Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Fuzz posted:

There's one that shows up in the BH storyline that wasn't so bad, either, but I can't remember his name. I feel like all of the Imperial stories have at least one chill Sith except for Agent, where they're all over the top fucktarded and ridiculous, mostly to highlight and emphasize the fact that the Sith are running the Empire into the ground.

That sith archaeologist was kind of alright on tatooine. Not a "good" guy but not insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum
Most of those Sith are still aligned with the dark side and very willing to torture for information, they're just not cackling psychopaths who do it for fun. In fact (not having read any EU material) I'm not sure where that came from, the original dark side example (Vader) was obviously evil but not "crazy evil".

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Macrobinocular and Seeker Droid are part of the RotHC expansion. They're side-stories that are worth doing at some point, but they don't reveal anything major to be honest.

I was crushed when I noticed (during the last story quests on Makeb) that my 12x bonus had gone away. :qq: Fortunately, this was on one of my two OCD completionist characters, so doing side quests was not a problem.

Actual question: according to this:

"This expansion is unique in that, unlike the previous two expansions (Rise of the Hutt Cartel and Shadow of Revan), it is free to all subscribers. Knights of the Fallen Empire raises the level cap of characters to 65 along with introducing new moves for most classes along with a completely redesigned companion system. Once KOTFE goes live, all subscribers will gain access to both previous expansions for free."

It sounds like I would have to buy Shadow of Revan to get above level 55, until two weeks from now, when I get access to it just for being a subscriber. Am I reading that right? (It's still tempting, dammit.)

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Rincewind posted:

Vowrawn! I forgot all about that guy but he totally rules.

Same, to the extent that when I finally got around to doing Rishi on my warrior I didn't remember who he was. I still don't, actually :(. Too many darth so-and-so's in this game. Eat the sith imo

Without any actual spoilers, have they said if the story content in 4.0 will be class-specific at all, or will it be more like all the current post-50 content, where the plot beats are identical for everybody, and the only difference is that they refer to you as "my lord" instead of "you there"?

I'm trying to decide who I want to take into KOTFE first, and I'm not sure if the one and only consideration will be "which playstyle do you like the most" versus "whose story do you want to see continued".

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Like he just had his crew of archaeologists and went around to different planets with them. They all seemed pretty loyal and not really in a "just doing it to please him don't kill me" kind of way.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

prefect posted:

I was crushed when I noticed (during the last story quests on Makeb) that my 12x bonus had gone away. :qq: Fortunately, this was on one of my two OCD completionist characters, so doing side quests was not a problem.

"This expansion is unique in that, unlike the previous two expansions (Rise of the Hutt Cartel and Shadow of Revan), it is free to all subscribers. Knights of the Fallen Empire raises the level cap of characters to 65 along with introducing new moves for most classes along with a completely redesigned companion system. Once KOTFE goes live, all subscribers will gain access to both previous expansions for free."

It sounds like I would have to buy Shadow of Revan to get above level 55, until two weeks from now, when I get access to it just for being a subscriber. Am I reading that right? (It's still tempting, dammit.)

Correct. If you want to level to 60 before KOTFE drops, you have to buy Shadow of Revan. Don't do that. Just wait.

When did you subscribe? If you've been subbed since 8/10 you should get early access Tuesday.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

prefect posted:

Yes. If you're a subscriber from the 27th on you'll get all current expansions + the KOTFE stuff. If you want to reach 60 before then you'd have to pay for them.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Medullah posted:

When did you subscribe? If you've been subbed since 8/10 you should get early access Tuesday.

I only resubbed about two weeks ago, so no early access for me.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Cythereal posted:

Eh... Darth Tormen is still a bloodthirsty bastard who kills people on a whim for the slightest hint of incompetence or disloyalty. And the fucker force choked Blizz.

Wasn't talking about him.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
Has there been any story content added between the Revan expansion and now? I've mostly just been playing alts, but I probably should get my house in order on my main before KotFE blows up the galaxy or whatever.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Rincewind posted:

Has there been any story content added between the Revan expansion and now? I've mostly just been playing alts, but I probably should get my house in order on my main before KotFE blows up the galaxy or whatever.

