Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Are there really youngish Republican women out there that are pro-choice? That is a serious commitment to low taxes on rich people.

20 something white women with a trust fund / husband in finance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

20 something white women with a trust fund / husband in finance.

Or they just expect to make a lot of money by themselves someday, just like any male young Republican.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Phlegmish posted:

Those first three things sound pretty good. It's a shame about the rest.

That's the Randpaul experience. Somewhat within the realm of mainstream discourse for a bit, suddenly veering off into crazytown.

Sai
Sep 20, 2004

why is it legal for trump to host snl when eight years ago old grandpa's L&O episodes couldn't be broadcast and Arnie's movies were not allowed in Cali while he was running (or something like that)

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
trump is actually cool

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Sai posted:

why is it legal for trump to host snl when eight years ago old grandpa's L&O episodes couldn't be broadcast and Arnie's movies were not allowed in Cali while he was running (or something like that)

Because he probably isn't receiving royalties for it, whereas the other guys were. I could be wrong though.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Civilized Fishbot posted:

Or they just expect to make a lot of money by themselves someday, just like any male young Republican.

I've met these women, they want eat's best for their future husbands and families. That and they're scared to death of minorities.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Are there really youngish Republican women out there that are pro-choice? That is a serious commitment to low taxes on rich people.

young republican men do not have a monopoly on young republican idiocy.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

The X-man cometh posted:

I've met these women, they want eat's best for their future husbands and families. That and they're scared to death of minorities.

So what makes Jeb! better than Trump there? Just the fact that he's a clown?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
so what has happened to joementum

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Jeb!'s "the right people", Trump is vulgar.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

FuriousxGeorge posted:

trump is terrible with women

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Third World Reggin posted:

He went off to get a plate of tacos and kalamata olives.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Alter Ego posted:

Until it ends with President Trump and we all die in a torrent of nuclear fire, of course.

what do you mean until? That's the most hilarious outcome possible :getin:

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

When Montasque posted the funny Rand Paul pic it drove home that I miss Joementum. He is the one who posts funny Rand Paul pics!

Reaganball Z
Jun 21, 2007
Hybrid children watch the sea Pray for Father, roaming free

midnightclimax posted:

Senator, why are there 250 instances of you writing "Im gay" in a forum called "General Bullshit"?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

showbiz_liz posted:

sure looks like beans to me

#beangazi

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
They look unusually large for black beans in the zoomed out photo. I don't know what to think.

stoutfish posted:

trump is terrible with women

Ahh, so Jeb's strategy of being equally terrible with everyone is finally paying off.

FuriousxGeorge fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Oct 13, 2015

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Solid Poopsnake posted:

He went off to get a plate of tacos and kalamata olives.

oh so you defected to the kalamata camp huh?

loving bean traitor

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Sai posted:

good question I'm going to guess the answer has something to do with how utterly hosed in half all of our campaign laws are in the new post-citizens united world

either that or Lorne Michaels promises that every candidate will have equal time and everyone gets to host SNL, but by the time they get around to actually scheduling it all the other candidates have dropped out, dehumanized themselves, and faced to bloodshed

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

Baloogan posted:

He actually looks like a nice guy.

He's got less of a chance than his dad, but you know what? I don't think he minds. He's just having fun, travelling the country, eating burgers, and spending rich libertarians' campaign money.

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

I'm glad we can bring this back into the rotation for a minute.

Reaganball Z
Jun 21, 2007
Hybrid children watch the sea Pray for Father, roaming free

point of return posted:

He's got less of a chance than his dad, but you know what? I don't think he minds. He's just having fun, travelling the country, eating burgers, and spending rich libertarians' campaign money.

