Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Icept
Jul 11, 2001

canoshiz posted:

My mouse (Logitech G500) just suddenly started freaking out mid-match too, like all the DPI settings got cut in half or something.

It's trying to tell you to lower your sens.

Icept fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Oct 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Icept posted:

You're not McVey.

Also I played casual for a bit today and ran into two triggerbotters in two separate matches. Sometimes they couldn't hit poo poo, but other times they would turn a corner and get either an instant headshot or snap exactly to where the person was and spray them down. Hopefully there isn't a new cheat going around, since I rarely have run into cheaters in casual before.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i think people are likely to test run their cheats in casual because it's very likely they won't get reported at all. don't play casual if you can help it :v:

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I need help. I need to play a ranked game, but I've heard too many horror stories of queueing with 3 Brazilians and a Peruvian and just can't bring myself to do it. I need someone people to ranked with me. I'm unranked, but I think I was silver 4. It can't be anyone too high because then I can't queue with them. I think I should get a rank again after playing one game, but honestly I haven't really played enough ranked to figure out how ranking works.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

exethan posted:

i think people are likely to test run their cheats in casual because it's very likely they won't get reported at all. don't play casual if you can help it :v:
I prefer casual over MM to be honest. I can gently caress around a lot more in casual.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Safety Scissors posted:

I need help. I need to play a ranked game, but I've heard too many horror stories of queueing with 3 Brazilians and a Peruvian and just can't bring myself to do it. I need someone people to ranked with me. I'm unranked, but I think I was silver 4. It can't be anyone too high because then I can't queue with them. I think I should get a rank again after playing one game, but honestly I haven't really played enough ranked to figure out how ranking works.

just play with voice_enable 0 and you won't know the difference.

symbolic posted:

I prefer casual over MM to be honest. I can gently caress around a lot more in casual.

you can gently caress around in MM too :)

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

exethan posted:

you can gently caress around in MM too :)
I could but MM entails more risk of getting kicked (I usually Solo queue) and risk of losing my rank. I realize rank means nothing but I still don't want to lose it. It's probably just an ego thing.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

I had a casual lobby two nights ago with one guy doing random car/poker trivia while giving skins away. Once he ran out of skins a bunch of other people volunteered some of theirs. Nobody was even googling the answers, everyone was real friendly and having a good time. :shobon:

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

Icept posted:

Running 1.57 at 800 dpi. I realize that's probably pretty high for most players here?

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

This mouse has the incorrect numbers on it! yopos

Safety Scissors posted:

Please don't listen to goons experiences with videogames they are always not worth the attention. Just play a couple games by yourself and meet some people

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
South Americans have their own servers now so your chance at getting matched up with them is small.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
Oh their Betabrand apparel stuff is back in the news feed. Beta brand for beta gamers am I wrong

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

nftyw posted:

Oh their Betabrand apparel stuff is back in the news feed. Beta brand for beta gamers am I wrong
I guess, but I'll be damned if that Hyper Beast hoodie isn't tempting.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

symbolic posted:

I could but MM entails more risk of getting kicked (I usually Solo queue) and risk of losing my rank. I realize rank means nothing but I still don't want to lose it. It's probably just an ego thing.

If you derank the dumb stuff you do is more likely to work. CS equilibrium :sax:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

nftyw posted:

Gamer Blouse

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!

Should make a gamer bib with a pocket for doritos.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I don't have the best keyboarding ability, meaning that the only thing I can do instantly is WASD. What are some essential buttons to bind to the mouse? Right now I have crouch, walk, and jump bound, as the three buttons CS recognizes on my mouse.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Famethrowa posted:

I don't have the best keyboarding ability, meaning that the only thing I can do instantly is WASD. What are some essential buttons to bind to the mouse? Right now I have crouch, walk, and jump bound, as the three buttons CS recognizes on my mouse.
It's probably different for everyone. Myself personally, mouse3 is buy menu, mouse4 is reload, and mouse5 is voice chat.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

symbolic posted:

It's probably different for everyone. Myself personally, mouse3 is buy menu, mouse4 is reload, and mouse5 is voice chat.

I guess a better way to ask this would be "what keys do you find yourself using the most in the heat of battle?"

