Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I have Jamaal Charles in two leagues, so this is gonna be a make or break week for me. In one league, I have Charles, Steve Smith, DeSean Jackson, Romo and Sammy Watkins, all of whom were injured this week, as well as Cam Newton and Lamar Miller on bye. This was not a fun week.

In looking for Jamaal replacements, who should I be looking at? Rank these guys:

Charcandrick West
David Johnson
Melvin Gordon
Duke Johnson
Andre Ellington
Rashad Jennings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

LmaoTheKid posted:

Another reminder, the AB84 owner in your league will probably sell this week. Get your offers in.

I ain't selling poo poo unless you want one (1) Ameer Abdullah

Heisenator
Mar 30, 2010
Last week bit me when I chose Mariota vs BUF over Dalton vs SEA.

Now do I make amends this week and choose Dalton @ BUF or Mariota vs MIA? Juicy matchup at Miami, but Dalton appears to be matchup proof and the BUF run defense might force him to pass even more for more points. Thoughts?

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Just drop Mariota and keep starting Dalton until he gives you a reason not to.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm....thinking of starting Bortles over Russell Wilson. Continuously.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

kiimo posted:

I'm....thinking of starting Bortles over Russell Wilson. Continuously.

I love Bort full steam ahead.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Went into MNF down 15.40 points, my Gates to his Woodhead. And this is after making stupid moves like blowing waiver position to pick up Owen Daniels and flex a 2nd TE. But now I'm looking at a .18 point margin of victory!

Harold Cooplowski
Sep 11, 2013
I'm trying to flip Kelce for AB84 (the dude only has Jared Cook rostered), wish me luck!

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I got burned by Owen Daniels hype train too. I wouldn't have used a waiver on him if Reed and Ebron didn't both injure themselves last week but I wanted to make sure I got him because he was going to be a solid play with an easy matchup for sure!

Harold Cooplowski posted:

I'm trying to flip Kelce for AB84 (the dude only has Jared Cook rostered), wish me luck!

Buying low with a buy-low guy like Kelce doesn't seem like it's going to work.

Harold Cooplowski
Sep 11, 2013

Timett posted:

Buying low with a buy-low guy like Kelce doesn't seem like it's going to work.

I normally would agree but my money league is also my easiest league and I am continuously amazed at the trade stupidity I pull off.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Dude in my work league that is 1-4 is going on a fire sale to shake him team up. 0.5 PPR.

I give:
Emmanuel Sanders
Sammy Watkins
Chris Johnson

I get:
Randall Cobb
TY Hilton
Latavius Murray

Mash, right?

Harold Cooplowski
Sep 11, 2013

89 posted:

Dude in my work league that is 1-4 is going on a fire sale to shake him team up. 0.5 PPR.

I give:
Emmanuel Sanders
Sammy Watkins
Chris Johnson

I get:
Randall Cobb
TY Hilton
Latavius Murray

Mash, right?

Holy poo poo I will mash that telepathically for you

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

89 posted:

I give:
Emmanuel Sanders
Sammy Watkins
Chris Johnson

I get:
Randall Cobb
TY Hilton
Latavius Murray

Mash, right?

loving MASH YOU CLOWN

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

AA is droppable at this point, yeah? The Lions schedule gets easier after this but I'm not sure I want to mess with any players on that team.

89 posted:

I give:
Emmanuel Sanders
Sammy Watkins
Chris Johnson

I get:
Randall Cobb
TY Hilton
Latavius Murray

Mash, right?

Mash before your coworker wakes up from his drunken stupor

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

365 Nog Hogger posted:

I love Bort full steam ahead.

He separated his shoulder, they may start Chad Henne. Bort at your own risk.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

Yoshifan823 posted:

He separated his shoulder, they may start Chad Henne. Bort at your own risk.

I have two quarterbacks with broken shoulders. I think my fantasy back is broken.

muon
Sep 13, 2008

by Reene
Free ESPN logo

Emmerdeur
Jun 28, 2008

Welp, grabbing Gates off the waiver wire week two payed off :dance: Now I have him and Olsen. I'm going to try to move one of them to upgrade my QB from Peyton, which should I be more willing to part with? Also, Tyrod or Matt Ryan? I think both of their owners would be willing to deal.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The answer is always Tyrod to all questions past present and future.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Is Lafell worth stashing (non-ppr)? I have OBJ/Allen robinson/hurns/moncrief/andre johnson/snead and would probably drop CMike (or johnson, but that game this week makes it hard to do that) for him, I guess. I'm wondering though if he'll easily break into the top 3 in my lineup and be an every week starter or if he'll just take up room on my bench after he comes back.

Harold Cooplowski
Sep 11, 2013

Spoeank posted:

The answer is always Tyrod to all questions past present and future.

Even though I defected to the Eli camp this week for the matchup, this.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
OK is ESPN full of poo poo or did Golden Tate only catch 8 out of 18 targets? I didn't get to watch that game, (unfortunately?) so I don't know if he missed 10 balls due to good defense, poor qb play, or just dropping 60% of the balls that came his way, but holy crap that's a lot of targets!

