Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
So disgusting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

AnonSpore posted:

I don't work in the food industry, but before smoking was banned in restaurants I'd regularly see people put out their after-dinner cigarettes into their food. For a lot of them I don't even think it was out of spite or anything. It was just a convenient wet place to put out the cig.

My grandfather's second wife does this with her used insulin needles. Yes, it has been explained to her on multiple occasions that this is a biohazard and can get the restaurant shut down, but you see if she does that someone might notice and ask about her KUNDISHUNS and feel sorry for her. So she has to, you see.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Oh! Here's one that I was reminded of today while at the store. Lots of places here leave their front doors open. I'm not entirely sure why because it doesn't cool down the store any. We also have doves all over the god damned place.

If regular old fat pigeons are flying rats, then doves are flying mice. The this comes to a head when you just see doves flying the gently caress around a department store and no one really gives a poo poo. Especially in a department store with an in-store food place like Costco or walmart. So seeing small nest of doves right above where they're making someone's pizza just kind of makes me wary of that place. I doubt anyone's ever found bird poo poo in their food, but at the same time I doubt they ever paid close enough attention to see it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

cash crab posted:

I just want to point out that I intended that the spirit of this thread also include lovely customers, because those are the best stories (although I maintain that nothing will ever top Weekend at Bernie's Bakery)

I am by all means in favor of hearing more about how people suck with even a modicum of power over someone.

Mouse Dresser posted:

And then you still have to wash all of the dishes.

Here man, lemme help you out

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3737917

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

Nuebot posted:

Oh! Here's one that I was reminded of today while at the store. Lots of places here leave their front doors open. I'm not entirely sure why because it doesn't cool down the store any. We also have doves all over the god damned place.

If regular old fat pigeons are flying rats, then doves are flying mice. The this comes to a head when you just see doves flying the gently caress around a department store and no one really gives a poo poo. Especially in a department store with an in-store food place like Costco or walmart. So seeing small nest of doves right above where they're making someone's pizza just kind of makes me wary of that place. I doubt anyone's ever found bird poo poo in their food, but at the same time I doubt they ever paid close enough attention to see it.
I hate these motherfuckers. You remember that poster that said he accidentally stepped on a pigeon? If there's any bird liable to be stepped on, it's these. One day I was driving toward a dove that darted out of the way, then immediately turned on a dime to stand perfectly still in the path of my tire. The noise it made has stayed with me to this day. Poor suicidal bastard.

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 

cash crab posted:

I'd see him dart out the door, and the hunt would commence to find out where he'd stashed his plate and silverware. Ugh.

Drunk people do this sort of poo poo all the time. I was cleaning out a bar bathroom one night, and randomly looked up and noticed that there were three shot glasses in the ceiling boob light fixture. The place had taller than average ceilings (maybe 15 feet), the boob light was screwed down, and there was nothing in there that they could have used as a step to get up there in the first place. Never underestimate the tenacity of drunken assholes

Mr Confetti
Feb 1, 2013

This loving bird. This motherfucker once got into the old Zippy's I used to work at around lunch time. Spent the rest of my shift trying and failing to shoo it out the door. So about 5 hours. Came in the next day and that bastard was still in there. That was one of the 24/7 stores, I'm still surprised it hadn't poo poo on everything. I did manage to bat it out with a broom though so whatever.

gently caress those birds.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

cash crab posted:

I just want to point out that I intended that the spirit of this thread also include lovely customers, because those are the best stories (although I maintain that nothing will ever top Weekend at Bernie's Bakery)

My least favourite customer of all time was a guy named Todd who used to come into the restaurant three times a week, order pasta and his "special coffee" (the preparation of which was not explained to me; I think it was a double Americano with milk foam or some poo poo) and then hide his dishes around the restaurant. I'd see him dart out the door, and the hunt would commence to find out where he'd stashed his plate and silverware. Ugh.

looks bad Todd

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Astrofig posted:

My grandfather's second wife does this with her used insulin needles. Yes, it has been explained to her on multiple occasions that this is a biohazard and can get the restaurant shut down, but you see if she does that someone might notice and ask about her KUNDISHUNS and feel sorry for her. So she has to, you see.

