Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wait just a second, where is it implied that Commander Dolph is gay? Must be a codec that I haven't heard because I never picked up on that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Scott Dolph and Vamp had a fling.

That's not a joke, it's actually canon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpx5TW1A68I

Funnily enough this same codec outright says that Dolph is Fortune's father, no subtext required. :v:

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Oct 12, 2015

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

marauderthirty posted:

Wait just a second, where is it implied that Commander Dolph is gay? Must be a codec that I haven't heard because I never picked up on that one.

It isn't implied it is straight-up stated. Vamp was Dolph's lover.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
:psyduck: That doesn't even make sense

E: loving Metal Gear, it's not supposed to make sense. Still, :psyduck:

the good fax machine fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Oct 12, 2015

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

marauderthirty posted:

This is the least-dramatic way to find this out!

This is the worst!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

marauderthirty posted:

What doesn't make sense?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Black people are allowed to be gay for vampires. It's okay now in 2015.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

CJacobs posted:

Scott Dolph and Vamp had a fling.

That's not a joke, it's actually canon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpx5TW1A68I

Funnily enough this same codec outright says that Dolph is Fortune's father, no subtext required. :v:

Yeah I just never connected Dolph to Marine Commander.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Sorry, I think I'm mixing up tanker with plant and placing Vamp/Fortune earlier in the story than they actually appear. It's still got that small world thing going on, like Fortune and Vamp are maybe lovers oh and also Vamp was lovers with her dad too.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

In the Metal Gear universe, if you love a dad a lot you have to want to bang their kid too.

Ocelot giving Solid Snake a big old smooch was just him doing his duty.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Scott Dolph was also a Konami rep who did translation duties for Kojima.

"Scott, I think I will name a character in my new game after you. He is a marine commander who takes his duty very seriously."
"Thank you Mr Kojima, it's a huge compliment that you would-"
"Also, he hosed a vampire man!"
"..."

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
After the nuclear disarmament stuff and the idea that there's a place in mother base where you've locked down nukes (and Eli literally pulling his MGS1 motivation for Kingdom of Flies.) I was shocked that Mother Base didn't turn out to be the basis of Shadow Moses all a looooooong.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Onmi posted:

After the nuclear disarmament stuff and the idea that there's a place in mother base where you've locked down nukes (and Eli literally pulling his MGS1 motivation for Kingdom of Flies.) I was shocked that Mother Base didn't turn out to be the basis of Shadow Moses all a looooooong.

You were kind of right though, since it turns out Outer Haven, the floating fortress with Mount Snakemore, was under Shadow Moses.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Donnerberg posted:

You were kind of right though, since it turns out Outer Haven, the floating fortress with Mount Snakemore, was under Shadow Moses.

Snakemore is now missing a snake head.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Donnerberg posted:

Can anyone point out WHERE on Outer Haven this thing was actually located? I was infinitely bothered by seeing it for half a second and then not being able to actually see it anywhere on the ship despite seeing multiple angles of all sides of the ship.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Anyone else follow kojima on twitter? The scamp keeps tweeting about media he is consuming and their 3rd parts. Like he randomly talks about true detective season 2 episode 3, talks about getting the killing on dvd and mentions there was no season 3. Talks about c3po's red arm in vol 3 of this star wars mag. :tinfoil:

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

DaveKap posted:

Can anyone point out WHERE on Outer Haven this thing was actually located? I was infinitely bothered by seeing it for half a second and then not being able to actually see it anywhere on the ship despite seeing multiple angles of all sides of the ship.

It was an Octocamo projection on the front of the slidey hull bit I think. I'm pretty sure it deactivates and disappears immediately after being shown in the cutscene.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Party Boat posted:

It was an Octocamo projection on the front of the slidey hull bit I think. I'm pretty sure it deactivates and disappears immediately after being shown in the cutscene.
That makes sense and is stupid as hell. Thank you.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Even right at the end Ocelot still just wants Snake to think he’s cool :(

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Even right at the end Ocelot still just wants Snake to think he’s cool :(
When they stab each other with the nanomachine suppressant (instead of themselves) just so they can continue to fight, it's confirmed in my heart that true love was born on the battlefield that day.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Vikar Jerome posted:

Anyone else follow kojima on twitter? The scamp keeps tweeting about media he is consuming and their 3rd parts. Like he randomly talks about true detective season 2 episode 3, talks about getting the killing on dvd and mentions there was no season 3. Talks about c3po's red arm in vol 3 of this star wars mag. :tinfoil:

Half Life 3 confirmed

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
The Blast Arm running punch destroys the radio on C2W and pump tank on Pitch Dark without breaking No Traces. I now have the highest legit score on Pitch Dark PC.