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
I was just offered this trade:

I receive:

CJ Spiller
Ruben Randle

I Give:

Roddy White
Darren McFadden

This dude really wants McFadden for some reason. I didn't really think he was that great (and Roddy White is basically useless at this point), but are either Spiller or Randle worth anything, right now? I'm still new and don't know who some of these guys are, but my gut was that this would be overall good for me.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Emmerdeur posted:

Welp, grabbing Gates off the waiver wire week two payed off :dance: Now I have him and Olsen. I'm going to try to move one of them to upgrade my QB from Peyton, which should I be more willing to part with? Also, Tyrod or Matt Ryan? I think both of their owners would be willing to deal.

I'm in the same bind. I want to trade one of them for Todd Gurley. I'm not sure which one. Olsen is unpredictable but he's already had his bye so I could just plug him in every week and ride it out. Gates is probably more reliable until rivers hits a wall end of season. And he still has a bye coming up.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

JosefStalinator posted:

I was just offered this trade:

I receive:

CJ Spiller
Ruben Randle

I Give:

Roddy White
Darren McFadden

This dude really wants McFadden for some reason. I didn't really think he was that great (and Roddy White is basically useless at this point), but are either Spiller or Randle worth anything, right now? I'm still new and don't know who some of these guys are, but my gut was that this would be overall good for me.

McFadden is almost the only guy worth rostering there, and even then it's iffy. Do you play this guy later in the season? If you do it might be worth it to hope he plays McFadden against you and have him put up 4.5 points.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

BigFactory posted:

I'm in the same bind. I want to trade one of them for Todd Gurley. I'm not sure which one. Olsen is unpredictable but he's already had his bye so I could just plug him in every week and ride it out. Gates is probably more reliable until rivers hits a wall end of season. And he still has a bye coming up.

If you think you can get Gurley, give either one. I'd probably prefer to hold Olsen, but if he'll land you Gurley, go for it.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

Inspector 34 posted:

OK is ESPN full of poo poo or did Golden Tate only catch 8 out of 18 targets? I didn't get to watch that game, (unfortunately?) so I don't know if he missed 10 balls due to good defense, poor qb play, or just dropping 60% of the balls that came his way, but holy crap that's a lot of targets!

Get away from all your Lions

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Inspector 34 posted:

Matthew Stafford is a loving muppet, and nobody behind him is any better.

Seriously considering trying to trade Megatron right now

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

BigFactory posted:

Went into MNF down 15.40 points, my Gates to his Woodhead. And this is after making stupid moves like blowing waiver position to pick up Owen Daniels and flex a 2nd TE. But now I'm looking at a .18 point margin of victory!

:hf:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Philip Rivers is fantasy AIDS, get him in the 11th every year, get stuck with two top-5ish QBs, no one wants to trade.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Rank these WRs ROS, .5 PPR:

Allen Robinson
Brandin Cooks
Jordan Matthews
James Jones
Donte Moncreif

I have the bottom four and have a possibility of trading one in a package for Robinson. My gut says Jones just because of his boom/bust nature, but he's probably been my most consistent WR this season even considering that.

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
I'm thinking about streaming the Titans D/St against Miami this week. But the Bengals D/St is also on the wire... Which should I pick up?

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
FP's Waiver Wire Rankings, Week 6

WR
Willie Snead - A deep threat like Allen Robinson or Travis Benjamin, only with open field running skills to have higher average Yards after Catch than either. His usage has steadily increased over the past few games, and despite only getting a single "start" (and only 54% of snaps), leads the team in yards. It's likely that Colston's career is now quietly over (pour one out for one of the greats), and Brees has been looking to Snead in clutch situations (he's the go-to third down guy, and even appears to be the red-zone guy with 5 targets). Has all the signs of continuing through the season.

Marvin Jones - The WR2 on a thriving offense. He's looked good in his routes and would have had a massive game against Seattle if it weren't for two defensive pass interferences against him (good for over 50 yards). He's playing 80% of snaps, soaking up red zone targets, and utilizing the single coverage (while defenses focus on Green and Eifert) well. My only concerns are A) his low catch rate (though he has only 1 clear "drop" so far), and B) he's been slightly boom/bust. I think he's a good hold, particularly in standard, and he's probably worth a bench spot.

Brandon LaFell - Who the gently caress knows what his injury is. All we know is that A) he appears to be progressing well, and B) Brady has been playing musical chairs with his outside targets and all of them have been beyond terrible (GO AWAY DOBSON NOBODY LIKES YOU). With "Angry Brady" bending the NFL over his knee en route to another undefeated season, I think I'm going to want the sole talented outside target (who will almost never face double coverage while Edelman and Gronk are on the field). Big risk (especially since we don't know what his injury is and the "progressing" report could be bullshit) but HUGE upside.

