Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

EzEight posted:

Shop Heroes has officially gone global, so to old vets playing is it still fun and not P2W?

The google reviews all say paywall.
Sure, it's pay to win, but the only thing you 'win' is bigger numbers, you don't fight other players except maybe for leaderboard spots. So you're free to ignore the IAP or pay as you wish. Of course it will be much faster to buy keys on the trade house with gems and sell them off for huge amounts of gold, but that's sort of defeating the purpose. If I get a key on a free spin i enjoy the boost for selling it but that's it. As far as I know the only things you can put gems in that you can't otherwise grind out somehow are precrafting slots (really useful) or some endgame blueprints (never gonna get that far).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!

yugge posted:

Theotown, there is a link in the first sentence of the op.

Well now there is egg all over my face. Thank you.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

I uninstalled Poker Heroes to do some phone janitoring. Apparently there is no way to restore your progress if you do this :v:

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
Started looking at reviews for the games on sale for 10 cents until I realized I was going through a lot of effort for just 10 cents.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Stall_19 posted:

Started looking at reviews for the games on sale for 10 cents until I realized I was going through a lot of effort for just 10 cents.

But that is like 1/10 of a cheeseburger.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

yugge posted:

Theotown, there is a link in the first sentence of the op.

BTW is anyone in this thread playing it? Looking for some goons to weigh in on it.

swimming anime
Jan 4, 2006

EzEight posted:

Shop Heroes has officially gone global, so to old vets playing is it still fun and not P2W?

The google reviews all say paywall.

It's definitely not paywall, it's frankly pretty useless to buy gems as far as I can see. Ive been playing it for a week though and the long loading times, bugginess, and 10 minute long craft times I've gotten up to are much more frustrating than any f2p shenanigans.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
A mobile version of the popular side-scrolling MMO MapleStory is out in soft launch in Australia, Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden, with a wider release soon to come.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I stopped playing shop heroes when I bought gems and a slot with gems.. then when I leveled the slot basically disappeared, I didn't gain the extra slot for leveling.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Lutha Mahtin posted:

I uninstalled Poker Heroes to do some phone janitoring. Apparently there is no way to restore your progress if you do this :v:

Speaking of Poker Heroes, I apparently hit the end of content. I beat chapter 20 without ever needing to spend real money / get heroes above 4 stars. There doesn't seem to be any "hard" content to it. I expected some sort of wall of "give us money" to progress.

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Are there any decent board games? I picked up GalaxyTruckers and Carcassone which I very much enjoyed, and Elder Scrolls which seems to be little more than an RNG based game. Frankky Id rather play Talisman. I was contemplating San Juan, but Im not sure what else is even available right now.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Moreau posted:

Are there any decent board games? I picked up GalaxyTruckers and Carcassone which I very much enjoyed, and Elder Scrolls which seems to be little more than an RNG based game. Frankky Id rather play Talisman. I was contemplating San Juan, but Im not sure what else is even available right now.

What's this now?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

What's this now?

I'm guessing it's Elder Sign: Omens. It's by the same guys that made Arkham Horror, and has a lot of the same elements, but can be played in under five hours.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

tater_salad posted:

I stopped playing shop heroes when I bought gems and a slot with gems.. then when I leveled the slot basically disappeared, I didn't gain the extra slot for leveling.
Yeah, that bit is misleading, you do not buy extra slots/etc with gems, you merely unlock it early. It does save you having to pay the gold cost, but selling keys to players is probably way more efficient if all you wanted was to save gold. The only thing you should actually spend gems on is precraft slots, just use the trade house for the rest.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Billy Gnosis posted:

Speaking of Poker Heroes, I apparently hit the end of content. I beat chapter 20 without ever needing to spend real money / get heroes above 4 stars. There doesn't seem to be any "hard" content to it. I expected some sort of wall of "give us money" to progress.

They seem to have some challenge dungeons that rotate through, like before I destroyed my save file they were advertising the "sisterhood of steel" was going to start up. I caught a different one of these when I started playing, but I was at such a low level then I don't know what the harder tiers of the special dungeons look like. It wasn't a bad game but I also don't know if I care to keep playing it.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Lutha Mahtin posted:

They seem to have some challenge dungeons that rotate through, like before I destroyed my save file they were advertising the "sisterhood of steel" was going to start up. I caught a different one of these when I started playing, but I was at such a low level then I don't know what the harder tiers of the special dungeons look like. It wasn't a bad game but I also don't know if I care to keep playing it.

Don't get me wrong, I'd recommend it actually to people looking for a mindless commute game or something that you don't have to put money in.

It was just weird that when I finished chapter 20, it was over without fanfare,

It looks like the hardest level of the "sisterhood of steel" might kick my rear end though.

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

YggiDee posted:

I'm guessing it's Elder Sign: Omens. It's by the same guys that made Arkham Horror, and has a lot of the same elements, but can be played in under five hours.

Ah, yes indeed. Elder Signs was what I meant to say. A pity I didn't start playing it until after the refund window had passed. Well, that's the price of one Subway meal I wont see again.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Billy Gnosis posted:

Don't get me wrong, I'd recommend it actually to people looking for a mindless commute game or something that you don't have to put money in.

It was just weird that when I finished chapter 20, it was over without fanfare,

It looks like the hardest level of the "sisterhood of steel" might kick my rear end though.

i think it's a case of the game being relatively new. compare to, say, puzzle and dragons, which has added many different types of dungeons over the years to reach the point today where there is almost always something to do. i'm not as confident with this developer/publisher though, where they release a game with no restore function and for some reason their ad-free game requires to know all my user accounts and the telephone numbers that i call :allears:

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

mrkillboy posted:

A mobile version of the popular side-scrolling MMO MapleStory is out in soft launch in Australia, Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden, with a wider release soon to come.

Works ok sideloaded. Plays much like original maplestory. Wouldn't mind knowing if there's a way to autocast buffs.

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009

Crash_N_Burn posted:

Works ok sideloaded. Plays much like original maplestory. Wouldn't mind knowing if there's a way to autocast buffs.

There is goon guilds for the PC version yeah? Can the app join them?

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

EvilElmo posted:

There is goon guilds for the PC version yeah? Can the app join them?

Nah, looks to be 2 seperate games entirely. Guilds can be formed though.

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009

Crash_N_Burn posted:

Nah, looks to be 2 seperate games entirely. Guilds can be formed though.

I dont like the controls on my tablet. Am uninstalling.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I am absolutely shocked people are still playing Maple Story.

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

Moreau posted:

Pandemic is a solid translation. No multiplayer support other than pass the device, so consider it a single player game really.

And if you hate yourself, Monopoly is 10 cents.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Are any goons still playing Stars Wars Uprising? And is there a cartel?

I find it rather enjoyable for an hour or so which is perfect for my schedule.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

trying a picross game

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Lutha Mahtin posted:

trying a picross game

I love Picross, and I'm also a goon, and need to know what game that is.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

It's "No2g". I think it's Korean.

It has one of the better control schemes I've seen for a phone picross game, with a touch mode and a "virtual d-pad" mode. But the problems with it are: the numbers get very small on bigger puzzles, they are obsessed with having puzzles of x-by-x size even if this means you have to manually cross off several zeroed-out lines when you begin, and the virtual d-pad makes it too easy to tap on the ad at the bottom of the screen.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I will have to live with this title since I am too cheap to buy a new one.

Moreau posted:

In addition to these and the ones others have mentioned there is:
Star Realms
Catan
Small World 2
Ticket to Ride
Steam: Rails to Riches
Summoner Wars
Blood Bowl

I've only played the first 4 which are all decent ports. iOS has Agricola but no love for Android :saddowns:. I hear Twilight Struggle is coming soon. www.pockettactics.com is a good website for this info, although I occasionally toy with the idea of starting a new thread either here or in the traditional games subforum.

Frush
Jun 26, 2008

Antifreeze Head posted:

Pandemic is a solid translation. No multiplayer support other than pass the device, so consider it a single player game really.

I don't even play pandemic much on the go, since it destroys my battery life on my nexus 10. I can maybe get half an hour with it running.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Slywalker13 posted:

https://www.pockettactics.com is a good website for this info, although I occasionally toy with the idea of starting a new thread either here or in the traditional games subforum.

I would definitely bookmark and participate in this thread.

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Slywalker13 posted:

I've only played the first 4 which are all decent ports. iOS has Agricola but no love for Android :saddowns:. I hear Twilight Struggle is coming soon. https://www.pockettactics.com is a good website for this info, although I occasionally toy with the idea of starting a new thread either here or in the traditional games subforum.

I was legitimately annoyed when I discovered Agricola wasnt available on Android. Tchah! Some good ones there, Ill pick up a few. I have a lot of flight time coming up, so Im looking for something engaging for long periods of time. Shame something like Mage Knight hasnt been converted.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Slywalker13 posted:

iOS has Agricola but no love for Android :saddowns:.

iOS has loving Eclipse too :(

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
KMA: Do you have to reach a certain point in the story to join a guild? I can't seem to find the option anywhere.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Can't remember tbh. It's bottom right- labelled 'BETA'

Yermaw Zahoor
Feb 24, 2009
You have to x amount of levels, than the beta tab is unlocked

dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

What are some games that have an online goon presence? I sorted by cellphone category here and found some, though I also found some that weren't in that category. Wondering if there are any others? Plus if they have some sort of PvP

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
KMA: Applied to goons as MohShuvuu.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Third time's the charm. :suicide: Are their any good ports of Lemmings for android? Been having the itch lately and a smartphone seems like the best way to play it. Spirits is alright, but doesn't quite scratch the itch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Moreau posted:

It's not an app per se, but http://www.boardgamearena.com works fine on my Nexus 5. They have a ton of games you can play against your friends or strangers.