Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Dr Christmas posted:

So how do I fix this and what the hell do I tell my dad?

You suck it up and you lock the cats in the basement, honestly. They'll just have to deal with it. Failing that, you either move out or you get rid of the cat.

It's not loving rocket surgery here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe
Dr. Christmas,
Based on the pee time line, it seems that the cat's body still needs the insulin even if his numbers aren't showing that. Ask the vet to try insulin again and see if that fixes the peeing again.

Also, these are just cats. As great as pets are they are not worth ruining your life over. If you try to rehome them and can't, euthanizing him may be the best decision. Sticking him in a shelter at his age would be cruel. No one is going to adopt the old cat that pees everywhere. You may have to make the hard choice and it sucks but it may be better for your cat.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

You couldn't stick him in a shelter. No shelter is going to take a 14 year old diabetic cat that you're giving up due to uncontrollable floorpissing, because that's pretty much the definition of an unadoptable cat.

painted bird
Oct 18, 2013

by Lowtax
Are we seriously suggesting putting a cat to sleep over what amounts to an inconvenience to the owners? :psyduck: What the gently caress.

I'm sorry to say that's not a cat, that's a soot sprite.

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois
My cat started aggroing at me today and won't stop! He's done this before when I can home from work smelling like strange animals but nothing like that happened today! I showered, changed my clothes, and he's still trying to kill me. I'm sick and tired of his crap. I shooed him out onto the balcony with his food and water dishes and a litter box. He's begging to be let back in but I open the door and he hisses and swats at me, so F that noise, he can stay out. I'm seriously considering getting rid of him but no one would want to adopt him and I'm positive he'd just get euthanized. :smith:

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

painted bird posted:

Are we seriously suggesting putting a cat to sleep over what amounts to an inconvenience to the owners? :psyduck: What the gently caress.

It's an inconvenience that he either can't overcome or is unwilling to overcome(e.g. he seems to have let the foyer litterbox turn into a 'smelly eyesore' once his sister stopped cleaning it), and it is straining his finances and his living situation. Moreover, the animal concerned is a 14 year old cat with continence problems and a medical history, which means that he's pretty much the perfect example of an unadoptable animal.

There's not a whole lot of good options here; even if he could afford to move out, incontinent cats are not going to be welcome tenants anywhere.

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Someone once told me, "Time is a flat circle".
So after having an increasingly frustrating time finding EVO Chicken & Turkey canned food, I've read a few articles that stated a lot of their cat food line is getting discontinued? If so, that's a huge bummer. Our cat has had diabetes in the past (luckily went into remission), had has been eating that since. For now I have several cans of Wellness (non-CORE), but was wondering if there was something better. Ideally it would be great if I could find a brand with ~13oz cans. Half a 5.5oz leaves him hungry towards to end of the day, while a quarter of a 13oz leaves him content while maintaining a stable weight. A quick search recommends either the Wellness brand, or Dave's, which I know nothing about. Any recommendations for cats with a history of diabetes?

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Idiot Pisscat (the artist formerly known as Kiska) update: Vet said she couldn't find any fleas and nothing else looked out of place and so her best guess was that Kiska probably just pulled something and some motion in getting off that windowsill kept irritating it. No licking today or anything like that, nothing showed up on the x-ray (the vet said she was so friendly they almost didn't need to sedate her at all :3: Good kitty), and welp the diagnosis seems to be "is (somewhat dumb) cat, can't fix" :iiam:

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

So after capturing the stray outdoor cat went...poorly (he is now much happier...having been TNR'd), I brought home a wonderful cat from the shelter. Apricot is 10 years old and so soft and fluffy and sweet and scared and :3

I've had her for just over a week now, and am taking her for her first vet appointment tomorrow. She's very comfortable around me, but super skittish and scared in general. What is the best way to get her into her carrier for the appointment? I have a hard-sided one that opens on top. Should I put her in there with her shelter blanket? Or is it best I don't in case she has an accident? And should I lure her in with food, or just drop her in through the top? She doesn't like being held, but doesn't fight. Just don't want to stress her out more than I have to.

