Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
It's been a hard few days of blood bowl for me. I mean I'm still winning games, but I get poo poo like this; I was dwaves, vs wood elves. Scoreboard 2-0 by turn 16, but I failed to injure a single elf the entire game. I even had a bribe from inducements and dropped 4 or 5 fouls on war dancers. I did put up something like 10 KOs though. The elfs got 2 cas on me. What the gently caress :(

Followed by about 4 games of orcs or chaos not scoring a single CAS either. A real drought over here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
I know the feeling.
Last game I played with my Chaos team was vs Wood Elves, and I ended the game with only 7 on the pitch vs his 10.
I suffered 2 injuries and 2 KO's, to his only 1 KO.

I have some beastmen with ClawMB and I was certainly going for more blocks than he was. That is just nuffle right there. (also him having 7AV over his whole team vs my 8AV and 9AV).

Especially with Dwarves if you can't knock at least 2 or 3 players off the field in the first half versus Elf Bullshit you're not going to win. At least you can count on your trollslayers to crowdsurf.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

Evernoob posted:

At least you can count on your trollslayers to crowdsurf.

I even have beer stands to make those surfs hurt more, still didn't get anything worse than a KO out of it.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I'm developing frenzy saurus's because if I can't kill people reliably I can at least smash the poo poo out of half their team and run down the clock.

Apparently running down the clock makes people angry as hell

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Do stadium enhancements in bb2 add to team value? I want to mess with them but not completely over bloat my team.

Also for getting into fumbbl, is ranked good for just casual pick up games not necessarily just with goons?

Rogue
May 11, 2002

CascadeBeta posted:

Do stadium enhancements in bb2 add to team value? I want to mess with them but not completely over bloat my team.

Also for getting into fumbbl, is ranked good for just casual pick up games not necessarily just with goons?

Ranked is what you want. You can choose to avoid certain races you don't want to play against and people are generally very friendly.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

CascadeBeta posted:

Your stadium level and enhancement has no bearing on your TV.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012

CascadeBeta posted:

These enhancements do not seem to increase your TV, as the effect is "beneficial/detrimental" for both teams.
I guess these enhancments are there to show the "home team advantage" so the beer stand or bribe thingy are something you can really build your team around for maximum profit.
High Elves seem to favor the Weather bubble. I just like the Astrogranite alot for general teams.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Dorfs should clearly take Referee Rest Area and abuse that bonus Deathrolla drive

torsoboy
Sep 9, 2001

lesbian armada overlord

Evernoob posted:

I know the feeling.
Last game I played with my Chaos team was vs Wood Elves, and I ended the game with only 7 on the pitch vs his 10.
I suffered 2 injuries and 2 KO's, to his only 1 KO.

I have some beastmen with ClawMB and I was certainly going for more blocks than he was. That is just nuffle right there. (also him having 7AV over his whole team vs my 8AV and 9AV).

Especially with Dwarves if you can't knock at least 2 or 3 players off the field in the first half versus Elf Bullshit you're not going to win. At least you can count on your trollslayers to crowdsurf.

Claw doesn't do much against av7, just like dodge doesn't do all that much against tackle.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
Man, I have been playing some people that are bad at protecting the ball with my wood elves lately. Common guys, i know i have leap to get into your cages, but that does not mean the answer is to ignore cages and just mark up my guys... I just dodge out and hit the ball carrier every time... meanwhile if he caged i would have to mark up to get at least a 1D block, and even if i made it my opponent would at least get some blocks against me elves out of it... Basically because of this i have run up the score in a couple games and now have a +MV +AG Wardancer, and another with Sidestep and strip ball... Not to mention my accurate safe throw thrower...

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Rygar201 posted:

Dorfs should clearly take Referee Rest Area and abuse that bonus Deathrolla drive

The Dorf player I went up against last night had 460000 in petty cash and didn't buy an extra deathrolla and all the bribes he could carry.

I was honestly quite upset.

bisonbison
Jul 18, 2002

Any tips on inducement strategy? My ~1450 orcs just walked into a ~1600 amazon buzzsaw. I never know if cards, star players or other things are the most helpful.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
What inducements are available? The answer to that question varies wildly depending on which game you're playing and what settings you're under.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

bisonbison posted:

Any tips on inducement strategy? My ~1450 orcs just walked into a ~1600 amazon buzzsaw. I never know if cards, star players or other things are the most helpful.

Wizard. Wait for/force them to bunch up, and chuck it.

bisonbison
Jul 18, 2002

Coolguye posted:

What inducements are available? The answer to that question varies wildly depending on which game you're playing and what settings you're under.

fumbbl - [b]

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Yeah, grab a wizard, force them to cage up real tight, and then throw a fireball at half their team at once. Hope for some fun CAS hits.

Your other main option is another RR and some Bloodweiser Babes, but the latter isn't gonna help you since your AV is high enough that you shouldn't be seeing a ton of KOs, and an additional reroll likely won't help with your primary problem - namely, that you're likely lacking the amount of Tackle and other skills you need to really control the pitch.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Is there any sort of release schedule for when Blood Bowl 2 is actually going to be a full game or is it stuck at 10 teams (most bad) for $50 for a while?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

bisonbison posted:

Cards are fun. On the whole, Magic Items are more defensive, DIrty Tracks more offensive, though it's a lucky dip of very situational stuff. Take a look through the manual to get a feel of what's what. Most stars aren't worth the money, especially the more costly ones. 300k for a loner without blodge who'll steal MVP. Obvious exceptions are the saw guys, who own. Wizards are very good. To be honest, with that difference and those teams, I'd probably buy the Orc Saw guy (what is he... Ulgroth?) and a Dirty Tricks card.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

I never asked for this. But by god, am I going to loving take it.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
These stadium enhancements are actually really neat. I like it. Can you use different ones in the same match?

Referee Rest Area: Both teams receive 1 bribe
- Underworld (Goblins actually on the pitch tend to be pricey, and Underworld has a few secret weapon star players)
- Goblins (Duh)
- Dwarves (Deathrolla might actually be worth it if he's available for both Dwarf drives and they have several Star Players with Secret Weapon)
- Khemri (Get more value out of that 20k Dirty Player skill on a skeleton, makes Sinnedbad a decent pick since he can be used on TWO defensive drives)
- Chaos (losing a 60k Beastman to ejection is risky, and Chaos is a team that wants to foul)

Astrogranite: +1 to Armor Rolls from failed GFIs
- This one is a draw, imo.. there are situations when it would benefit one team over another, but not consistently nor reliably.

ElfTurf: -1 to Armor Rolls from failed GFIs
TTM attempts usually involve GFIs, so while this might save a +AG stunty guy, it doesn't actually improve their odds of scoring. Ogres, Halfling, Goblins. Pretty meh.

Royal Box: Doubles all gains and losses of Fan Factor
Yessssssss. Farm those losses prior to a tournament (you know, if Cyanide had an active tourney scene for its public divisions)

Squig Sandwich Stand: Throw a Rock and Get the Ref events are cancelled
Pixel Hugger choice. Good for avoiding those rare Legend-murdering rocks.

Nuffle altar: Star players cost $50,000 less.
Holy poo poo if this can be combined with Referee Rest Area for the teams that use secret weapon Stars.

Magic Dome: The Weather always starts as Nice and Changing Weather kickoff event is cancelled.
Khemri rejoice. And Hail Mary Pass offense actually becomes almost a legit tactic when it can't be negated by weather!

Magician's Shop: Both teams get a wizard.
Gross. And dumb. Gross and dumb. RIP Khemri.

Security Gate: Riot and Pitch Invasion kick-off events are cancelled
Dumb and boring. Guess it's okay if you don't like random kick-off events.

Beer Stand: +1 on Inj Rolls for players pushed off pitch.
Cool for Frenzy teams I guess!

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
As I recall you can only choose one stadium modifier per team.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

It surprises me that they have so many 'X kick off event is cancelled' improvements, but do not have one that cancels "Blitz!"

Throw A Rock has special snowflake murdering potential and all but the number of times it really affects the game is somewhat limited. Blitz changes everything every single time it comes up.

ProZocK
Apr 22, 2013
Here, to make up for dicing you, multiple times, have some nice, calm text.

Coolguye posted:

It surprises me that they have so many 'X kick off event is cancelled' improvements, but do not have one that cancels "Blitz!"

Throw A Rock has special snowflake murdering potential and all but the number of times it really affects the game is somewhat limited. Blitz changes everything every single time it comes up.

I think they couldn't come up with an excuse for an improvement to affect that, can you think of any?

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Extra referee.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
What's the best way to gently caress up a POMB claw team anyway?

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

Sgt. Anime Pederast posted:

Armor 8/7 Team.
LOTS of guard.
Dirty Player/Sneaky Git
Bribes

Basically Gobbos.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Sgt. Anime Pederast posted:

Generally lots of Fend, since it negates Piling On. Dodge also helps a lot since they will most likely be short on Tackle.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
So Amazon's with fend?

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
im not an expert but it depends on how many pombers they got. if they got only a few, foul them since they're laying down a lot, or just shove a dude against them thats annoying to punch, like someone with wrestle/fend or some shmuck with 7av anyways who you dont care about. or just play elfy and don't let them get you without having to use a blitz (and then combine it so the only guys they can blitz without burning dice are worthless poo poo you dont care about)

consider taking fend/wrestle or other skills that reduce their ability to get any free 2dbs aside from the initial LoS murder pit and their blitz. fend also cancels PO so thats helpful. another option which will get you sneered at by people who manage their TV is to just take a bunch of lovely linemen to die at them / foul with. guard is cool too.

if you can help it, try to get your opponents to spread out while you play concentrated. this helps if you have the ball and go gently caress off somewhere with it so they might make the mistake of chasing the ball guy with a few dudes, letting you maybe hopefully beat them up with better numbers.

desperation moves are fouling with your good players so they can hide in the penalty box rather than risk being eaten alive.

be wary of scoring against them outside of turn 8/16, since it gives them a free turn to beat up your LoS some more. stalling a bunch is handy. then again you can just put trash on your los and not care when they eat poo poo and die. still, id recommend avoiding falling behind in numbers too much since the weakness of PO start to get more painful when their team is outnumbered (better opportunities to foul, and they won't contribute defensively)

just remember a lot of pomb teams only want to bash instead of giving a poo poo about scoring so

other people will have better advice since im a scrub who mostly just beats up AI players for a living because real players are scary

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

The best way to gently caress up POMBers is to be AV7 already and just score while they're loving you up, or have your own POMBers to gently caress them up first.

POMBers exist to counter high armor value bash that tends to rise to high TV because they are really hard to kill. Like Orcs.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
Just played a Chaos ClawPOMB team with 1150 Humans (matchmaker must've got desperate, I had 330K inducements). Once I got done making GBS threads myself and started playing evasively I managed to hold him off ok, got a lucky injury on a beastman, and scooped up the ball on his drive. Was about to score on turn 6 and he ragequit.

I got lucky with the pain. He stunned/KO'd the poo poo out of my dudes. My Ogre in particular had one turn of action before spending the rest stunned. I'm glad he quit because I doubt I'd have survived the game.

Tiler Kiwi posted:

just remember a lot of pomb teams only want to bash instead of giving a poo poo about scoring so

Absolutely this.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

TheMcD posted:

I never asked for this. But by god, am I going to loving take it.

Holy poo poo is that fantastic or what? In a perfect world amazon catchers or throwers would be Agi4. But then all goblins would come with sneakey git, and halflings dirty player.

Washout fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Oct 14, 2015

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Victor Vermis posted:

Astrogranite: +1 to Armor Rolls from failed GFIs
- This one is a draw, imo.. there are situations when it would benefit one team over another, but not consistently nor reliably.

Astrogranite is secretly the best enhancement for elf teams, because their movement forces the opposition to do more GFIs. I wouldn't use granite with skaven though since GFIs and one turn touchdowns is their bread and butter.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Oct 14, 2015

spacemarine1999
Nov 26, 2013

The memory
of this experience
will fade
Hey guys,

I'll use this thread to shamelessly plug a my (BB2 - PC) league that is looking for some more players so we can fill up our season 1.

We have about 15 signups so far with the anouncement only being live for half a day.

I wanted to do something different and interesting to watch how it plays out. So season 1 is going to have this ruleset:

- only Human & Orc teams permitted during Rumble Bowl - Season 1
- no ‘big guy’ players permitted (see Roster Changes below for details)
- no buying of ‘Star Players’ permitted during the inducement phase
- no buying of a ‘Wizard’ permitted during the inducement phase or for stadium upgrades
- 3 minute turn times
- only new teams for Season 1
- no aging

All details here: https://www.reddit.com/r/bloodbowl/comments/3okxmu/rumble_bowl_season_1_announcement/

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

No big guys includes no Black Orcs :eyepop:

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"
There is a good reason you have trouble finding payers.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Something different = just get the most cookie-cutter teams and remove the only things that actually make them interesting, got it

Orv
May 4, 2011
I see competitive Battlefield is leaking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Just make it human only. You've heavily nerfed orcs with a very mild nerf to humans. And that's ON TOP of Cyanide's pretty big buff to humans with the release of Blood Bowl 2.

Your top 8 in each league will all be human teams. Anyone getting an orc team there will be a pretty awesome player with such crippling penalties for rolling orc.

• Locked thread