Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nondescript Van
May 2, 2007

Gats N Party Hats :toot:
Star Trek: Time Cops - follows those time cops from the 29th century as they make every excuse possible to keep Hitler alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
STAR TREK: What I said in the post you quoted

Or any of the other ideas that are spammed on every fifth page in every star trek thread

Edit: A show-inside-a-show set on a spaceship that is the studio for a subspace morning show, Start Your Stardate With Bashir and Garak, including lots of on-screen segments where Big Fat Klingon Chef shows you how to prepare tasty nutritious breakfasts your little warriors will love, and then behind-the-scenes poo poo where Bashir and Miles O'Brien are constantly having gay sex in maintenance corridors and Sisko is the show runner and accidentally gets them banned from the Federation

Tujague fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Oct 12, 2015

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Nondescript Van posted:

Star Trek: Time Cops - follows those time cops from the 29th century as they make every excuse possible to keep Hitler alive.

I was thinking about a timecop one too but that could get silly! maybe one with section 31

Star Trek: S31 - Not anymore you're not.
Star Trek: Khitomer Outpost - The entire series is one double cross and smoke & mirror after another. Every season finale makes you think you know what's going on until you don't. The Series Finale? Turns out Worf's dad was a loving traitor. How's that for a "gently caress you" Ambassador Worf?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Nondescript Van posted:

That's almost as absurd as star tracks going back in time to assassinate JFK.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Nondescript Van posted:

Follow the time cops as they investigate AAtrek and make every excuse possible to deny Mods Knew.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

MikeJF posted:

It was established a bunch of times that Kirk is was huge loving nerd who used to get beat up by the cool kids at the academy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8HnNEhHqyo
JIMMY BOY

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Nondescript Van posted:

I love that Hitler is always the focus of these time travel fantasists, like he's the one guy in all of history who time travellers would seek out. Not Napoleon, not Genghis Khan, not Bagosora, not Gavrilo Princip or Abdul Hamid, not Julius Caesar's assassins, not the leader of the Visigoths, no, it's Hitler.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Star Trek: Archer, just Enterprise episodes redone with Sterling Archer taking the place of Jonathan Archer.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Nondescript Van posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0Zr_C74DQU

Nondescript Van
May 2, 2007

Gats N Party Hats :toot:

My Q-Face posted:

I love that Hitler is always the focus of these time travel fantasists, like he's the one guy in all of history who time travellers would seek out. Not Napoleon, not Genghis Khan, not Bagosora, not Gavrilo Princip or Abdul Hamid, not Julius Caesar's assassins, not the leader of the Visigoths, no, it's Hitler.

"...like some of histories' biggest mass murders: Hitler, Stalin, or Korin Armchot of Steadius II"

rule of 3's every time.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Star Trek: Daystrom Institute Grants Administration Office. A team of 5 promising young grants administrators struggle to set aright the course of science and technology in the face of a universe where the number one problem remains the scourge of holographic friction burns along the genitals and anuses, blowholes and uncategorizable meatuses of the federation populace. The grants administration team rushes to clear space in the selected speaker rostrum out of the continual glut and influx of returning science officers making their way back to the heart of the alpha quadrant from an endless number of harrowing, years long, lost-in-deep-space scenarios whereby they made it through only on the hopes of getting back to Federation space so they could share their ultimately trivial, but perilously important at the time, mixing of two desperate technologies to boost the performance of a third system. The first season finale comes to a cliffhanger climax when it is realized by the Jr. Adjutant Ensign grants administrator Brillbips from the Braxian Enclave that there is no such thing tangible as a "grant" in a post-monetary civilization.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Time travelers murdered Hitler in the only temporally responsible way, directly before his suicide. Why do you think he "shot himself" instead of taking a cyanide capsule like Ava?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Germstore posted:

Time travelers murdered Hitler in the only temporally responsible way, directly before his suicide. Why do you think he "shot himself" instead of taking a cyanide capsule like Ava?

Now I'm imagining a time traveling serial killer who knows goes around killing people right before they would have died anyway.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Nondescript Van posted:

"...like some of histories' biggest mass murders: Hitler, Stalin, or Korin Armchot of Steadius II"

rule of 3's every time.

it's a very sensible rule

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

it's a very sensible rule

, useful guideline and a positive dictum as used by the Flaynox people of Gamma Seven.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
Star Trek: Custodial

a show about a bunch of loving janitors with petty family drama and bullshit tasks from admin. it lasts for one 13-episode season and is then canceled. most civilized peoples roll their eyes at it, the british loving gobble it up because they can't help themselves from compulsively loving anything that embraces and celebrates the inescapable mediocrity of the gray, dull lives they lead in a nation shattered by a mad woman decades ago

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

shadow puppet of a posted:

, useful guideline and a positive dictum as used by the Flaynox people of Gamma Seven.

