Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

Beast of Bourbon posted:

pbone4:
5KT4-PQNN-7AAG

5KT4-PQNN-7AAG

Thanks for the pissbone4 key it is appreciated!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNR9Nvjsv9Y&hd=1

Yay movement on the shipbreakers front

and some interesting stuff about cameras

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

Beast of Bourbon posted:

i'll give out some wasteland 2 directors cut codes here, please quote which one you take

xbone:
7KRHC-4K7TM-QQQFD-P79PR-HY69Z

Kickstarted the game but never got my codes. used this one but I'll post mine if I can get them re-sent

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

PipeRifle posted:

Kickstarted the game but never got my codes. used this one but I'll post mine if I can get them re-sent
they should be in your rangers citadel login that you had to make some time after the kickstarter finished

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
got into the ds3 network beta, it's going to be a tough weekend

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
so poo poo went down in the star citizen thread last night. rabbit hole starts here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3744337&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=419#post451357540

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

:mrgw:

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

please summarize for those of us who don't have time to catch up on the star citizen thread and also have never read any of the star citizen thread and also have been largely ignoring star citizen

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
i missed out on keys i think but thats super cool that you did that hmu on steam and i'll find something on ur wishlist to grace you with

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

pseudorandom name posted:

please summarize for those of us who don't have time to catch up on the star citizen thread and also have never read any of the star citizen thread and also have been largely ignoring star citizen
remember gizmondo and the mob ties? turns out there's a strange amount of the same people involved

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

remember gizmondo and the mob ties?

no

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Actually don't do this.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Beast of Bourbon posted:

pbone4:
H57K-N5NB-RB95

either this got lurked or it doesn't work on EU PSN, I keep getting an error message claiming it's either invalid or expired

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

star citizen probably a front for mafia money laundering, will never come out, same people running it as gizmondo, something like that

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Power Ambient posted:

i finally beat sahelanthropus and it was cool, now i'm just trying to make lots of money and get fuel resources and somehow im still not even 50% done

chapter 2 is pretty much an epilogue, as an fyi after they slimmed it down

dont expect it to be as long as chapter 1

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

duckfarts posted:

star citizen probably a front for mafia money laundering, will never come out, same people running it as gizmondo, something like that

will chris roberts crash a ferrari

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

duckfarts posted:

A lot of game companies are laundering machines hth

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp
not that anyone would actually ACCUSE star citizen of being a front for laundering money for the swedish mafia and all

but then, a hell of a lot of money is going into it and seemingly not coming out the other side (aside from paying for a few aging actors)

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

duckfarts posted:

but is it actually like that, or is it just dsmart's growing paranoia?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
wasn't big rigs a mafia front too?

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Space-Pope posted:

evidence points to.... maybe

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

remember gizmondo and the mob ties? turns out there's a strange amount of the same people involved

i don't remember that at all but it sounds really boring

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Space-Pope posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcA9_fKZsG0

coming out tonight, free for people who already have wasteland 2 :woop:
i've been waiting for this to drop

anyone have any sickkk tips for first-timers

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Kenny Logins posted:

toaster repair is a much more useful skill than you probably expect

also absolutely have a medic and a sniper

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

i almost reacted to this news, then i saw the avatar next to your post and remembered who, and what, you are

please leave

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Space-Pope posted:

thread is now basically an Internet detective scavenger hunt run on cryptic clues from derek smart Derek Smart DEREK SMART being derek smart Derek Smart DEREK SMART

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
oh also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APBsG5R43yk

this comes out on the 27th

october's the month of good kickstarter rpgs becoming even better

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Notorious QIG posted:

toaster repair is a much more useful skill than you probably expect

also absolutely have a medic and a sniper
:tipshat:

i know there's now like a perks system that no one has had a chance to spade out but it's still nice to have some basic advice

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Kenny Logins posted:

well a lot of things are being rebalanced so it might be working out differently, but here's a thing that helps with building a party: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OkEArcNyoBArAJbTpwfeoZhxrSGpKft-7jpgmBgUPkA/edit

basically, get a nice spread of characters, with intelligence being the most important stat of all

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Space-Pope posted:

oh also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APBsG5R43yk

this comes out on the 27th

october's the month of good kickstarter rpgs becoming even better
on the one hand, nice

otoh, this'll drive the price back up for a while

basically no chance of a gog sale to get the original and eligibility for a "free upgrade" before then

i do like how gog handled the wasteland 2 upgrade, letting you keep the original separate in case you still want to play old saves etc

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
steams doing the same thing. the directors cut is an entirely new entry, separate from the base game

also age of decadence tomorrow. holy moley where did all this rpg goodness come from

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

maybe if it turns out to be good on ps4 i'll just end up playing it that way

hard to say how that's going to be, with a controller only, but still

worst case scenario i already backed dos2 anyway

lord of the files
Sep 4, 2012

is divinity: original sin a good game to play by yourself or with someone else?

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Nitrocat posted:

oh as a follow-up question, are there any good couch co-op games on wii u or ps4? a friend of mine just beat my copy of dark souls 2 last night and suggested we find something to play together. i guess diablo maybe?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Notorious QIG posted:

oh as a follow-up question, are there any good couch co-op games on wii u or ps4? a friend of mine just beat my copy of dark souls 2 last night and suggested we find something to play together. i guess diablo maybe?
the only thing I know about that is that dos ee is supposed to be couch co-op on ps4. which you probably already knew

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Nitrocat posted:

i only played it single player, but i heard it's fun coop

in single player it's a little awkward when you have to basically role play with yourself, because you make 2 characters and they get into debates and conversations with each other

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Kenny Logins posted:

the only thing I know about that is that dos ee is supposed to be couch co-op on ps4. which you probably already knew

hmm. wonder how he'd feel about a game in that style, don't think he's ever played an isometric rpg

is it turn-based or real time?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Notorious QIG posted:

hmm. wonder how he'd feel about a game in that style, don't think he's ever played an isometric rpg

is it turn-based or real time?
turn-based combat, real time otherwise

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Kenny Logins posted:

turn-based combat, real time otherwise

kk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

i guess the banner feature of couch coop for consoles is that it's split-screen coop

• Locked thread