Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Guess I'll keep rollin' as I am, then. I don't need/want to go back and do White Orchard in its entirety, do I?

Is there ever a point where I get more cash? For a mercenary for hire I seem to be constantly poor :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Ciaphas posted:

Guess I'll keep rollin' as I am, then. I don't need/want to go back and do White Orchard in its entirety, do I?

Is there ever a point where I get more cash? For a mercenary for hire I seem to be constantly poor :saddowns:

only reason to go back is to be a completionist, or to go get the 2 witcher gear swords there if you have not already

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

WoodrowSkillson posted:

only reason to go back is to be a completionist, or to go get the 2 witcher gear swords there if you have not already

It's also an easy location to get the "have all 5 signs augmented by Places of Power at once" cheevo.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Ciaphas posted:

Game will be rough for about the first ten levels or so, after that your skills and equipment start to level out and you're rolling in enough gold to take care of your needs. Find a couple of contracts to do, haggle up the price a bit, make sure you sell things to the correct merchants to get the best price.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Also the ?'s have loot which you can sell for cash.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I've just completed MGSV and wanted to try the other biggest release this year, and at £20 I couldn't pass it up. I downloaded it, installed it and patched it before launching (All through GoG part downloads) and man does it look promising but it runs like absolute dogshit on my PC.

I'm running an Intel i5 2500k and a Geforce 760GTX, so while my PC isn't poo poo hot it's good enough to run most modern day games smoothly at reasonable graphical settings, but it's just not the case with this game. I'm having to run it at low res on medium to low graphical settings and I'm just struggling to get more than 20 - 30FPS at any given times. I'm running it in fullscreen and it doesn't really seem to help, hair effects and everything are off. Any advice?

E: Going to try installing it through GoG Galaxy just in case, but I kind of doubt this'll be the case because it's a fresh install.

Songbearer fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Oct 12, 2015

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Songbearer posted:

I've just completed MGSV and wanted to try the other biggest release this year, and at £20 I couldn't pass it up. I downloaded it, installed it and patched it before launching (All through GoG part downloads) and man does it look promising but it runs like absolute dogshit on my PC.

I'm running an Intel i5 2500k and a Geforce 760GTX, so while my PC isn't poo poo hot it's good enough to run most modern day games smoothly at reasonable graphical settings, but it's just not the case with this game. I'm having to run it at low res on medium to low graphical settings and I'm just struggling to get more than 20 - 30FPS at any given times. I'm running it in fullscreen and it doesn't really seem to help, hair effects and everything are off. Any advice?

Overclock that CPU and definitely your GPU, but that is a bit underwhelming. Not entirety unexpected though, I have a 960m in my laptop (roughly equivalent to a 750ti) and I can run TW3 @ 30FPS @high @ 1600x900.

So I mean you have to be mindful that you're not getting close to 60 FPS @ 1080p, but beyond that you are getting underwhelming numbers.

E: update your drivers if you haven't yet

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Are there any out-of-the-way ?s in Skellige that are worth it?

I've gotten all of them on the main islands (where there are quests, contracts, or hunts), and a couple that I got boating around a bit. I also made sure to get all the Places of Power.

But I don't have the patience or time to go to 50 smuggler caches. :(

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Crows Turn Off posted:

Are there any out-of-the-way ?s in Skellige that are worth it?

I've gotten all of them on the main islands (where there are quests, contracts, or hunts), and a couple that I got boating around a bit. I also made sure to get all the Places of Power.

But I don't have the patience or time to go to 50 smuggler caches. :(

Every single one in the open water is a smuggler's cache or spoils of war so those are definitely not worth it.

The ones actually on little islands are sometimes a bit more interesting (i.e. guarded/hidden treasures)

The most interesting thing out there though is a Level 48 archgriffin. I have no idea why there's one single super powerful enemy like that in the whole game but it's pretty cool to figure out a way to beat it.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Did they fix the dlc breaking in NG+ yet?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

The new dlc is out on steam now. Any idea how to start it from inside the game world?

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

man nurse posted:

The new dlc is out on steam now. Any idea how to start it from inside the game world?

It literally just dropped. Outside of maybe comte, you might have to wait a bit to get a reply.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Songbearer posted:

E: Going to try installing it through GoG Galaxy just in case, but I kind of doubt this'll be the case because it's a fresh install.

The new 1.10 patch apparently boned people performancewise. Try installing it with 1.084.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
You can either do it in straight new game or some notice board with existing save. Try checking Oxenfurt, it sounds most likely.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

man nurse posted:

I've just installed and started playing it. There are 3 ways it loads. Continue with your current save and it's just added as a new quest in your log as long as you've finished the prologue. Pop ups make sure you're aware of it. Otherwise you can start a new game and it'll appear after the prologue or you can play it as a standalone and it'll load a level 32 and equipped Geralt for you to play with. If you look under New Game in the main menu it's there.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

cheesetriangles posted:

Yes, it's been hotfixed in Steam and GOG.

