Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

Right now I'm kinda wishing there had been a post credits scene. Nothing definitive just Kiera gearing up to do something insane.

A shot of her standing infront of Sadtech and holding the time travel sphere in one hand and some memento of her son in the other as if she was going to try and go back for a do-over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

A shot of her standing infront of Sadtech and holding the time travel sphere in one hand and some memento of her son in the other as if she was going to try and go back for a do-over.

Or grabbing her not-son and taking him back with her.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

I'd like to thank Kellog for confirming that putting Kellog inside Kellog is in fact a paradox.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
So there's one of the Kellog's soldiers who is still alive in the past? Presumably in jail probably.

This show was so awesome and I want more. :(

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Did you just discover the show recently? Most of us suffered through 6 months of hell waiting to find out if we'd ever get anything more than TIME MARINES OUT OF loving NOWHERE. I'm just thanking whatever TV god is up there that we got what we did, warts and all.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Continuum: A 42 Hour Long Twilight Zone Episode

Now we need a spinoff show. Garza x Curtis: Time Keepers.

Tokubetsu fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Oct 10, 2015

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
On the one hand, I want more seasons. On the other hand, I'm glad we only had good seasons.

What a show!

Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Looking for WMDs, PM if you have A+ grade stuff
Fun Shoe
I totally didn't see Kellogg Daughter happening, but I did see him trying to screw Kiera (and loved how they screwed him back).

Kiera's ending though - it was the best possible world. And she can't go back in time to be with alex and friends because they don't remember her doing that.

I agree with the other posters - shame we didn't see more of TimeTravelJesus but what we had wasn't bad.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
This was such an amazing show, and I am truly sad we didn't get more of it.

But that finale was great. Kiera's honest speech to Dillon was perhaps my favorite part.

Kellogg is totally going to rule his own North American Empire and loving hot natives for the rest of his life pretty much in a decade or two so good job Alec?

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

DarkCrawler posted:

This was such an amazing show, and I am truly sad we didn't get more of it.

But that finale was great. Kiera's honest speech to Dillon was perhaps my favorite part.

Kellogg is totally going to rule his own North American Empire and loving hot natives for the rest of his life pretty much in a decade or two so good job Alec?

Population geneticists hate him!

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

I thought they'd send Kellogg back even further to be amongst dinosaurs.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

gret posted:

I thought they'd send Kellogg back even further to be amongst dinosaurs.

Do you really want Kellog ruling over raptors? :v:

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
Brutal but perfect. She could have stayed, she could have lived a happy life, but her addiction to that reality that couldn't ever exist again loving her personal happiness was so drat sweet. Her reunion with Alec was great and then you get that bomb dropped.

drat I loved it. Been with the show since the beginning and I'm glad for the way it ended.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Xarn posted:

Do you really want Kellog ruling over raptors? :v:

I want to see Kellogg riding a dinosaur.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

You almost had me show, I was about to say gently caress off and I got the cathartic ending I wanted. Keira got what she deserved and that's all that matters to me.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Mortanis posted:

Brutal but perfect. She could have stayed, she could have lived a happy life, but her addiction to that reality that couldn't ever exist again loving her personal happiness was so drat sweet. Her reunion with Alec was great and then you get that bomb dropped.

drat I loved it. Been with the show since the beginning and I'm glad for the way it ended.

This ending is great, just the sorta wtf I want from my media.

Of course on the flipside if the show got more seasons Kiera might have had the best of all worlds with more time for her character to naturally develop.

This has almost been like a choose-your-own-adventure game like Resonance or Gemini Rue. Where you have different endings based on your choices, you can easily see how different endings could be possible based on different choices; Kiera could have stayed (and possibly saved Dillon?). Kellog could've had a change of heart if Kiera was slightly nicer, I think an argument can be made what Kellog really wanted at one point was to belong but Liber8 burned that bridge.

I want a Continuum adventure game now. :smith:

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Raenir Salazar posted:

This ending is great, just the sorta wtf I want from my media.

Of course on the flipside if the show got more seasons Kiera might have had the best of all worlds with more time for her character to naturally develop.

This has almost been like a choose-your-own-adventure game like Resonance or Gemini Rue. Where you have different endings based on your choices, you can easily see how different endings could be possible based on different choices; Kiera could have stayed (and possibly saved Dillon?). Kellog could've had a change of heart if Kiera was slightly nicer, I think an argument can be made what Kellog really wanted at one point was to belong but Liber8 burned that bridge.

I want a Continuum adventure game now. :smith:

Basically we need a Continuum game done in the style of Mass Effect 2 but with the wildly different outcomes of Alpha Protocol.

Great finale. Really sad to see this show go but I'm glad it was given a real ending.

What other current sci-fi shows are good? 12 Monkeys is out of season and I don't know any others.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

gret posted:

I want to see Kellogg riding a dinosaur.

Really? With the same effects as the power armor got? Yeah me too :v:

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
There was some really wonky CGI shots this episode but despite that, it managed to be a pretty good episode and a satisfying finale.

Kudos to the show for being a decent genre programme that did not experience any decline in quality, managed to go out on its own terms, and pulled of its ending.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

Spacebump posted:

Basically we need a Continuum game done in the style of Mass Effect 2 but with the wildly different outcomes of Alpha Protocol.

:stare:

Yes.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Spacebump posted:

Great finale. Really sad to see this show go but I'm glad it was given a real ending.

Shaboof!

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Really good ending. Didn't expect it to go the way it did, but it's fitting.

