Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

Faffel posted:

Isn't DPI irrelevant? Hard to find much writing on it, but it seems like it doesn't effect modern mouse sensors negatively.

Yes, friend. Use 400 or 800 or whatever the hell you want. Use a sensitivity calculator like this one http://www.notalent.org/sensitivity/sensitivity.htm to find out how your sensitivity compares to others, if you give a poo poo.

In counter strike 1.6, a high DPI would cause the client to lock up mouse input because it was being over-loaded, so everyone used 400. In cs: go, I'm not sure if this happens at all, but if it it does it's at very high DPIs. There is no competitive advantage to DPI's higher than 400, as far as anyone knows, but some people use 800 just in case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

Did that last guy just like hide every round or?
Most likely disconnected during round one.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

I will be here to answer any further questions involving the strikes, the countering of strikes, the shooting of heads, and the mousing of turn

black pete
Mar 24, 2015

DON'T MIND ME!

I'LL MAKE JOKES ABOUT RAPE.

Bohemian Nights posted:

When I played 1.6 there were people who had to warm up the barrel of their deagle with a shot in spawn or they were convinced it was less accurate

Oh my god that is completely absurd. That's worse than people who believe that lower res makes it easier to shoot heads because the pixels are physically larger on screen.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Carol Pizzamom posted:

Yes, friend. Use 400 or 800 or whatever the hell you want. Use a sensitivity calculator like this one http://www.notalent.org/sensitivity/sensitivity.htm to find out how your sensitivity compares to others, if you give a poo poo.

In counter strike 1.6, a high DPI would cause the client to lock up mouse input because it was being over-loaded, so everyone used 400. In cs: go, I'm not sure if this happens at all, but if it it does it's at very high DPIs. There is no competitive advantage to DPI's higher than 400, as far as anyone knows, but some people use 800 just in case.

I meant for higher DPI's but yeah. I use DPI basically to control my desktop sensitivity so I can leave my poo poo at 6/11.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Carol Pizzamom posted:

I will be here to answer any further questions involving the strikes, the countering of strikes, the shooting of heads, and the mousing of turn

Why am I so bad?

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Lol I just went 0-2-20 in comp.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

are you bubba gay dudley?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Faffel posted:

are you bubba gay dudley?

I'm.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

Why am I so bad?

Your chair isn't high enough and you don't have enough space to whip around your arm in, and you need to work on your self-confidence.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Magnus Gallant posted:

Lol I just went 0-2-20 in comp.
...On purpose?

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

symbolic posted:

...On purpose?

Nope

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Post demo

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Ok

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

How...?

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Well I bet he had a bad game you see

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

exethan posted:

Well I bet he had a bad game you see
I understand that but not a single kill?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

symbolic posted:

I understand that but not a single kill?

Maybe he got a bunch of kills but also killed his teammates a lot?

I'd be way better at this game if the other side just did ecos all the time.

https://youtu.be/43vT61s6V_g

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Sharpen your knife by hitting walls with it to make it do more damage

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
I'm watching the highlights from my 0-2-20 match. It just started the game like I was watching a normal demo lol.

anyways heres the demo: steam://rungame/730/76561202255233023/+csgo_download_match%20CSGO-ky8C4-j5wqq-vJj24-SAfzO-xbjsF

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

Sharpen your knife by hitting walls with it to make it do more damage

Make it so each knife kill charges up the blade. Once it reaches maximum you can enter Blade Mode and slice people into pieces.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTQIogLBFBs&t=62s

Gabe, please make Jetstream Sam's sword into a knife

Koala Cola
Dec 21, 2005

I am the stone that the builder refused...
Anyone around DMG wanna do some MM send me an invite http://steamcommunity.com/id/koalacola/

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Magnus Gallant posted:

I'm watching the highlights from my 0-2-20 match. It just started the game like I was watching a normal demo lol.

anyways heres the demo: steam://rungame/730/76561202255233023/+csgo_download_match%20CSGO-ky8C4-j5wqq-vJj24-SAfzO-xbjsF

So many expensive skins. So many missed shots.

Didn't even get a kill in warm-up. Shameful.

Edit: At least you're not the guy who bough an M4, kit, flash, and no armor at all.

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Oct 12, 2015

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

So many expensive skins. So many missed shots.

Didn't even get a kill in warm-up. Shameful.

Edit: At least you're not the guy who bough an M4, kit, flash, and no armor at all.

Yeah a real bad game.

I got all my skins for :10bux: I unboxed a M9 bayonet fade fn back when they came out.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Valve lowers your XP bonus if you play too much competitive. :psyduck:

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

we must protect the sanctity of profile XP

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

I care a lot about xp in counter strike global offensive

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

hello internet posted:

I care a lot about xp in counter strike global offensive
Whatever gets me a special badge I can brag about in 2016.

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

Magnus Gallant posted:

bad positioning, bad crosshair placement. you also keep peeking awp angles wide. unless you have confidence in your aim or numbers, you really shouldnt peek. half of your deaths right there.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

fennesz posted:

Valve lowers your XP bonus if you play too much competitive. :psyduck:

thats why its a bonus

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

its not a bonus if you get it all the time. then its just the normal amount

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

black pete posted:

Oh my god that is completely absurd. That's worse than people who believe that lower res makes it easier to shoot heads because the pixels are physically larger on screen.

I feel like I heard this was an actual bug back in the 1.1ish era, but then again I was an idiot teenager at the time so whatever. I like shooting my guns anyway because I'm a fidgety person

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
That's how a lot of early 3d engines worked really.

But in the year of our lord 2015 you can jump and crouch and go prone and fire while jumping

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Smithereens posted:

bad positioning, bad crosshair placement. you also keep peeking awp angles wide. unless you have confidence in your aim or numbers, you really shouldnt peek. half of your deaths right there.

Thanks for taking a look. Time to practice my aim.

ArithianFlame
Feb 8, 2014
Hey guys, a quick question for you. I'm a new player trying to get a start on some of the more advanced technical things.

What key binding (or method) are pro AWP'ers using so switch so quickly from their knife and back, and why are they doing this? I assume it's something related to animation canceling, but hitting Q seems like it would inhibit movement.

The only other binding that really got my interest was for the grenades.

Thanks

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
The human eye sees in 4:3 stretched, though the resolution is better, about 4k.

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life

ArithianFlame posted:

Hey guys, a quick question for you. I'm a new player trying to get a start on some of the more advanced technical things.

What key binding (or method) are pro AWP'ers using so switch so quickly from their knife and back, and why are they doing this? I assume it's something related to animation canceling, but hitting Q seems like it would inhibit movement.

Thanks

If you scope in fire with the awp it will re scope you after you work the bolt action. So you hit Q or your quick change bind twice to change weapons to cancel the scope coming back up

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

ArithianFlame posted:

Thanks

I use this in my autoexec:

bind "mouse4" "+sswitch"
alias "+sswitch" "slot2"
alias "-sswitch" "slot1"

Just something I jury rigged for the mouse thumb button, flick it and it hops to your main weapon, cancelling your scope. Hold it down and you have your pistol out.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
first MM game after many months of not playing was full of good vibes even though we lost

i hold out hope for this game after all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
Still unranked, getting matched up against MGEs, aim is super off today, got owned a lot and couldn't get my 2 wins in today. rip

My mouse (Logitech G500) just suddenly started freaking out mid-match too, like all the DPI settings got cut in half or something.

• Locked thread