Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
That's a viable option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphna
Oct 12, 2015

GalaxyTrail CM
If you're in a Jedi guild, artificing is a nice one, makes you popular with everyone wanting those shiny lightsaber blade colors.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Rafzakael posted:

I've tried Dulfy, Reddit, and Google and haven't found anything thats remotely up-to-date aside from the Dulfy stuff for PvE. I understand the expansion is near so a few things will change, but it's still kind of frustrating that I can't find any solid PvP stuff.

All the class forums on the official forums have guides otherwise I can answer specific questions.

Defiance Industries posted:

The only thing less important to SWTOR than raiding... Is PvP.

And yet queues, at least on Harbinger, are less than a minute at all lvls, all day everyday.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Is there any reason to finish the companion quests/conversations before KOTFE drops?

I know I get a Legacy perk for finishing them, but will they go away like the old class quests are?

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

CobiWann posted:

Is there any reason to finish the companion quests/conversations before KOTFE drops?

I know I get a Legacy perk for finishing them, but will they go away like the old class quests are?

Yes, they go away once 4.0 hits. You don't have to max out affection to 10k but you might want to make sure you do their quests to their conclusion.

Edit for clarification: "they go away" as in, you won't be able to finish them once you start the KOTFE story - which comes with a warning. They're still in the game after 4.0, you just have to complete them before you start the new content.

Hulk Smash! fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Oct 12, 2015

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Baron von der Loon posted:

I read that Shadow of Revan becomes free on October 27th. That means that I likely won't be able to play when KOTF is available for subscribers, right?

Gah, I know that it's only $20 at this point, but it feels like a waste of money when it's available in two weeks.

What's this about level syncing up to 65? Can you skip on RotHC and SoR if you want?

Edit: I'm trying to get some people back into the game, but the new content for KOTF is single-player, right? You can go through the thing with multiple players, but only the main character will get to make decisions, like with class stories?

Well the way FE works is that if you subbed from I think Aug 10 to now you'll get it a week early, on the 20th. If you haven't been subbed that whole time, you get it on the 27th when it officially launches. So you will get FE and SoR at the same time, so like you said better to say your $20.

Level synching works two ways. It scales you down on lower level planets, and it scales you up for Flashpoints. FE starts at 60 so you'll still have to do RotHC and SoR to get there.

And FE seems to be all single player, so you have that right.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
I just realized that getting HK will be a pain in the rear end once we get level synching! Guess I have a good reason to finally unlock him.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

the panacea posted:

I just realized that getting HK will be a pain in the rear end once we get level synching! Guess I have a good reason to finally unlock him.

Yep, HK, datacrons, general achievement hunting will be rough starting next week.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

Medullah posted:

Yep, HK, datacrons, general achievement hunting will be rough starting next week.

gently caress, I always neglected datacrons. Which are the one's that'll suffer the most from level synched mobs?
I guess those planet wide decoration drops will also go up in price?

Talking bout achivs: I noticed that my two launch chars don't have their achievements for finishing the story content and hitting lvl 50 because I maxed them before achievements were introduced.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

the panacea posted:

gently caress, I always neglected datacrons. Which are the one's that'll suffer the most from level synched mobs?

Talking bout achivs: I noticed that my two launch chars don't have their achievements for finishing the story content and hitting lvl 50 because I maxed them before achievements were introduced.

That should have been retroactive IIRC. I have a jugg that hit 50 way before achievements were a thing and I got the points for it when they came on without leveling another Jugg.

For datacrons, the only ones that won't suffer from level sync are whatever ones - if any - are introduced with KOTFE and the one on the fleet. Every other planet will downlevel you.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

the panacea posted:

At least one of these is properly bugged and won't unlock at all. Agent, I think. If you send a support ticket they'll give you the achievements.

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

the panacea posted:

The story ones are not retroactive, the level ones are. I just recently re-leveled a Trooper and Warrior because my chapter 1,2,3 cheevs weren't unlocked, and when I opened a ticket they told me to go gently caress myself.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I apologize for thinking that everybody was just massively overstating things when they said that Skadge is the worst companion.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Alright, so what do I need to do to get this eyepatch that I was asking about last night? Do something with slot machines on the guild ship to get rep to do something else? I've played this game for a couple years now and I still don't know what half these reputation vendors are, that's a bit of a blind spot for me.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Play the slots until you get Outsider rank with Contraband Resale Corp. You can buy coins to play from the decoration NPC on the ship. The woman, not the droids.

You'll also need a cartel certificate. Those can come from the slots but it's super rare. You might have some if you've ever bought crates though.

The NPC to buy it from is in the Cartel market. It's the south elevator on Imperial Fleet. North on Republic I think. It's labeled on the map. There's a platform there with all of the cartel rep NPCs.

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

Ainsley McTree posted:

Alright, so what do I need to do to get this eyepatch that I was asking about last night? Do something with slot machines on the guild ship to get rep to do something else? I've played this game for a couple years now and I still don't know what half these reputation vendors are, that's a bit of a blind spot for me.

