Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Sprite141 posted:

isn't it such that the ar infusion in your gear can't be used in the creation of a higher level infusion? Like a +5 takes 2 +4's, but you can't use the +4 in your gear? If you don't have much ascended stuff, getting higher ar might be a bit of a pain considering how you increase infusions.

That's how the +1 infusions work, yea, but trying to fuse up the +1's to a level that matters is more of a money/time sink than just crafting ascended and slotting in +5 versatile infusions from the relic vendor.

Generic Octopus fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Oct 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

In the last beta, did anyone come up with a fun Scrapper build that didn't utilize the drones much? I didn't like any but the spinning one and it breaks my loving heart.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Only infused items can take the +1 etc. agony infusions you can mash together to create more powerful ones. Infused items are backpacks and rings, so the vast majority of your AR has to come in chunks of 5 from versatile- or poopsock infusions (the ones also giving things like 5 power for hundreds of gold). Sure you could get two random infused rings as rewards which are somehow not magi or shaman, and perhaps infused mawdrey. Even if you wasted your money making 3 +10 infusions, you'd still be far from the maximum required AR of 70 so you might as well craft ascended armor instead.

However, fractal 1-19 is possible without any AR. With jewelry, a crafter backpack and an MF infusion in the necklace, getting to the 25 AR required to be "immune" in level 29 is no big deal if you run fractals semi-regularly. It's still bullshit and if you wanna do 30+ without being carried, you have to get into ascended crafting which is retarded. Nobody who doesn't like fractals would have any reason to run fractal 30+ though.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Inzombiac posted:

In the last beta, did anyone come up with a fun Scrapper build that didn't utilize the drones much? I didn't like any but the spinning one and it breaks my loving heart.

I didn't really mess with builds too much during the beta weekend but Scrapper stuff should mesh well with any power builds you may want to run. Hammer probably syncs really nicely with Static Discharge or Elixir builds.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Inzombiac posted:

I just used my usual 3 Kit build: Rifle + Zerk/Valk/Knight/Cav gear + Grenades, FT, EG, Mortar. Explosives and Firearms for the extra vuln on explosions and Juggernaut.
Then I swapped in some scrapper stuff, used Hammer with Recovery Matrix, Mass Momentum and Perfectly Weighted.
It's nothing special, but I enjoyed it. It worked well enough for a 3-person Arah P2 run. (Stealth drone was occasionally amazing for the stealth sections.) You could get it really tanky if you swap some traits around.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

My eyes slid right over that legendary weapon stuff. Craft a gift of blah from legendary ascended infused crafting materials combine it with three mist essences and one essence of the mists to get a gift of maguuma, bake for one hour but remove the mist essences half an hour in or they'll burn...

This game needs fewer tokens and currencies :psyduck:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Dreggon posted:

Howler quest requires that you blow various NPCs across Tyria

finally, a legendary made for me

Roc
Nov 8, 2010
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/october-23-2015/

:getin:

edit:

Roc fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Oct 13, 2015

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

WINGS FOR EVERYONE

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

black moa wearing pumpkin head

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

have fun

edit - i got some mileage out of changing geomancy to doom if you want to try that too

Kessel fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Oct 13, 2015

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
How much Ascended gear do I need to go trick-or-treating?

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
Getting to 70 AR isn't a barrier to entry, it's the top tier of resistance for the absolute highest level fractal possible. Of course it's going to take some time to get there.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
I was not expecting the bat wings!

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

OH gently caress, SKAAZI, THE BUTTERFLY WINGS!

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Inzombiac posted:

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASlUUhqrYnXwdLQ7FLsFFdwP8JPYIeiBgYHVFPBA-TJhHwADuAAAeAAj2fwYZAA

e:fb

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Yay mad king boss is back.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Thanks for the replies.

Also, NEED THAT PUMPKIN HAMMER.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Visidan posted:

Yay mad king boss is back.

This is the first time since the initial holiday release right?

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Lyer posted:

This is the first time since the initial holiday release right?

Yup, last two years have just been the Bloody Prince fight.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

MORE ANIME WINGS FOR THE ANIME GOD

Totbot
Oct 4, 2013
gently caress HoT, need Pumpkin Hammer.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot

Sprite141 posted:

Yes, though I consider the grind to be getting the necesary ascended gear aside from amulets and trinkets which are easy as poo poo. Also isn't it such that the ar infusion in your gear can't be used in the creation of a higher level infusion? Like a +5 takes 2 +4's, but you can't use the +4 in your gear? If you don't have much ascended stuff, getting higher ar might be a bit of a pain considering how you increase infusions.