Aloofa
Apr 24, 2010
Huh, the load times seem tripled since last time I played. Getting killed really sucks now.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I remember seeing a way to track the gwent cards in the patch notes, how do I do that?

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

cheesetriangles posted:

Not for us filthy console peasants.

That's not really their fault though with how slow the patch review is on PSN.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Ummm this is some major spoilers for the dlc so don't look at this spoiler if you aren't like an hour in.

Am I working for Satan?

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

So enchanting seems to be a good money sink in the expansion. I've just given him 5000 gold and the next level needs 10,000! Shame I spent all Geralts gold on crafting all the mastercrafted witcher sets.
Also I really feel sorry for any arachnophobes playing this :stonk:
Wolf packs still the most deadly, though a boar pack is close.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

cheesetriangles posted:

Ummm this is some major spoilers for the dlc so don't look at this spoiler if you aren't like an hour in.

Am I working for Satan?

It would certainly seem so.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I like the Mad Max shouts the bandits yell.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

I just remembered about the comic and read it.
Don't get your hopes up for Iorveth as he's given the Poochie treatment and is dismissed with one line, literally "He went home (to his planet)" :rolleyes:

The plot is dwarf heavy though, yay! and it appears that Saskia ordered her armour several sizes too small. Fans of anime tits will rejoice.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

Helith posted:

I just remembered about the comic and read it.
Don't get your hopes up for Iorveth as he's given the Poochie treatment and is dismissed with one line, literally "He went home (to his planet)" :rolleyes:

The plot is dwarf heavy though, yay! and it appears that Saskia ordered her armour several sizes too small. Fans of anime tits will rejoice.

What comix?

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.

Helith posted:

it appears that Saskia ordered her armour several sizes too small. Fans of anime tits will rejoice.

SHE BREATHES THROUGH HER SKIN

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

man nurse posted:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I met a stranger from a foreign land and I asked him for his Aunty's hat - it's good to have fallen back down the Witcher hole :allears:

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

SHE BREATHES THROUGH HER SKIN

Ah, the Kojima Defence eh. Well I'm not ashamed of my words or my deeds :colbert:
Though tbh if someone had asked me "Helith, what did Saskia do in Vergen between the end of W2 and the start of the war?" I don't think my answer would have been "Had a boob job"

Seriously though, where the hell is Iorveth? I hope he's moved to Toussaint.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Xarn posted:

What comix?

There is a Witcher graphic novel out with another due soon.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Is the D-pad acting weird for anyone else using a gamepad on PC? When I try to use it to navigate the inventory it goes all over the place.

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

The (minor HoS spoilers) wedding sequence is amazing. Everything about it is wonderful.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Swedish Horror posted:

The (minor HoS spoilers) wedding sequence is amazing. Everything about it is wonderful.

Yea the Vlodimir quest was amazing. Right up there with the drinking buddies at Kaer Morhen.

Overall the expansion was ok. Probably because I didn't give 2 fucks about von Emeric and would've rather more screentime been given to O'Dimm.

I think I was still a level short to use the new viper swords. Did anyone find the steel? sword recipe, or whatever one that wasn't in the vault?

I'm curious as to which of the final rewards is the best. The sword seems neat, but I haven't had a chance to play around with it in combat. I'm curious how long the recharge time / hp drain is. Beyond that, I'm guessing the infinite alchemy booze is the best reward.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Where/when does the expansion start? I just got out of White Orchard in my NG+ run and was wondering if i would have to go back the the "game is finished" save to play the expansion.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Dongattack posted:

Where/when does the expansion start? I just got out of White Orchard in my NG+ run and was wondering if i would have to go back the the "game is finished" save to play the expansion.

I think you can get it at any notice board.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
Is the expansion a handful of hours or just a few quests?

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Crap, the DLC questline is level 62 on NG+, not yet then i guess!

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Dongattack posted:

Crap, the DLC questline is level 62 on NG+, not yet then i guess!

Yeah I went back to my non NG+ save just so I could play it.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

pik_d posted:

Yeah I went back to my non NG+ save just so I could play it.

I'm just gonna cheat myself to level 58 or something, i disliked getting quests i couldn't do the first time around a lot.

edit: unrelated, is there a mod that makes Geralt not have veins and stuff on his face when i have a lot of potions going? i want to keep the buffs, but i always find myself meditating before a cutscene to not look like im on meth
edit2: found one

Dongattack fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Oct 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

SectumSempra posted:

Is the expansion a handful of hours or just a few quests?

It's probably 8-9 hours for most people.