20% correct as usual, morty

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Kitchner posted:

No I genuinely like First Contact as it's own movie. The Bad Guy is a good Bad Guy, you get to see Earth before it was all like "Hey we live in a utopia and everything is perfect" and the movie ends with the first contact with the Vulcans, which is like "Oh poo poo and this is like where the whole thing started"

The two things that ruined First Contact weren't even in the film.

The first thing was Picard kills the Borg Queen and everyone is like "HA! The Hive Mind is hosed" and then in Voyager the Queen is just like "Sup guys. Oh yeah killing me makes no difference".

The next was that the gap between the Vulcans being like "Holy poo poo these humans are dirty barbarians" and TOS was cool left unexplored. It could have been cool if Enterprise had explored this time properly, but it didn't so watching First Contact's ending now doesn't have the same feeling.

borg queen was a terrible idea anyway

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Chomp8645 posted:

Now I'm imagining a time traveling serial killer who knows goes around killing people right before they would have died anyway.

The bad tv version of Time Cop had an interesting twist to their whole time travel police thing. They discover a dude had been loving with time but he wasn't showing up on their instruments because his hosed with version of time was their timeline.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Delsaber posted:

Star Trek: Archer, just Enterprise episodes redone with Sterling Archer taking the place of Jonathan Archer.

then we'll have one season called:

Star Trek: Vice - don't worry about any of this poo poo

My Q-Face posted:

Hitler didn't have any kids, whereas who know how many people would be instantly wiped out of existence if you murdered Genghis Khan!

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/gnxp/2010/08/1-in-200-men-direct-descendants-of-genghis-khan/#.VhxDnBNViko

(no idea how legitimate this is e: also didnt click or read)

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Star Trek: Citizen of the Federation which follows our hero as he gets up every morning and tells the computer to teleport all the dirt, grime and bacteria off his body, then tells the computer to teleport clothes onto him, then goes into the holodeck where he is programming a sex partner with eight boobs and a tiny black hole for a mouth. Every once in a while, he goes out to "dinner" at this wacky hipster retro place called "sisko's" where they actually make food by hand instead of just staying home and having the computer beam food into his mouth.

In Season Two, he gets a 'job' on a freighter that drives itself and spends his days playing a video game that plugs directly into his brain and smoking replicated weed

Edit also the freighter doesn't really move anything because the main character has a machine in his house that can create stuff at a molecular level, so it's more like a really big cosplay hobby

Tujague fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Oct 13, 2015

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

My Q-Face posted:

There should have been an episode where Data is forced to assassinate Ayn Rand or the Federation never comes to pass

Eventually he reasons it's cool because she was objectively evil

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

I would like to see a Star Trek series that is about 4 or 5 seasons long, with about 10 -14 episodes a season, in which each season has its own story and characters centered around one certain plot. For example, there could be a military coup taking place on the Klingon home world. One season would be about a Klingon crew, who are trying to keep the empire together, another season would be about the Romulans who are instigating the coup, one season could be about a federation crew trying to figure out what is going on, and the final season would mash all the characters together for the conclusion. Or maybe the plot could be like a lengthy version of "All good things" in which each season covers a crew in a different time with the final season being everyone thrown together. Crazy option would be to do it American Horror Story style; same actors, different story each season. Imagine a whole season of Star Trek where the TNG crew plays a Klingon crew or whatever, would be kind of a fun mindwarp.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
Guys the obvious one is a HBO show called Section 31.

Its just a spy thriller show about Section 31 shenanigans where the characters are faced with genuine moral dilemmas. Not like "Should we save this alien race from utter destruction, but noooo the prime directive" but like "This Romulan agent is planning some nasty poo poo but we could never take him to trial, should we assassinate him?".

Obviously as it's a HBO show they should gently caress a lot of aliens who get their tits out all the time.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Kitchner posted:

Guys the obvious one is a HBO show called Section 31.

Its just a spy thriller show about Section 31 shenanigans where the characters are faced with genuine moral dilemmas. Not like "Should we save this alien race from utter destruction, but noooo the prime directive" but like "This Romulan agent is planning some nasty poo poo but we could never take him to trial, should we assassinate him?".

Obviously as it's a HBO show they should gently caress a lot of aliens who get their tits out all the time.

