Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Really love the anime but anyone else find it kind of distracting that the subtitles for dialogue appear a full second after the people started talking?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
learn japanese

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

jsoh posted:

learn japanese

Everything should be in English. Unless it's one of the sexy languages being spoken by a hot person. Neither Japanese nor English are sexy languages.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

How is this thread handling manga/anime spoilers?

Like, I cannot wait to see this particular scene in the anime. I was going to ask people what scene they're dying to see animated but would that violate spoiler rules or anything?

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
this is the manga thread edit: so yes, you should put that pic in spoiler tags. thank you.

Jintor
May 19, 2014

gnome7 posted:

I think my favorite touch up from manga-to-anime conversion is this neat bit:

I love how they're animating Genos using his rocket hands to propel himself all over the place. We see him do it for super jumps all the time in the manga, but nothing like this rocket powered roundhouse, and it's really cool.

man look at him scabbling for purchase on the ground when he lands before he rockets forward again. This show just has stupendous fight animation

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Jintor posted:

man look at him scabbling for purchase on the ground when he lands before he rockets forward again. This show just has stupendous fight animation

Sawada Hidehiko owns. He did all the good fight scenes in HXH.

http://sakuga.yshi.org/data/9e0c52bec433486d80b69e23c77fd9d0.webm

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I wish King was voiced by the guy who does Akuma in the Street Fighter games, that would be a riot

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

seriously though if you post ONE spoilers in this, the Murata thread, they will cut a bitch

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I feel like as of episode 2 this is the best adaptation we could have asked for. I love it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If Murata has drawn it: this thread.

If Murata hasn't drawn it yet/you've experienced the glory of ONE's original: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3559267

If reading is too hard for you/you only watch the anime:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3746457

↓↓↓

Bad Seafood posted:

Probably just gonna ask Waffleman to make another thread after he produces the promised OP.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Oct 13, 2015

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Probably just gonna ask Waffleman to make another thread after he produces the promised OP.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Parrotine posted:

I wish King was voiced by the guy who does Akuma in the Street Fighter games, that would be a riot

I wish he was voiced by Akira kamiya

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
It feels like One-punch man is sort of the hero that the people who write Superman comics in the west wish they could write him as, but just straight up fail to.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Parrotine posted:

Ootsuka Akio or bust

Mordaedil posted:

It feels like One-punch man is sort of the hero that the people who write Superman comics in the west wish they could write him as, but just straight up fail to.

C'mon, let's not start this. Supes has a ton of great comics out there.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The dub King should be real life Vin Diesel super imposed with slicked back hair and scars.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hu0iMeV9Lxw

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

AnonSpore posted:

C'mon, let's not start this. Supes has a ton of great comics out there.

Admittedly, I stopped reading Superman after the 90's and have kind of assumed the spiral continued.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

The Death... of Saitama!

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Mordaedil posted:

Admittedly, I stopped reading Superman after the 90's and have kind of assumed the spiral continued.

He got a lot better once writers started to realize that he was best used as a vehicle to explore heroic ideologies instead of trying to challenge him with punching.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

The first BD has a 10 minute OVA with a new original (short) story by ONE.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

aers posted:

The first BD has a 10 minute OVA with a new original (short) story by ONE.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Kild posted:

Sawada Hidehiko owns. He did all the good fight scenes in HXH.

http://sakuga.yshi.org/data/9e0c52bec433486d80b69e23c77fd9d0.webm

Sawada probably animated a different scene in OPM 2, unless that's not what you meant, lol.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

aers posted:

Sawada probably animated a different scene in OPM 2, unless that's not what you meant, lol.

Did he not animate the Genos scene?

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Kild posted:

Did he not animate the Genos scene?

http://sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/17848/

This is our guess, hoping Madhouse or an animator's twitter sources it soon though.

http://sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/17850

Sawada guess was this cut.

TBH you could be right, dunno!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Bad Seafood posted:

Yo.

Edit: Since the other thread is using my OP, I closed it pending Seafood decision. I don't really care as long as the thread has a good OP.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Oct 13, 2015

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Thanks for the OP.

Since you're fine with it either way, we'll go with the thread that already has more traffic.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Parrotine posted:

It always pains me to see that was the color choice design they went with for Saitama's hoodie. You can barely see the 'OPPAI' logo on top of that greyish-white fabric, what a waste :(

Yeah, I much more preferred the yellow version.

Gyges posted:

Neither Japanese nor English are sexy languages.

I disagree strongly with this opinion.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Ordinarily I'd run a tag change past the thread's author first, but in this case I don't think anybody will mind.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Oh my loving god.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
That's too perfect.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

If someone minds you should probably ban them.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Nighthand posted:

If someone minds you should probably ban them.

Mod Challenge: 100x push-ups, crunches, squats and 10km every day NO AC until they go bald.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Greetings I am the thread op and I approve of the new tag

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Mr. Fowl posted:

Mod Challenge: 100x push-ups, crunches, squats and 10km every day NO AC until they go bald.
You are only going to make that person powerful

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Bad Seafood posted:

Ordinarily I'd run a tag change past the thread's author first, but in this case I don't think anybody will mind.

shoulda changed the tags for the rest of the threads in VEGETA while you were at it

can never have too much oppai

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The new chapter came out in Japanese.

It's only six pages :negative:

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Seems about par for the course these days.

Bad Seafood fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Oct 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Well that Young Jump special from the other page was pretty recent right? As well as the Hero Book or whatever that was. So it seems like Murata's actually been working on more OPM stuff overall these days, it's just divided between a bunch of special material.