Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I just noticed that birdstaff turns your arm all feathery :swoon:

You have to collect all the bird pieces to become a Tengu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

You have to collect all the bird pieces to become a Tengu

all the drumsticks

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall

Lyer posted:

It's funny how anet has been gradually trying to divorce itself from these things. I get the feeling once they've totally made them irrelevant, they're just going to remove them and make the story paths solo missions.

I guess we'll see by this time next expansion if they've moved away from fractals and raids because they decided it's easier to design new stuff than try and improve existing content.

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual

Lyer posted:

It's funny how anet has been gradually trying to divorce itself from these things. I get the feeling once they've totally made them irrelevant, they're just going to remove them and make the story paths solo missions.

I played world of warcraft for six months at release and then close to a year after the second or third (the one with death knights) expansion and I don't think any of the launch dungeons had changed from launch. I don't think that that's good, it just might be the precedent.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

The next expansion will add a new playable race we've all been waiting for, Dark Asura.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

goon squad discusses the new legendaries

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Lyer posted:

I wish they'd do that, I've had 'kill zombie dragon' hovering in the corner of my screen forever since I never felt like bothering with any group content and never saw anything to convince me that removing the classic MMO trinity and replacing it with nothing was a good way to design dungeons.

If I could finally finish that original personal story, that'd be cool.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Lucky for you, Arah story is now a single player personal story quest.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

even when it involved a group it was still braindead easy. it was just boring.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I thought Arah story was fun.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

I would be ok with arah story if there was actually a final boss fight instead of... that.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I just want more airship content. The guild should get an airship

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Yeah I love a lot of things about GW2, but I have no idea how the final battle with Zhaitan being literally just pushing 1 from a static spot on an airship even got out of a design meeting, let alone actually put in the game.

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
manditory pvp? wow anet is really lookin to fuckin kill their game with this bullshit

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time

Turncoat Mommy posted:

manditory pvp? wow anet is really lookin to fuckin kill their game with this bullshit

It doesn't seem like its more than a couple tracks and the items could be up for trade so you can make money off non pvpers.

It will probably take me a while to get the mats so I hope some of the more time consuming parts are shared for when the next wave comes out.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Dungeon changes are loving stupid, good job Anet.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

CLAM DOWN posted:

Dungeon are loving stupid,

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
literally can't comprehend not doing 6 hours of dungeons a day

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

If they're hellbent on shuttling dungeons into the corner like an embarrassing amateur painting, never meant to see the light of day again, then they really ought to just take the current dungeon paths, revamp them a little, and turn them into Fractals.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

CLAM DOWN posted:

I dunno man, you can't really say people ran dungeons because they were fun. Ideally dungeons would get a revamp, but I'm not going to miss them as they are.

E: oh gently caress I have to run dungeons to unlock armor skins before people stop running them. rip

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

CLAM DOWN posted:

They seem to do a lot of this lately :haw:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Speaking of stupid decisions: I don't know why they went for 10 people raids, because what in the world is actually happening at any point in this video?

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Vermain posted:

If they're hellbent on shuttling dungeons into the corner like an embarrassing amateur painting, never meant to see the light of day again, then they really ought to just take the current dungeon paths, revamp them a little, and turn them into Fractals.

That sounds like work though.

Also the consolidation of all the dungeon vendors into a single generic npc literally shoved into a corner should've been all anyone needed to know anet's thoughts on dungeons and where they were headed (the dumpster).

Lyer posted:

I dunno man, you can't really say people ran dungeons because they were fun. Ideally dungeons would get a revamp, but I'm not going to miss them as they are.

I mean aside from fractals and world boss events, they're kinda the only other thing to do in pve once you've done world completion as many times as your sanity will allow.

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010

Lyer posted:

E: oh gently caress I have to run dungeons to unlock armor skins before people stop running them. rip

Welcome to my afternoon.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Lyer posted:

Good time to be a PvPer

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

So the dungeon changes sound like you get less cash, but won't need to run them half a hundred times to get an armor skin?

Why is that bad?

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010

Xae posted:

So the dungeon changes sound like you get less cash, but won't need to run them half a hundred times to get an armor skin?

Why is that bad?

They've said absolutely nothing about increasing token drops, just that they're moving the "liquid reward" elsewhere. All of the grind, none of the gold.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Amante posted:

Good time to be a PvPer

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

that looks like a repost. new original content only please

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

AzureSkye posted:

They've said absolutely nothing about increasing token drops, just that they're moving the "liquid reward" elsewhere. All of the grind, none of the gold.

*the least grindy MMO ever*

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

AzureSkye posted:

Even if they fixed the grind a bit, without the gold the only reason left to do them really is get the skins. And then never bother again unless you find them really super fun on their own merit.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Lucky for you, Arah story is now a single player personal story quest.

Oh, wow, really? I guess I should really start doing something more than logging on once a month to make sure you don't gkick me.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
All dungeons all tracks soloable, cash reward removed.

Calling it now.

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010

boho posted:

Calling it now.

I would actually be fine with this or increasing the tokens. Or both.

It'd at least take the pain out of finding a group down the line when people have the skins they want already.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Generic Octopus posted:

Even if they fixed the grind a bit, without the gold the only reason left to do them really is get the skins. And then never bother again unless you find them really super fun on their own merit.
It's worth noting that without the gold rewards it is significantly faster to get the skins through the sPvP reward tracks than repeated dungeon runs. Completing a reward track in sPvP gives you 3 weapons, 1 piece of armour and 300 odd dungeon tokens along with other useful things like level up tomes, transmute charges and crafting materials. This means that if you go through a dungeon track twice and pick the legs and chest from the armour boxes at the end you should be able to purchase all of the remaining armour for a specific weight with the other tokens you have. It'll take approximately 6 tracks to get all armour and that also gets you 18 weapon skins too which should be most of them.

Of course, if you don't like PvP you're kind of screwed.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

boho posted:

Calling it now.

Can't increase rewards or decrease difficulty unless people who've already completed all the dungeons and finished all the collections get a special gold star next to their name acknowledging that they are superior to new cupcake dungeon runners.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

New legendaries are cool as gently caress, though it's kind of weird that all three of them have the "gives your arm some weird effect" thing. They're clearly very enamored with that.

Dungeon changes seem to translate to "please stop running dungeons, we don't like them and neither should you." They're about as upfront about that as they can be: they "shifted focus" to fractals and raids and naturally they want us to shift our focus the same way, so they're basically removing any incentive to run dungeons beyond doing them once just to see them I guess.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Bring back heroes and henchmen as NPCs you can take along into dungeons

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

whydirt posted:

Bring back heroes and henchmen as NPCs you can take along into dungeons

This please.

If map rewards don't succeed in incentivizing people to return to old maps then they should also have heroes/henchmen available there, too, so that people can still do group events.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Pvp is already a much easier way to get dungeon skins and tokens than running dungeons, now that pvp will also drop stuff you can auction that people will need for legendaries there's no reason to ever do dungeons over esports for loot.

They really, really, really, want people to pvp. Next step will be anet devs calling your authorization numbers personally begging you to play it.

• Locked thread