Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

The latest in 3DD printing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

goose fleet posted:

Why does every Republican lady have crazy eyes

That and her face looks like she either just had a stroke or used too much Botox

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

oh jeez I thought this was gonna be some stupid poo poo about atheism

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Chrpno posted:

oh jeez I thought this was gonna be some stupid poo poo about atheism

Actually, it's about ethics in storytelling.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Actually, it's about ethics in neverending storytelling.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

dpack_1 posted:

Ha - ha, very funny, but come on, what is that thing already!?

Dorito's brand nacho cheese flavored tortilla chips.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

You just know he tried to tow that to some girl's house.

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

Here's an image of a cute dog. I think his name is Fwuffy.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Would you fuckers stop posting pictures of goddamn doritos? ?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

gbut posted:

Aw, he made friends with coconut crabs (who are harmless).

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

goose fleet posted:

Their skin is itching beneath those masks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1ddxJECccA&t=40s

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

gbut posted:

Salt the Earth

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

flosofl posted:

Aw, he made friends with coconut crabs (who are harmless).

I'm living on an island with one of the highest, if not the highest populations of coconut crabs* in the entire world (it's a marine conservation area so they breed like crazy and once they hit a certain size nothing fucks with them). Harmless or not, when you see a crustacean with a body almost as big as a women's basketball drop from twenty feet up a loving palm tree and scurry off at light speed you poo poo your pants. Luckily all the big ones live on the far side of the island away from where I sleep.

The baby ones are just little hermie crabs, though, and adorable as all get out.

* The reason for this is that they're evidently delicious, which makes the inner Baltimoron in me very sad. Then again they can also eat sea mangos and become about as toxic as a foxglove plant so free range crabs may not be a good option.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Isn't the reason they're called that because they can break open coconuts? Not an animal I'd want to get in the way of.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

davidspackage posted:

Isn't the reason they're called that because they can break open coconuts? Not an animal I'd want to get in the way of.

They climb coconut trees. Don't know if they eat the fruits.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

goose fleet posted:

What makes you say that

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

Full Metal Jackass posted:

Rito-do. It's not a popular anime, I know.

no it's Cirno from Touhou you mega retard

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Wild T posted:

I'm living on an island with one of the highest, if not the highest populations of coconut crabs* in the entire world (it's a marine conservation area so they breed like crazy and once they hit a certain size nothing fucks with them). Harmless or not, when you see a crustacean with a body almost as big as a women's basketball drop from twenty feet up a loving palm tree and scurry off at light speed you poo poo your pants. Luckily all the big ones live on the far side of the island away from where I sleep.

The baby ones are just little hermie crabs, though, and adorable as all get out.

* The reason for this is that they're evidently delicious, which makes the inner Baltimoron in me very sad. Then again they can also eat sea mangos and become about as toxic as a foxglove plant so free range crabs may not be a good option.

What island is this so I can never ever go there? Seriously, it's really easy for crabs to get to "creepy looking" size. And that size is like, bigger than the palm of your hand. These things are several magnitudes larger.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Choco1980 posted:

What island is this so I can never ever go there? Seriously, it's really easy for crabs to get to "creepy looking" size. And that size is like, bigger than the palm of your hand. These things are several magnitudes larger.

Those are coconut crabs, so pretty much anywhere in the middle to south Pacific.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Dod-a-WORSTBOOKSERIESEVER

Not even close. Even ignoring self-published garbage, it gets a lot worse than The Dark Tower.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Tiggum posted:

Not even close. Even ignoring self-published garbage, it gets a lot worse than The Dark Tower.

Why, did he write a sequel series to The Dark Tower?

:master: :iceburn:

Just kidding. Of course we're speaking of the Game of Thrones series, but I thought that went without saying.

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort

Wikipedia posted:

Coconut crabs may be responsible for the disappearance of Amelia Earhart's remains, consuming them after her death and hoarding her skeletal remnants in their burrows.

:pilot:

budgieinspector
Mar 24, 2006

According to my research,
these would appear to be
Budgerigars.

Erebus posted:

What makes you say that

Who

loving

knows?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
http://i.imgur.com/2axt6UZ.webm

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Well you pretty much have to be crazy to be a Republican woman, so it makes sense.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Heh, those broads with opposing political views. What stupid creatures. If only I, a man with the right views, could show them the way.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Paladinus posted:

Heh, those broads with opposing political views. What stupid creatures. If only I, a man with the right views, could show them the way.

I take it you are a Republican?

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

Paladinus posted:

crazy eyed republican spotted

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Paladinus posted:

Aw, baby got his button pushed.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

Choco1980 posted:

It's Diego Garcia, so good luck even getting here unless you're US/Brit military, a mariner or Filipino contractor willing to work for peanuts. Though as a caveat we have Terrorcrabs but also have a huge population of sea turtles, which are also gigantic but far more adorable. A coworker helped a visiting science team tag a mama turtle laying eggs on the beach, she weighed in at over 300 pounds. It took four grown men, one on each flipper, to hold her until she stopped trying to get away and they could get the tag applied to her shell.

Edit: we also have another species of fairly large land crab, the 'Warrior Crab' or Cardisoma Carnifex. Yes, these blood-red, 6-7" wide , massively-clawed beasts share the Latin name for 'Butcher' with the tank-rending WH40K monsters. I pretty routinely splat them with my truck because they see it coming and zigzag right under the wheels :( They look mean but they're big scaredy cats who just run away from people and hide in their holes.

And because I hate posting to derails without content, there's this. Not an image per se, but a good picture of a man with mental illness who thinks a quiet island in the middle of nowhere is home to secret prisons, government anti-UFO beam weapons and other cool stuff I wish existed here. Really we just kinda sit here quietly holding onto a piece of strategic rock in case a major war breaks out, drinking and fishing a lot.

Wild T has a new favorite as of 12:29 on Oct 13, 2015

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

budgieinspector posted:

Who

loving

knows?

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

gbut posted:

The family is aptly called Coenobitidae

Nanomachine Son
Jan 11, 2007

!

Oh so that's where they got the inspiration for Mars Attacks

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

RFC2324 posted:

I take it you are a Republican?

Panniculus Rift posted:

crazy eyed republican spotted

mind the walrus posted:

Aw, baby got his button pushed.

I am not American and even if I were, I'd rather skipped the country than voted Republican.

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Someone once told me, "Time is a flat circle".

TheOrange posted:

Oh so that's where they got the inspiration for Mars Attacks

You're onto something:

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Quick, someone post pics of crazy-eyed green and libertarian party women!

I Am Crake
Mar 31, 2010

There is so much beautiful in the world if you look around. You are only looking at the dirt under your feet, Jimmy. It's not good for you.
Women :wth:

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

queserasera posted:

Quick, someone post pics of crazy-eyed green and libertarian party women!

Do they even bother photographing US Green Party candidates anymore?

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Now this is equal opportunity mockery I can support.

• Locked thread