Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Require More Fire posted:

Correction: He confirmed that "she is is woman and he is her man" because "dating is for children".

Ronda's mom owns.

Is Ronda's mum talking about Brown or an ex?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Triticum Guzzler posted:

the story is that hendricks' camp were worried he was too big during his camp/cut and got him a phone consultation with a nutritionist and the guy was like "whoa man don't just starve yourself, you need to eat to survive" and hendricks held up his ear horn and said "what's that sonny? you say i need to eat?" and started eating even more

found it http://mmajunkie.com/2015/10/coach-explains-johny-hendricks-ufc-192-weight-issues

quote:

Ramirez said he believes a call with a nutritionist could be partly to blame for Hendricks never properly adjusting his diet during camp.

“One of the owners of our management team had called, and he had talked to a nutritionist,” Ramirez said. ” … I had never been familiar with him up until we spoke. But our management arranged a conference call with (him), whom we’d never met, and he’d never met Johny. We got on the conference call, and I had a couple concerns, because if you don’t know Johny and know his lifestyle, I feel like you can’t really comment on how much he needs to be eating.

“He was pretty much telling Johny that he should increase his meals because Johny was telling him that he was feeling run down after his training, which is fine. I’m not blaming (him) or anything like that. But I think after that conference call, Johny took what he said and justified that he should start eating more and increasing his calories. Johny isn’t a certified nutritionist or anything like that. He was just taking this guy’s word for it. I think that might have caused a couple issues in the middle of camp.”

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I thought you were joking, how is this real life?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

you're probably going to feel run-down jonny if you go from eating your between-camp meals to your sane person meals but i'd still recommend an extra 90minutes of sleep a night over telling a guy who's under obligation to make weight he should eat more venison

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
God he is such a fuckup. Even if he was still champ he would've blown it all up due to junk science.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Ditch posted:

More MMA Hour notes:
-TJ now seems fine with fighting Faber after getting banned from TAM
-TJ still went to the Benavidez/Olivi wedding
-TJ says moving this camp to CO was on him, not because of "recruiting"

1) he literally always was
2) why wouldn't he
3) no poo poo

i don't understand why people think it's surprising that tj isn't being coerced into poo poo that is clearly good for his career and he will not lose his friends or surrogate family because of this

edit clarity

Marching Powder fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Oct 12, 2015

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Barao's looking alright.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

1st AD posted:

Can't wait till Ronda is "injured in camp" and Browne mysteriously gets cut from the UFC

Ronda's mom would probably rip Browne's arm off if he did that. She'd then use it to beat some sense into Ronda for dating the tiki themed turd golem.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Lid posted:

Ronda wrote an article

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/news/vict...6-1227566600899

MMA's greatest ambassador by a mile.

you're so corny

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Marching Powder posted:

1) he literally always was

actually in the interview TJ says it was a surprise to hear Faber be the one saying he would be fine with fighting him since he thought "they were a lot closer than that" and that "Faber is looking for a big fight in his career and I don't want to have to do it." Ariel prods like how he does so he does get TJ to answer yes, if offered the fight and there being no other options available he would take it, but then again repeats himself that he doesn't wish it to happen and instead it should be on Faber to change weight classes or find another big fight. So I think it's a bit of a misquote to say that TJ is fine with fighting Faber. if I had to guess I think Faber is way more eager for that match than TJ is for numerous reasons.

After hearing the whole TJ interview I agree with him when he said that this whole story never should have been as big of an issue as it was. I think he just got hosed in the press and the fans by doing it in the slowest month of UFC news in a long, long time.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Brazil is loving terrifying.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Aurain posted:

Barao's looking alright.

Assuming you're talking about the one Aldo has his arm around, that's Jorge Licor, Brasileiro.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Bubba Smith posted:

actually in the interview TJ says it was a surprise to hear Faber be the one saying he would be fine with fighting him since he thought "they were a lot closer than that" and that "Faber is looking for a big fight in his career and I don't want to have to do it." Ariel prods like how he does so he does get TJ to answer yes, if offered the fight and there being no other options available he would take it, but then again repeats himself that he doesn't wish it to happen and instead it should be on Faber to change weight classes or find another big fight. So I think it's a bit of a misquote to say that TJ is fine with fighting Faber. if I had to guess I think Faber is way more eager for that match than TJ is for numerous reasons.