The answer to absolutely any question about cartel reps is "pour more money in."

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

Play the slots until you get Outsider rank with Contraband Resale Corp. You can buy coins to play from the decoration NPC on the ship. The woman, not the droids.

You'll also need a cartel certificate. Those can come from the slots but it's super rare. You might have some if you've ever bought crates though.

The NPC to buy it from is in the Cartel market. It's the south elevator on Imperial Fleet. North on Republic I think. It's labeled on the map. There's a platform there with all of the cartel rep NPCs.

Thank you!

How do I get a cert other than slots and crates? Are they on the GTN?

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Ainsley McTree posted:

Thank you!

How do I get a cert other than slots and crates? Are they on the GTN?

Certs are legacy-bound, so no--you'd have to luck into one in a pack. It's not hard though--they're fairly common.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Someone calculated the odds at less than a tenth of a percent from the slots, so yeah crates are your only option.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
I gotta tell you that going Inquisitor to Sorcerer and dumping Force Storm on everything is amazingly cathartic

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

Someone calculated the odds at less than a tenth of a percent from the slots, so yeah crates are your only option.

d'oh. Which crates are they in?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

All of them. Sometimes you get them instead of cartel rep items. They're not rare from packs, about 20% or so.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ainsley McTree posted:

d'oh. Which crates are they in?

Any crate. Basically every single cartel pack will contain a reputation item (common) or cartel certificate (rare).

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

All of them. Sometimes you get them instead of cartel rep items. They're not rare from packs, about 20% or so.

Thank you again. I have never purchased a crate off the cartel market so this is also a blind spot for me.

This eyepatch better be worth it, goddamn

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

So if crates contain rep items, does this mean my first step should be to buy crates till i get the cert, and then turn to slots to grind up whatever rep I didn't get from trying to get a cert?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Probably not. The early crate items aren't as good, I'd find one with decent items and go with that. It'll be super cheap getting the rep from the slots.

Rouncer
Jul 23, 2009

Eyepatch doesn't require a certificate. Just play the slot machine till you are at least a friend (I'd go for legend cause it's cheap-ish and easy). Then go pick up the eyepatch.

Friend gets you access to the regulator set (which also doesn't require certificates) and has one of the more interesting belt models.

http://tor-fashion.com/jaymie-jedi-covenant-nsfw/

(Also looks great in less slutty outfits - my Jugg uses it in his slut outfit while my PT uses it with a full armored look)

Edit

http://dulfy.net/2013/03/12/swtor-contraband-resale-corporation-reputation-guide/

Rouncer fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Oct 12, 2015

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
You don't need a certificate for the eyepatch. All you need is Outsider rep and like 2600 credits.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Fuzz posted:

You don't need a certificate for the eyepatch. All you need is Outsider rep and like 2600 credits.

Ok yeah, this was way easier than I was making it out to be. Got outsider rep in like 2 pulls of the slot machines, lol. Perhaps buying 50 chips was a tad overkill

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Ainsley McTree posted:

Ok yeah, this was way easier than I was making it out to be. Got outsider rep in like 2 pulls of the slot machines, lol. Perhaps buying 50 chips was a tad overkill

Max out the rep. The Titles are cool and there's a set on there that has awesome boots and gloves if you like the 1800s Russian infantry look.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Not to mention there's always the chance they'll nerf it again.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
Agent story is great. act 2 is very trippy with all the brainwashing stuff, i hope at the end i can go rogue.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Just hit 55 as a Trooper and it seems to be capped for now, what should I do at this point?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

StashAugustine posted:

Just hit 55 as a Trooper and it seems to be capped for now, what should I do at this point?

Create a new alt and see another story before 12x ends!

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Fuzz posted:

Max out the rep. The Titles are cool and there's a set on there that has awesome boots and gloves if you like the 1800s Russian infantry look.

I am very interested in that. Which set is this?

Syrophenikan
Aug 17, 2010
Fun Shoe
I thought I read it here or somewhere else, but when 4.0 hits, the 12x goes away and it just becomes 6x for class quests?

Also, I'm having a ton of fun picking this game up again after I stopped playing waaaaay back when Explosive Conflict was released. Such a fun game and good to play with goons.

Playing light side republic is fun to see the story, but I forgot how much I tend to hate goodie-two-shoes, especially when the Republic side is swarming with them. Although, it's the same when you play dark side Imperial...

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

So is the 12x is still on? I should go beat the some more classes.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

randombattle posted:

So is the 12x is still on? I should go beat the some more classes.

12x for 8 more days. Then it changes permanently to whatever coefficient is "you only have to do class quests and the main planetary storyline" x

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Hmm maybe I'll focus on the good classes and not worry about smuggler and poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

randombattle posted:

Hmm maybe I'll focus on the good classes and not worry about smuggler and poo poo.

I am thinking of doing a new class when i hit 55 on my agent. It is a mix between juggernaut and pt. I love the idea of stabing and setting people on fire. On the other hand, glow sticks.

• Locked thread