Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tagra
Apr 7, 2006

If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

MrTargetPractice posted:

I've had a hankering for a going trading game with some RPG elements (or at least some sort of progression) along the lines of X3. It doesn't have to be a space game though.

Game's I've tried and liked:
X3
EVE
Freelancer
Dwarf Fortress (sort of suits what I'm looking for)

Games that were close but didn't really do it for me:
Cosmonautica
Some of the Anno games
The Guild series
(gave one of the games a chance but didn't get into it. If you guys think it's worth it I'll try again if you have a suggestion of which one to try)[b]

Patrician might be worth a shot... but it's heavier on the trade than on the RPG and if you didn't like ANNO you might not find what you're looking for there, either.
I haven't played it yet but Evochron Mercenary seems to be trying to fit into that genre too.

I think the first Guild is a bit better than the second, but it's older... they also spend more time on politics than on pure trade, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

e: wrong thread

CatAteSeven
May 28, 2013
I'm interested in a game that lets me experience space-fleet style combat, with big ol ships broadsiding each other. It can also have smaller ships and the like, but I'm looking for something that definitely has that "big fleet combat" feel. Single player or multiplayer is fine, as well as the game featuring other elements, such as trade or rpg style things.

I've played X3, which while having some of what I want, both doesn't whet that appetite and also doesn't quite have the feel I'm looking for.

I'd also be down with playing a space fleet game, where the ships are in the water. On that note, is World of Warships any good or is it a horrible grind requiring many many mods like WoT?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CatAteSeven posted:

I'm interested in a game that lets me experience space-fleet style combat, with big ol ships broadsiding each other. It can also have smaller ships and the like, but I'm looking for something that definitely has that "big fleet combat" feel. Single player or multiplayer is fine, as well as the game featuring other elements, such as trade or rpg style things.

I've played X3, which while having some of what I want, both doesn't whet that appetite and also doesn't quite have the feel I'm looking for.

I'd also be down with playing a space fleet game, where the ships are in the water. On that note, is World of Warships any good or is it a horrible grind requiring many many mods like WoT?

there are several team arena style starship combat games that are in the works. i think one is called dreadnought. someone will chime in with other options

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

Have you tried Nexus: The Jupiter Incident? It's kind of old, but it's basically a series of big ship combat missions.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

CatAteSeven posted:

Homeworld

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

CatAteSeven posted:

Look into Fractured Space, it's 5v5 multiplayer and the ships feel like fat submarines in space.

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009
I can't find the 'things I should know' game thread, so I figured I'd ask here.

Final Fantasy type 0 looks..interesting, but I'm hesitant. It appears to be trying to blend the combat of a Souls or Platinum game with the story and stats of an FF game. Does that actually wind up working out with a fairly granular feeling of difficulty? What I mean is can you go from getting beaten, to maybe scraping by if you're good at the combat system, to maybe scraping by because you have good stats/eq but suck at the combat system, to wiping the floor with things because now you're good at both? Or is it more black and white in that it doesn't matter how good you are, if you missed this weapon upgrade you're boned.

Things I'm already aware of:
-It is a PC port of a handheld game. Graphics and cut scenes are not next gen.
-A controller is recommended (covered)
-The story is anime as balls.
-Combat involves switching between characters, so knowing how to put together a team will be helpful.

It all looks okay, but I'm just not sure how it actually feels to play.

CatAteSeven
May 28, 2013

Shab posted:

Look into Fractured Space, it's 5v5 multiplayer and the ships feel like fat submarines in space.

is that in a good way, or in a bad way?

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

CatAteSeven posted:

is that in a good way, or in a bad way?

Um, it just is. I'm just saying that these aren't zippy space cars, they are hulking behemoths. They feel big and powerful. If that floats your space boat.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

CatAteSeven posted:

Seconding Nexus: The Jupiter Incident. Not sure how big you want your fleets, you usually control a handful of capital ships, up to something like 12 I think by the end of the game. It's a bit old, but pretty much the only capital spaceship tactical combat game out there. It's also very good.