Awesome as gently caress cat in question:

IuniusBrutus fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Oct 14, 2015

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Just drop in from top. Maybe a small towel inside if you have one. You could spray it with feliway if you have it.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

IuniusBrutus posted:

I've had her for just over a week now, and am taking her for her first vet appointment tomorrow. She's very comfortable around me, but super skittish and scared in general. What is the best way to get her into her carrier for the appointment? I have a hard-sided one that opens on top. Should I put her in there with her shelter blanket? Or is it best I don't in case she has an accident? And should I lure her in with food, or just drop her in through the top? She doesn't like being held, but doesn't fight. Just don't want to stress her out more than I have to.

Unless you have a lot of time to kill or an unusually pliable cat, I would probably just pick her up and not try anything fancy with lures. Leave her blanket in for comfort; if she does have an accident, it can always be laundered and given back so she can re-scent-mark it. I wouldn't worry a ton about an accident, though -- most cats will be irritated or anxious about the vet visit, but few will actually lose continence because of it.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I have no input on the carrier question but what a lovely kitty :3:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Counterpoint: Cookie pooped himself on the way back from his first vet visit.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Countercounterpoint: When hasn't Cookie pooped himself (or was it just once and he got a reputation)?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

SynthOrange posted:

Counterpoint: Cookie pooped himself on the way back from his first vet visit.

Oh, sure, it can happen. My boyfriend's family cat apparently used to spend every car ride frantically ejecting matter from every possible orifice. It's just not universal, is all!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

There was that time.

Then the time he got poop stuck to his butt fur so badly it all stuck there.

Then there's the time he got diarrhea.

And generally being a long haired butt he gets dingles sometimes.

So I've no idea where this reputation came from.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I was going to make a comment about Dookie but then I remembered that I call my cat Pisska for her former pee problems and it's a glass houses, throwing stones sort of situation :eng99:

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
Dookie's reputation is undeserved imo

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

IuniusBrutus posted:

What is the best way to get her into her carrier for the appointment?

I put an old unwashed t-shirt of mine in the cat carrier so that she has something that smells comforting(her favorite nap spot is my dirty laundry basket). I just make sure I use a t-shirt I'm okay with tossing if she pees on it, which has only happened once. About half an hour before I leave for the appointment I sprinkle same catnip in there , and I usually have a happy cat rolling around in there by the time I'm ready to leave. If it doesn't work, I just pick her up and put her in it.

Since you have a top-opening carrier, lay her down on her back when you put her in there; this will prevent her from bracing against the edges of the carrier when you try to put her in it.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Khizan posted:

Since you have a top-opening carrier, lay her down on her back when you put her in there; this will prevent her from bracing against the edges of the carrier when you try to put her in it.

Oh my god you are a genius. I am going to start doing this with Pepper, who is lovely and doesn't scratch or bite but sure does try her hardest to make sure the legs are outside the carrier.

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

You people with cats that will even tolerate being held on their backs.

Apricot is a very pretty cat. Good name. I had a male that looked similar, and he was a great mellow cat. Lived at least 17 years. He did piss in the carrier once though.

painted bird
Oct 18, 2013

by Lowtax

Tendai posted:

Idiot Pisscat (the artist formerly known as Kiska) update: Vet said she couldn't find any fleas and nothing else looked out of place and so her best guess was that Kiska probably just pulled something and some motion in getting off that windowsill kept irritating it. No licking today or anything like that, nothing showed up on the x-ray (the vet said she was so friendly they almost didn't need to sedate her at all :3: Good kitty), and welp the diagnosis seems to be "is (somewhat dumb) cat, can't fix" :iiam:

That's a relief!

Also, I keep wondering: are you Russian? "Kiska" is Russian for "kitty", after all.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

painted bird posted:

That's a relief!

