Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Vegetable posted:

Finally rewatching Season 1 now. It really feels quite a bit different from the other seasons. The biggest difference is here, Britta is not yet rendered into an idiot. In fact she occasionally outmaneuvers Jeff and it's incredibly satisfying.

The production values are also way higher and the whole thing feels less cartoony.

Vegetable posted:

Finally rewatching Season 1 now. It really feels quite a bit different from the other seasons. The biggest difference is here, Britta is not yet rendered into an idiot. In fact she occasionally outmaneuvers Jeff and it's incredibly satisfying.

The production values are also way higher and the whole thing feels less cartoony.

Vegetable posted:

The production values were because they had the money to shoot outdoors. After substandard ratings you notice that until season six they basically just shot around the Paramount lot. (I think they're all seasons that go outside less than the Flashback ep.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Golden Bee posted:

The production values were because they had the money to shoot outdoors. After substandard ratings you notice that until season six they basically just shot around the Paramount lot. (I think they're all seasons that go outside less than the Flashback ep.)

It's season three where you start to notice the lack of money, season two still had a reasonable budget.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Season 2 they really tried to hide it, but in 3, 4, & 5 everything is indoors.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

GoutPatrol posted:

Season 2 they really tried to hide it, but in 3, 4, & 5 everything is indoors.

I've been listening to old Harmontown podcasts lately, and Dan said (possibly as a joke) that Subway was the reason they'd be able to film outside in season 6.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

prefect posted:

I've been listening to old Harmontown podcasts lately, and Dan said (possibly as a joke) that Subway was the reason they'd be able to film outside in season 6.

Well that's going to make for an awkward situation if they want to have a season 7 and still film outside.

Or are they still sticking to the "six seasons and a movie" meme?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The situation with the contracts is such that we're much more likely to get a movie than a seventh season.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Bring back Chevy.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
There isn't going to be a season 7

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax

Austrian mook posted:

There isn't going to be a season 7

I hope there isn't. The show has been on borrowed time for way too long. It'd be better if there was finally a send-off, and if Harmon wants to do more stuff with the actors/staff maybe make a new series with a new premise.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

I finally finished the last couple episodes of season 6. I thought the season overall was good but it was definitely showing that it was time to wrap it up as well. I'm not sure what the opinion on the "series" finale is but I thought it was pretty good. The part where Chang farted while listing the seasons made me laugh unreasonably hard at least.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
I thought it was kind of rich to do that while simultaneously making a heartfelt plea for it to be okay for TV to have a bad day.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

qntm posted:

I thought it was kind of rich to do that while simultaneously making a heartfelt plea for it to be okay for TV to have a bad day.

I thought it was kind of rich when Harmon has made entire swaths of episode that are more like a full blown poo poo than a fart.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

The communitary's pretty great, it's nice to hear all the little details. Like they deliberately stopped editing out Danny Pudi's natural smiles and things more and more as season six progressed to ramp up to the idea of him being functional enough to leave for LA at the end.

juniperjones
Apr 27, 2012

Vegetable posted:

Yeah, I really liked Britta's characterization in season one. I think that may be the main thing that makes it my favorite season. Plus it's more funny TO ME.

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process
Oddly the line that totally sold me on Community was the line from S1 "it's Tweedle-Dum and even tweedler-dum". I was so sure they were going to use the oft-repeated joke of tweedle-dumber or tweedle-dumbass or something like that. Loved that bit of writing.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

It's here!

MeowMeowBeenz is now a reality drat it was so close!

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Cerepol posted:

It's here!

MeowMeowBeenz is now a reality drat it was so close!

Ha, just realized this earlier today and came to post it.

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

My mother won't let me grow a goatee.
My mom just called to tell me Dan & Erin are getting divorced and she's afraid he's going to kill himself (the Harmontown documentary really touched her)

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
When you factor in the possibility of unintentional suicide-by-vodka it's actually a pretty legitimate concern.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Realtalk Dan Harmon is wayyyyy too loving egotistical to kill himself. he's literally said this, verbatim, multiple times

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!
Important things first.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Who is thesixler

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

a cop posted:

Who is thesixler

Spencer.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Who is spencer?

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

a cop posted:

Who is spencer?

Annie's brother.

(And Dan Harmon's PA/game master)

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Mustached5thGrader posted:

My mom just called to tell me Dan & Erin are getting divorced and she's afraid he's going to kill himself (the Harmontown documentary really touched her)

They were going to couples therapy way before they actually got married; I can't believe they're already breaking up.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

This Harmon fella strikes me as a guy who doesn't make good life choices.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

prefect posted:

They were going to couples therapy way before they actually got married; I can't believe they're already breaking up.

The fact that they needed to be in couples therapy practically from the start is why I can definitely believe they're already getting divorced, but it does suck and I feel bad for both of these people I don't know. :smith:

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

It also wasn't a good sign when Erin went on a month-long solo soul-searching trip to Ireland less than a year into the marriage.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

The Dark One posted:

It also wasn't a good sign when Erin went on a month-long solo soul-searching trip to gently caress tour of Ireland on Dan's dime less than a year into the marriage.

Fixed that for you. The whole thing smacks of Erin being blinded by Dan's money until the harsh reality of being permanently attached to him kicked in after the marriage. People don't change, so Dan was always going to be an abusive drunk. If you don't know that when you say yes to the dress, that's 100% on you.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Irish Joe posted:

Fixed that for you. The whole thing smacks of Erin being blinded by Dan's money until the harsh reality of being permanently attached to him kicked in after the marriage. People don't change, so Dan was always going to be an abusive drunk. If you don't know that when you say yes to the dress, that's 100% on you.

Which episode is this Winger quote from?

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Irish Joe posted:

Man, How annoyed were you being unable to comment for two days after the announcement?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Cerepol posted:

Man, How annoyed were you being unable to comment for two days after the announcement?

I am glad he is dead

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Cerepol posted:

Hes correct

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

And how annoyed were you having to wait two days to agree with Irish Joe?

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

El Tortuga posted:

And how annoyed were you having to wait two days to agree with Irish Joe?

Nobody knows what you're talking about

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Austrian mook posted:

I think I know.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

Austrian mook posted:

Because I've seen you agree with Irish Joe before? I dunno. I'm really torn up by this news so it's hard to be funny right now.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Looks like we won't be able to agree with Irish Joe any more, whether we want to or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

El Tortuga posted:

Because I've seen you agree with Irish Joe before? I dunno. I'm really torn up by this news so it's hard to be funny right now.

I agree and disagree with lots of different people, if you find yourself consistently agreeing with only the same people you might have a problem.

• Locked thread