Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Wolf Blitzer: leaves Hannity looking great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

greatn posted:

Well I have a theory. Anderson Cooper will pull off a mask to reveal he was Jim Webb the entire time, and never campaigned because he was too busy. Then he takes the podium and the debate is moderated by Lawrence Lessig in a Wolf Blitzer costume.

Please don't talk like that, you're gonna give me nightmares.

I mean either that or very oddly satisfying dreams.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

like in terms of presenter skill he's loving dire

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

If Lawrence Lessig campaigned in a Trump costume I bet his poll numbers would balloon overnight.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

zoux posted:

Well yes but he's entertaining that way. It's like watching a drunk old man try and navigate the sidewalk.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I'm really hopeful for the Democrat candidates to show themselves to be the grownups in the room, after the shitshow that was the GOP debates this could be really good optics for the party. I'm gonna be disappointed if this is just more slapfighting with empty platitudes, except about minimum wage instead of the military.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

sullat posted:

I guess being Speaker is like some sort of curse that you can only get rid of by giving it to someone else? Or maybe that's an STD I'm thinking of. Either way, it will be funny is Boehner ends up being speaker-for-life.

poo poo Follows

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Tesseraction posted:

Well yes but he's entertaining that way. It's like watching a drunk old man try and navigate the sidewalk.

In most interviews and segments he doesn't even need to be there. He either just repeats or rephrases what the other person said.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

zoux posted:

:wow:

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
Like I don't disagree that he's not very good at the job he's Peter Principled his way into having (he pretty much sums up CNN, btw); but good christ Steve Doocy is like so many levels dumber and worse and he's just like the tip of the FoxNews idiot brigade.

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

I wasn't counting the Dooce as a political anchor, he's more of a morning show guy. I was talking about their straight up news anchors, not personality/talk show hosts.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Gravel Gravy posted:

In most interviews and segments he doesn't even need to be there. He either just repeats or rephrases what the other person said.

Yes, but that's the joy, watching him gormless expression his way through even the simplest activities.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

this_is_hard posted:

I wasn't counting the Dooce as a political anchor, he's more of a morning show guy. I was talking about their straight up news anchors, not personality/talk show hosts.

It's a goddamn news channel. The fact that they've gotten people to go along with this stupid narrative of "well our NEWS programs aren't bad" is shameful.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Like I don't disagree that he's not very good at the job he's Peter Principled his way into having (he pretty much sums up CNN, btw); but good christ Steve Doocy is like so many levels dumber and worse and he's just like the tip of the FoxNews idiot brigade.

Steve Doocy is smart enough to not go get trounced on Jeopardy

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Hell, Huckabee had his own TV show for a while so he counts and is total poo poo in every way except taking money from evangelical crusader-wannabes.

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

It's a goddamn news channel. The fact that they've gotten people to go along with this stupid narrative of "well our NEWS programs aren't bad" is shameful.

relax, i'm not talking about the substance of the channels. Purely in terms of "how well you anchor the news/how skilled you are at public speaking" Wolf Blitzer is easily amongst the worst.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

this_is_hard posted:

There's the problem in the comparison I guess, then. Fox isn't a news channel, and what they show isn't news.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Fox and Friends isn't news. It's just a Morning Zoo Radio Show on TV

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Lessig isn't making it to the Dem debates, is he?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

gradenko_2000 posted:

Good. There is no reason for him to be in the race.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

He is not, if that's a bad or good thing entirely relies upon if Boyko would have been in attendance.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

mcmagic posted:

Good. There is no reason for him to be in the race.

Now this is a race-ism I'm down with.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Raskolnikov38 posted:

He is not, if that's a bad or good thing entirely relies upon if Boyko would have been in attendance.

He was actually designated to be Lessig's podium.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

Not officially. I'm still holding hope that he'll try to crash the debate and get tazed by Hillary's security.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
There's that one anchor on CNN, the fellow that held up a sign saying the N-word and asked the audience if they were offended - he's actively terrible, Wolf Blitzer's just a blithering idiot.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Rygar201 posted:

Fox and Friends isn't news. It's just a Morning Zoo Radio Show on TV

No that was/is "Red Eye."

A flock of shitheads so lovely they wouldn't air it until after their audience had the nurse come in and make sure they were asleep.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

VanSandman posted:

There's that one anchor on CNN, the fellow that held up a sign saying the N-word and asked the audience if they were offended - he's actively terrible, Wolf Blitzer's just a blithering idiot.

Binow likes Don Lemon as well.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

VanSandman posted:

Don Lemon literally thinks pants sagging is one of the reasons that black people can't get ahead in America.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

gently caress Don Lemon he's not even a real lemon.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

VanSandman posted:

Which one asked a group of panelists if the "n-word" was worse than "cracker"?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Tesseraction posted:

Now this is a race-ism I'm down with.

Then his campaign can be as spectacular a waste of time as his PAC was during the 2014 elections.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Gravel Gravy posted:

Which one asked a group of panelists if the "n-word" was worse than "cracker"?

(that wasn't a real debate, you understand, right? The black and white guests all agreed 'yea friend of the family is worse by a mile' and offered different views on how racial slurs effect people based on the amount of power they have in society)

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Binow likes Don Lemon as well.

I do not.

zoux posted:

Don Lemon literally thinks pants sagging is one of the reasons that black people can't get ahead in America.

Yes. He's actively terrible.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
Don Lemmon leaves a sour taste in America's mouth.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Snappy dresser, though

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

zoux posted:

Most of the older black folks I work with espouse this sort of view. The other common gripe is "Pants that say Juicy on the bottom" in reference to young women.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Talmonis posted:

Most of the older black folks I work with espouse this sort of view. The other common gripe is "Pants that say Juicy on the bottom" in reference to young women.

Yeah but that's just normal complaining about the youth.

On the list of reasons why black people are victims of institutional racism, "certain inner city young black man wearing low sagging pants" doesn't make the top million reasons.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

zoux posted:

On the list of reasons why black people are victims of institutional racism, "certain inner city young black man wearing low sagging pants" doesn't make the top million reasons.

Of course not. It just reminded me of Bill Cosby always bitching about young people. Well, pre known rapist Bill Cosby.

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

zoux posted:

Bill Cosby has had a long history of blaming the victim, and it makes a lot more sense now that we know a bit of context

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milk Malk
Sep 17, 2015

this_is_hard posted:

Bill Cosby has had a long history of blaming the victim, and it makes a lot more sense now that we know a bit of context

:wth: :aaaaa: :wth:

• Locked thread