Also, I keep wondering: are you Russian? "Kiska" is Russian for "kitty", after all.
Haha, no, weirdly enough considering that I split between Russia and North Korea for my history work! I named her after one of the Aleutian islands since Alaska is my home state and I've always liked the word. Kiska is the bastardization of the Aleut qisxa which I think means something like to contract/shrink. I just liked the sound and the history connection to WWII. It just so happens that the English version of qisxa works for my Russian interest too :v:

(I sometimes call her мочакиска/mochakiska, literally "peekitty" as a nickname.)

Tendai fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Oct 14, 2015

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Do vets get mad if you bring in your cat and he poo poo in the carrier? My cat loves doing that for some reason !!!

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Puppy Galaxy posted:

Do vets get mad if you bring in your cat and he poo poo in the carrier? My cat loves doing that for some reason !!!
I'm pretty sure every vet has been covered in poo poo/puke/pee or all three at once at some point in their career.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Tendai posted:

I'm pretty sure every vet has been covered in poo poo/puke/pee or all three at once at some point in their career.

Not even vets. I volunteered at an animal shelter for two years and endured two out of the three. :v:

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Dr Christmas posted:

I've written about my summer-spanning battle to get my cat to stop peeing in the foyer, and I think I've lost. b two cats, a 15 year old female (Missy) and 14 year old male (Bobo). This summer Bobo had a brush with diabetes, one of the symptoms of which was peeing in the foyer, an L-shaped area about 18 square feet. We gave him insulin and orbifloxacin for a possible UTI, and he stopped. A bit more than a month later, we were told we could stop with the insulin, and he started peeing there again. Follow-up appointments and a bladder culture revealed no problems.

Removing a shoe tray that he seemed to favor just got him used to peeing on the carpet. Laying down plastic got him to go on the plastic. Feliway didn't work. It's a puddle, not a spray, which suggests Missy, but we've caught Bobo going there so we know it's him. Repellents and citrus smells either don't work, or have to be applied every few hours.

For most of the cats' life, they shared a single litter box in the basement, but I got a second one before the diabetes became a thing. Many sources suggest that stress is a source of these problems, and getting jabbed with needles twice a day and having their diet changed certainly provides a lot of that. However, other than the toilet problem, their behavior is about the same. He's always been a friendly cat and still is. He still uses the litter boxes downstairs, but now he'll use the foyer if it's convenient. I can't block access to that area due to the way our house is set up unless I lock him in the basement. Down there, there's a tv room, a bathroom, and the laundry room. And since the laundry room is the only place dad will allow their food and litter boxes, I'd also have to lock Missy in the basement. Missy has never liked Bobo, so that's a bad idea. The three litter boxes we have now are about as far apart as they can get.

Dad won't let me put a litter box in the problem area. At the beginning of August, well over a month into the resurgence, we went on a short family vacation, and I was given an ultimatum to come up with "a solution" because he didn't want the cats having the run of the house. I actually managed to let me him to put a litter box, but only because I could cite the advice of my late mom's bff who also had a diabetic cat, and I still had to endure some yelling. My sister stayed home for her own reasons and cleaned it. Bobo used the box just fine. But it was a smelly eyesore so Dad made me move it to the basement two weeks later, and Bobo went right back to peeing on the carpet. Now there are three litter boxes down there. I clean them whenever I notice something in them.

All I've been able to do is clean up after the incidents I've been using an enzymatic cleaner on the carpet, but it's been a bandaid. I dab up the urine, soak it for a few minutes with the cleaner, and then soak that up a lot of paper towels until it's dry. Bobo will go to a slightly different area of the carpet and pee there. My sense of smell is shot, so I just get brief whiffs of I-can't-tell-what-anymore. There aren't any stains, but people still comment on the smell. I've gone over the area with a blacklight and haven't been able to get rid of the smell. After cleaning the few odd particles of litter tossed out of the litter box when it was in the foyer, the air from the vacuum's outtake now smells like stale cat urine.