Haven't tried it yet, but Leviathan Warships looks pretty good. It's top down tactical naval combat with ship customization. Turn based, I think?

Obligarory Warship Gunner 2 mention. Fill every inch of your hull with guns and let loose on waves of enemies. It's more arcadey, and you only cotrol your own ship, but the feeling of blasting fools with huge cannons is amazing. It also has lasers and railguns, but mostly on newgame+. You'll probably need a PS2 emulator for it.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

grate deceiver posted:

Obligarory Warship Gunner 2 mention. Fill every inch of your hull with guns and let loose on waves of enemies. It's more arcadey, and you only cotrol your own ship, but the feeling of blasting fools with huge cannons is amazing. It also has lasers and railguns, but mostly on newgame+. You'll probably need a PS2 emulator for it.

A PSP emulator and some willingness to bash your head on a language barrier, more like. PCSX2 (the only serious ps2 emulator that I know of) has some pretty annoying issues with it that don't appear to be getting fixed any time soon. It is the best drat game on both systems, though.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Oct 12, 2015

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

dis astranagant posted:

A PSP emulator and some willingness to bash your head on a language barrier, more like. PCSX2 (the only serious ps2 emulator that I know of) has some pretty annoying issues with it that don't appear to be getting fixed any time soon. It is the best drat game on both systems, though.

I think you mentioned this as well when I plugged Warship Gunner last time :v: I played it last time on an oldish laptop, so there was pretty noticeable audio lag, but I didn't notice much else. Maybe it works better on an older version of PCSX2?

Anyway, get it, gud gaem

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

grate deceiver posted:

I think you mentioned this as well when I plugged Warship Gunner last time :v:

I played it last time on an oldish laptop, so there was pretty noticeable audio lag, but I didn't notice much else. Maybe it works better on an older version of PCSX2?

Yes and no. Framerates are a tad better on newer builds but there's been a timing bug for the last 2 or 3 years that causes a bunch of random polygons to not render. Mostly background stuff but sometimes you get half an invisible boat and other weirdness. There's also a few missions that REALLY need working frameskip to get playable framerates out of either version. There's also a weird issue with the horizon fog in gsdx hardware modes that makes locked shooting through the scope a pain. If your box has some serious grunt you can get around that in software mode but any mission with a time of day transition will grind to a crawl. Meanwhile PPSSPP runs it perfectly out of the box and has usable frameskip for the missions that need it.

But this is coming from someone who's wasted tons of time over the last 5 years trying to get a decent recording setup going without springing for a capture card.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Oct 12, 2015

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
General recommendation: Keep talking and nobody explodes

Ideal couch-co-op, also playable via voicechat program of choice. One person (playing the game) has a bomb in front of them, everyone else are "experts" with a defusing manual in front of them (PDF or printed). Bomb guy can't see the manual, experts can't see the bomb.

Frantically count wires! Describe crazy symbols! Argue about what a parallel port looks like! Try to decide which of your friends is least wrong about how the Complex Wires diagram works!

It's great times :haw: Best of all, only one person in your group has to buy it.

E:
"It's a... uh... H with a triangle, with, uhm... Oh! It's a kitty!"
":argh: What?? There's no kitty symbo-- oooh, I see it. Okay, hit 6, Kitty, Melting R, TV Snake."

Evilreaver fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Oct 13, 2015

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

I would really like to play another hunting/tracking game, although I should specify that by "hunting" I don't mean Cabela's Animal Murderfest, I'm referring more to games where the core mechanic is learning the habits of your prey, slowly honing down where they could be, and either setting traps or flat-out jumping their rear end.

Similar games I enjoyed:

Evolve
Witcher: Wild Hunt
Monster Hunter

Qubee
May 31, 2013

MrTargetPractice posted:

I've had a hankering for a going trading game with some RPG elements (or at least some sort of progression) along the lines of X3. It doesn't have to be a space game though.

