Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenin
Nov 5, 2004
Quick question: did they ever patch in a restart run button for the PS4 or Vita versions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Not that I've noticed, no

Taratang
Sep 4, 2002

Grand Master

Usenet Magic-User posted:

Just came into say Rebirth will be FREE for PSN+ owners during the month of November!!! just saved me the cost of ordering it on steam. As I moused over the thread I thought to myself this month was super meat boy what if I got this for free instead.
Not likely, it was a free PS+ title November 2014.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I could have sworn I edited that out of the OP a long time ago. Oops. I did that and added poo poo about Afterbirth in there now

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Just started an Eden run with the pact and curved horn. Libra and magic mushroom on the 1st floor. Should be fun.

FYRH 7SkA

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Caves new music sounds real good. And I dunno about anyone else, but I liked both soundtracks, and mix and matched them in the game using that flash music replacer mod. That way I can have the best of both to my own tastes.

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.
New Afterbirth info got shown/revealed on a stream:
https://www.reddit.com/r/bindingofisaac/comments/3oso8u/new_content_in_the_afterbirth_stream/

AFTERBIRTHNew content in the Afterbirth stream (self.bindingofisaac)

submitted 4 hours ago * by Thunderstrike462

New floor transitions (Isaac running in a dress, kids come and laugh at him.)

New Gaper. Slower than usual, leaves behind full sized creep that dissipates quicker than usual. Occasionally shoots bullets at you.

Rosary Bead redesign, string is now grey.

The map shows trinkets as grey stars, not yellow.

New pill color, black and yellow.

New babies.

Boss room's door's eyes glow red occasionally. Stop glowing once the boss is killed.

Boss health bar flashes orange when the boss' health changes a large amount. (?)

New yellow flies (Not the corn ones), Swarm in a huge cloud towards Isaac. Seem not to collide with each other as much and move faster than normal.

Burning Fatty, leaves behind a fire when it dies.

They added about "an hour of new music"

About 100 new item combinations

Item rooms can have enemies inside. There were black flies only though.

Tractor Beam: "Control your tears" Tears stay in a straight line in front of you. No firing tears diagonally by moving sideways while firing. Possibly a tears up. This was the "Bane item" with the blue beam teased very long ago.

No specific release date for the PS4. Possibly for XBox One. They have no idea if it's coming to the 3DS or the PS Vita.

Little Horn's holes make you fall in then come out of another hole.

Said that modding support might come next year.

Apparently a spoiler if they keep talking about Angel Rooms.

STEVEN IN THE GOLDEN CHEST POOL.

New Pickup. Didn't get to see that well but looked like a brown bag. Dropped a couple pickups (a battery, coins, a bomb)

Tech X. "Laser Ring Tears." Chargeable, shoots a tear that's essentially a Ludo+tech projectile. Charging shoots a larger circle. Lasers stop moving once the outer circle hits a wall.

New Item: Mr. Dolly. Range + Tears up. Looks like a Maggy Doll.

Floor Transition: Isaac is shown naked. His dick falls off, and he screams out in distress.

New consumable item. Emergency Contact: "Help from above." Looked somewhat like a Ouija Board.

New Depths alternate: Dank depths.

Black, killable flying skulls

Black Globin, spawned black creep on death (first death). Probably slows like Gish creep.

Black Squirt, leaves black creep as it slides.

Lil' Brim flashes red if it can fire.

Sorry, I can't seem to upload pictures to imgur.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

asterioth posted:

New Afterbirth info got shown/revealed on a stream:
https://www.reddit.com/r/bindingofisaac/comments/3oso8u/new_content_in_the_afterbirth_stream/

No specific release date for the PS4. Possibly for XBox One. They have no idea if it's coming to the 3DS or the PS Vita.

That's odd since Edmund already confirmed the PS4/Vita release for the end of the year.

AntiPseudonym
Apr 1, 2007
I EAT BABIES

:dukedog:

Ferroque posted:

Also the guy who made the rebirth music used to be in Sleepytime Gorilla Museum and I like them.

Oh huh, I had no idea about that! I loving love SGM so probably explains why I like the Rebirth soundtrack so much.

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

Looking forward to the dank depths

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
That reminds me the one other Rebirth track I didn't like was Catacombs. Vanilla's sounded way better.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Oct 15, 2015

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Usenet Magic-User posted:

Just came into say Rebirth will be FREE for PSN+ owners during the month of November!!! just saved me the cost of ordering it on steam. As I moused over the thread I thought to myself this month was super meat boy what if I got this for free instead.

