Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fishvilla
Apr 11, 2011

THE SHAGMISTRESS

Illinois Smith posted:

who the gently caress just brings hot sauce to a live show, barges his way on stage and demands that the host taste it

An autistic hero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Rob Schrab is always awesome.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Reddit Pepper Hot Sauce

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Rob Schrab seems like a really weird dude. It's bizarre to think about him being a director.

Also, kudos to Spencer for saving the show by talking them out of trying the hot sauce. They woulda had to stop the show while they barfed and cried for an hour. gently caress hot sauce guy.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
I don't know what was worse. The hot sauce guy or Will Wheaton

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

PostNouveau posted:

Rob Schrab seems like a really weird dude. It's bizarre to think about him being a director.

Also, kudos to Spencer for saving the show by talking them out of trying the hot sauce. They woulda had to stop the show while they barfed and cried for an hour. gently caress hot sauce guy.
Also way kudos for having ready ideas for solutions and listing them off as a list in a calm and direct manner instead of the constant sympathy applause break everyone else is doing in the news or as Wil did.

We can put a man in the moon but we can't have children in kindergarten and not know if they will survive a hail of bullets by a madman? It blows my mind this is the world we're living it!! It's just insane!!!

Applause please, problem solved.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Zsinjeh posted:

Also way kudos for having ready ideas for solutions and listing them off as a list in a calm and direct manner instead of the constant sympathy applause break everyone else is doing in the news or as Wil did.

We can put a man in the moon but we can't have children in kindergarten and not know if they will survive a hail of bullets by a madman? It blows my mind this is the world we're living it!! It's just insane!!!

I'm ok with Wheaton in small doses, but there's a reason I unfollowed him on twitter

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Zsinjeh posted:

Is it at all possible he was just expressing his views and not just looking for applause? At least half of America is not on his side...

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

It wasn't particularly aimed at Wil specifically, and it's not like this is an easy subject to solve but I'm getting tired of every school shooting leading to an impassioned speech by someone, people applaud and everyone feels better and that's it. Really got a kick out of the way Spencer listed something tangible you can talk to your congressman about.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Zsinjeh posted:

It wasn't particularly aimed at Wil specifically, and it's not like this is an easy subject to solve but I'm getting tired of every school shooting leading to an impassioned speech by someone, people applaud and everyone feels better and that's it. Really got a kick out of the way Spencer listed something tangible you can talk to your congressman about.

Yeah, he seems like a pragmatic dude.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Wil Wheaton is human garbage

It Is Known

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

hmm so it looks like Dan and Erin are divorcing

a development that was both utterly predictable and still kind of depressing

ah, well

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Toxxupation posted:

hmm so it looks like Dan and Erin are divorcing

a development that was both utterly predictable and still kind of depressing

ah, well

poo poo I will miss her attempts at comedy.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

They didn't even make it a loving year

i mean, we all knew, right? we all knew that they shouldn't marry each other, right? like nobody was under the delusion that anything but this would happen, right?

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~
What a huge surprise. Oh well. I thought they each seemed just crazy enough to make it work. :(

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

Toxxupation posted:

i mean, we all knew, right? we all knew that they shouldn't marry each other, right? like nobody was under the delusion that anything but this would happen, right?

Her restarting This Feels Terrible when the last episode was the audio from their wedding is pretty amusing to me.

Viginti
Feb 1, 2015
I mean, did Dan wait for the Rick and Morty finale before announcing this? It seems fittingly meta that we would be given the tragic wedding of Birdperson than this is one week.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Viginti posted:

I mean, did Dan wait for the Rick and Morty finale before announcing this? It seems fittingly meta that we would be given the tragic wedding of Birdperson than this is one week.

The bigger question is whether Dan's inevitable spiral will make Harmontown worth listening to... I haven't had the interest to tune in since ep 136, because it sorta became rather samey with Jeff and Kumail mostly gone at the time and Spencer trying too hard to be a character.

And uh, hearing that Goldberg left was a bit of a downer too.

Have there been any particularly good recent episodes I should check out?

ComradeCosmobot fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Oct 11, 2015

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~

ComradeCosmobot posted:

The bigger question is whether Dan's inevitable spiral will make Harmontown worth listening to... I haven't had the interest to tune in since ep 136, because it sorta became rather samey with Jeff and Kumail mostly gone at the time and Spencer trying too hard to be a character.

And uh, hearing that Goldberg left was a bit of a downer too.

Have there been any particularly good recent episodes I should check out?

the autism author was p good

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

Toxxupation posted:

Honestly the fact that they made it all the way to getting married even though they were horrible with each other made it seem like there was a chance neither of them was capable of noticing how lovely their relationship was. I am a little surprised it fell apart so quick because it required at least one person to not be completely delusional.

Mechanical Fiend
Sep 5, 2011

How'd that asshole get a white robe?!