Game's I've tried and liked:
X3
EVE
Freelancer
Dwarf Fortress (sort of suits what I'm looking for)

Games that were close but didn't really do it for me:
Cosmonautica
Some of the Anno games
The Guild series
(gave one of the games a chance but didn't get into it. If you guys think it's worth it I'll try again if you have a suggestion of which one to try)[b]

I really recommend you trying out The Guild games again. Yes, they're buggy pieces of crap at times, but drat it if I didn't enjoy every second I played that game. The Guild 2: Renaissance is my personal favourite out of the lot.

You can be an honest-to-god trader and set up your own Smithy, Mine, Bakery, Farm (all sorts of businesses really), or you can become a nefarious businessman who exhorts - and then eventually extorts - innocent citizens to do your bidding, such as handing over protection money, or just robbing them plain blind.

You can work your way up the political ladder and start making yourself immune to all the nasty illegal stuff you get up to, or just use your power in office to help boost your business efficiency. It's a really fun game, and starting a family and putting your kids through schools, and slowly seeing you rise from the dirt into a powerful dynasty is an awesome feeling.

If you look past the copious (and sometimes annoying) bugs, you'll really see the game for the gem it is. I can't wait for The Guild 3, and I hope they don't gently caress it up.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Omi no Kami posted:

I would really like to play another hunting/tracking game, although I should specify that by "hunting" I don't mean Cabela's Animal Murderfest, I'm referring more to games where the core mechanic is learning the habits of your prey, slowly honing down where they could be, and either setting traps or flat-out jumping their rear end.

Similar games I enjoyed:

Evolve
Monster Hunter

Have you ever played Shadow of the Colossus? (everyone should play Shadow of the Colossus).

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

exquisite tea posted:

Have you ever played Shadow of the Colossus? (everyone should play Shadow of the Colossus).

I love, love, love that game, holy cow. It just goes to show how much the industry has shifted, too-apparently there were 8 fully programmed, completely functional colossi who got cut from the final version, because they weren't as tuned/fun to fight as the main guys. I'm convinced that the exact same circumstance today would result in colossus DLC.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Omi no Kami posted:

Similar games I enjoyed:

Evolve
Monster Hunter

Okay I'm gonna throw an obscure one out here, its going to either be exactly what you want or absolutely nothing like what you want. But hey whatever.

Check out The Hunter. Yes, that is the most generic name ever. Its a really simple, by-the-book hunting simulator. You are a guy with a gun and you shoot deer and elk and pheasants and bears and boars and turkeys and stuff. Bows, rifles, shotguns, you name it.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/253710/

You said you didn't want to play Cabela's which is more of a literal hunting game, but Cabela's is also a drat shooting gallery. Its completely unrealistic. The Hunter on the other hand is much much more realistic. Its a true sniper game.

Why is it worth playing? Its probably the single greatest sniper game I've ever played in my entire life. Even Sniper Elite is pretty lovely by comparison. You have a GIGANTIC open-world map to walk around, so there's no forced linear levels where you're supposed to shoot certain guards in a certain order or something. You just wander these big open fields and rivers, looking for prey to hunt. Realistically. The graphics are actually REALLY good, its a proper simulator. The grass and trees and everything look great. You use a little tracker ipad thing and you have to actually stalk your prey like a proper hunter/sniper. You come across deer tracks which tell you which direction the deer was in, but not how long ago it was here. Then you find some deer poo poo and that tells you the deer was here not too long ago, then you find some more tracks and before you know it you home in on where the deer is located. If you just run around at top speed looking for deer, they'll hear you and run off before you even see them. You have to be patient and smart, you have to track them using their tracks, not by sight. By the time you can see them, you need to slow down to a crawl. Then you line up that one perfect shot....

The tension is incredible. Knowing that a single missed shot is going to spook all the deer and send them running makes you want to wait for the perfect shot, you keep your sight lined up on the deer but you're like, hm, let him come closer, oh poo poo now there's a tree in the way, okay closer... closer... BANG

And then when you make a shot it feels so good. The game tells you exactly where your bullet hit, and if its not a kill shot you have to track the deer by the blood trail it leaves to find it and finish it off. (lest you be a bad hunter) The shooting is also superb, there's realistic bullet drop and the guns all feel and sound amazing.

What is wrong with it?

Well, while its free to try out (and do try it out for free!), you can only hunt one type of lovely deer for free, and only in one area. The game styles itself as a faux-MMO. As a result, you're looking at monthly fees in order to get a hunting licence to let you hunt any animal and use any gun on any map. One thing that's cool is that you ARE allowed to purchase everything a la carte, so if you want to ONLY hunt like, elk in the Germany based map, you can pay a few bucks and get a licence for just that for just a month or something. You don't have to pay recurring fees and you can pick and choose what you want, but it really sucks when you're like "oh look, there's a turkey, I'm gonna blast him with my shotgun..." and then when you shoot him it goes "NO LICENCE FOR THIS PREY" and you're like oh gently caress you.

Also... it takes serious patience. If you get frustrated and start charging around trying to kill things fast, you're just going to spook everything. You really have to track animals and go slow to have any chance of sneaking up on them. (Well, Turkeys and wild hogs are pretty stupid)

I've had some hunts that took me like 30 minutes or an hour just to kill a single animal, but holy poo poo the payoff is real. The tension really builds the whole time you're hunting, and then when you line up your shot you really really don't want to miss. Scoring that perfect kill feels super rewarding. Course missing a shot or tagging a deer and then having to hunt his rear end across the fields for awhile can turn into an adventure on itself.

Definitely try it out for free even if it doesn't sound like something you'd appreciate. I'm not the typical redneck hunter type at all, but for whatever reason I had a ton of fun with The Hunter just because it really delivers on that sniping and slow hunting experience unlike any game where you shoot at men. The game is also constantly updating, they added co-op hunting awhile back and lots of new areas are constantly popping up. It does get kinda samey after awhile but still, the hunting experience is top-notch.

There's also a new spinoff, The Hunter: Primal which is gonna let us hunt dinosaurs, which sounds amazing but its still in early access and so far it feels half-assed.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Oct 13, 2015

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

This sounds incredible, I'm going to try the free aspect this afternoon... thank you for the idea! This is the first I ever heard about it, and a good hunting game (instead of "Hang off the side of the jeep and use your desert eagle to headshot some rhinos") is exactly what I was looking for. :)

dedian
Sep 2, 2011
The Hunter is great, and while you do need to spend some money to open things up, it's not too bad, less than your typical MMO. You can certainly try winning competitions for in game money, but all the players with memberships and high tracking/weapon skills also compete so that's a gamble. If you buy a gun or a bow (bows are a ton of fun!) or other equipment, it stays with your account, and with a membership you get free ammo, as well, and it unlocks all areas - at least it did the last time I played. They do have a system where you can earn in game cash by looking at ads or videos or taking surveys if you're feeling thrifty.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

dedian posted:

The Hunter is great, and while you do need to spend some money to open things up, it's not too bad, less than your typical MMO. You can certainly try winning competitions for in game money, but all the players with memberships and high tracking/weapon skills also compete so that's a gamble. If you buy a gun or a bow (bows are a ton of fun!) or other equipment, it stays with your account, and with a membership you get free ammo, as well, and it unlocks all areas - at least it did the last time I played. They do have a system where you can earn in game cash by looking at ads or videos or taking surveys if you're feeling thrifty.

Yeah, I bought some starter bundle and that got me all the guns I needed, and I have them for life. I still have to pay for hunting licences when I want to play which is a little frustrating, but when you work out the time vs. cost math, its not much worse than spending time in an arcade or whatever. And if you buy a hunting licence you usually get free ammo, so its pretty affordable. And when you add up all the money I've spent, its still less than I would have spent if it was a $60 boxed game. No up-front cost is pretty cool.

Still, I generally hate maintenance fees for games rather than being able to buy it and own it.

But yeah, The Hunter is pretty unique and pretty well done for what it is.

magpie
Apr 28, 2006
I'm looking for an action or RPG game where I can beat people up on the regular. Where the world has as few guns/swords/weapons as possible, ideally just fists and kicks and throws. Punching a Radscorpion in the eye in Fallout isn't what I'm looking for.