Jesus loving christ :magical:

Who the gently caress would think putting actual loving medical waste on a restaurant plate is OK? And how does it happen more than once before the dishwashers take a pillow case of frozen oranges to her.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Nuebot posted:

:3: but also ew.

bringmyfishback posted:

looks bad Todd

So rarely do I actually LOL while reading something online. Good show.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
I kinda like how there's nothing quite like the mutual hatred of the zebra dove that unites Hawaii goons more. :3:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

kinmik posted:

I kinda like how there's nothing quite like the mutual hatred of the zebra dove that unites Hawaii goons more. :3:

At least once a week one of them hits my window. They never die, I keep the curtain closed to try and deter them even. But nope without fail I'll be at home relaxing and suddenly BAM. There's feathers stuck to the window, a dazed dove on the ground that flutters off a few minutes later and I'm just trying not to poo poo myself with surprise. I also found a dead one on my steps today. It fell out of its nest and got its head stuck between two planks of wood, snapping its neck trying to get free. These birds are too loving stupid to live but are near indestructible.

Anyway this is probably the tamest story in the thread but I was at a Denny's regretting many life choices with some friends and we were having a good time chatting and slowly eating our meal. One of the waitresses walks by and asks my friend "How are the potatoes?" They had ordered some skillet potatoes. My friend said they were pretty good and the waitress just reaches down and grabs one off the plate and exclaims that yes, they were really good! Then walks off leaving us all confused and somewhat shocked.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Speaking of people with medical issues being complete idiots back before smoking was banned in restaurants people on oxygen tanks would sit in the smoking section and smoke. Aside from the obvious "this is literally killing you right now as we speak why are you still doing it" crap they were often people whose lungs were so hosed up they had to have the nose pipe in attached to their oxygen tanks at all times. They literally could not survive without oxygen tanks.

So they have these little tubes full of oxygen attached to their faces that lead to a metal tank full of oxygen. Which would become shrapnel if the IN FACT ACTUALLY VERY EXPLOSIVE oxygen ever got enough fire to all burn. It was actually against fire code to allow that but if we actually told somebody "no you cannot take your actual loving bomb into the place where there is fire" they'd lose their minds and make the kind of phone call that gets people fired. I was happier about that going away than smoking itself, to be honest. I know the chances of it actually happening aren't exactly huge but they are non-zero, which is why the oxygen tank truck has a huge NO SMOKING YOU DUMB gently caress sign on the side of it.

Oxygen is extremely flammable. Do not gently caress with oxygen.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
Smoking when you need oxygen to breathe is retarded, but oxygen is not flammable. It's an oxidiser/accelerant. You still need a fuel for oxygen to do anything.
If there's a fire in a room already and you have an oxygen tank, well then it can go boom. But no fire, no fuel, oxygen does nothing
Trust me, when I did oxy/acet welding, when you run out of acetylene, you can't weld poo poo.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Nuebot posted:

At least once a week one of them hits my window. They never die, I keep the curtain closed to try and deter them even. But nope without fail I'll be at home relaxing and suddenly BAM. There's feathers stuck to the window, a dazed dove on the ground that flutters off a few minutes later and I'm just trying not to poo poo myself with surprise. I also found a dead one on my steps today. It fell out of its nest and got its head stuck between two planks of wood, snapping its neck trying to get free. These birds are too loving stupid to live but are near indestructible.

Tell me about it, I have a pet ringneck dove.

Ten years old.

Got attacked by a cat once. We thought he was going to be dead then. Nope.

Dove don't crack, neither; bitch looks the same as the day we got it.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Brawnfire posted:

Tell me about it, I have a pet ringneck dove.

Ten years old.

Got attacked by a cat once. We thought he was going to be dead then. Nope.

Dove don't crack, neither; bitch looks the same as the day we got it.

When the world ends in nuclear fire, the cooing of doves will green the new morning.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Speaking of people with medical issues being complete idiots...
Lately a lot of people are bringing animals into restaurants and it's kind of gross. "Oh don't mind my pug, it's a service animal!" then they just let their dog roam around on a relatively uncontrolled leash and the staff obviously want to say something, but can't because if they do they'll probably lose their job for starting poo poo with someone who has a "service dog". I mean I know you can get actual pugs and poo poo as service dogs for things other than being blind. But I dunno, when you're showing a complete lack of respect for anyone else in the vicinity it starts to seem like you're just bullshitting because you don't want to tie your dog up outside.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Nuebot posted:

Lately a lot of people are bringing animals into restaurants and it's kind of gross. "Oh don't mind my pug, it's a service animal!" then they just let their dog roam around on a relatively uncontrolled leash and the staff obviously want to say something, but can't because if they do they'll probably lose their job for starting poo poo with someone who has a "service dog". I mean I know you can get actual pugs and poo poo as service dogs for things other than being blind. But I dunno, when you're showing a complete lack of respect for anyone else in the vicinity it starts to seem like you're just bullshitting because you don't want to tie your dog up outside.

Companion animals have been getting prescribed (is that the word to use?) to people that have issues with depression or loneliness. It actually works, especially in cases where apartments will not allow pets. I actually have met at least a dozen people whose doctor wrote a note that amounted to "this person gets a cat, gently caress you." The one place I worked at actually had regular customer with a service parrot that sat on her shoulder the whole time she was in the store. Dogs can also be trained to detect seizures or impending psychological meltdowns. I met a person who actually has major freakouts if in a crowd too long but can't always remind herself to leave a crowd so she has a dog that looks for the signs and then tugs on her leash and is all "time to go, kid." It's amazing what kinds of things service animals can actually do.

But yeah..."I have a service animal" is no justification for "I just let my dog wander around wherever he wants in public what's the big deal?" Well...it's a huge deal. If your dog wanders over and loves all over some friendly-looking person who is also allergic to dogs, well, good for you your negligence just ruined some random person's dining experience. Places can't legally tell people to not bring their service animals of course but people really do need to control the things.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Companion animals have been getting prescribed (is that the word to use?) to people that have issues with depression or loneliness. It actually works, especially in cases where apartments will not allow pets. I actually have met at least a dozen people whose doctor wrote a note that amounted to "this person gets a cat, gently caress you." The one place I worked at actually had regular customer with a service parrot that sat on her shoulder the whole time she was in the store. Dogs can also be trained to detect seizures or impending psychological meltdowns. I met a person who actually has major freakouts if in a crowd too long but can't always remind herself to leave a crowd so she has a dog that looks for the signs and then tugs on her leash and is all "time to go, kid." It's amazing what kinds of things service animals can actually do.

But yeah..."I have a service animal" is no justification for "I just let my dog wander around wherever he wants in public what's the big deal?" Well...it's a huge deal. If your dog wanders over and loves all over some friendly-looking person who is also allergic to dogs, well, good for you your negligence just ruined some random person's dining experience. Places can't legally tell people to not bring their service animals of course but people really do need to control the things.

Sorry for the derail, but: I don't think you can actually get them registered if they're emotional support animals. I've seen a few. One guy, a veteran, used to bring around a rabbit. She wore a sign alerting everyone of the fact that she was a service animal. Anyway, service animals can't be released from their harnesses in places that otherwise do not permit animals. If you take them off their harnesses, most animals (chiefly dogs) think they're "on break" and will act accordingly. (Example: when I worked a pet supply store, a blind woman who regularly came in let her dog, Lagoon, off her leash, because that was her "break time" and we let her walk around unsupervised. So, while we were discussing Game of Thrones, which she was reading on audiobook, Lagoon tore open a 35lb bag of food and ate so much of it before we could pull her away that there wasn't enough left over to discount and sell. It was loving hysterical.)

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

cash crab posted:

Sorry for the derail, but: I don't think you can actually get them registered if they're emotional support animals. I've seen a few. One guy, a veteran, used to bring around a rabbit. She wore a sign alerting everyone of the fact that she was a service animal. Anyway, service animals can't be released from their harnesses in places that otherwise do not permit animals. If you take them off their harnesses, most animals (chiefly dogs) think they're "on break" and will act accordingly. (Example: when I worked a pet supply store, a blind woman who regularly came in let her dog, Lagoon, off her leash, because that was her "break time" and we let her walk around unsupervised. So, while we were discussing Game of Thrones, which she was reading on audiobook, Lagoon tore open a 35lb bag of food and ate so much of it before we could pull her away that there wasn't enough left over to discount and sell. It was loving hysterical.)

Yeah, there's a pretty clear line between "companion animal" and "service animal." Companion animals are generally not allowed in businesses, but service animals are. That, of course, doesn't stop shitheads from lying in order to be allowed to bring their dog into the pub or whatever. "Yeah, this pitbull, you know, the one with the 'collar' that is actually a chain with a decorative padlock dangling from it? He's my service animal. I'ma come in and eat 25-cent wings and drink a few beers while he runs around pissing on everything"

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Yeah, there's a pretty clear line between "companion animal" and "service animal." Companion animals are generally not allowed in businesses, but service animals are. That, of course, doesn't stop shitheads from lying in order to be allowed to bring their dog into the pub or whatever. "Yeah, this pitbull, you know, the one with the 'collar' that is actually a chain with a decorative padlock dangling from it? He's my service animal. I'ma come in and eat 25-cent wings and drink a few beers while he runs around pissing on everything"

Yeah that's where it gets problematic. People can lie their faces off about it and no business wants to be That Place that ends up plastered all over the news for being jerks and denying service animals. Even if it's blatantly obvious and well-known that the person is lying you're still at risk of some news establishment that cares more about ratings than truth (well that's all of them now, isn't it?) refusing to shut up about that place that refused a service animal.

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010
Companion animals are to be treated exactly like service animals because they ARE service animals. Service animals are required to remain in the control of the owner, well behaved and non-disruptive.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

MAKE NO BABBYS posted:

Companion animals are to be treated exactly like service animals because they ARE service animals. Service animals are required to remain in the control of the owner, well behaved and non-disruptive.

ADA guidelines say otherwise:

quote:

III. Other Support or Therapy Animals

While Emotional Support Animals or Comfort Animals are often used as part of a medical treatment plan as therapy animals, they are not considered service animals under the ADA. These support animals provide companionship, relieve loneliness, and sometimes help with depression, anxiety, and certain phobias, but do not have special training to perform tasks that assist people with disabilities. Even though some states have laws defining therapy animals, these animals are not limited to working with people with disabilities and therefore are not covered by federal laws protecting the use of service animals. Therapy animals provide people with therapeutic contact, usually in a clinical setting, to improve their physical, social, emotional, and/or cognitive functioning.

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Yeah that's where it gets problematic. People can lie their faces off about it and no business wants to be That Place that ends up plastered all over the news for being jerks and denying service animals. Even if it's blatantly obvious and well-known that the person is lying you're still at risk of some news establishment that cares more about ratings than truth (well that's all of them now, isn't it?) refusing to shut up about that place that refused a service animal.

I'm not sure why, but lying about having a service dog irritates me more than practically anything else. I'm not sure if this is an Oregon-specific thing, but if you have a service dog (to the best of my knowledge they're always dogs) they are required, by law, to wear a vest noting them as such, and you have to carry an ID card that is issued by the service that accredited them as service dogs. No paperwork, dog doesn't come inside. I don't "card" every service dog that comes in, because that's stupid, but when your dog is obviously a pet and clearly hasn't gone through the super intense training that is required to get a service dog accreditation and you tell me "oh don't mind my dog getting up on someone else's table, he's a service dog wink wink" you will definitely get kicked out if your paperwork isn't in order. You're a liar on top of being a lovely pet owner, and you're making the business owner liable for whatever your lovely dog does.

Radio Help has a new favorite as of 20:31 on Oct 13, 2015

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
This is a good article about how people take advantage of the 'companion animal' classification because most people don't know what the actual laws are and are often too afraid of offending or discriminating against a disabled person to challenge them on the validity of their companion animal.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Nuebot posted:

Anyway this is probably the tamest story in the thread but I was at a Denny's regretting many life choices with some friends and we were having a good time chatting and slowly eating our meal. One of the waitresses walks by and asks my friend "How are the potatoes?" They had ordered some skillet potatoes. My friend said they were pretty good and the waitress just reaches down and grabs one off the plate and exclaims that yes, they were really good! Then walks off leaving us all confused and somewhat shocked.

I went to Denny's once with my boyfriend at the time. He's Canadian, and on a trip to the US he fell in love with IHOP (no, I have no idea), so we thought maybe Denny's would be similar. Anyways, he got a big ol' pube in his omelette. We called the manager over and the dud elooked him full in the face, then down at the pube- it was lying in an accusatory sort of ketchup smear- and back at my boyfriend.

"Uhhh...okay, it's free?"

The worst part is that the rest of us ate our food because we were hungover enough to do so.

Oh, and said boyfriend used to work at the McDonalds at Union Station in toronto and apparently they would put their feet on all the hamburger patties.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Wtf, the manager expected him to eat it anyway?

Eh, if the patties were cooked properly there shouldn't be a problem :barf:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Outrail posted:

Wtf, the manager expected him to eat it anyway?

Eh, if the patties were cooked properly there shouldn't be a problem :barf:

Exactly 99.9% of bacteria on pubes die by the time you're up to 150, and if the cook was properly hygienic (as one expects in such a fine establishment) the pubes should already be clean.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme

bringmyfishback posted:

I went to Denny's once with my boyfriend at the time. He's Canadian, and on a trip to the US he fell in love with IHOP (no, I have no idea), so we thought maybe Denny's would be similar. Anyways, he got a big ol' pube in his omelette. We called the manager over and the dud elooked him full in the face, then down at the pube- it was lying in an accusatory sort of ketchup smear- and back at my boyfriend.

"Uhhh...okay, it's free?"

The worst part is that the rest of us ate our food because we were hungover enough to do so.

Oh, and said boyfriend used to work at the McDonalds at Union Station in toronto and apparently they would put their feet on all the hamburger patties.

I can understand the IHOP love. I first tried an IHOP in Edmonton and it was really great, but then I went to the one in Calgary and it was mediocre. Denny's, on the other hand, is straight-up awful everywhere in the world.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I ended up at a Denny's with my mom and grandma on my birthday on our way to a wedding. They're supposed to give the birthday person their meal free, which is why we went there.

Not this poo poo hole. They discounted the cheapest meal, which was my grandma's senior meal. We had to fight to have it corrected.

Never go to Denny's ever, even when it's free. They'll gently caress you over.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

bringmyfishback posted:

:smith: I am a Torontian and I love McDonald's so thank you for the warning.

I thought it was understood that Denny's was bad. They use an ice cream scoop for their butter, how good can it be?

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Denny's redeemed itself with a single tweet last year and I won't hear any further slander against my favorite drunken pancake house

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Denny's redeemed itself with a single tweet last year and I won't hear any further slander against my favorite drunken pancake house

This suggests that there is piss in Denny's, however

Also, I suddenly can't stop thinking about my favourite thing, which is this: http://gawker.com/my-14-hour-search-for-the-end-of-tgi-fridays-endless-ap-1606122925

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

Radio Help posted:

I'm not sure why, but lying about having a service dog irritates me more than practically anything else. I'm not sure if this is an Oregon-specific thing, but if you have a service dog (to the best of my knowledge they're always dogs) they are required, by law, to wear a vest noting them as such, and you have to carry an ID card that is issued by the service that accredited them as service dogs. No paperwork, dog doesn't come inside. I don't "card" every service dog that comes in, because that's stupid, but when your dog is obviously a pet and clearly hasn't gone through the super intense training that is required to get a service dog accreditation and you tell me "oh don't mind my dog getting up on someone else's table, he's a service dog wink wink" you will definitely get kicked out if your paperwork isn't in order. You're a liar on top of being a lovely pet owner, and you're making the business owner liable for whatever your lovely dog does.