Way to bury the lede.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

IncredibleIgloo posted:

I would like to see a Star Trek series that is about 4 or 5 seasons long, with about 10 -14 episodes a season, in which each season has its own story and characters centered around one certain plot. For example, there could be a military coup taking place on the Klingon home world. One season would be about a Klingon crew, who are trying to keep the empire together, another season would be about the Romulans who are instigating the coup, one season could be about a federation crew trying to figure out what is going on, and the final season would mash all the characters together for the conclusion. Or maybe the plot could be like a lengthy version of "All good things" in which each season covers a crew in a different time with the final season being everyone thrown together. Crazy option would be to do it American Horror Story style; same actors, different story each season. Imagine a whole season of Star Trek where the TNG crew plays a Klingon crew or whatever, would be kind of a fun mindwarp.

i kinda like this

Shadow fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Oct 13, 2015

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Germstore posted:

Way to bury the lede.

Well I mean since I said HBO I thought it was obvious. You'd be surprised how many secret alien plots can be uncovered via graphic sexual encounters with aliens.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Star Trek: The Musical! Get Joss Whedon to write and score it and everyone will love it. They might not ADMIT to loving it... but oh, they'll love it.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Star Trek: Dogville Edition

Empty Set with the Enterprise floor plan taped to the ground. Entire effects budget can be blown on sound only. 3+ hour long episodes. Hours spent debating and reinforcing the Prime Directive only to ignore it at the first practical opportunity (just like every other version of the show). Stellan Skarsgard's scrotum will be a new antagonist. New crew member: invisible barking dog. A Lars von Trier joint.

Rattus Amicus
Mar 8, 2007

Star Trek: Risa

Tells the story of 5 young adults from earth (2 couples and a loner stoner, who acts as a comic relief), who visit the pleasure planet Risa on their vacation. They travel with a shuttle owned by Chris' father, blasting music all the way. On their way, they stop on a weird backward asteroid inhabited only by a creepy old man, to stock up on Dilithium crystals and to buy some illegal replicator patterns. Once in their destination, they immediately head for the pool. Bikinis, drinks, music. But something is terribly wrong, and our protagonists are going to find out what, one by one. Are they on Risa at all? Is everything they see just a holodeck simulation? What happened to Bree, who disappeared on her way to replicate herself a new bikini after Clays stupid antics in the pool?

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Star Trek: Macquis

A series following the exploits of a Federation dirt farmer living in the Cardassian demilitarized zone, giving us an insight on why anyone would want to live there when they could live anywhere else in the luxury that being part of a utopian post scarcity civilization provides and not have to worry about being wiped out by the Cardassians at any moment.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Star Trek: The Voyager Home

In this special anniversary reunion show, the crew of Voyager must time travel to Earth to ensure the crew of the Enterprise get whales back to their time.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

EvilTaytoMan posted:

Star Trek: Macquis

A series following the exploits of a Federation dirt farmer living in the Cardassian demilitarized zone, giving us an insight on why anyone would want to live there when they could live anywhere else in the luxury that being part of a utopian post scarcity civilization provides and not have to worry about being wiped out by the Cardassians at any moment.

it's because they're the spacefuture equivalent of assholes who are so against vaccination they'd rather homeschool their kids

if they had cars i bet they'd have "wolf 359 was an inside job" bumper stickers

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

You could see their point though, given that the enemy at Wolf 359 was led by a Starfleet captain wholeheartedly using his knowledge of the federation to serve the military interests of its enemies and after the whole mess was over Starfleet Command just gives him his old job back like he wasn't complicit in the murder of thousands of officers and civilians lmao

The Bible
May 8, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 25 hours!
Locutus did nothing wrong.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

it's because they're the spacefuture equivalent of assholes who are so against vaccination they'd rather homeschool their kids

Ok, then change it to the perspective of a Cardassian Gul assigned to the area for peacekeeping having to put up with these crazy Federation fundies and slowly gives into "accidentally" allowing the Cardassian colonists who are just as bad to arm themselves and wage war on them in the vague hope that they'll do everyone a favour by wiping eachother out.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
I do like the idea of having more "all-alien" episodes. I think Klingon gets too clunky being juxtaposed all the time to the stuffy Starfleet stuff. I'd like a mini-series or maybe just a three-part kung-fu style cheesy adventure story of a bunch of Klingons competing to do something. Maybe play up the Asian influences on their culture, have a martial arts tournament with a murder sub plot and some hot Klingon cheeks in leotards and

wait what were we talking about again

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
One of the characters should be an Earthican human who's out of place. Also, since the protagonist of the story is one of the officers of the native alien species, we should see everything from his point of view and the human character, whenever he's around, should be regarded as odd. Basically a human Worf. Doesn't fit in with humans when they meet up with a Federation/Earth ship or station, and doesn't really fit in with the native aliens.

LETS MAKE THIS

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
This is HBO right because the Klingon show should be basically Rome meets Game of Thrones meets Ip Man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
the human character is none other than Reginald Barclay.

• Locked thread