I still play Streets of Rage II to get a quick fix but a game like Bully would be the best. I tried playing Sleeping Dogs ages ago but always just went to that street fighting competition rather than doing the story; can you complete the story just hand to hand combat, I can't even remember if it had guns in it or not?

Also is there anything like Banished that isn't so bleak? Like a pretty deep Town Builder/Resource Management game; maybe something like Tropico 3-4 but with more resource management or something like the Settlers II but with more freedom to build and less crappy combat or even better, no combat at all.

CatAteSeven
May 28, 2013

magpie posted:

I'm looking for an action or RPG game where I can beat people up on the regular. Where the world has as few guns/swords/weapons as possible, ideally just fists and kicks and throws. Punching a Radscorpion in the eye in Fallout isn't what I'm looking for.

I still play Streets of Rage II to get a quick fix but a game like Bully would be the best. I tried playing Sleeping Dogs ages ago but always just went to that street fighting competition rather than doing the story; can you complete the story just hand to hand combat, I can't even remember if it had guns in it or not?

Also is there anything like Banished that isn't so bleak? Like a pretty deep Town Builder/Resource Management game; maybe something like Tropico 3-4 but with more resource management or something like the Settlers II but with more freedom to build and less crappy combat or even better, no combat at all.

For the fighting side of things, you could always try the recent Batman games if you haven't already. Plenty of beat-em-up action to be had, and it feels pretty satisfying.

In sleeping dogs you did end up using guns, a lot of guns.

Don't have anything for your second request, sorry, but im sure someone does

magpie
Apr 28, 2006

CatAteSeven posted:

For the fighting side of things, you could always try the recent Batman games if you haven't already. Plenty of beat-em-up action to be had, and it feels pretty satisfying.

In sleeping dogs you did end up using guns, a lot of guns.

Don't have anything for your second request, sorry, but im sure someone does

Hey thanks!

Do you think it's worth starting the Batman games from the first one gameplay wise or is there one game in the series which is standout gameplay? I wouldn't mind if I miss story by starting with a later game in the series if the gameplay isn't great early on.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Get Sleeping Dogs.

CatAteSeven
May 28, 2013

magpie posted:

Hey thanks!

Do you think it's worth starting the Batman games from the first one gameplay wise or is there one game in the series which is standout gameplay? I wouldn't mind if I miss story by starting with a later game in the series if the gameplay isn't great early on.

Standout gameplay and story-wise, Arkham City is the best. The fighting is good, the other mechanics (gliding, zipping around with your bat-claw), and all that feels good. The story is just about the right length so that you don't get really tired of the gameplay or anything.

You don't miss much story-wise, either; Arkham City is probably the most "self contained" in the series.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Play God Hand.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

magpie posted:

Hey thanks!

Honestly, each game is great with a slightly different feel. Obviously the later games have slightly better graphics and more features, but the first game was very good and still holds up. If I had to partition them up, I'd say that Asylum has more of a 'zelda / castlevania' type of feel where the environments are more enclosed and everything is a little more up close and personal, with gadget unlocks and story giving you access to previously unavailable areas and secrets (often by going back to previously explored areas). City and Knight have this too, but they are more 'open world' type of games where you zip and glide (and drive the batmobile, in Knight) around Gotham while collecting things, beating up random thugs, doing side quests, or going to story missions. They both still have that 'get new gadgets to unlock new stuff' but take place in much larger environments.

If I was forced to pick only one for someone to start with and get the whole 'flavor' of the series it would probably by Arkham City, but I finished Knight a few weeks ago and it was one of my favorite games so far this year. It's just that Knight is very much a sequel to City in that a lot of the mechanics that you learned in City are used, but not focused on as much (like, you already had those and knew how to use them... so here is some new stuff).

I love the feel of fighting in each of the games, and even though at first it seems stupidly easy (attack and hit 'counter' when somebody starts blinking) each game does a wonderful job of constantly throwing new and interesting enemy types at you that force you to change your strategy.

