Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Power Ambient posted:

sahelanthropus keeps beatoing the poo poo out of me and its starting to be upsetting

what's your weapon loadout

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Fabricated posted:

I'm interested in seeing what Kojima does next. Shame he couldn't take his engine with him.

boktai

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Fabricated posted:

I'm interested in seeing what Kojima does next. Shame he couldn't take his engine with him.

hopefully a quiet retirement to try and salvage a semblance of dignity

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

haveblue posted:

mgs started by stealing from escape from new york and ended by stealing from the thing. hope they do big trouble in little china next

*raiden remote controls the canadarm to catch a space missile and throw it back at russia or whoever*
its all in the reflexes, heh

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

haveblue posted:

mgs started by stealing from escape from new york and ended by stealing from the thing. hope they do big trouble in little china next

they live

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
current dark souls tank experiment status: holy christballs why have i never used the balder shield before???? :gizz:

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

As a Millennial I posted:

but... but they exploded

why does kojima need to do this with each game

the tape says all he got to study were bits and pieces, maybe an intact body part or two

also the original nanomachine parasite bullshit was discovered by the Philosophers

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin

ayn rand hand job posted:

what's your weapon loadout

i have the revolver nade launcher and rocket launcher (with the 10 rockets) and quiet and i get him down to like 10% and it always manages to get me. snaaaake

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

at least mantis is still a little mystical right? they never explained that away did they

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Power Ambient posted:

i have the revolver nade launcher and rocket launcher (with the 10 rockets) and quiet and i get him down to like 10% and it always manages to get me. snaaaake

there's a couple tanks. use em

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

there's a couple tanks. use em

the tank controls are poo poo though, trying to move and fire on a target in that hilly landscape is pretty bad

when you're down at 10% there's the quicktime events that you need to succeed at and/or be behind an insane amount of cover because he busts out his weird insta-kill high-penetration shoulder laser

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

at least mantis is still a little mystical right? they never explained that away did they

nah psychics and mediums are safe. that's just matter of course in japan

"This boy is part of a new age, where nothing we understand about the world makes sense anymore."

e: speaking of which, where are the loving mediums in mgsv

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin

PipeRifle posted:

when you're down at 10% there's the quicktime events that you need to succeed at and/or be behind an insane amount of cover because he busts out his weird insta-kill high-penetration shoulder laser

seems like my timing is all hosed up because whenever that happens im running for a supply drop

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

PipeRifle posted:

the tank controls are poo poo though, trying to move and fire on a target in that hilly landscape is pretty bad

bah, they just require you to use six fingers simultaneously. awkward controls is my favorite mgs thing and i'm glad it could return in at least some small way

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

please look forward to goty 2016, releasing feb 9th

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

Power Ambient posted:

seems like my timing is all hosed up because whenever that happens im running for a supply drop

yeah or reloading one of the rocket/grenade launchers which takes forever and I keep getting a shot off literally as I die

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
this is an excellent use of our kickstarter dollars

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

preorder now :lol:

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

seriously though i want kojima to make a game where you play as a cat stalking prey

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

kojima is free now, he can finally do what he likes

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Power Ambient posted:

i wouldn't recommend the grom for that fight, it deals less damage than a falkenburg, and i still had to use like 70 falkenberg rockets to kill him the first time

if you go rocket launcher, even the lowest grade cgm will be a much better option

make sure to target his weak points (the 4 canisters jutting out of his back, and center of his torso)

you should also bring supply flares so you can call in drops ahead of time and not bother with the menu or waiting for them manually

battle suit too

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

and dont forget

wherein, presumably, after derek smart released the name of the ship they'd offer, someone rushed to change the name temporarily and forgot to fix the text later.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

duTrieux. posted:

seriously though i want kojima to make a game where you play as a cat stalking prey

would

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

ayn rand hand job posted:

i wouldn't recommend the grom for that fight, it deals less damage than a falkenburg, and i still had to use like 70 falkenberg rockets to kill him the first time

if you go rocket launcher, even the lowest grade cgm will be a much better option

make sure to target his weak points (the 4 canisters jutting out of his back, and center of his torso)

you should also bring supply flares so you can call in drops ahead of time and not bother with the menu or waiting for them manually

battle suit too

i used dwalkers minigun attachment and it made pretty short work of him tbh

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

i didnt even think of shooting at sahelantropus, just used tanks and tried to stay out of the red mist

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Liver Disaster posted:

i didnt even think of shooting at sahelantropus, just used tanks and tried to stay out of the red mist

i thought the mist was a scripted thing? in any case i was able to get him to lik 40% life with tanks alone

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

his dick flamethrower was the most annoying bit

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

getting a shot off with the missile launcher tank was real satisfying
it was all pretty wild since i didnt use tanks during the game (everything gets fultoned or destroyed)

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

i didn't even realise you could drive tanks until that point, you couldn't in ground zeroes

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Pinterest Mom posted:

huh, pa is still hot garbage, go figure

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

please keep Gamer Gate out of this thread

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Awia posted:

i didn't even realise you could drive tanks until that point, you couldn't in ground zeroes

yes you could! your gonna need to try harder
you have to get it quick, playing GZ sucks after how good everything in TPP is

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

wait really? gently caress

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

also the tank in GZ counts as camouflage, people think it's just one of their tanks driving around which owns

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
wrong thread

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Awia posted:

kojima is free now, he can finally do what he likes

he can finally make movies like he's so desperately wanted to

then, after they get panned and flop, hopefully he'll have the grace to quietly retire

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

what the flying gently caress is this horseshit

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

it's really really obvious that gabe never took a single art class or read an art book or anything, his art follows the exact progression of lovely webcomic guy lucking into enough money to afford cintiqs and photoshops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i'm sorry that was a mean thing to say. i'm trying to be nicer.

• Locked thread