There's the Ziost stuff that came out after. You should have a prompt for it on your ship provided you finished Yavin.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Rincewind posted:

They added Ziost as a pre-lude to KOTFE. About an hour or so worth of content.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

Hulk Smash! posted:

There's the Ziost stuff that came out after. You should have a prompt for it on your ship provided you finished Yavin.

Oh, I didn't know about that! I didn't think to actually check my ship for anything since all I've done on my main since re-subbing was play with the outfit designer.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Rincewind posted:

Oh, I didn't know about that! I didn't think to actually check my ship for anything since all I've done on my main since re-subbing was play with the outfit designer.

It's neat and short and finally features the emperor in a not-insignificant context. Worth playing and doesn't take too long, especially if you skip the sidequests (which to be fair, you shouldn't do if you want to see them at all, because you can't go back and do them once you finish the main story arc).

TLM3101
Sep 8, 2010

Rincewind posted:

Vowrawn! I forgot all about that guy but he totally rules.

Vowrawn is the Darth of my heart forever for how he just goes with the flow of all the crazy poo poo happening after you show up. Hell, he even compliments and commends your crew, depending on some choices. And yeah, I'm probably making too much of him but compared to so, so many other of the Sith characters you interact with in the game, he really stands out as Different, which makes him really memorable.

edit: Oh! Serevin on Voss is actually pretty chill as well, if you play your cards right.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

TLM3101 posted:

edit: Oh! Serevin on Voss is actually pretty chill as well, if you play your cards right.

He has his own problems later.

Syrophenikan
Aug 17, 2010
Fun Shoe

Ainsley McTree posted:

I'm trying to decide who I want to take into KOTFE first, and I'm not sure if the one and only consideration will be "which playstyle do you like the most" versus "whose story do you want to see continued".

quote:

There are no class stories, just the epic story with a dash of class flavor tossed in

http://dulfy.net/2015/06/15/swtor-knights-of-fallen-empire-official-expansion-info/

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Okay I just went whole hog and removed anyone (former officers excluded) that hadn't logged in for 40 days or more, so the guild is now down to 417. That SHOULD last us through the initial push of KOTFE. If I kicked you and you still plan on playing the character, no worries, just get back in.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I just pictured Valkorian saying "The rumors were you were the greatest", then in a completely different voice, "bounty hunter/sith warrior/etc" then back to original voice "in the galaxy."

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Nipponophile posted:

He has his own problems later.

He's a vossaboo.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Medullah posted:

I just pictured Valkorian saying "The rumors were you were the greatest", then in a completely different voice, "bounty hunter/sith warrior/etc" then back to original voice "in the galaxy."

Barensenthor, Cipher Nine, Winner of the Great Hunt, Emperor's Wrath, etc etc.

Now I think they just call everyone a Veteran of the Great War or something.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

ah but you see now you're just the OUTSIDER

no wait that's not right

Syrophenikan
Aug 17, 2010
Fun Shoe
Last night I was pining to play Empire side as I was running around in circles on my Jedi Consular in my ship. So I said, "gently caress it, I'm getting back on my assassin, and if it's too confusing, I'll just start a Sith Warrior as I never got past level 15." Well, it's been four years and I was absolutely overwhelmed with my assassin and had no clue how to arrange my abilities, skills, etc. I went over to dulfy and their guides, while incredibly thorough, are difficult to read when I'm level 50 and just want to "start killing stuff". So I started a Sith warrior...I'm glad I did because holy poo poo I forgot how awesome Vette is :swoon: "One more chirp from you, little bird, and you'll regret it." Vette: "Chirp. Chirp Chirp".....aaahhh sweet bliss. I'll stick with the warrior for a bit because of Vette and go light side, see how it plays out.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Berke Negri posted:

no wait that's not right

Outlander.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Berke Negri posted:

no wait that's not right

May the force be with you, n'wah

e: I'm as clever as I am quick

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Medullah posted:

Okay I just went whole hog and removed anyone (former officers excluded) that hadn't logged in for 40 days or more, so the guild is now down to 417. That SHOULD last us through the initial push of KOTFE. If I kicked you and you still plan on playing the character, no worries, just get back in.