One thing to keep in mind though, is that even though the fighting is good the real meat of the game is stealth based. A lot of levels revolve around a large number of armed guards patrolling around and Batman silently taking them out one by one (by using gadgets, stealth takedowns, etc).

CatAteSeven
May 28, 2013

Angry Lobster posted:

Play God Hand.

magpie
Apr 28, 2006

CatAteSeven posted:

Standout gameplay and story-wise, Arkham City is the best. The fighting is good, the other mechanics (gliding, zipping around with your bat-claw), and all that feels good. The story is just about the right length so that you don't get really tired of the gameplay or anything.

You don't miss much story-wise, either; Arkham City is probably the most "self contained" in the series.

drat Dirty Ape posted:

If I was forced to pick only one for someone to start with and get the whole 'flavor' of the series it would probably by Arkham City, but I finished Knight a few weeks ago and it was one of my favorite games so far this year. It's just that Knight is very much a sequel to City in that a lot of the mechanics that you learned in City are used, but not focused on as much (like, you already had those and knew how to use them... so here is some new stuff).

Thanks guys, I'm going to get Arkham City and take it from there.

Angry Lobster posted:

Play God Hand.

This looks amazing. I don't have a PS4 yet; is it available to download through the playstation store or something?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Anyone know of a good touchscreen friendly strategy/rpg? I have a surface pro 3 and want something to play on it that won't be too demanding but has depth.

Tagra
Apr 7, 2006

If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Zaphod42 posted:

You don't have to pay recurring fees and you can pick and choose what you want, but it really sucks when you're like "oh look, there's a turkey, I'm gonna blast him with my shotgun..." and then when you shoot him it goes "NO LICENCE FOR THIS PREY" and you're like oh gently caress you.

Ironically that makes it an even more realistic hunting sim, doesn't it? :v: We have a friend who plans huge hunting trips each year and he agonizes over which tags to buy each time based on how likely he thinks it will be to run across something. He usually just ends up overspending and buying a tag for everything 'just in case'...

magpie posted:

is there anything like Banished that isn't so bleak? Like a pretty deep Town Builder/Resource Management game; maybe something like Tropico 3-4 but with more resource management or something like the Settlers II but with more freedom to build and less crappy combat or even better, no combat at all.

Anno has no combat (well, except in some scenarios I guess) and pretty good resource management, although it relies on setting up efficient trade routes to supply all your islands with the goodies you need to advance.

Factorio has a non-combat mode where you can just set up a ridiculous processing complex to tinker with to your heart's desire. It does feel a little pointless with no real threats, though...

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

magpie posted:

This looks amazing. I don't have a PS4 yet; is it available to download through the playstation store or something?

Yes. It's a PS2 title that's up on the PSN, so if you have a PS3 you can play it with that as well.

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009

magpie posted:

Only because you mentioned Streets of Rage, but you might want to look at Dungeon Fighter Online. It's a free to play MMO that's kind of what would happen if Street Fighter and a side-scroller had a baby. There's going to be a lot weapon-wise, but fighting with/as a dude with a sword doesn't feel too terribly different than not.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If I liked Lisa, Lisa the joyful, Lisa the painful, and Undertale, what else would I like?

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

magpie posted:

Get Mad Max. Your only firearm is a shotgun (admittedly a brutal thing that one-shots everything) which fully upgraded will only hold 4 shots. Ammo for it is really scarce, so you're going to rely on punching a whole lot.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

magpie posted:

Jade Empire? Bioware RPG about martial artists in not-China. You can get weapons, and some are quite good, but not using one is certainly not a handicap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Fat Samurai posted:

Get Mad Max. Your only firearm is a shotgun (admittedly a brutal thing that one-shots everything) which fully upgraded will only hold 4 shots. Ammo for it is really scarce, so you're going to rely on punching a whole lot.

As far as I can tell, that shotgun is the only firearm in the ENTIRE GAME.
(Ok besides your sniper rifle but come on)