Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
loving finally got the kill 2 SPG mission done.

Killed 3 in the Cromwell on Sand river, Ace'd, top gun. Plus whatever that medal for killing 3 SPG is.

Drove on up to the ridges at the top of the map, sat there for a few minutes waiting for an enemy medium. Turns out their entire team went into the gully/down the bottom half of the map, as did ours. Both teams arty were having a field day with all 5 or so of each teams heavies sitting next to each other tangled up. Drove into their base with no resistance, and killed their artillery and tank destroyers. Almost got killed by a churchill gun carriage of all things, but an AMX elc came our of nowhere and tracked it at the last second.

Pretty sure I'll never kill 3 SPG's ever again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon

Bleremiah posted:

loving finally got the kill 2 SPG mission done.

Killed 3 in the Cromwell on Sand river, Ace'd, top gun. Plus whatever that medal for killing 3 SPG is.

Drove on up to the ridges at the top of the map, sat there for a few minutes waiting for an enemy medium. Turns out their entire team went into the gully/down the bottom half of the map, as did ours. Both teams arty were having a field day with all 5 or so of each teams heavies sitting next to each other tangled up. Drove into their base with no resistance, and killed their artillery and tank destroyers. Almost got killed by a churchill gun carriage of all things, but an AMX elc came our of nowhere and tracked it at the last second.

pascuccis are not that rare?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Atal Vataman posted:

pascuccis are not that rare?

It has to be in a medium tier 6 or higher. Once you're on that mission, you get to play the Matchmaker Game - does the enemy team have 3 arti? Are your teams artillery going to counterbattery? Will one of the enemy arti intentionally suicide? Can you get to the enemy arti without some idiot hiding in the back guarding them, sabotaging their team and your mission? When you get to the enemy arti, will your arti immediately stop shooting the other enemies and go for the kills? If there are teammates near you, will they wait on the killshot? Will you get shotgunned?

Or you can play the Batchat and platoon with two artillery and that's how you actually kill three artillery.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bleremiah posted:

Play more mediums, they make it to the end of the battle more often. I have 11 Pascuccis and have about the same PR as you, with double the battles.

Exia00
Feb 13, 2014

When in doubt.... C4
Killing 3 arty in a med is currently the only mission i have left for meds for the 55a...

Have not rolled RNG gold yet.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Hellsau posted:

Once you're on that mission, you get to play the Matchmaker Game - does the enemy team have 3 arti? Are your teams artillery going to counterbattery? Will one of the enemy arti intentionally suicide? Can you get to the enemy arti without some idiot hiding in the back guarding them, sabotaging their team and your mission? When you get to the enemy arti, will your arti immediately stop shooting the other enemies and go for the kills? If there are teammates near you, will they wait on the killshot? Will you get shotgunned?

Also:
Will you hit the spaced armor on the back of the GW Tiger P, causing you to hit the gun for no damage?
Will the enemy T110E3 rather teamkill said GW Tiger P, that you're sitting firmly behind, rather than bother with everyone else shooting him?

Grabpot Thundergust
Jul 6, 2010

Hellsau posted:

Hey sometimes you need some babies killed and you don't want to do it yourself, so you call a professional.

e: just gonna drop this link, russian bias:

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/467917-op-sovietrussian-tanks-and-unfair-match-making/

Wow, I can almost taste the (self-diagnosed) aspergers.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Hellsau posted:

It has to be in a medium tier 6 or higher. Once you're on that mission, you get to play the Matchmaker Game - does the enemy team have 3 arti? Are your teams artillery going to counterbattery? Will one of the enemy arti intentionally suicide? Can you get to the enemy arti without some idiot hiding in the back guarding them, sabotaging their team and your mission? When you get to the enemy arti, will your arti immediately stop shooting the other enemies and go for the kills? If there are teammates near you, will they wait on the killshot? Will you get shotgunned?

Or you can play the Batchat and platoon with two artillery and that's how you actually kill three artillery.

Cromwell B platooned with a FV304 also works. Actually, make that two Cromwell B's and a 304, if you're two tanks you can usually push into their base and your buddy can distract them while you do the deed. I have a few Pascucci's on my Soviet medium crews but I wouldn't have gotten the mission without some help from cool 2PAC dudes (forget who it was, probably Soulfucker).

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Oct 13, 2015

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Hellsau posted:

You pretty much need to be using an autoloader, otherwise people will snake your arty kills.

McGavin fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Oct 13, 2015

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe
Might as well crosspost the latest 2PAC idiocy from this weekend (trigger warning: germans, soundboards):

Soulfucker posted:

Case in point. :siren:70% WINRATE FOR TEAM torb1:siren:

mmkay posted:

Will the enemy T110E3 rather teamkill said GW Tiger P, that you're sitting firmly behind, rather than bother with everyone else shooting him?

Right, that was a thing that actually happened, man pubbies are fantastic.

also just run a Fury/E8+ FV304 platoon you scrubs

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Another near-foolproof way to get arty kills is to wait until you get south spawn on Arctic Region, then wait about 5 minutes before driving straight up the middle to the other base.

Edit: Alternatively, wait about 5 minutes before making a loop around the lagoon on Serene Coast.

McGavin fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Oct 13, 2015

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Soulfucker posted:

Might as well crosspost the latest 2PAC idiocy from this weekend (trigger warning: germans, soundboards):

You guys sound fun. Shame you're on the EU server.

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

Soulfucker posted:

2m40 forever :dudelsack:

I continue playing this bad game in expectation of server roaming

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3271094/Russia-turned-T-90-tank-robot-plans-hire-gamers-fight-future-wars.html
:laugh:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

So they get maybe 10-20 actual useful remote pilots out of the 1-2 million worthless pubbies? Seems poor.

utvolsbaby
May 19, 2004
Go Big Orange
This was the strangest game. A line of dudes coming straight at me. Mid way I did get accused of not clicking tanks. I guess I started?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Hellsau posted:

So they get maybe 10-20 actual useful remote pilots out of the 1-2 million worthless pubbies? Seems poor.

Russian military doctrine is now based around hiding in bushes behind artillery.

drunkenspud
Sep 18, 2015
Made the poor decision on getting a Challenger.... This will be a complete up hill battle to get to reach the Charioteer.
Any tips on playing the Challenger ?

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

drunkenspud posted:

Made the poor decision on getting a Challenger.... This will be a complete up hill battle to get to reach the Charioteer.

Drink heavily.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Hellsau posted:

By all accounts the RU meta is to simply plow head on into the middle of the map at the start of the game. So I'd imagine that great Russian army would be wiped out by the first AT minefield they came across.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

drunkenspud posted:

Kill you are self.

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I think you mean http://www.donotlink.com/gzpk

:nms:

pls don't give the professional homophobes money

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

drunkenspud posted:

Explode after 73 seconds.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

drunkenspud posted:

Give up on that entire line.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

drunkenspud posted:

LostCosmonaut posted:

Explode after 73 seconds.
     \
       \
         \

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO-cg_v0Z9k

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

:(

(M5 Stuart and I go over one flank, rest of team goes elsewhere, O-I, BDR, Chi-Nu-Kai and Hellcat pop up on our side, I relocate and urge him to reciprocate.

He brawls.)

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

"World of Tanks is a free-to-play online tank warfare game, which claims to have 75 million players. Users can log in and fight one another on simulated battlefields using an array of of 20th-century armour, including the T-80, a predecessor to the T-90..." :stare: Uh, not quite!

drunkenspud posted:

I've unlocked but not purchased it yet. It seems like it will play similar to the Hellcat, with no armor, good speed, and poor hull/turret traverse, but with a peashooter at that tier. Get into position and CHAI it up.