Before Bobo's troubles, there were some incidents where Missy peed in dad's room after being accidentally closed in when he left for work, and Dad never liked the cats in the first place, so he was ready to be rid of them when Bobo got sick. I had been saving money from a temp job, and my sister who was at home was broke, so I paid for all the medical expenses. When Bobo started peeing in the foyer again, I naively thought getting him to stop would be as quick as it was when I first gave him insulin, and I promised to take care of it. So now I share the blame for every spot of urine, vomit, hair, or glimpse of a cat sitting on the furniture. With my mom's death a year and a half ago and my youngest sister moving away yesterday, the family cats are now my cats. It had been a few days without incident, but Bobo peed in the corner, dad found it, and I had another round of lectures, cursing, and vague ultimatums. Suggesting the litterbox again today just made him angrier. It's been three months of that on top of our already lovely relationship, and I'd have moved out if I hadn't decimated my savings on the cat.

So how do I fix this and what the hell do I tell my dad?

Tell your dad you're tired of having to be the one to clean up the foyer yet continue to be told to "find a solution" when all solutions are met with "no". If he attempts to have the cat put down start pissing on his bed to show him he's a horrible human being.

Comedy option: put your dad in a rest home.

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Hello catte thread.

A few weeks ago, I noticed 2 abandoned kitties hanging out near my apartment. I don't know if their mother is dead or something else but it was obvious they were on their own. Winter is coming so I decided to take care of them so they can survive through it.

After checking online what I could do to help them, I built a shelter out of a styrofoam box and blankets, putting it on my terrace with food and water.

Now they adopted this new housing and hang out there pretty much all day, but they are still very timid and wild and flee every time I try to come close to them. What I want to know is if there's anything I can do to make them more familiar with me or if it's already too late to try to make them more tame. Thanks!

I don't think I saw an answer for this, but a few things:

1. You are a very good person for taking care of these kitties.
2. No, it's not too late. They may spend the winter out there before they warm up (heh) to you, or once it gets cold enough, may decide to trust the warm food bringer sooner than later. Feral cats make excellent pets once trust is established, and while some cats prefer being feral, most of them prefer the comfort of a warm lap and a predictable dinner.

Here are a few things that can help. These kitties look almost old enough to reach puberty, which means they need to be TNRd ASAP. Contact a local feral rescue (Feral Friends is good, so is Alley Cat Allies). Even if you're not local, they can give you tips or resources that can help you. TNR is best left to those with experience and a humane trap and some really smelly food (like tuna or sardines). The vet will ear tip or tattoo them during the spay/neuter so they won't have to be opened up twice. It's best if you can get them to trust you before you TNR them, but the priority should be TNR as soon as they reach sexual maturity (between 4 and 6 months). That way they won't contribute to kitty overpopulation any more.

Also, is that milk in the bowl? Some kitties can't digest milk, though some can, and in general cow's milk isn't particularly good for them, and they're old enough to not need milk any more. Milk should be an occasional treat for those cats who can stomach it. What they really need is water, though of course I'm sure you're giving them water. As winter comes, check the water bowls often--you can give warm water in the morning so it doesn't freeze as fast. Watch them carefully for signs of frostbite or dehydration, even if they won't let you come near them.

You did a great job with those shelters--that may be their biggest chance at surviving the winter, if they don't "adopt" you first. Please keep us posted. You are such a great person for helping them out and you'll probably end up saving their lives.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Re: vet trip, if she likes being brushed, maybe bring a brush to make her happy in the exam room while you wait for the vet. Pixel still doesn't like going to the vet but calms down when I brush her.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Maggie Fletcher posted:

I don't think I saw an answer for this, but a few things:

1. You are a very good person for taking care of these kitties.
2. No, it's not too late. They may spend the winter out there before they warm up (heh) to you, or once it gets cold enough, may decide to trust the warm food bringer sooner than later. Feral cats make excellent pets once trust is established, and while some cats prefer being feral, most of them prefer the comfort of a warm lap and a predictable dinner.

