Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
As I recall he was also no stranger to jazz cigarettes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elKlepitan
Jul 13, 2015

Sis the Roux

Repping the coolest cat in TFF

Thermos H Christ posted:

As I recall he was also no stranger to jazz cigarettes

"oh yeah and I made a batch of pot brownies with 1/4# of (legal ) medical grade dank as gently caress weed to accompany it all, made into coconut oil to cook with and turned into brownies of 50g total weight portions (with .5g raw herb each) sitting in the freezer just waiting for gameday now. quality control test verified that they are weapons-grade strength. i figured full brownie would be good, but even eating half of one laid me out for 10+ hours so it's gonna be an amazing poo poo show. it's probably because even though when I weighed it at 116/g and cut them into exactly 50g total weight per brownie portioning (for each individual brownie accounting for 0.5g of raw herb, which is generally perfect), the herb was bone dry as i measured it (which is why it was on deep discount). dry is fine for cooking though, so it might have been the equivalent of 240g or more of fresh herb. considering it was fire to start with, these things are literally dangerously strong lmao. even with a massive tolerance, a half brownie (25g total weight/0.25g herb) knocked out everyone who sampled. which is good for my yield because I have (conservatively) 2 to 3 times more than I expected because of wildly underestimated potency!

stoked as gently caress"

he sent my dad a text about the brownies by mistake and immediately texted me with an "oh, god…"

glorious.

elKlepitan
Jul 13, 2015

Sis the Roux

Repping the coolest cat in TFF
for those who might be interested: we got the tox back and nothing unusual there. BAC was 0.09 which was pretty much on par for a saturday night.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

elKlepitan posted:

for those who might be interested: we got the tox back and nothing unusual there. BAC was 0.09 which was pretty much on par for a saturday night.

That makes it all the more scary in my eyes :/

e: GOD BLESS WHEEZ

ahura mazda bless wheez

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Oct 14, 2015

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

elKlepitan posted:

Literally lol at this. God bless wheez

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

v2vian man posted:

God bless wheez

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

elKlepitan posted:

he sent my dad a text about the brownies by mistake and immediately texted me with an "oh, god…"

glorious.

This is awesome.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I think if weed was legal in GA, my dad would be lighting up with me.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

elKlepitan posted:

glorious.

That is amazing Wheez was the best

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

v2vian man posted:

God bless wheez

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

elKlepitan posted:

I'm both glad for and terrified by this news.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

elKlepitan posted:

"oh yeah and I made a batch of pot brownies with 1/4# of (legal ) medical grade dank as gently caress weed to accompany it all, made into coconut oil to cook with and turned into brownies of 50g total weight portions (with .5g raw herb each) sitting in the freezer just waiting for gameday now. quality control test verified that they are weapons-grade strength. i figured full brownie would be good, but even eating half of one laid me out for 10+ hours so it's gonna be an amazing poo poo show. it's probably because even though when I weighed it at 116/g and cut them into exactly 50g total weight per brownie portioning (for each individual brownie accounting for 0.5g of raw herb, which is generally perfect), the herb was bone dry as i measured it (which is why it was on deep discount). dry is fine for cooking though, so it might have been the equivalent of 240g or more of fresh herb. considering it was fire to start with, these things are literally dangerously strong lmao. even with a massive tolerance, a half brownie (25g total weight/0.25g herb) knocked out everyone who sampled. which is good for my yield because I have (conservatively) 2 to 3 times more than I expected because of wildly underestimated potency!

stoked as gently caress"

glorious.

Miss you Wheez

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

elKlepitan posted:

Did you get a full post-mortem, or just a tox screen? Depending on the state/region, a full post mortem is automatically done following an unexpected death, barring interjection for a variety of reasons. I am an actual for real doctor of medicine, and have offered my help to plenty of goons before, plenty of which have taken up that offer. I know I can't do much for you, but things like interpreting test results, explaining what they actually mean, etc. is something I am more than happy to do. If you have any questions, feel free to PM or e-mail me. I would never reveal any information to the public and if I can do anything to help you guys I would jump at the chance.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Will vouch that swickles is in fact a doctor and not a crazy person.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I don't think he fondled your sack for "medical reasons" Volkerball.

Jordanis
Jul 11, 2006

Cougs beat Oregon and UW still can't. Godspeed, wheez.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
has anybody got his recipe for weed brownies. asking for a friend

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Cougs bitch

The spirit of wheez will descend from heaven to smite those basic bitches who run Gameday, too cowardly to endure a Wazzu Halloween, leaving nothing but broken minds and Fireball his wake.

Him mistexting his doomsday brownie plans is amazing bless you wheez

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
god, wheez loving owned

NickRoweFillea posted:

has anybody got his recipe for weed brownies. asking for a friend

I believe the secret ingredient was 50g of raw herb, bone dry

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I still can't believe this guy is dead.