:drat:

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Since when is the T-80 available in WoT? :confused:

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Valle posted:

Since when is the T-80 available in WoT? :confused:

Since april 2014

:v:

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

drunkenspud posted:

I have a Charioteer and I hate it. HTH

E: Also the whole line has been terrible.

Also also gently caress the other line too, I have almost unlocked the Deathstar but...

Darkrenown fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Oct 14, 2015

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

drunkenspud posted:

Soulfucker posted:

I went up by the medium line:

Sherman III: Your generic tier V medium. Nothing terribly exciting about this one.

Firefly: A fairly good if slow T6 medium tank, reminds me of the T7 Panther. If you've gone up the medium or heavy tree the 17-pounder is already unlocked, too!

Challenger: Easily the worst T7 I've ever played, do NOT play this if you can help this. I can't stress this point enough.

Charioteer: A mobile turreted TD with a good gun. Suffers from gun elevation issues but otherwise a great TD.

Conway: Imagine the above, but strip away everything that made it good and bump it up a tier. Then make it worse. I loving hate the Conway.

I ended up rageselling the Conway when I was 40k XP away from the FVwhatever. Rebought the Conqueror with the credits and never looked back.

edit:

TOASTY!!!

Soulfucker fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Oct 14, 2015

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Soulfucker posted:

I ended up rageselling the Conway when I was 40k XP away from the FVwhatever. Rebought the Conqueror with the credits and never looked back.

Echoing this. Conway is a worse Conqueror in every single way except for rate of fire. Stop at Charioteer, it's a legit good TD.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
I thought the Conway was meant to be amazing, did it get nerfed at some point? It was the whole reason I started up this damned line.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Darkrenown posted:

I thought the Conway was meant to be amazing, did it get nerfed at some point? It was the whole reason I started up this damned line.

Naw, that line has the Firefly (which is good) and the Charioteer (which is great) and a whole bunch of irredeemably terrible tanks. It is a bad line.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
I got about 34K into the Challenger and rage-sold it. It was easily the worst TD I've ever played next to the Churchill GC. Which I also gave up on and sold.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

What's with these mission rewards? 25 gold?

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

CODChimera posted:

What's with these mission rewards? 25 gold?

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/22/monster-mayhem0/

if you win 6 games a day every day this month, you end up getting 700 gold or something. I missed a day or three so I'll lose out on the last few days which are the biggest payouts but still

in other news, the AMX 13 75 is embarrassingly bad, right? Well the utterly gimmicky 1 second intradrum reload AMX 13 57 is a near identical competition prize for whichever sad sack uploads some "interesting" gameplay clip to plays.tv and tags it #wglnaplaystv

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/tournaments/WGLNA-Plays-tv-Contest/

I could see this being ok if you really need to train a french light crew or something -- it's like being in a permanently bottom tier turreted JgPzIV. Otherwise, it's just something for those who are way too into ~deadly assassin~ 57mm peashooters

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

The first 8 games with the Hellcat's top gun. Thank god this tank is still fun and viable despite the nerfs.

Full camo, retrain to sixth sense, then snapshot on the gunner and clutch breaking on the driver? I haven't taken a single shot on the move the way this thing handles now, so I don't really think smooth ride would be of any use to me.
Camo net, rammer, binocs, any other advice for the post-nerf Hellcat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exia00
Feb 13, 2014

When in doubt.... C4
well this was mostly painless

"Thank you for contacting Wargaming America Support!

We've looked into this issue and have verified that the 30 Days of Premium Time was not credited to your account."

RanKizama posted:

I got about 34K into the Challenger and rage-sold it. It was easily the worst TD I've ever played next to the Churchill GC. Which I also gave up on and sold.

Just buy it back and only play it if its your double. Or grind it out real quick if its a 2x win/loss. Thats what i did. In the end it wasnt that bad. Sit back and chi snipe and farm damage.
WR isnt great but im happy to at least stay above 50%

Darkrenown posted:

I liked mine but in the end i was not going to finish the line and wasnt going to keep the conway anyway so.

Exia00 fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Oct 14, 2015