Here are a few things that can help. These kitties look almost old enough to reach puberty, which means they need to be TNRd ASAP. Contact a local feral rescue (Feral Friends is good, so is Alley Cat Allies). Even if you're not local, they can give you tips or resources that can help you. TNR is best left to those with experience and a humane trap and some really smelly food (like tuna or sardines). The vet will ear tip or tattoo them during the spay/neuter so they won't have to be opened up twice. It's best if you can get them to trust you before you TNR them, but the priority should be TNR as soon as they reach sexual maturity (between 4 and 6 months). That way they won't contribute to kitty overpopulation any more.

Also, is that milk in the bowl? Some kitties can't digest milk, though some can, and in general cow's milk isn't particularly good for them, and they're old enough to not need milk any more. Milk should be an occasional treat for those cats who can stomach it. What they really need is water, though of course I'm sure you're giving them water. As winter comes, check the water bowls often--you can give warm water in the morning so it doesn't freeze as fast. Watch them carefully for signs of frostbite or dehydration, even if they won't let you come near them.

You did a great job with those shelters--that may be their biggest chance at surviving the winter, if they don't "adopt" you first. Please keep us posted. You are such a great person for helping them out and you'll probably end up saving their lives.

Thanks for your answers. In the meantime I did check online what I should do and indeed there was a lot of mention of trying to catch them to bring them to the vet quickly. I might ask the local animal shelter for a trap since there is no way they let me approach them so far.

I also found explanations regarding how to tame them keeping them inside in a cage, but since I will be on vacation for 2 weeks in november that won't be an option in the near future. I will simply ask my neighbour to feed them during those 2 weeks.

My only concern is that they survive the winter outside but I think they will be OK with the box. If they can become more familiar without having to keep them inside, I think it would be the best outcome for me. I prefer them to live outside most of the time anyway.

In the bowl it was like 1 part milk and 4 parts water. I know cats usually don't digest cow milk well, but I also noticed these two kittens really liked it so I gave them milk the first few days to make sure they come back often and know they can stay there for food and shelter. Eventually I switched to water only.

Thanks for your advices, I will keep the thread posted and hopefully post more cute kitty pictures.

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

Apricot did pretty great at the vet. By pretty great, I meant she was scared stiff and so just laid there shaking while the vet did her thing, although she did start purring once the vet started touching her. :3 just scooped her up and dropped her in the carrier with zero issues, and once we got home she was back to normal. I'm leaving the carrier out, open, and covered, with some of her bedding inside, so she's using it as a nap spot. Hopefully that'll keep her a bit more relaxed next time she has to go.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

IuniusBrutus posted:

Apricot did pretty great at the vet. By pretty great, I meant she was scared stiff and so just laid there shaking while the vet did her thing, although she did start purring once the vet started touching her. :3 just scooped her up and dropped her in the carrier with zero issues, and once we got home she was back to normal. I'm leaving the carrier out, open, and covered, with some of her bedding inside, so she's using it as a nap spot. Hopefully that'll keep her a bit more relaxed next time she has to go.
Aww :3: Purrcats bestcats. Once she's out of the carrier and realizes the vet will scratch her face for her the way she likes, Kiska generally chills out and is kind of all "Huh why are we here?"

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007
There has been a cat hanging around our back yard for a couple of days. A lady came by looking for a cat and ours wasn't it. We've decided to bring him in and adopt him. He's very friendly, cleans himself, eats and drinks, and has a healthy vocal cord. It's getting colder outside and we still have some things from our previous cats (who are deceased due to age) so we aren't unprepared.

I know that if we decide to keep him and there isn't anyone looking for him to take him to a vet/non-profit for a check up, neuter him, and possibly find out how old he is. Is there anything else to be aware of between now and when we take him someplace? Is there a place in central Virginia that does check ups for strays/freebie cats?