After hearing the whole TJ interview I agree with him when he said that this whole story never should have been as big of an issue as it was. I think he just got hosed in the press and the fans by doing it in the slowest month of UFC news in a long, long time.

nobody wants to fight friends btw, they do it because they're professionals which faber certainly is and tj almost certainly is. that was probably the first time he had to seriously consider the possibility and responded like a (reluctant) pro. i don't think it's misquoting him at all to say he would do it and be fine with it if you define 'fine' as being able to give 100% and not as in happy to fight a friend

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
It's gonna be cool when the drama is rendered moot after Cruz takes back his belt.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Lloyd Boner posted:

It's gonna be cool when the drama is rendered moot after Cruz takes back his belt.

The drama will reignite two weeks later when TJ and Urijah are booked to fight for the interim title.

Muttonchips
Jun 5, 2014

by Shine

1st AD posted:

Can't wait till Ronda is "injured in camp" and Browne mysteriously gets cut from the UFC
Wouldn't Rousey be able to hold her own against Travis Browne? Or is there too big of a size difference?

I would imagine Rousey could potentially come out on top if they got into a domestic dispute.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Muttonchips posted:

Wouldn't Rousey be able to hold her own against Travis Browne? Or is there too big of a size difference?

I would imagine Rousey could potentially come out on top if they got into a domestic dispute.

Hell no

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
That relationship is going to fall apart as soon as he explains what he really meant about the time he saw Bigfoot and then had his memory mysteriously erased.

2 fat 4 my lambo
Oct 9, 2003

WEED POOP

Intel&Sebastian posted:

That relationship is going to fall apart as soon as he explains what he really meant about the time he saw Bigfoot and then had his memory mysteriously erased.

lol

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Intel&Sebastian posted:

hahaha

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

:drat:

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Muttonchips posted:

This is a troll, right?

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Muttonchips posted:

Lol no

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Let's talk about this good post, and not the man vs woman domestic violence post, a salted field from which nothing good nor meaningful may grow.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

TAM owns. How can anyone hate bros who are this funny?

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Mir's wife beat him up so it's not out of the realm of possibility.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Trast posted:

Ronda's mom would probably rip Browne's arm off if he did that. She'd then use it to beat some sense into Ronda for dating the tiki themed turd golem.

This is my favorite Browne description ever.

Also Ronda's mom tweeted something about 'just because Browne happens to be in the news for being with Ronda and I happened to tweet Mom Advice doesn't mean I was necessarily talking about Browne :how:

VV or retweet, whatever.

red19fire fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Oct 13, 2015

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Marching Powder posted:

nobody wants to fight friends btw, they do it because they're professionals which faber certainly is and tj almost certainly is. that was probably the first time he had to seriously consider the possibility and responded like a (reluctant) pro. i don't think it's misquoting him at all to say he would do it and be fine with it if you define 'fine' as being able to give 100% and not as in happy to fight a friend

agreed, but that isn't how all the sites are reporting it unfortunately. they want the clickbait title so they're going with Dillashaw wants to fight Faber, confident he would win when that isn't how the conversation went at all.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....

red19fire posted:

Also Ronda's mom tweeted something about 'just because Browne happens to be in the news for being with Ronda and I happened to tweet Mom Advice doesn't mean I was necessarily talking about Browne :how:

I dont know if im missing something but her twitter does not have a tweet that says this. the last one she submit was the one about the douchebag comment? I cant wait to see ronda comment about this ... like you talkin about DNB and women empowerment and then you go and date a dude who punched out his wife allegedly

it isnt a great look, hey girls be powerful be yourself dont let the world beat you up but its ok if a man does it I guess?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

1st AD posted:

Ariel is the worst, seriously he is joyless and thin skinned and I enjoy it when he gets owned by Rampage or when Bobby Green rolls with like 10 people in a Skype interview and just takes over his segment.

Worse than Front Row Brian?

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Ariel Helwani is a doofus but he's not even bottom ten.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Muttonchips posted:

Lmao

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Take two steps away from Browne and he'll just backflip out the window into a wood chipper while trying to throw a jab.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
It'd be more like that autopsy episode where they thought the kid strangled the mom but it turned out she had a bad seizure.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Muttonchips posted:

lmao that's good rogan-flavored koolaid

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Rousey wears Dragon Ball clothing, which means she can do Kamehameha's and poo poo, Browne stands no chance.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Muttonchips posted:

Video of her rolling with Gegard Mousasi, decide for youself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9xjs2fWJEs

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

willie_dee posted:

Video of her rolling with Gegard Mousasi, decide for youself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9xjs2fWJEs

You can see how pissed she is when he's just sandbagging her. I hope that Muttonchops guy wasn't being serious because c'mon son.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
I want to see some mighty mouse vs a heavyweight now

can't find that old video of overeem vs pickett, akira and some other dude anywhere anymore :-(

• Locked thread