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed
"That little poo poo." I laughed out loud when they cut to Kellogg in the forest. I also laughed (but not as much) when Vasquez told him who she was before she died.

I also thought Garza would be the one in that power armor, and when dude yelled for Weaver, she'd take him out and then go after the rest of the time marines, and the Piron guys, and Curtis.

Cigarette Smoking Man being so happy was just weird. Dude looks creepy when his smile is that big.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Only just got to watch The Final Hour. I had to move across the country this weekend (BACK TO THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST, which is basically my equivalent of 2077 :happysun:)

A fitting end to one of the best SF shows in history. I especially loved that Kiera still had to sacrifice being with Sam even though she did get to see that he was living in a wonderful new world - with alternate-her. I'd wondered how she could ever reunite with him, since there would always be another Kiera if Liber8 never existed. If she succeeded in creating a better world and returned to the future, this was the only way it could end, and it made it a powerful punch in the gut. Beautiful, beautiful show.

Now I want to know what Simon Barry is doing next.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

beats for junkies posted:

Cigarette Smoking Man being so happy was just weird. Dude looks creepy when his smile is that big.

I can TOTALLY see him being Alec though, they had wonderful casting there. Both the Sadtec Old Alec and Happy Alec both managed to perfectly capture the older regretful corporate overlord Alec and redeemed happy young alec's mannerisms perfectly.

quote:

if Liber8 never existed.

Happy Kagame was even weirder. Such a contented and happy zen buddhist.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Raenir Salazar posted:

Happy Kagame was even weirder. Such a contented and happy zen buddhist.

This wasn't nearly as odd as he was happy plenty of times on Stargate.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Rhyno posted:

This wasn't nearly as odd as he was happy plenty of times on Stargate.

Oh my god I forgot he was Bra'tac. He's so awesome as Kagame that I think it overwrote which role I type cast him as, now I'll see him as Kagame for now on.

Streebs
Dec 6, 2003

RIP
Just watched the final episode. Great show, the ending (and season 4 in general) felt rushed but still satisfying. I think if the show had lived for longer we would have found out more about the traveler. It implies that the original future is very similar to the one we saw at the very end, because the traveler presumably orchestrated events to get back to that point. The moment between young and old Alec was very cool, and was the only time we saw the traveler take a direct hand in events but it really was the key event that caused all the time travel craziness to occur. My one question is, what happened that screwed things up in the first place? They said the traveler was meant to go back in time and observe, but that he changed something by accident that hosed things up. I wish we could have learned more about that but I suppose it doesn't really matter too much. I thought it was very fitting how Kellog ended up. If he had just helped Carlos and company stop the invasion, then future him wouldn't have come back to harvest his organs and he would have been free to do whatever he wanted. But his selfish nature finally got the best of him.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
There's a timeball waiting to be found somewhere in a Native American archaeological site now. :v:

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
The only thing I missed in how they wrapped it up was how the death of all those VPD officers was blamed on Piron and this was instrumental in blocking corporate militarization.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

CeeJee posted:

The only thing I missed in how they wrapped it up was how the death of all those VPD officers was blamed on Piron and this was instrumental in blocking corporate militarization.

If this was implied on screen I missed it too, but it definitely makes sense. Particularly if Alec works to see things work out differently.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Saddest thing about the ending not keira getting hosed over is you know Carlos died old suiing for peace & prosperity but still having crazy drunk conversations with himself.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Streebs posted:

I thought it was very fitting how Kellog ended up. If he had just helped Carlos and company stop the invasion, then future him wouldn't have come back to harvest his organs and he would have been free to do whatever he wanted. But his selfish nature finally got the best of him.

He could still have gone down for Escher's murder and all the poo poo Piron was up to. Going back was the only way to save his skin

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

He could still have gone down for Escher's murder and all the poo poo Piron was up to. Going back was the only way to save his skin

You'd think, but he's wealthy, has lawyers, and the whole time travel nonsense makes it difficult to pin much on him without opening many cans of various amounts of worms. If he had helped them and gone quietly it's certainly possible he could've gotten a more dignified ending, maybe negotiate for house arrest or something.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
One of my favorite things throughout the series is that Kellog always wanted to/suspected someone else was going to go back to the spot where they all arrived and ice them all en masse to prevent Liber8 in the present and Kiera. It's such a slimy time traveler's move that it owns.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Only thing I didn't like in the finale is there should have been more Garza. She snapped a neck or two and had a brief conversation about ~destiny~ but that's about it. Oh well, can't have everything I guess.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
I'm pretty sure that Kellogg vanishing doesn't mean Piron automatically reverts to the guy he usurped. Kellogg would have taken steps to forever bar Alec from gaining power again, so I wonder how he did.

Or, if he did. Always possible he forged the new future without Piron, or Piron's absence was one of the reasons the changes came to pass.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I'm kind of shocked they didn't show Julian in the future.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Spacebump posted:

I'm kind of shocked they didn't show Julian in the future.

I can not recall exactly why I think this, but I thought maybe it was implied he had died by this point? Would have been neat though if they did the makeup well enough again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

DarkCrawler posted:

This show is probably the first one that tries - and succeeds - in making you sympathize with unapologetic terrorists.

Honestly the show hasn't been that good at making you sympathize with Keira.

e: Although maybe I should actually watch the last mini-season before I say that, apparently it was really good. gently caress, I hate not having TV or reliable internet.

WarLocke fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Oct 12, 2015

• Locked thread