HanabaL03
Nov 12, 2003

We're spread, we're spread, we're spreading our.... wings! :v:
My kitten has thumbs on his front paws and it's adorable. His paws are much bigger than normal kitten paws and watching him run around the house is very entertaining.

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
Man, I don't know whats going on with my cat. He came up on the couch where I was sitting with the dog beside me and stared at the dog for a couple minutes (a 6 y/o black lab) then just started attacking it. When the dog ran off the couch he followed and lept at her with his tail all puffed up. :(

Later the cat was on his side and I noticed a pink spot on his tummy.. not sure if it happened in the fight or if it's been there.. He didn't seem to be in pain when I was spreading out the fur to take a closer look.

Pretty sure it's not like his dick but I don't know what a cats dick looks like nor where it is located. It looked almost like a scab..

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That would be a nipple, unless I'm misjudging what part of the cat the picture is of.

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years

Tendai posted:

That would be a nipple, unless I'm misjudging what part of the cat the picture is of.

his hind legs are the grey areas at the back and the white area is his fat belly. Maybe it is a nipple.. I never noticed that patch there before and with my cat acting like a bully towards the dog it kinda concerned me. Haven't seen blood drawn but I think it's because of the dogs thick coat and not the cat being careful.

petecas
Jul 10, 2009

LEGO? Cats? Vikings? Crafting? Yes, please!

Scroto Baggins posted:

I'm betting that somewhere in this 500 page thread, this has been covered, but: any advice on giving your dumb bitchy cat a pill?

My cat has a UTI and needs to take half a pill of Zeniquin a day. I'm a stupid pile of trash and I can't hold her down long enough to shove the pill down her throat, so I tried hiding it in her favorite food. She snubbed it. I wrapped her favorite food in bacon. She snubbed it. I rolled it in catnip. I yelled at her. I gave her $50. None of this has worked. How do I trick this idiot animal into taking a pill that is good for her? Can I crush it up and mix it with a liquid? Is there a treat that puts even the most particular of cats at ease?

Here she is, begging you strangers to help with her pissing problems and generally being an idiot.

e: Hello Tuxedo Cat Friend. I haven't tried those because I couldn't get to Petco today. They're going to close in 15 minutes and I won't get there in time. I plan on getting some tomorrow and maybe also praying to the dark lord satan because anything helps.

I know this is a week late but I've had pill adventures and hey, maybe it'll amuse someone. My older kitty got diagnosed with congestive heart failure and is on pills twice a day. She's unaware that people food can be pet food, so any cheese, deli meat or butter won't work. She doesn't like pill pockets, but for a while I was able to use a scrap of the pill pocket to glue pills to treats she DOES like (carefully balanced so that the good stuff was on top; if she knocked it over she'd snub it until I removed it and pretended it was a new treat). She eventually wised up to that, so for a month I carved tiny holes into the big crunchy Greenies and hid the treats inside. After a while she got sick of the greenies and I tried the same trick in a soft treat she was into, but those are really crumbly. That sequed into the current solution, which is crushing whatever flavor of soft treats and adding a few drops of water to make treat paste and hiding the pill in that. Now she wakes me up to make up her morning treats and refuses to eat un-mushed treats (offering her one gets me a great "What the poo poo is this? Send it back!" look).

Other pill tricks I've learned is that sometimes I have to prime the cat with a favorite treat to remind her that "oh hey! Food! It goes in my foodhole and I like that!" and if it seems like she's about to chew a treat with a pill in it it's worth dropping another treat in her face to make her gobble down the pilled one faster.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Danith posted:

his hind legs are the grey areas at the back and the white area is his fat belly. Maybe it is a nipple.. I never noticed that patch there before and with my cat acting like a bully towards the dog it kinda concerned me. Haven't seen blood drawn but I think it's because of the dogs thick coat and not the cat being careful.
Yep, that's a nipple. It freaks me out a little when I see Kiska's, like "CAT PUT A SHIRT ON."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Tendai posted:

I have nipples Greg. Can you milk me?