Are you sure you aren't looking at an old article? Isaac was free on PS+ when it released, which was November of 2014.

edit: beaten several posts ago

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I cannot believe there are still 2 weeks left until I can play another version of this goddamn game

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Super good seed here with Isaac M9W7 ETJB
Crickets Head, Magic Mush, Ipecac, Proptosis, Little Chad/Dark Bum , Holy Mantle, Pyromaniac for beating Boss Rush, BFF tons of shot speed. I went through the last 4 floors taking almost no damage what so ever.

Edit: Don't know if D6 rolls are seeded so this seed might be significantly less awesome if that is the case.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Want an ease of an Eden run? Try W2GR N3FW as your seed (PC), you'l start with Epic Fetus and a White Pony, PHD in the starting item room, a teleport to the devil room (Dark Matter) to the left, and a whole bunch of damage ups along the way. Also at least two crawlspaces I encountered. Two types of pills were speed up, ect. Not sure what the natural first boss would drop, my telepill got me to the I Am Error Room with a BoR, so my first boss was Blue Famine (used a card).

It was a super satisfying run after having to quit one that had triple homing knives by caves 1 and ended on Issac with cursed eye and no damage thanks to me forgetting what Missingno did. Didn't think to get the Seed either.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Ok, what the gently caress?

Doing challenge 19, the family man.

YINS 6MAB, go up two spaces, use dad's key, it unlocks the shop, and both secret rooms. Use a bomb on a rock in the boss room? Fate! (it gives wings and an eternal heart)

This is gonna be a good run.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

I'm playing Solar System and there's something I'm not clear on - do 'damage'/'DMG' upgrades affect your various flies?

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
Depends on the follower but it's best to assume no

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

BreakAtmo posted:

I'm playing Solar System and there's something I'm not clear on - do 'damage'/'DMG' upgrades affect your various flies?

No, all the orbital flies count as familiars so only BFF improves the damage they do.

Blue flies are affected by damage upgrades. The ones that die when they fly into monsters.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

IMJack posted:

No, all the orbital flies count as familiars so only BFF improves the damage they do.

Blue flies are affected by damage upgrades. The ones that die when they fly into monsters.

Balls. I've been trying to beat this for ages and never found a BFFs.

e: Literally just found one. Only barely able to pay for it, too.

e2: Aaaaand finally beat Solar System. Probably helped that I also found a Prayer Card. Big flies and many hearts.

BreakAtmo fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Oct 17, 2015

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Night Light

Slowdown effects are up there with piercing shots among win buttons, IMO. The cone effect is pretty cool.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
That's a really good concept for an item. Seems like it'll be a more fun version of the Stopwatch.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
From that interview linked in the blog post:

quote:

Interviewer: My non-gaming girlfriend plays Rebirth on the Vita constantly. Have you noticed or been surprised by the cross-gender appeal of the Isaac games?

Ed: Yeah. I have. It's very appealing to women for some reason, and I don't know why.

When I originally created it, one of the driving forces for me was the fact that my wife played it. She likes games, but she's not big into the hardcore stuff like Spelunky, and never really got that into anything I had been working on, but with Isaac she went in deep.

She was 120 hours in before that game even came out, and she was the reason why I made the DLC for it, because she was done and I wanted to see her keep playing it.

A lot of female friends who don't normally play a lot of games seem to get hooked in and play it a lot, and yeah. I have no idea. For whatever reason it does definitely seem to speak to women.

Aww :shobon:

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

I hope it takes a hint from Mario and freezes ghost enemies completely.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I can't wait to see it on a curse of darkness floor.

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

If you 've got monstro's lung + ipecac, don't use it on the donation machine unless you want to take like 40-50 cents out of it. I fired one barrage on the donation machine, thinking it would register as only one hit giving me the 3-4 cents i needed, but apparently every single explosion counts even if they're happening at the same time.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

BJPaskoff posted:

I can't wait to see it on a curse of darkness floor.