EnsGDT posted:

the autism author was p good

But Dan is in every episode.

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008
Well, this is going to make Dan's "since Erin was gone I went back into slovenly playing video games all day (but I showered for her :unsmith:) " bit awkward to listen to.

SoupyTwist fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Oct 11, 2015

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

SoupyTwist posted:

Well, this is going to make Dan's "since Erin was gone I went back into slovenly playing video games all day (but I showered for her :unsmith:) " bit awkward to listen to.

More awkward then him telling her that he thought she had cheated on him in the same episode?

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Your way works too posted:

More awkward then him telling her that he thought she had cheated on him in the same episode?

I thought it was more like, "oh please God I hope you didn't cheat on me."

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
I totally think she cheated on him btw

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I doubt either of the cheated, but yeah duh, she left the country for a month in a half, what, six months into their marriage?

Dan's gonna drink himself to death soon, isn't he?

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!

PostNouveau posted:

it's gonna get bad

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

And Justin Roiland having suicidal thoughts on a regular basis according to his last appearance.

Stay alive guys, I really like your shows :(

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004
You lost today, kid. But that doesn't mean you have to like it.

Evil Agita posted:

it's gonna get bad

7. Returns to a familiar situation
8. Having... changed?

Honestly I just had visions of nightmare scenarios ever since the proposal story. As sad as it is I'm glad they figured it out early enough that they don't have kids and they both sorted it out pretty fast! Really the safest and best way it could have gone, right?

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Depends on their pre nuptial arrangements I'd say!

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

worst song, played on ugliest guitar
That's a bummer. It's always sad when that happens.

But hey, at least I'm not this oval office...

ComradeCosmobot posted:

The bigger question is whether Dan's inevitable spiral will make Harmontown worth listening to...

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I do think it's sort of irritating that both of them rushed into a situation that, from the outside looking in, was very very clearly a bad one and they then quit on it with, literally, a Kardashian level of speed

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Toxxupation posted:

I do think it's sort of irritating that both of them rushed into a situation that, from the outside looking in, was very very clearly a bad one and they then quit on it with, literally, a Kardashian level of speed

What is Kardashian speed? Also what's wrong with people making mistakes? They probably thought they were the only people who could put up with each other's issues, turns out that's not how it works.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

ElCondemn posted:

What is Kardashian speed? Also what's wrong with people making mistakes? They probably thought they were the only people who could put up with each other's issues, turns out that's not how it works.

I mean one had a marriage that lasted less than 2 months so...that?

Yes I read celebrity gossip like a horrible person.

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
Who had the closest day in the betting pool?

prinneh
Jul 29, 2005
prince of denmark

PostNouveau posted:

I doubt either of the cheated, but yeah duh, she left the country for a month in a half, what, six months into their marriage?

Yeah and it was weird how she was back in the country, but not back in the show. Their chemistry seemed off that night when she got back, she so clearly went to ireland to have a bit of a think and decided against their whole relationship. Something Harmon said in the last episode about his life being in shambles or something made me look her up on twitter, where the news of the divorce had just been posted. I wouldn't say that I thought it would end in tears, because I didn't, but there's been like a mounting unease ever since she left for ireland. She'll be fine, but I really hope Dan doesn't kill himself anymore than he's currently doing!

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I called the rick and morty hot line after the finale and made a fart noise and said "im glad you both didnt kill yourselves"

Hopin they find it uplifting

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Holy poo poo this episode of harmontown is killer

divorce talk right off the bat, and a live read of a text msg correspondence with his neighbor. Sounds stupid, really stupid - funny as gently caress though

JesusFists
Feb 14, 2005

ong-time listener, first-time caller.

Yeah, this week's episode was good. At least the divorce seems amicable? Erin posting joke picture w/ Dan's Emmy on Twitter, asking if 1 ) if it's hers or his, and 2) if she can take it, Dan RT'ed. So maybe it won't result in a shame / drinking spiral?
Speaking of shame / drinking spirals, I've been watching the full video of the episodes from the original tour (which you get if you buy Harmontown Deluxe Edition) and also watched the full Nashville episode last night - goddamn. The interesting thing is that he's one of those drunks who, even when beyond blackout, still doesn't really slur his speech that much. It was mostly more silly than shameful, and if he hadn't freaked out during a couple of failed raps (basically he put his hand over his face and said, "I'm sorry everyone, give me a minute, too drunk") I'm not sure we would have had any idea that the moonshine had made him any more wasted than usual.

Edit: I'd heard him reference taking the audience on a "bear hunt," and had no idea that was a kindergarten game that most little kids apparently play. Probably too violent for my preschool on the California coast?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

MY ABACUS! posted:

Who had the closest day in the betting pool?

That depends, do you count the day they announced the divorce or when Dan started living out of a hotel? Because the hotel thing was like two or three months into the marriage :lol: