Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Seriously, even now, Bioware doesn't get enough credit for the multiplayer branching dialogue scenes. Leveling with a buddy and trying to make each other laugh with your weird dialogue choices is an experience you just don't get anywhere else. Me and my friend made these two Sith juggernauts who we played as lovely goth kids trying to one-up each other by being the most eee-vill, and god drat was that great.

Nothing quite like being the one light-sider in a group of dark-side Imps back in vanilla and snagging the LS/DS choice to force the group into saving kittens rather than eating them like the rest of the group wanted. I got booted from a few groups for doing that, and bitched at in many more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

Cythereal posted:

Nothing quite like being the one light-sider in a group of dark-side Imps back in vanilla and snagging the LS/DS choice to force the group into saving kittens rather than eating them like the rest of the group wanted. I got booted from a few groups for doing that, and bitched at in many more.

One of my best memories is doing Black Talon a few hours after launch, and voting to space the engineers. The group was furious.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Oh hey, we actually won conquest this week. :eyepop: What's the good thingy I should take again?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Eimi posted:

Oh hey, we actually won conquest this week. :eyepop: What's the good thingy I should take again?

Nothing, it's broken so we don't get rewards.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Medullah posted:

Nothing, it's broken so we don't get rewards.

I have the reward screen on my char. I guess I got lucky? So I can definitely take a thing.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Seriously, even now, Bioware doesn't get enough credit for the multiplayer branching dialogue scenes. Leveling with a buddy and trying to make each other laugh with your weird dialogue choices is an experience you just don't get anywhere else. Me and my friend made these two Sith juggernauts who we played as lovely goth kids trying to one-up each other by being the most eee-vill, and god drat was that great.

Nowadays we only have the sound of medullah furiously mashing spacebar over TS whenever there's a cutscene

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Eimi posted:

I have the reward screen on my char. I guess I got lucky? So I can definitely take a thing.

Oh cool. I can't remember which one it is, look in Oedzis stash to see which we have the most of. If you can't see that it doesn't matter much, just plop one in there. Hopefully we'll be conquering more with KOTFE

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Eimi posted:

Guild conquest is broken but personal goals are working fine I think?

Anyway, looks like we'll be able to get our personal goals with the crafting mats in 4.0 even if guild conquest is offline for a month or so while they fix it.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

xsf421 posted:

One of my best memories is doing Black Talon a few hours after launch, and voting to space the engineers. The group was furious.

My favorite thing I ever did in the Esseles was at the very end when I won back-to-back dialogue rolls where first I demanded a reward and then right afterward said "Please, I don't need a reward."

My guild used to do a lot of power-runs through Esseles to grind social points and alignment points, and things got a little silly after a while. We started doing all-nude runs. The line "Ironfist is nothing!" became this huge running joke. I once saw a guy with a guild tag like "the iron fist" and sent him a whisper saying "ironfist is nothing!" and he didn't get the reference and got all riled up.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
My personal goal is to punch a rancor in the dick.

And I achieved it. With fire.

:3: Powertech :3:

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Nerd Of Prey posted:

My favorite thing I ever did in the Esseles was at the very end when I won back-to-back dialogue rolls where first I demanded a reward and then right afterward said "Please, I don't need a reward."

My guild used to do a lot of power-runs through Esseles to grind social points and alignment points, and things got a little silly after a while. We started doing all-nude runs. The line "Ironfist is nothing!" became this huge running joke. I once saw a guy with a guild tag like "the iron fist" and sent him a whisper saying "ironfist is nothing!" and he didn't get the reference and got all riled up.

Between the overlap of star wars fans, bioware fans, and MMO fans, this game certainly does attract some wonderful people

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Coming back to the guild, username Reyxalia. I'll be bugging TNG members later tonight to add me.

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
I just subscribed, lured in by the casual friendly changes coming with the expansion. I'm currently debating just outright deleting the 35 juggernaut I started years and restarting. Are there any tangible downsides to this outside of just lost time?