This is why it'll be auto-buy for me.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Night light looks really fun and way more interesting than the stopwatch since enemies need to be in the cone of influence to be affected

Balobam
Apr 28, 2012

so i was tryna fill in my post-it with maggie, was missing satan, boss rush, the lamb

first boss - famine, sweet got me a cube

second treasure room - unicorn stump

gg

kill boss, get devil room - goat head, sweet

next floor, nothing of note, kill the boss, accidentally pick up the hp up, go into satan and sure enough 9 lives (and only 9 lives) but why not im basically immortal

next deal with the devil i get fearshot and lord of the pit

rest of the game goes by in a rainbow blur of meat killing everything in my path

sheol, this was a bit trickier but still doable, about 5 rooms before the boss i find a joker card, oh nice i wonder if i'll get items - 2 deals and a red chest - mom's knife - guppy's hairball - the red chest contained guppy's tail, i had 1 red health so i had a choice between becoming guppy and mom's knife

looking back, mom's knife was 100% the right option as it combos so well with what i have already, on top of being insane in it's own right

instead what i did was open the red chest first and bounce off it, knocking myself out the devil room, picking up nothing

i then died 8 times to the lamb, the end

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Holy poo poo, I finally beat a Lost run (ending with The Lamb). Thank gently caress, because my counter was nearly at -800. I had Holy Mantle and Dad Cat, of course, but my offensive package wasn't the best I've had - Monstro's Lung + the fear shots Devil Room item, along with a bunch of DMG and fire rate buffs, so I could actually shoot quite quickly. drat powerful, but I've seen combos where you don't even need to worry about aiming.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
What's the consensus about starting a fresh run when Afterbirth drops? I still have quite a few things to unlock with the basic game, mostly LOST stuff but I'd like to play around with the smaller item pool again, so I don't know.

Also tried replaying old flash Isaac a bit. Jesus, how did we cope with that?

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Finally finished Real Platinum God with a nice little breaking run this morning before work. The last two items I needed? Holy Grail and fuckin' Guardian Angel.

Basically, gently caress Angel deals.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Oh, I forgot to mention something. Have you guys seen the vicious Sheol room that has 4 Husks that constantly show blood and spawn black bomb-flies? Because I got that while under the Curse of Darkness. Easily one of the most frustrating rooms I ever beat.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!

Vegastar posted:

Finally finished Real Platinum God with a nice little breaking run this morning before work. The last two items I needed? Holy Grail and fuckin' Guardian Angel.

Basically, gently caress Angel deals.

It's funny, when I needed the last few Angel items I rarely saw the room spawn. Now that I have RPG and just play for fun, I get them every run when I'd rather see Devil Rooms

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

ChogsEnhour posted:

What's the consensus about starting a fresh run when Afterbirth drops? I still have quite a few things to unlock with the basic game, mostly LOST stuff but I'd like to play around with the smaller item pool again, so I don't know.

Also tried replaying old flash Isaac a bit. Jesus, how did we cope with that?

I'm definitely starting a fresh save but I already have RPG. Only a week left :unsmigghh:

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

The Lost: soul crushing edition

I figured I'd give it a shot trying to grind out filling my completion page out with the Lost, so I did a couple of runs this morning. The furthest I got was Catacombs, my first two treasures were Tech . 5 and Death's Scythes, I was moving through everything... and then I dodged straight into a shot from a random headless torso.

:negative:

In case anyone wants the seed to find out what could have been, it's 0WCM 1CNF. I can never remember if it's supposed to be the number 0 or a captial o, but I digress. The Lost is just too soul crushing for me to ever finish.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
The Lost should just start with Holy Mantle by default, it would still be challenging even, just not ball-bustingly pointless of a challenge.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

ChogsEnhour posted:

Probably not going to start fresh, don't really want to have to deal with unlocking a bunch of stuff again, and it's not like I've really spent a lot of time with the 100% item pool. But honestly, mostly because I cheesed my way to the Lost unlocks with the invincibility bug and seriously doubt I can pull them off legitimately.

But I also won't be too surprised if we have another Wrath of the Lamb situation, where the addon ends up making the early game a whole bunch harder.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

How Rude posted:

The Lost should just start with Holy Mantle by default, it would still be challenging even, just not ball-bustingly pointless of a challenge.

Well, it is supposed to be hard as gently caress. But he'll start with the D4 and spectral tears once you get Afterbirth, and frankly the flying+spectral combo alone would be busted on any other character since it renders many rooms easier and some basically impossible to lose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

I wouldn't mind the Lost as much if the game was fair. But there are instances of literally unavoidable damage, so gently caress Lost.