Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Nothing else interesting to buy with my GP so far and I'm far away from things on my shopping list.

I'm considering the Digi, and EMP grenades. As well as the Explosive Protection patch. What do you guys think about those?

EMP might be good for clearing crowded rooms that have baddies spread out all over the place so an HE won't get them all, and DIGI might be good for dropping one in open areas as you're carrying the flag or capping a DOM point?

Also I combined my Tox patch with my anti-Tox helmet. It's a really useful combination against tox damage of any sort. :)

Edit: Oh, and theJumpOff. Your suggestion for Safehold works really really well.

Artificer fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Oct 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Artificer posted:

Nothing else interesting to buy with my GP so far and I'm far away from things on my shopping list.

I'm considering the Digi, and EMP grenades. As well as the Explosive Protection patch. What do you guys think about those?

EMP might be good for clearing crowded rooms that have baddies spread out all over the place so an HE won't get them all, and DIGI might be good for dropping one in open areas as you're carrying the flag or capping a DOM point?

Also I combined my Tox patch with my anti-Tox helmet. It's a really useful combination against tox damage of any sort. :)

Edit: Oh, and theJumpOff. Your suggestion for Safehold works really really well.

Get a Hammer

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

I already do. :v:

Edit: I already have one. Dammit Switch. :negative:

Artificer fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Oct 11, 2015

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Artificer posted:

I already do. :v:

He done did!

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Baroness Kanan-Zelaya of the minor House of Carbon

Artificer posted:

All three of those are really awesome if you remember they exist.

Explosive patch is super key for CTF and KOTH, and stacked with the explosive helmet really takes the edge off of some of the explosives spam.

Digi nades will give hardsuits and IR scopes a tough time if you need to buy some time, in addition to the obvious benefits of a digital smoke cloud. I'm still figuring out the best places on maps to actually deploy them while not screwing up my own vision. Combine with a barricade and you'll have enough cover to cap any point, though the barricade by itself is enough most of the time.

EMP grenades absolutely mess up agent and HS electronics for 5+ seconds if you land it right on them, but don't really do any damage besides that. It takes surprisingly more precision than you'd expect and works best when you have a buddy to take advantage, as the wind-up + throw time will get you shot in a 1v1. Shock grenade might be more your alley for scoring kills + EMP effect, as it does 300 in its radius.

All the elemental helmets rock with their respective patches. I've been using the incendiary helmet to shrug off incendiary BARs, and it's been hilarious.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

40 Proof Listerine posted:

All three of those are really awesome if you remember they exist.

Explosive patch is super key for CTF and KOTH, and stacked with the explosive helmet really takes the edge off of some of the explosives spam.

Digi nades will give hardsuits and IR scopes a tough time if you need to buy some time, in addition to the obvious benefits of a digital smoke cloud. I'm still figuring out the best places on maps to actually deploy them while not screwing up my own vision. Combine with a barricade and you'll have enough cover to cap any point, though the barricade by itself is enough most of the time.

EMP grenades absolutely mess up agent and HS electronics for 5+ seconds if you land it right on them, but don't really do any damage besides that. It takes surprisingly more precision than you'd expect and works best when you have a buddy to take advantage, as the wind-up + throw time will get you shot in a 1v1. Shock grenade might be more your alley for scoring kills + EMP effect, as it does 300 in its radius.

All the elemental helmets rock with their respective patches. I've been using the incendiary helmet to shrug off incendiary BARs, and it's been hilarious.

Hm I don't think it's possible to buy the other elemental helmets anymore. I've only got the tox one.

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Artificer posted:

Hm I don't think it's possible to buy the other elemental helmets anymore. I've only got the tox one.
Post-parity it's still possible to "buy" them, by giving HSL your precious dollars by purchasing the 300-ZEN random helmet packs, which currently is the only source for them.

As far as random packs go, the random helmet pack is pretty decent if you're going to drop $$$, since most of the helmets in there you can't get and if you get one of the unique-skinned regular helmets that's one less helmet to perm.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Finally got to play with some of you guys. Switchblade, Maddot, ClassyLady and someone else. I was the terrible guy getting stuck on the level geometry all the time :downs: I sent friend requests but you probably ignored them. I never was able to get into the GOON clan before the parity patch. Clan invites are broken right now aren't they?

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Wamdoodle posted:

Finally got to play with some of you guys. Switchblade, Maddot, ClassyLady and someone else. I was the terrible guy getting stuck on the level geometry all the time :downs: I sent friend requests but you probably ignored them. I never was able to get into the GOON clan before the parity patch. Clan invites are broken right now aren't they?

Yeah, they are. But friend invites still work at least. Send one to Peacelock too. That way I can know when you're on as well.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Wamdoodle posted:

Might have been me, the other terrible goon

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Improbable Lobster posted:

Might have been me, the other terrible goon

Well you're better than I am because I was getting owned in the face, repeatedly.

Artificer posted:

Yeah, they are. But friend invites still work at least. Send one to Peacelock too. That way I can know when you're on as well.

Will do :)

Also, anyone else feel free to send a request to me. Name is Wamdoodle.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

I ran into an interesting bug this weekend. In the customization screen it says that I have 220 HP but sometimes when I enter a match I only have 199 HP. I first noticed it when LGD one shot me with a 200 dmg bar. I'm rocking the "Doom Guy" helmet, Armcom "tryhard" chest everyone uses, and the Piranha legs.

Well, I'm dumb. I was wearing the R7 Skirmisher.

Edit: felt like adding some content so here are my latest murder machines!

HAR for mid range encounters. The idea is to be just accurate enough to land all my shots at mid-range but enough damage to 3 shot 200-204 HP builds and everyone in 4 shots.

HAR for long range encounters. A bit less damage but I can pop 2 head-shots a trigger squeeze into a BAR user from across Containment.

M4X murder machine. This gun wrecks in CQC and mid range. Not as good as an SMG but a good weapon with some flavor. Not sold on my scope choice.

SwitchbladeKult fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Oct 12, 2015

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

SwitchbladeKult posted:

I ran into an interesting bug this weekend. In the customization screen it says that I have 220 HP but sometimes when I enter a match I only have 199 HP. I first noticed it when LGD one shot me with a 200 dmg bar. I'm rocking the "Doom Guy" helmet, Armcom "tryhard" chest everyone uses, and the Piranha legs.

Well, I'm dumb. I was wearing the R7 Skirmisher.

Doom Guy?

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Ranger helm I'm guessing

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Allied APC Ranger vs. Doom Guy

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

SwitchbladeKult posted:

That is an excellent looking helmet, yes.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

SwitchbladeKult posted:

This makes me want to do a Doom Guy challenge...

Rules:
1) Must be wearing the APC Ranger Helmet and the fastest armor you own.
2) Can only use Stun Shurikens (resembles the spiked fists from Doom), Shotgun, Rocket Launcher and Railgun (closest thing to the plasma gun I can think of)
3) No ADS allowed (except for rockets)

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

The Jumpoff posted:

Rules:
2) Can only use Stun Shurikens (resembles the spiked fists from Doom), Shotgun, Rocket Launcher and Railgun (closest thing to the plasma gun I can think of)

Doesn't he have a chain gun as well?

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

Artificer posted:

Doesn't he have a chain gun as well?

Oh yeah, so the minigun is legal as well.

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

The Jumpoff posted:

Rules:

You also get a pistol if you wanted one. Maybe the light pistol as I don't know of any of the others. I just use the shotgun.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

Gaghskull posted:

You also get a pistol if you wanted one. Maybe the light pistol as I don't know of any of the others. I just use the shotgun.

Given that the Doom pistol is based off a Berreta M9 pistol, which is chambered in 9mm, Light Pistol is the only acceptable one to use.

But the shotgun is the best choice.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

The Jumpoff posted:

Given that the Doom pistol is based off a Berreta M9 pistol, which is chambered in 9mm, Light Pistol is the only acceptable one to use.

But the shotgun is the best choice.

So that means Blacklight agents can take...6-7 9mm shots? Man we are made of steel. To be fair we can also take 4 or 5 AR rounds so all that realism goes straight out the window.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Artificer posted:

So that means Blacklight agents can take...6-7 9mm shots? Man we are made of steel. To be fair we can also take 4 or 5 AR rounds so all that realism goes straight out the window.

Pink cyborg ninjas...

