Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Good points all. I'm thinking of just putting $25 at him. I can afford it and if someone wants to blow their entire FAAB on him, more power to him. I still have hope Hill will be viable in the second half of the season, although Bernard just looks better than him at the moment. My panic comes from my running backs just being mediocre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Should I drop Stevie to put a claim in on West? 1PPR, already have enough receivers that he is never going to play, and have Knile, thanks!

e;

Also, since I traded Yeldon for Luck, what should I be looking for when trading Rodgers, or even Luck?

Michael Corleone fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Oct 12, 2015

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Ingram for Lacy, thoughts? 1 PPR.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Michael Corleone posted:

Also, since I traded Yeldon for Luck, what should I be looking for when trading Rodgers, or even Luck?

If you wanted to trade Luck away, you could probably get T.J. Yeldon. :slick:

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I'm trying to grab Calvin from the Charles owner and need trade help.

.5 PPR

HIS TEAM

qb: Eli, Russell Wilson
wr: Larry Fitz, Keenan Allen, Calvin, Percy Harvin, Alshon Jeffrey
rb: Charles, Blount, Danny Woodcock, Rashad Jennings
te: Greg Olsen, Rich Rodgers

MY TEAM

qb: Palmer
wr: Julio, Jordan Matthews, Brandon Marshall, Kendall Wright, Rishard Matthews
rb: Forte, Gore, Gurley, Gio Bernard, Melvin Gordon, CJ Spiller
te: Owen Daniels

I offered him Wright, Gio and Gordon for Calvin

he countered Calvin and Rashad Jennings for Gurley and Gio

How does this trade proceed from here? Would you give up Gurley but ask for more? I really don't like giving up Gurley and him playing well is what has inspired me to try trading my depth for talent.

edit: missed a couple receivers on his squad

Tree Dude fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Oct 12, 2015

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

DeepDickPizza posted:

If you wanted to trade Luck away, you could probably get T.J. Yeldon. :slick:

Got an offer of Abdullah and FA added Kelvin Benjamin who would be kept for an 18th(last)rounder. I guess I would keep Luck and AB84 for my first and second, and then Jordy for a 15th, and Benjamin for the 18th, in full PPR, but he said I was punting the season if I did that, probably right, at 2-3 I am not out of it, but have other good players to keep, going to work the phones and try for something better. To be clear I started Yeldon, but didn't real need to, and he was not likely to be kept, I would have kept Melvin Gordon over him.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Got a tempting trade offer. Here's my team.

I get Julio Jones and give Demariyus and Dion Lewis. Not PPR.

Peyton looks quite bad so I'm down to give up on DT. Not sure what I'll do at RB though. Is losing Dion worth the upgrade at WR?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Hello Jamaal my old friend
I've come to claim your knee again

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
I told you to dump Fitzgerald for Luck but THAT SAID I wouldn't do it. Your bench RBs don't currently seem startable. If you can get another RB somewhere else then sure I think that's a pretty fair trade.

Mr. BT
Oct 14, 2002
Need to drop one of these three to pick up a WR:

Clay (TE)
Miller (RB)
CJA (RB)

Who gets the axe?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I'm in a keeper league, I just lost Charles and traded him to an 0-4 team with no keepers for Vereen; my remaining RBs are Anderson, Hill, Gio, Lewis, and Vereen.

my potential keepers and their round values next year:

Rodgers, Cobb - 1st+
Tate - 1st
Landry - 2nd
Gio, Agholor - 3rd
Vereen - 4th
Stevie Johnson, Hill - 9th
Anderson - 15th
Lewis, James Jones - 16th

I'm spending $201 of my remaining $226 (of $300) on West.

:negative:

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Suave Fedora posted:

Hello Jamaal my old friend
I've come to claim your knee again

I don't even own a share of JC, but man am I sad to see his season end with injury, such a great story.

Sheeple
Nov 1, 2011
Need 50 points between Antonio Brown, Keenan Allen and Woodhead to keep the streak alive......

