just to clarify, that's 30 Oct in American time and therefore in UTC it's 31 Oct?

edit: disregard

Kessel fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Oct 12, 2015

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Lyer posted:

It certainly is:

IsaiahCartwright posted:

For example butter was rock bottom at the start but we rebalanced its in/outs so it's increase is not from inflation.
Keeping Arus' interests at heart.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Kessel posted:

No, it's just after the date changes to Oct 30 in UTC. We're trying to avoid Halloween entirely (even though goons have no lives)

Thanks, glad I checked then. I'm way too used to people being in the US and converting times without converting dates.

snograt
Jul 18, 2013

rattus rattus
senile old twattus
Oh god - Izzy has been reduced to balancing butter now?

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual

Dorkopotamis posted:

Well I just bought two-hundred stacks of Thick Leather...

Scratch that, 600 stacks. This is either going to make me rich or I'll lose 30 gold.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
That's what I did when Ascended Armor crafting was announced. Silk was 2c a piece, so I bought tons of stacks, ended up making a huge profit when it hit.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
Inflation in MMOs is weird because MMO money is basically a natural resource: The amount of it goes up when people spend effort extracting it, and then it goes up in smoke when they blow it on commander books or cultural armor or whatever.

I don't know how good those stats really are because it's ignoring that the endgame economy heavily shifted away from exotic equipment and towards crafting materials since launch for a variety of reasons. Gems are probably the only thing that matters for measuring inflation because the value of a dollar is far more stable than any item or even group of items in GW2.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Dorkopotamis posted:

Scratch that, 600 stacks. This is either going to make me rich or I'll lose 30 gold.

You might be in for a long wait, Anet has let leather be fairly worthless since before ascended crafting came out. I'd say the only sure bet is ectos if it ever dips again, the dev literally said that Anet likes them around 35s-40s in that thread.

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual

Lyer posted:

You might be in for a long wait, Anet has let leather be fairly worthless since before ascended crafting came out. I'd say the only sure bet is ectos if it ever dips again, the dev literally said that Anet likes them around 35s-40s in that thread.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3obkcl/guild_wars_2_inflation_research/cvwdoxq

My speculation is driven by the linked post. I predict that others might infer that this means they may do something with thick leather and there may come a moment where I can profit off the impending speculation that occurs, regardless of whether or not anything is changed.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
That Izzy post is all well and good but they seem to have the same issue as everywhere else, as in Anet changes poo poo and then seems to forgets about it.

It's nice they saved silk from being 2c, on the other hand it's not anymore, but ascended crafting still looks like "600 of material X, 600 of material Y, 4500 silk".

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Kessel posted:

No, it's just after the date changes to Oct 30 in UTC. We're trying to avoid Halloween entirely (even though goons have no lives)

:(

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Organza Quiz posted:

Thanks, glad I checked then. I'm way too used to people being in the US and converting times without converting dates.

ugh, no, actually you're right and I'm wrong, it's night of the 30th for US goons and morning of the 31st for non-US goons. gently caress timezones. this is why i keep telling goon squad to swap to the timezone of glorious nippon

just to clarify:
:siren::siren::siren:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converted.html?iso=20151031T0030&p1=0&p2=179&p3=137&p4=248

PDT: Oct 30, 1730 hrs
CDT: Oct 30, 1930 hrs
EDT: Oct 30, 2030 hrs
UTC: Oct 31, 0030 hrs
JST: Oct 31, 0930 hrs
AEDT: Oct 31, 1130 hrs

Our guild MOTD has been updated with the times and I'm sorry for the confusion.

Kessel fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Oct 12, 2015

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

orcane posted:

It's nice they saved silk from being 2c, on the other hand it's not anymore, but ascended crafting still looks like "600 of material X, 600 of material Y, 4500 silk".

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Kessel posted:

ugh, no, actually you're right and I'm wrong, it's night of the 30th for US goons and morning of the 31st for non-US goons. gently caress timezones. this is why i keep telling goon squad to swap to the timezone of glorious nippon

just to clarify:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converted.html?iso=20151031T0030&p1=0&p2=179&p3=137&p4=248

PDT: Oct 30, 1730 hrs
CDT: Oct 30, 1930 hrs
EDT: Oct 30, 2030 hrs
UTC: Oct 31, 0030 hrs
JST: Oct 31, 0930 hrs
AEDT: Oct 31, 1130 hrs

Our guild MOTD has been updated with the times and I'm sorry for the confusion.

Yay!

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

they still dont say exactly what time it turns on

midnight? 9am on the workday? 11:59pm honolulu utc -10?

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Dreggon posted:

they still dont say exactly what time it turns on

midnight? 9am on the workday? 11:59pm honolulu utc -10?

i fully expect guild halls to have so many bugs on launch that Anet switches them off for a month

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

guild hall of monuments

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

Lyer posted:

You might be in for a long wait, Anet has let leather be fairly worthless since before ascended crafting came out.
OTOH it's pretty low risk since it's barely above vendor value right now.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

OneEightHundred posted:

OTOH it's pretty low risk since it's barely above vendor value right now.

Yeah at worst you lose like 10%. The problem is finding somewhere to stick 300 stacks of something.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

If you don't have a dummy guild for the extra bank, I dunno what to tell you.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
I think I only have 1 of the bank slots in my bank guild. Maybe I'll whale out and grab the other 2 slots. Or 1 if that is too much to get done.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
It's too late to get a personal guild bank isn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Yo, shut up, new legendary weapon poo poo here!

• Locked thread