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

Artificer posted:

I always figured, since the base HP was 150, any bullets dealing damage above that just hits your armor. It's only below 150 where agents start getting actually injured and stuff.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

The Jumpoff posted:

I always figured, since the base HP was 150, any bullets dealing damage above that just hits your armor. It's only below 150 where agents start getting actually injured and stuff.

Yeah at 150 you're wearing a plastic Halloween mask, a rain jacket, and...pants.

Though that still doesn't explain how the heal injector works above 150. Oh well, video games~ :v:

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Artificer posted:

In Doom multiplayer bullets do 5-15 damage based on a rng table of 5,10,15. So, technically, at max diceroll damage, 100 hp 0 armor Doomguy falls with the 7th pistol shot.

Source: 15 years of Doom multiplayer skill

This was your top tier video game nerd post of the day.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

The Jumpoff posted:

Rules:

I'm ready! :getin:

Max Cool Doomguy!

Max Speed Doomguy!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

SwitchbladeKult posted:

I'm ready! :getin:

Max Cool Doomguy!

Max Speed Doomguy!

No ab window, voted 1

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Improbable Lobster posted:

No ab window, voted 1

On that note, the characters without helmets are so expressionless. I guess that's why they all wear helmets in the first place :stare:

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Wamdoodle posted:

On that note, the characters without helmets are so expressionless. I guess that's why they all wear helmets in the first place :stare:

Everyone in the game actually suffers from severe, SEVERE, PTSD.

And Botox.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

SwitchbladeKult posted:

M4X murder machine. This gun wrecks in CQC and mid range. Not as good as an SMG but a good weapon with some flavor. Not sold on my scope choice.

I'm less sold on the muzzle. Getting up to 50 damage is a pretty substantial advantage in my opinion. The Vulcan Power Break gets you there and represents only a fairly minor hit to your spread.

edit: I often use the ArmCom Power Muzzle because the Vulcan looks doofy for superior recoil control though

LGD fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Oct 13, 2015

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

So, did some testing with the Snub 260.

The hip-fire on that thing drops to super tight to non-existent depending on your cylinder if you crouch with it. You can dump 600 RPM loving across the map and inspire quite the reaction.

The High Caliber cylinder will let you two-shot at a decently long range but is jussst shy of perfect accuracy, while the Precision Cylinder has 0.00º spread when crouched and an extra bullet. I'm torn on which to pick, but all the options are hilarious.

It's on sale for ZEN right now, too, but not GP. Darn you, HSL!

40 Proof Listerine fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Oct 13, 2015

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Revolver isn't super great in CQC unless you can ADS quickly. I'm poo poo at aiming though.

I haven't seen many people use the Snub though.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

LGD posted:

I'm less sold on the muzzle. Getting up to 50 damage is a pretty substantial advantage in my opinion. The Vulcan Power Break gets you there and represents only a fairly minor hit to your spread.

edit: I often use the ArmCom Power Muzzle because the Vulcan looks doofy for superior recoil control though

Are you using the damage tag because this is what I see when I try to equip the Power Break:

Edit:

Yep. But that's good to know. I didn't realize you could get 50 with that setup.

SwitchbladeKult fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Oct 13, 2015

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Due to the high level of returning and new players it is time to repost...

:siren: MUMBLE INFO :siren:

Address: neckbeards.murmur.nfoservers.com
Port: 14150

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Point and laugh with us! Muwhaha!

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Decided to put together a video of some HAR action! I think the HAR is my favorite gun at the moment that isn't silly over powered. It's really making me change up my play style. Notice how much I aim now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_LiRJxGx0A

I also found out there are two new maps! You can only see them if you go into practice mode. They look like a lot of fun, way more fun than Crash Site.

Rig

Convoy

SwitchbladeKult fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Oct 18, 2015

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Decided to put together a video of some HAR action! I think the HAR is my favorite gun at the moment that isn't silly over powered. It's really making me change up my play style. Notice how much I aim now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_LiRJxGx0A

I also found out there are two new maps! You can only see them if you go into practice mode. They look like a lot of fun, way more fun than Crash Site.

Rig

Convoy

I actually managed to get a game on Rig. It is surprisingly campy and chokepointy when actual humans play it.

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

The Light is the power of Dance

Oh hey they actually colored Rig, on PS4 it used to cause the host to crash 100% of the time, I'm not a fan of the oddball lines of sight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

It looks like a fun clusterfuck.

• Locked thread