Yeah they should make it so that you can "bank" the infusions into your item every time you get it. That way you don't have to choose between creating a higher infusion or using the infusion to actually protect you. It's expensive and thus grindy, be design. Just a quick check on the trading post at the prices of infusions is enough to make a person close the fractal window with a big fat lol, no thanks.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

nobody is actually using those +10 infusions to run fractals

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Kessel posted:

nobody is actually using those +10 infusions to run fractals

The fractal hate makes more sense if people actually think you're supposed to.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

Yeah they should make it so that you can "bank" the infusions into your item every time you get it. That way you don't have to choose between creating a higher infusion or using the infusion to actually protect you. It's expensive and thus grindy, be design. Just a quick check on the trading post at the prices of infusions is enough to make a person close the fractal window with a big fat lol, no thanks.

That is some casual poo poo and I enjoy selling them so nope.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I don't mind the reduced rewards for dungeons as much as the way the whole thing has been "we tried nothing and none of it worked." I really enjoy that kind of small-group content and I would have enjoyed it even more if they'd actually put effort into making them better.

Instead they're replacing them with fractals, which, honestly, have also been mostly ignored?

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Eh not really, they've added in new fractals and made some balance changes to the existing ones and redid the reward structure. Not grand sweeping changes, but a hell of a lot more than dungeons.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

What I'm wondering is, if fractals are where they're going to be doing new small-group content, and they're getting changed so that a specific fractal is going to be associated with a specific reward scale, how are they going to shoehorn new ones into that rotation?

Or are they not planning on adding more fractals at all, ever? :smith:

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

In typical anet fashion, they probably haven't thought things out that far.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Schpyder posted:

my Abaddon fractal :negative:

Generic Octopus posted:

The fractal hate makes more sense if people actually think you're supposed to.

haha yeah it does actually. Pretty much daily somebody in gchat has to explain to somebody else that those infusions aren't actually the kind you're supposed to use. I wonder if they'll change them to work in other slots for HoT. they won't

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Schpyder posted:

What I'm wondering is, if fractals are where they're going to be doing new small-group content, and they're getting changed so that a specific fractal is going to be associated with a specific reward scale, how are they going to shoehorn new ones into that rotation?

shhhhhhh, just buy more gems to soothe yourself

John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012
I hope they take all the gold from dungeons and add it to the sPvP gold rewards. That would be awesome for my slow progress on unlocking all the dungeon skins through sPvP. Adding it to fractals would be cool too. I personally could care less about running dungeons ever again. Hell, if they want to get rid of WvW and add more sPvP maps that'd be chill too! (I know this will never happen, but I like to dream)

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

So we get smashing pumpkins and butterfly wings?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-r-V0uK4u0

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

So do you normally just go in with no AR and do level 9 (?) fractals until you have enough tokens for the AR infusions? Doing three in a row always seemed like such a big commitment, but I've got some ascended stuff from pvp chests and now that you can do them one at a time I'll probably try them.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Hefty posted:

So do you normally just go in with no AR and do level 9 (?) fractals until you have enough tokens for the AR infusions? Doing three in a row always seemed like such a big commitment, but I've got some ascended stuff from pvp chests and now that you can do them one at a time I'll probably try them.

How it works right now: you have a Personal Reward Level that starts at 1 and goes up as you do fractals of your level or higher (so tagging along on higher level fractals is fine). The relics/pristine relics you get for completing fractals & fractal dailies will let you get oodles of AR via Versatile Simple Infusions from the fractal shop bot. It's so trivial that you can't even call it a barrier to entry; the only real limiting factor is how much armor/weapons/accessories you have to slot AR into.

The wiki is your friend, give it a quick read.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
It's a lot easier to just get ascended trinkets from guild commendations, and also grab one of the crafting backpacks which are the best. Plop the +5 infusions in them and with just the commendations having infuaions you are good to go.

Of course if you're saving laurels to equip alts then you can't buy the infusions. Which soon will used to be a problem I had.

The only problem is that if you want to go above fractal 29, you need to start making ascended armor or make infused accessories. Which is incredibly loving grindy. I am going to regret not getting my armorcraft and tailor to level 400, not that I could considering I have about 30G to my name.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Omg are those new minis

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

That Husk has his dick in a pumpkin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Sorry is no one going to comment on the freaky burnt husk child on that dragon spawns back?

• Locked thread