Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Buttmeister posted:

I like this game it is fun

stop shitposting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I, too, like this game.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
This thread has taken a weird turn.

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

BillmasterCozb posted:

I, too, like this game.

lol

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Gimbal lock posted:

Is there a quote somewhere that says that this was a conscious decision and not just some unwanted behavior that they haven't gotten around to fixing? I'm willing to give the devs the benefit of the doubt on this because them doing this on purpose is hard to believe.

I'm willing to give the Devs the benefit of of the doubt that they did this deliberately to go with their "Dark Souls" style gameplay.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
*stands up slowly, in the back* No, *I* like this game!

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Literally Kermit posted:

*stands up slowly, in the back* No, *I* like this game!

*someone stands up and slowly starts to clap*

*someone else shouts* "sit back down"

ozzy8bats
Jul 31, 2012

What about his wrong?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

ozzy8bats posted:

What about his wrong?

I think it's a pretty nice wrong but I've been wrong before.

fartbound lol

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

ozzy8bats posted:

What about his wrong?

his wrong is star bound

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
So... Is CF just done with randomized mobs now? Every update of theirs has been of monsters that there making and why can't they figure out what they want to do? Just decide what you want starbound to be and do it. It's not that hard, stop changing your mind every 2 days.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ahundredbux posted:

his wrong is star bound

lol

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

starbound isn't even real and you're all hallucinations

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

ScorpioMajesty posted:

So... Is CF just done with randomized mobs now? Every update of theirs has been of monsters that there making and why can't they figure out what they want to do? Just decide what you want starbound to be and do it. It's not that hard, stop changing your mind every 2 days.

They were supposed to have non-random monsters in a long rear end time ago, I recall they even got the go-ahead for adding Creepers and Diggles...they just CF'd it up or something :shrug:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Deakul posted:

this is true

how can starbound be real when our posts aren't real

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
there's a little starbound in all of us

a bit less after a visit to the toilet

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Excelzior posted:

this is true

how can starbound be real when our posts aren't real

Nothing is real, everything is permitted.

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]
so i played terraria and i now recant my previous statement,

this game, with and without mods,

is bad

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

This thread has ascended normal shitposting.
This is now meta shitposting.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

theyve been developing the combat and movement of this 2d building sandbox game for more than three years so you know its good

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Kly posted:

theyve been developing the combat and movement of this 2d building sandbox game for more than three years so you know its good

Yeah, same for Undertale!

...which was made by one guy..

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

BillmasterCozb posted:

Yeah, same for Undertale!

...which was made by one guy..

starbound is bad but that comparision is legit unfair, it's comparing an apple to some shoes

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Patware posted:

starbound is bad but that comparision is legit unfair, it's comparing an apple to some shoes

i dunno man, those jordans are looking pretty tasty

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Patware posted:

on certain planets, alpacas have a random chance to wear shoes with jerky in them

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

there's a starbound
waiting to be played
they'd like to try and patch it
but I think they need some aid

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Deakul posted:

Starbound is a game. Star Citizen is not even real and YOUR the hallucination.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
^^^^
this is now a grim creap'd zone

Davoren posted:

there's a starbound
waiting to be played
they'd like to try and patch it
but I think they need some aid

good

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

grimcreaper posted:

Starbound is a game. Star Citizen is not even real and YOUR the hallucination.

no............................... thats imposible.................................... ur lyin

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]
this game is p lame
I can't write haikus right
just like chucklefish can't make game

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Buttmeister posted:

this game is p lame
I can't write haikus right
just like chucklefish can't make game

there was no "It is snowing on mount fuji", you really are awful at this

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.
I honestly believe the game really was at its best nearly two years ago when combat and recovery options were nice and simple, just needed more content and structure. Instead, we got well over a year of meandering about and getting nothing done because they were too busy trying to think of ways to bog down most mechanics with arbitrary restrictions. Sure, combat and stuff still needed some tweaks, but just bogging it down for the sake of "Gotta attract that :darksouls: audience, yo!" was not it, and I'm sure that even to this day, enemies can kill you just by jumping in/around you like some coked up jackrabbit while you have even less ability to effectively defend against it, and sure as hell cannot heal all the constant chip damage from these encounters in any efficient manner, time or resource-wise.

I think they really shoulda focused more on content and overall structure than just pissing about on combat revision after combat revision. That or maybe not have focused on making the game extremely slow and methodical when it drat sure cannot pull that style of game off in a 2D space, and it only pales in comparison to eventually be able to tear rear end across a planet with a jetpack raining rockets on the annoying wildlife below, because you're a goddamn spaceman and you've earned it through hard work and/or the rapid pillaging and resource stripping of several planets.

Well that was my post, see you next year I guess.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
i'm pretty sure theyre all spending all their time pretending to work cause they have no vision or basic guidelines lol

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
starbound

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
a reminder that starbound has sold over a million copies (plus preorders/fake kickstarter) which totals around 20 million bucks and 3 years later they still can't manage to actually make a fun beta or finish a full game

it's pixel star citizen only less hilarious because at least star citizen has a million delusional hilarious fans and tons more development obstacles to hit before it would be halfway decent to offset/justify some of the cost; starbound's development effort since "release" is basically a wet fart for the money put into it

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Oct 21, 2015

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
nah this game aint going nowhere

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006

Magmarashi posted:

They were supposed to have non-random monsters in a long rear end time ago, I recall they even got the go-ahead for adding Creepers and Diggles...they just CF'd it up or something :shrug:

We've got a bunch of unique monsters going in, (more than 50 right now) with their own unique attacks and abilities as part of the combat update. I think it was only a few pages ago that people were asking for non-random monsters!

The creeper thing is a little odd, We did get permission from Notch to add them. He no longer owns Minecraft though, so we'd have to double check that.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Yes that sounds like something you should be thinking about, yes.

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012

Davoren posted:

Yes that sounds like something you should be thinking about, yes.

Yes.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Oh look, it's Supernorn. Hello, Supernorn.

Are you back for your mandated bi-monthly Starbound defense post, or is this just a casual visit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Supernorn posted:

We've got a bunch of unique monsters going in, (more than 50 right now) with their own unique attacks and abilities as part of the combat update.

see guys i told you, four years and 20 million dollars later and theyve almost got movement and combat figured out in this 2d sandbox lego game. bet you all feel silly for doubting chucklefish now.

• Locked thread