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
I am top on the Waiver Wire after not burning my priority the last few weeks. My RB depth is really good (Ingram, Lewis, Gurley, Martin) so I feel like blowing a priority on Charmander would be dumb. I am much less stacked at WR so would Rishard Matthews be worth using my claim? Concerns are obviously that we don't know how the Miami offense will change given the coaching switch but he is ranked 19th in Half PPR right now.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

MrSargent posted:

I am top on the Waiver Wire after not burning my priority the last few weeks. My RB depth is really good (Ingram, Lewis, Gurley, Martin) so I feel like blowing a priority on Charmander would be dumb. I am much less stacked at WR so would Rishard Matthews be worth using my claim? Concerns are obviously that we don't know how the Miami offense will change given the coaching switch but he is ranked 19th in Half PPR right now.

Why not grab Charmander and make a trade with someone who is struggling at RB?

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Yeah, hoard the starting RBs so people have to trade for them... it works well usually unless you are super super thin at WR.

I have L. Bell, Forsett, McCoy, and Freeman in one league but I still added guys having good games and drop/trade as needed.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
People familiar with ESPN FAAB:

Can I set multiple bids on a player? Say I set $10 for someone. Can I also put in $20, in case someone bids higher than $10, it would go to my higher bid?

Or can you only put in one bid and hope that nobody bids higher?

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Boon posted:

Why not grab Charmander and make a trade with someone who is struggling at RB?

Because when I propose trades, this is a pretty good example of what happens. I proposed the following to the owner starting Darren McFadden and TJ Yeldon at RB. Doug Martin/Golden Tate for Edelman. He didn't want to buy high, so I said Mark Ingram for Edelman straight up. He countered with my Dion Lewis and Antonio Brown for his Lynch/Edelman. As much as I would like to downgrade at both positions, I passed.

It is really hard to trade in my league, so I was wondering if it was worth taking a shot on Matthews or just say gently caress everyone and take all of the RBs.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Eh, the Dolphins are going to pass, a lot. Grabbing the RB denies someone else, but if you need Matthews grab him.

Enforka
Dec 24, 2004

MrSargent posted:

Don't do it. This is the type of situation that you save the #1 waiver wire priority for. Go get Charcandrick and hit up the Jamaal Charles owner in your league. Maybe sell high on Martin if he's not biting on West. Even if you don't get full value, you will be able to get a far better asset at WR than Rishard Matthews this way.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Timett posted:

I'm trying to grab Calvin from the Charles owner and need trade help.

.5 PPR

HIS TEAM

qb: Eli, Russell Wilson
wr: Larry Fitz, Keenan Allen, Calvin, Percy Harvin, Alshon Jeffrey
rb: Charles, Blount, Danny Woodcock, Rashad Jennings
te: Greg Olsen, Rich Rodgers

MY TEAM

qb: Palmer
wr: Julio, Jordan Matthews, Brandon Marshall, Kendall Wright, Rishard Matthews
rb: Forte, Gore, Gurley, Gio Bernard, Melvin Gordon, CJ Spiller
te: Owen Daniels

I offered him Wright, Gio and Gordon for Calvin

he countered Calvin and Rashad Jennings for Gurley and Gio

How does this trade proceed from here? Would you give up Gurley but ask for more? I really don't like giving up Gurley and him playing well is what has inspired me to try trading my depth for talent.

So I offered him Gio for Alshon Jeffrey and he rejected that without counter. I then offered him my opening trade AGAIN but with this quote from someone on another forum in the comment block.

quote:

As a Calvin owner that is insane value for him right now. Hard to say but he isn't worth gio right now not in a ppr especially. He's hurting with Calvin and just lost Charles. If he doesn't offer you the bank and bite your hand off for gio OR Gordon plus a Wright or someone like him on your terms for Calvin and anything else you want then let him Stew. He either makes a big move and sells low on someone for a starter or his seasons probably done already. Someone else might trade with him but only bet he'd rather trade Calvin anyway.

and added "Offer stands but might not if Gordon goes off tonight"

I think that guy I quoted might be a little more down on Calvin than he needs to be but the guy I'm trying to trade with doesn't understand that he isn't in a position of power here.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Now my Eddie Lacy/Mark Ingram swap the guy is trying to pawn off Reuben Randal for D. Thomas as well... lol. That trade looks dead now.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

pangstrom posted:

I told you to dump Fitzgerald for Luck but THAT SAID I wouldn't do it. Your bench RBs don't currently seem startable. If you can get another RB somewhere else then sure I think that's a pretty fair trade.

Would it be insulting to ask him to throw in Hyde?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

MrSargent posted:

I don't even own a share of JC, but man am I sad to see his season end with injury, such a great story.

Across at least three teams per season since 2011, i've owned JC three times. Once was the ill-fated Romeo Crennel era, the other was this season the other was his 2011 season when Rory the Lion's mascot busted his knee. I still love him tho. Only he is allowed to break my heart like that.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

SurgicalOntologist posted:

Would it be insulting to ask him to throw in Hyde?
Probably but hey what do you have to lose, really.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
Need trade advice, thread, please?

Same guy who offered me Stafford + Gore the week before Luck went down injured (I rejected with a "lol") just said to let him know if I'm still interested in moving Luck... I drafted Luck in the second round and have gotten very little value out of him and am having trouble believing he is ever going to return value from behind that o-line.

My team:
His team:

WW QB's:
-loving zilch

Barring a PIT DST TD or two tonight I am going to be 3-2 (welp, 2-3), and have been struggling to produce points so I am kind of desperate.

365 Nog Hogger fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Oct 13, 2015

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

I'm on the right :ohdear:

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Anybody have any idea if there is any truth to the notion that Ameer Abdullah has been benched due to his performance this weekend? Someone in my league just picked him up and I'm a little weak on RB depth right now so I was thinking about trying to make room for Theo Riddick.
.5PPR

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Murmur Twin posted:

I'm on the right :ohdear:

He seems to be getting all of Rivers' targets tonight.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Silly Burrito posted:

He seems to be getting all of Rivers' targets tonight.

I feel like I should be embarrassed about watching a team sport and cheering for a guy on one team to get the ball instead of his teammate, but here we are.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Murmur Twin posted:

I feel like I should be embarrassed about watching a team sport and cheering for a guy on one team to get the ball instead of his teammate, but here we are.

Such is life in The Fantasy Inferno! Also, AB84 took the projected hit, can't believe I am saying this but get well soon Big Ben!

El Ste
Aug 22, 2010

Murmur Twin posted:

Nah. That's literally the only way to consider the game tonight as anything close to resembling entertainment.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

El Ste posted:

Nah. That's literally the only way to consider the game tonight as anything close to resembling entertainment.

It's the most engaged I've been in watching a football game this season! I have to be awake at 6am EST for a meeting tomorrow but I refuse to go to sleep until this game ends. I'm up by .3 and would really really like to see a Gates TD here..

edit: :getin:

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Chill Penguin posted:

Anybody have any idea if there is any truth to the notion that Ameer Abdullah has been benched due to his performance this weekend? Someone in my league just picked him up and I'm a little weak on RB depth right now so I was thinking about trying to make room for Theo Riddick.
.5PPR

The coach all but said that's why he was benched. He fumbled twice. Riddick is pretty much the passing down RB so he should be fairly reliable in .5PPR independent of Abdullah.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Another reminder, the AB84 owner in your league will probably sell this week. Get your offers in.

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

LmaoTheKid posted:

Another reminder, the AB84 owner in your league will probably sell this week. Get your offers in.

Antonio is taking a trip to my bench. gently caress Vick.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I have 60 more points than the second highest scorer and I'm in seventh place after losing to the guy who streamed Bort :shepicide:

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Any rumors as to how long this hamstring will keep Stevie Johnson out?

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

LmaoTheKid posted:

I just traded a lot of my depth for Calvin. Didn't even consider going for Brown. I wonder if I could package something with Gore for him hmm....

edit: apologies for the double post :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I was down 112 to 111.9 until that Bell TD.

:vince: :woop:

• Locked thread