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
I use Mouse4 to use a flashbang and Mouse5 to use a smoke grenade.s

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Mouse 4 is a chat macro. Mouse 5 is also a chat macro. Every mouse button just spams "your bad".

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Mouse 4: voice (in game)
Mouse 5: voice (mumble)

I like to bind jump to mousewheel if I'm drunk playing scoutzknivez, otherwise I just have it set to default.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
All I need is Mouse 1. :smug:

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!
Walk, crouch, jump and reload are probably the most important if you have a hosed up hand or something. Maybe +use if you have trouble opening doors while moving?

If you resolve not to AWP you could use right click as an extra button

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Stumbletron posted:

Walk, crouch, jump and reload are probably the most important if you have a hosed up hand or something.

Yup.

I can reload fine, I figured out how to bind crouch+walk+toggle grenade and it seems to work. Now to actually know how to use grenades well is the next step.

Thanks for the super awesome Goonman guys and directing my stupid rear end. Good vibes :cool:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

if you have a legit hosed up hand have you thought about foot pedals?

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

trying to jack off posted:

if you have a legit hosed up hand have you thought about foot pedals?

I do pretty ok as long as I rebind poo poo to my mouse. I'm never gonna be noscope mlg pro but that's ok.

And not hosed up, per se, just missing my forearm and hand on the left.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Famethrowa posted:

I do pretty ok as long as I rebind poo poo to my mouse. I'm never gonna be noscope mlg pro but that's ok.

I'm really impressed that you're able to make it work. Much respect.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Quick question. How do I Sawed-Off better? Because I just fuckin' love that gun's look and... yeah.

Also, how do I SMG better while we're at it.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
The sawedoff only hits things that are 2 steps in front of it

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Pretty sure the only application for the sawed off right now is hiding in drop on cobble with it like JW. Even then, good luck

conversation piece
Sep 19, 2015
welcome to CSGO baby

also, the other two randos in this match are from the same bumfuck neighborhood in Canada as falalfel, small world!

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

Famethrowa posted:

Ok I'm genuinely curious about the logistics of this, when CS'ing you do anything with your left arm at all or is everything done with the right hand?

I figure if you've got a mouse with enough buttons on it, you could bind spacebar to "go forwards" and press that with your left, and then just run pretty much everything else on the mouse. All you really need is shoot (mouse 1), zoom (mouse 2), scroll wheel to cycle weapons/nades, crouch (mouse 4) and jump (mouse 5). You need strafe left and right too but either you need some more mouse buttons, or one of those scroll wheels that you can nudge left and right maybe?

Ahdinko fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Oct 13, 2015

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
wait till you guys see the guy that plays CS with no hands at all

also one of the most nuts players I've ever played with/against is legit 100% deaf

anything is possible!

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

HiipFire posted:

The sawedoff only hits things that are 2 steps in front of it

gigawhite posted:

Pretty sure the only application for the sawed off right now is hiding in drop on cobble with it like JW. Even then, good luck

Well fug. Guess it's SMGs between the eco rounds and final rounds.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
Someone post the video of some guy playing csgo with his dick

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

astr0man posted:

Someone post the video of some guy playing csgo with his dick

Its only gay if you're keyboard is gay

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Famethrowa posted:

I guess a better way to ask this would be "what keys do you find yourself using the most in the heat of battle?"

Movement, crouch, jump, weapon switch. Ideally you want each nade bound to a button, but I just hit 4 and cycle through cuz I know how many presses I need at any given moment. Scrolling through all the weapons is real bad as a side note.

// buy binds
bind f1 "buy p250"
bind f2 "buy ssg80"
bind f3 "buy famas; buy galilar"
bind f4 "buy m4a1; buy ak47"
bind f5 "buy awp"
bind f6 "buy flashbang"
bind f7 "buy smokegrenade"
bind f8 "buy hegrenade"
bind f9 "buy molotov; buy incgrenade"
bind f10 "buy vest"
bind f11 "buy vesthelm"
bind f12 "buy defuser"

I recommend adding that to your autoexec for buying quickly at start of round.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

canoshiz posted:

Running 1.57 at 800 dpi. I realize that's probably pretty high for most players here?

Nah that's pretty sensible! Was picturing some 3200 DPI fiend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
2.3 @ 900DPI. Perfect for those sick AWP flicks.

• Locked thread