If we can figure out the minigun on 12 and Quiet supply drops on 45, only [SUBSISTENCE] C2W will remain.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

DaveKap posted:

When they stab each other with the nanomachine suppressant (instead of themselves) just so they can continue to fight, it's confirmed in my heart that true love was born on the battlefield that day.

Yeah anyone who doesn't think this is twu wuv between two ancient enemies has no heart.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Nakar posted:

The Blast Arm running punch destroys the radio on C2W and pump tank on Pitch Dark without breaking No Traces. I now have the highest legit score on Pitch Dark PC.

If we can figure out the minigun on 12 and Quiet supply drops on 45, only [SUBSISTENCE] C2W will remain.

Wait so the upgraded Rocket Arm has a different running punch?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Well, I just told prenatual, so I'm looking forward to those tiny blemishes being removed from his perfect record.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Nakar posted:

That's a pretty impressive way to get around that.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

So if a patrol drives up to a location where Puppets happen to be chilling out, will they like react to them at all?

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Wait so the upgraded Rocket Arm has a different running punch?

It's a lethal one, yes.

Raxivace posted:

So if a patrol drives up to a location where Puppets happen to be chilling out, will they like react to them at all?

They won't ever cross paths. And if you try to manipulate things so that a normal guard encounters puppets, the normal guards will stay unconscious and cannot be woken by any means.

In It For The Tank fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Oct 12, 2015

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Don't smoke, kids... Unless you have to.

Raxivace posted:

They just pass out when they get close enough.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Ah, I was hoping we'd get like mini MGS4 style battles or something.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

For no traces on code talker how do you get past the puppets? I always get them after me in the mansion since about 50 of them clutter the door.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Sylink posted:

For no traces on code talker how do you get past the puppets? I always get them after me in the mansion since about 50 of them clutter the door.

Getting spotted by puppets does not break No Traces, pretty sure.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
The Blast Arm's running punch does a high amount of explosive damage. I recorded using it to get No Traces on C2W, and prenatual uses it and vehicle ramming to get No Traces on Metallic Archaea. Against normal guards it's lethal damage. Every other arm deals non-lethal damage and stuns the enemy. A side-effect of this is that the arm's dash punch appears to deal explosive damage as well, allowing it to damage equipment. I haven't fully tested it but it appears to be capable of destroying lights and other fixtures, so it can probably destroy electrical generators and the like without violating No Traces.

You do still end up taking one hit from punching the oily water separator tank on Pitch Dark, but the No Traces bonus is more than worth it:

Sylink posted:

Just run out the door right away, and loop around. Puppets cannot alert so their notice markers are irrelevant, only being spotted by a Skull Sniper will break No Traces once you've gotten to Code Talker.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Bholder posted:

Half Life 3 confirmed

hilarious thing is though, when he goes on about getting the original The Killing on dvd and he says it had no season 3, when it did. :tinfoil:

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/653203242478768128

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Oct 12, 2015

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

haha just checked r/neverbegameover and they have a NEW SMOKING GUN :tinfoil:

(the jacket)

silent hills confirmed not cancelled, now part of MGSV chapters 9 and 10.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

So has a single "Kojima hinted at it on his twitter" thing actually come to pass?

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

So has a single "Kojima hinted at it on his twitter" thing actually come to pass?

I was ashamed of my words and deeds

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

NeverBeGameOver is one hell a dump. Great for Schadenfreude though.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
I wonder if the Blast Arm dash can defeat Sahelanthropus in Hellbound, skipping the minigun segment. I'm not sure if that segment is skippable at all though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

• Locked thread