Kamar Aiken - I'm just at a loss at who else they are going to throw it to if Steve Smith is limited. Like maybe Crockette Gilmore comes back and is good???

Ted Ginn Jr - Cam is dragging his goddamned offense kicking and screaming into wins, and "Ted Ginn: feature wideout" seems to be a thing now. Nothing special (and after 8 seasons in the league, we know what he is), but an average of 50 yards and a touchdown each week is better than most fantasy bye-week guys. Fun fact: Ted Ginn leads the league in drops!

Nate Washington - Left week 4 with a tweaked hammy and sat out week 5. Unless you're all-in on Jaelen "So Fluky He Might Actually Be A Whale" Strong or Keith "I can't Remember How To Spell Either Name" Mumphry, Washington is probably worth rostering on volume alone. Through three and a half games, he had 28 targets and 210 yards. There's always an outside chance that O'Brien gets shitcanned and the new HC decides to throw less than eighty times per game, but if the Texans keep airing it out you might as well get a piece of the pie.

Ty Montgomery - Might be ARodg's third or fourth look while Adams is out? Ty got a lot of hype in the preseason, but that's about all I can see about him right now. ARodg is a god among men and makes mediocre receivers look good. Might be worth a flier in deep leagues but you probably already have better.

Lockett - return yard leagues only.

RB
CWest - Charles is done for the year with an ACL tear. Charcandrick "Charmander" West is the next man up (Reid supposedly likes him over Knile). Had a good preseason, but he's a bit undersized for a feature back, doesn't have much of a pedigree, and boy howdy is this offense gonna suck without Jamaal (who honestly is probably a hall-of-fame caliber back). But nonetheless, you don't see this sort of season-long volume sitting around on your WW often. If he hits, he's gold (i.e. this year's CJA). Sometimes you gotta swing for the fences.

Duke Johnson - I will fight anybody who thinks he's a better runner than Crowell, but Duke has claimed a piece of a surprisingly effective passing offense (thanks to Elite Quarterback Josh McCown). He's what we were hoping to see from Abdullah and Cobb and Matt Jones and Roy Helu and (etc etc). If you're in a full-ppr league he's a must-add.

Vereen - PPR guy. Hard to predict his share of the offense but he's reliable and very good and the Giants would be smart to play him more.

Knile Davis - It is also possible that Knile ends up the victor in the RB competition to replace Charles. Has been good in the past as a backup and knows the offense, and reportedly, some people in the org not named Andy Reid like him as "the guy". Expect him to step up if Charmander falters.

McFadden - Seemed to take over the passing-down share as sort of a older slower Dunbar. The offensive line is making him look better than he should be, and Randle is still the guy to own, but DMC could be a useful bye-week guy in ppr.

Sims - Still looks like poo poo as a runner, but it seems like every week he breaks off an impressive catch and run as part of the passing game. His volume has not been huge (14 catches), but he's turned it into nearly 200 yards and 2 touchdowns. I wouldn't feel comfortable playing our lord and saviour Charlie Sims quite yet, but the rapture is nigh he's getting there.

Rawls - Want to know something bizarre? Lynch has one of the highest stuff rates in the NFL, and Rawls one of the lowest. It's like the offensive line suddenly figured poo poo out and started playing non-terribly for run blocking. This more bodes well for Lynch (who could return this week) than for Rawls, but you might as well hold on to him until we know for sure. Lynch had a cascade of injuries that could signify decline and/or overcompensation for something nagging, and both of those could mean more snaps for Rawls (who looked really good). But really, can you imagine the shitstorm that would happen in Seattle if the Hawks lost another game because they didn't give the ball to Beast Mode?

Cobb - People (me) want him to be awesome in ppr, but this is currently a hellhole of a timeshare. Might be more inclined to wait and see what he looks like in pads once back from injury, but he's definitely a guy to keep on your radar.

Injury plays: Khiry/Zo/Riddick/CMike/Langford/Zenner

BrownClown
Dec 7, 2007

Will rap for smash leaks

Emmerdeur posted:

Had Peyton and Tyrod. Traded Peyton right after Week 3, and have Tyrod starting.

Probably my best move of the year. He's been getting me points with his rushes, and he should get better when Watkins and Karlos/McCoy get back.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Lost my week by 7 points and I started Hillman over Gurley, also lost Charles for the season

:toot:

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

What the gently caress do I do with CJ Anderson

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

ZenVulgarity posted:

What the gently caress do I do with CJ Anderson

I'm dropping him this week after shopping him around last. No one wants to touch him and I'm definitely done with him.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Picked up Charmander, and I still have D Lewis, Forsett, and Gurley on bye, but I want to pick up another RB, either Riddick or Vereen.... .5PPR

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I mean, whatever, I still have Ivory, Gurley, and I traded for Foster

Do I just chuck him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

dat one portagee posted:

I'm thinking about streaming the Titans D/St against Miami this week. But the Bengals D/St is also on the wire... Which should I pick up?

I'm going Titans myself and dropping the Bengals for them.

• Locked thread