I was totally this guy. My 60+ neighbor was in the hospital off and on for 3 months and I watched his dog for him. He says he is a service animal and the leash says that on the leash but I don't believe him. I live in downtown Portland and took that dog everywhere, he's a great dog, little jack russel mutt terrier that doesn't care about other dogs or kids and won't poo poo or piss inside, but he's still a dumb dog that would run in to traffic without a leash. It was pretty funny how no one ever told me he wasn't allowed inside.

So I guess my unpopular opinion is I don't want to tie my neighbors dog up downtown when I can just say gently caress it and walk in like we own the place.

Edit: ok I would usually ask before coming in but I think when my mom was in town we ate at like five good resteraunts downtown over a couple weeks and no one said no.

Fragmented has a new favorite as of 06:36 on Oct 21, 2015

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
Our lead line cook once saw a guy dipping caramel apples de-glove their hand in a stock pot of molten caramel. He was apparently blitzed on oxy and god knows what and didn't notice he failed to put an apple on the stick so he kept putting it deeper and deeper into the caramel until he was up to his wrist. Between the drugs and shock, he calmy said "oh poo poo" when he saw his skeleton hand and sat down to wait for the ambulance.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

Babylon Astronaut posted:

Our lead line cook once saw a guy dipping caramel apples de-glove their hand in a stock pot of molten caramel. He was apparently blitzed on oxy and god knows what and didn't notice he failed to put an apple on the stick so he kept putting it deeper and deeper into the caramel until he was up to his wrist. Between the drugs and shock, he calmy said "oh poo poo" when he saw his skeleton hand and sat down to wait for the ambulance.

My mother used to manage a donut store. At some point a worker accidentally dumped a giant vat of boiling glaze over his foot. (apparently it had casters and one of them failed or something?) She was on the phone to corporate at the time and didn't see it happen, and he didn't even scream, just said, 'I think I'm going to need to go to the hospital.' She waves him off at first until he shakes her shoulder and shows her his shoe completely coated in glaze and says 'I think I'm going to need to go NOW.'

The worst part, apparently, was him taking the shoe and sock off to drive himself (not wanting to wait for an ambulance) and degloving his entire foot.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Surely that would be 'de-socking'?

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
So I guess this relates!

Back in 2001 or 2002, My sisters were attending college Stateside and were heading back home near Christmas. They were put up in a lovely motel in a little Southern town for the night before their flight. They walked over to a Waffle House for a late dinner and save for a couple of truckers, the place was empty. They did notice, however, that these guys kept staring at them. And discussing what they were wearing over a phone. And occasionally coming over to the table to stare down at them. My sisters weren't really sure what to do, so they decided to finish up quickly and book it.

During this, the waitress became increasingly insistent on refilling their tea. She ended up snatching up one of their glasses and refilling it, then quickly scurried away. When one sister took a sip, she noticed it tasted weird. She passed it to the other, who confirmed something was very loving wrong. Oh, gently caress.

They left then and there and full ran back to their lovely little motel room. Other than a vehicle pacing the street for a little while after and one of my sisters feeling sick and high, nothing happened. They were on an international flight come morning.

And then a couple of years later, a chopped up body was found in a toolbox in the Waffle House's parking lot. :stare:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Oh

That's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

When I started this thread, I was honestly expecting stories like, "one time the line cook threw up on himself" but naturally you guys have to go ahead and out-do yourselves.

• Locked thread