Zoran posted:

god, wheez loving owned

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Once again, rest in peace wheez, our resident food and medication expert!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Remembering this makes me want to buy a food scale, start a weed habit, and try to deep fry various, otherwise-edible foods.

Like a cheeseburger. I want to deep fry a loving cheeseburger for some reason.

I miss you Wheez, you'd probably have called me a name or laughed maniacally at this idea.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Chilichimp posted:

Remembering this makes me want to buy a food scale, start a weed habit, and try to deep fry various, otherwise-edible foods.

Like a cheeseburger. I want to deep fry a loving cheeseburger for some reason.

I miss you Wheez, you'd probably have called me a name or laughed maniacally at this idea.

Deep fry weed

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Nah, gets too hot for the THC to persist. Gotta keep that poo poo under 325. Def use the oil/cannaflour/butter/shatter for other stuff though—possibly glaze, fillings, cream cheese, or flour.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Cream cheese?

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Cream cheese.

There's a lot you can do with it given the chem doesn't really have a lot of taste. It's mostly a matter of managing smell/pairing what you can't eliminate with what compliments it.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Thats hilarious. I've only smoked pot a handful of times in my life but weed culture fascinates me.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

Thats hilarious. I've only smoked pot a handful of times in my life but weed culture fascinates me.

Eh, I never used recreationally before becoming a med user. Most of the time it's just a metered dose of tincture, but bad pain days/migraines a comin'/phantom pain means I need something more and smoking isn't an option. I probably know way more than I should at this point about that sorta garbage, but it's way better than the prescribed painkillers that didn't work/prevent pain. I haven't had a migraine in 9 months and I used to get them once a week. CBD owns a lot.

But yeah, it's a lil' bonkers what creative cooks are coming up with. Cool. Good. Insane.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I don't think there's anything wrong with it, and it's got obvious medicinal benefits like you talked about.

I wish I could enjoy it. I have friends that smoke and they love the hell out of it, but I can't be around it. Every time I am my eyes swell up and my throat starts closing up; guessing I'm allergic to it. Is that a thing?

I don't want wheez to be disappointed in me :(

B.F. Hoodrich
May 16, 2006
welp

elKlepitan posted:

stoked as gently caress"

glorious.

Wheez :parrot::parrot::parrot:

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

:psyduck: 4 ounces for a batch? Jeeeeezus

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

In Wheez's memory I made his fried chicken for the Seahawks/Vikings game last weekend. As advertised, it was loving delicious, and everyone should try it! Here's the finished product:

Don't mind the two black thighs on the edge. Meant to keep them warm in the oven, but it was set to broiler, not warm, so they sat in there at about 450F after being fried. That is also why the paper towels below the chicken are brown.

The Fireball helped with the crushing defeat of the football game. I hadn't ever tried it before, and it was pretty good, although only 66 proof. Obviously not something for people who dislike cinnamon, but not the flavored rubbing alcohol that I was expecting for a drink of its reputation.

RE: Weed chat, I didn't fire up anything for the game, but have been transitioning from alcohol to weed as my vice of choice recently, and enjoy the hell out of it. It would have taken my entire supply for a proper tribute to the "medical grade dank as gently caress" story.

RIP Wheez. Your chicken is delicious, and the Seahawks shithoused my team while I ate it. The Vikings aren't going to win the Super Bowl this year anyway, so :hawksin: (although Panthers 19-0 would be amazing).

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I the goon Cheating for Charity fantasy football league I'm playing for wheez and the SPLC and I'm the #1 seed in the playoffs. We have over $2k in donations from the league members (I think) going to the winner's charity.

Go The 4Lokos :unsmith:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Spoeank posted:

I the goon Cheating for Charity fantasy football league I'm playing for wheez and the SPLC and I'm the #1 seed in the playoffs. We have over $2k in donations from the league members (I think) going to the winner's charity.

The next time any of you fucks think or say anything bad about this place, remember that as of now we've raised minimum $5200 in the span of exactly 6 months in honor of a good poster's memory

This place and you all are alright, never forget it :unsmith:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Chris James 2 posted:

The next time any of you fucks think or say anything bad about this place, remember that as of now we've raised minimum $5200 in the span of exactly 6 months in honor of a good poster's memory

And there will be more after WSU's bowl game. Cougs bitch!

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Couuuuuuuuugs

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I got an immersion circulator for Christmas and one of my first instincts was to ask wheez for some recipes. Miss you dude.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Spoeank posted:

Have you looked at the donation tracking page recently? We have about $4400 raised. And unless we changed the payout structure this year, it is all going to SPLC in wheez's name, since we both picked that charity and apparently own at make pretend football. :v:

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

one of the best posters in TFF was also one of the best people in real life? gently caress

this is awful. I'm so late in finding out.

Please hate the patriots from heaven, we need your support

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Chris James 2 posted:

Amazing. TFF is the best.

• Locked thread