Incidentally, how's the alliance side guild doing?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It hit double digits on Sunday.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

AegisP posted:

Incidentally, how's the alliance side guild doing?

The Number one republic ERP guild on Jedi Covenant.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Ainsley McTree posted:

May the force be with you, n'wah

e: I'm as clever as I am quick

Never a better time to roll a dunmer chiss.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Berke Negri posted:

no wait that's not right

Bioware's trademark "Give the PC some kooky title to make the lack of spoken names less jarring"

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Bioware's trademark "Give the PC some kooky title to make the lack of spoken names less jarring"

That and so they don't have to record each line eight times with different titles. "Hello, Emperor's Wrath/Dark Councilor/Mando/Cipher/Knight/Master/Major/smug bastard, and what's new?"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

My favourite is Hero of Tython. Everyone has saved Tython as part of SoR now.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

TheCenturion posted:

That and so they don't have to record each line eight times with different titles. "Hello, Emperor's Wrath/Dark Councilor/Mando/Cipher/Knight/Master/Major/smug bastard, and what's new?"

They call me the Voidhound thank you very much.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

TheCenturion posted:

Heeyyyyyyyy, champ

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Aphrodite posted:

My favourite is Hero of Tython. Everyone has saved Tython as part of SoR now.

Yeah but I did it before it was cool

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

SKY COQ posted:

Yeah but I did it before it was cool

I did it when it was hard and you could actually die at wave 3 of Master Dentiri's training droid if you didn't have your companion yet and that one dark side choice involving a force push was the best thing ever still.

Now it's all the drat kids with their 12x XP and rocket boost and sprint at level 1 ruining the scenery with their red and purple lightsabers. In my day, being a Jedi meant that you had a blue lightsaber. Or a green one if you were one of those Sage pansies.

:corsair:

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Hulk Smash! posted:

I did it when it was hard and you could actually die at wave 3 of Master Dentiri's training droid if you didn't have your companion yet and that one dark side choice involving a force push was the best thing ever still.

Now it's all the drat kids with their 12x XP and rocket boost and sprint at level 1 ruining the scenery with their red and purple lightsabers. In my day, being a Jedi meant that you had a blue lightsaber. Or a green one if you were one of those Sage pansies.

:corsair:

Jedi Master Hurnst: [Lamenting the newly relaxed admission requirements for the Jedi Academy] They all used to be the right color, the right height, the right weight. And they all had Johnsons, Lassard!

Jedi Knight Eric Lassard: Johnsons?

Jedi Master Hurnst: You know...
[motions to his groin]

Jedi Knight Eric Lassard: Oh, yes.

Jedi Master Hurnst: There were Johnsons as far as the eye can see.

Jedi Knight Eric Lassard: Yes. And what a lovely sight it was.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

We have to go back

to Lost Island

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Dely Apple posted:

We have to go back

to Lost Island

Smoke Monster is a Rakghoul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I'm kinda glad, in the end, that I leveled 1-50 before any of the quality of life stuff, because I was forced to really take my time exploring each weird new world.

I'm way more glad, though, that I only had to do that poo poo ONCE. Taris with no speeder can definitely only be cool once.

I feel like over time the game has improved in exactly the ways it needed to just to bring its best qualities to the fore. When I played this in beta / at launch all I could see was the potential. I was blown away by the story elements, coming from other MMO's where that was an afterthought at best. People thought I was crazy for saying this is actually the best loving game. Maybe it wasn't, then, but I knew the lil' trooper had it in 'em.

Seriously, even now, Bioware doesn't get enough credit for the multiplayer branching dialogue scenes. Leveling with a buddy and trying to make each other laugh with your weird dialogue choices is an experience you just don't get anywhere else. Me and my friend made these two Sith juggernauts who we played as lovely goth kids trying to one-up each other by being the most eee-vill, and god drat was that great.

• Locked thread