Also, with respect to operations, is it likely that the new daily op or generally speaking story mode operations will be possible on the fly or with pretty casual effort, or is the pug community such that newbies risk vote kicks? I'd love to run the older operations just to see them and hope it's feasible. :)

Fifteen of Many fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Oct 14, 2015

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Fifteen of Many posted:

I just subscribed, lured in by the casual friendly changes coming with the expansion. I'm currently debating just outright deleting the 35 juggernaut I started years and restarting. Are there any tangible downsides to this outside of just lost time?

Also, with respect to operations, is it likely that the new daily op or generally speaking story mode operations will be possible on the fly or with pretty casual effort, or is the pug community such that newbies risk vote kicks? I'd love to run the older operations just to see them and hope it's feasible. :)

I suspect the SM operation of the day will be fairly pug friendly. I also suspect no one will actually use the group finder until they have a fully formed group, just like now.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Medullah posted:

Correct. If you want to level to 60 before KOTFE drops, you have to buy Shadow of Revan. Don't do that. Just wait.

Anybody else who's in my position (not having SoR unless you cough up twenty bucks): you can still do the prelude-to-Shadow of Revan flashpoints. And they let you solo them! :neckbeard:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

prefect posted:

Anybody else who's in my position (not having SoR unless you cough up twenty bucks): you can still do the prelude-to-Shadow of Revan flashpoints. And they let you solo them! :neckbeard:

Buttttt if you do that you're not gaining XP which means you won't hit 60 doing Rishi and Yavin. :)

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012
So you all should definitely use my referral code.
http://www.swtor.com/r/y4tgKR

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Medullah posted:

Buttttt if you do that you're not gaining XP which means you won't hit 60 doing Rishi and Yavin. :)

Dammit. There's so much stuff I haven't done yet, there's no way I'll be able to catch up by the 27th.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Okay. I may spend too much time on this game...but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyTiq1llcLA

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006

Medullah posted:

I suspect the SM operation of the day will be fairly pug friendly. I also suspect no one will actually use the group finder until they have a fully formed group, just like now.

Aw, that's disappointing if it turns out the case. Was hoping it'd be possible to reliably check them out. Oh well!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Fifteen of Many posted:

Aw, that's disappointing if it turns out the case. Was hoping it'd be possible to reliably check them out. Oh well!

You still will. At least on JC pug groups form all the time for group finder. They just form first, and then use GF.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
http://www.swtor.com/r/TkMbdV

Please to be using referral code to be giving me money and getting free things, people who is coming back.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Question about the agent story (spoilers specifically about the end of Ch.1).

How drastically does the game change if you side with Jadus? I know you get the same missions in different contexts and some NPCs talk to you differently, but is it mostly the same story with a few different tweaks, or does it create a completely different universe from the story where you take him out?

I'm curious about it but playing as the agent makes me hate the sith so much I just can't bear to help him. "Sure, yeah, I'll bring about a sith reign of terror or whatever, sounds great." The character's way more fun if you aren't a sith stooge, I don't know why I'd take on a lord like that.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Ainsley McTree posted:

Question about the agent story (spoilers specifically about the end of Ch.1).

How drastically does the game change if you side with Jadus? I know you get the same missions in different contexts and some NPCs talk to you differently, but is it mostly the same story with a few different tweaks, or does it create a completely different universe from the story where you take him out?

I'm curious about it but playing as the agent makes me hate the sith so much I just can't bear to help him. "Sure, yeah, I'll bring about a sith reign of terror or whatever, sounds great." The character's way more fun if you aren't a sith stooge, I don't know why I'd take on a lord like that.

It only changes some dialogue, plus you'll get a special, short quest later on. The story otherwise unfolds as normal with that extra quest thrown in later and some dialogue being different - usually meaning Jadus is the dude calling your ship rather than Keeper or the Minister.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Cythereal posted:

It only changes some dialogue, plus you'll get a special, short quest later on. The story otherwise unfolds as normal with that extra quest thrown in later and some dialogue being different - usually meaning Jadus is the dude calling your ship rather than Keeper or the Minister.

I'm glad I made the choice I did then! I hear enough sith talk with my warrior and inquisitor. Keeper/minister keeps it real. Thanks.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

Okay. I may spend too much time on this game...but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyTiq1llcLA

Holy poo poo 45k Achievement points and 28 60's and even I'm embarrassed for that person. I really, really hope that was made jokingly but somehow I doubt it.

Fifteen of Many posted:

It's always going to be that way so long as there is the Tank/Heal/DPS trinity...groups are just too easy to come by for Tanks and to a lesser extent Heals to risk a bad group.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Hey some super awesome person used my Referral code and I got my speeder and 100 coins but am I also supposed to get 500 coins? When does those happen? Also thank you whoever Mina is.

Corzen
Dec 2, 2006

This is bullshit! Try again.
So, I'll likely finish the Macrobinocular and Seeker Droid missions tomorrow. After that, I'll be happy to help anyone that's still attempting to race to 60 but doesn't want to pause to gear up every eight to ten levels. Also, someone was looking for help in gchat tonight about getting HK parts. Since I've just finished this, I can help with that as well. Otherwise, I'll just be hunting Datacrons on Camsin before 4.0 hits.

Edit: Thanks to Oedzi for explaining how to use the damned Seeker Droid. It's still a goofy mechanic, but at least it's better than how I was attempting to use it.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

cheesetriangles posted:

Hey some super awesome person used my Referral code and I got my speeder and 100 coins but am I also supposed to get 500 coins? When does those happen? Also thank you whoever Mina is.

You only get coins if they are a new subscriber and subscribe within 14 days of creating an account.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
So I spent most of last night running across planets killing hundreds of dudes and monsters for e-points.

Probably gonna do it again tonight.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

Nipponophile posted:

So I spent most of last night running across planets killing hundreds of dudes and monsters for e-points.

Probably gonna do it again tonight.

If the game isn't retarded about shared credit like it is with certain quest objectives, I'll probably be on doing the same so we could team up?

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer
I think it's time to try the HK-51 quest today! My Pyrotech is 55 and Makeb can wait!

Also; Everyone keeps saying dont spend your comms on new gears, Makeb will provide! What does Makeb provide? I have not gotten any gear or anything, I've just been murdering people left and right.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The gear comes from SoR prelude after. Makeb has the terminals that make you God.

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.

NuckmasterJ posted:

I think it's time to try the HK-51 quest today! My Pyrotech is 55 and Makeb can wait!

Also; Everyone keeps saying dont spend your comms on new gears, Makeb will provide! What does Makeb provide? I have not gotten any gear or anything, I've just been murdering people left and right.

I think "Makeb provides" in that you last need to spend on comms around 43ish, then Makeb leapfrogs you to 55. Allowing you to save all your comms till then?

The level 55 comm mods are awesome.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

NuckmasterJ posted:

I wouldn't bother to get gear until 55, Makeb just shits out EXP You'll be 55 like halfway through Makeb. I would buy the 55 Coms Gear. To get a full set for you it's only like 50 Basic comms, Then just save the comms that Shadow of Revan shits at you for when you hit 60.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

NuckmasterJ posted:

Makeb bolsters you to 55. If you're already 55, skip Makeb unless you want to see the story. At 55 you should start Shadow of Revan prelude from your ship and that will provide you gear as you progress.

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.

Medullah posted:

Makeb bolsters you to 55. If you're already 55, skip Makeb unless you want to see the story. At 55 you should start Shadow of Revan prelude from your ship and that will provide you gear as you progress.

Just to make sure. If I don't own SoR I can't start the prelude right? Or is prelude = Oricron?

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

midge posted:

Just to make sure. If I don't own SoR I can't start the prelude right? Or is prelude = Oricron?

You can do the prelude solo flashpoints, but you can't level past 55. You can be within 1 exp of 56, but won't level. I'm in the same situation, waiting for SoR to be free.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Not planning to jump back in anytime soon, but this was a pleasant surprise after logging in for the first time in almost 2 years

The story super XP is sub only, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.

xsf421 posted:

You can do the prelude solo flashpoints, but you can't level past 55. You can be within 1 exp of 56, but won't level. I'm in the same situation, waiting for SoR to be free.

Yeah I already noticed that on my 13hour, level 55 bounty hunter! That x12 exp is something else. Tempted to just get as many up to 55 as possible before the 27th.

• Locked thread