If Dr. Paul (the REAL Dr. Paul) were a decade younger and didn't have the newsletter issue around his neck he'd be mopping the floor with the rest of these assholes.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
and if my grandmother had wheels she'd be a bicycle

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

crazy cloud posted:

good question I'm going to guess the answer has something to do with how utterly hosed in half all of our campaign laws are in the new post-citizens united world

either that or Lorne Michaels promises that every candidate will have equal time and everyone gets to host SNL, but by the time they get around to actually scheduling it all the other candidates have dropped out, dehumanized themselves, and faced to bloodshed

You don't have to give them equal time unless they ask for it and I really doubt most Republican candidates think going on SNL will help them connect (even though I secretly want them all to try and fail one by one).

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Oil! posted:

You don't have to give them equal time unless they ask for it and I really doubt most Republican candidates think going on SNL will help them connect (even though I secretly want them all to try and fail one by one).

Right but the thing I was responding to was that we vaguely remember in the 00's poo poo like "Arnold Schwarzenegger movies aren't getting shown on TBS because he's running for office" and "Fred Thompson was in episodes of Law and Order but we're airing different reruns because he's pretending to run for office while he takes a 12-month long standing-up nappy time". It was a thing, I think.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

crazy cloud posted:

Right but the thing I was responding to was that we vaguely remember in the 00's poo poo like "Arnold Schwarzenegger movies aren't getting shown on TBS because he's running for office" and "Fred Thompson was in episodes of Law and Order but we're airing different reruns because he's pretending to run for office while he takes a 12-month long standing-up nappy time". It was a thing, I think.

Well, in those cycles, we didn't have the FEC Chairman saying things like

quote:

WASHINGTON — The leader of the Federal Election Commission, the agency charged with regulating the way political money is raised and spent, says she has largely given up hope of reining in abuses in the 2016 presidential campaign, which could generate a record $10 billion in spending.

“The likelihood of the laws being enforced is slim,” Ann M. Ravel, the chairwoman, said in an interview. “I never want to give up, but I’m not under any illusions. People think the F.E.C. is dysfunctional. It’s worse than dysfunctional.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/03/us/politics/fec-cant-curb-2016-election-abuse-commission-chief-says.html

Basically the FEC is gridlocked to death and incapable of doing anything, because half of its members think that the scene in Talladega Nights where Will Ferrell's kids run around shouting "ANARCHY" is a good model of government.

So basically it's the same problem as we have in Congress.

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Oct 13, 2015

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
lol awesome

laws affecting billionaires "yeah we're not even gonna go through the motions of pretending to enforce this poo poo"

laws affecting anyone else "give the cops tanks and bazookas"

:patriot:

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005
It probably has to do with money. Hosting SNL is the same thing as going on a show like Colbert or The Daily Show. It's a live event and they're the guest, and, most importantly, they probably aren't getting paid to be there. Acting roles would involve royalty checks that could be construed as campaign contributions. There's probably ways around it if the candidate agreed, like they could hold the royalty money in escrow until after the election or something, but that's likely more of a hassle than just not airing particular reruns for a set period of time.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

crazy cloud posted:

lol awesome

laws affecting billionaires "yeah we're not even gonna go through the motions of pretending to enforce this poo poo"

laws affecting anyone else "give the cops tanks and bazookas"

:patriot:

To be fair that quote is by a Democratic appointee calling out the fact that the Republican FEC commissioners won't allow it to do anything. She's just stating baldly that the emperor has no clothes.

But, yes, still, you're absolutely right, in effect. Yet more proof that America is a banana republic.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Jan 22, 2016

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

To be fair that quote is by a Democratic appointee calling out the fact that the Republican FEC commissioners won't allow it to do anything. She's just stating baldly that the emperor has no clothes.

But, yes, still, you're absolutely right, in effect. Yet more proof that America is a banana republic.

As much I love being right (a lot) this is still a huge bummer.

I wish someone would come along and Make America Great Again...

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

He's back now, in the debate thread.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
If anyone cares, noted pollster-that-exists Morning Consult has new numbers out. Morning Consult is two years old and has no track record, so take it with a truckload of salt.

Dems:

Clinton 54
Sanders 22
Chafee/O'Malley/Webb 1
Other 5

GOP

Trump 34
Carson 20
Jeb! 9
Cruz/Rubio/Fiorina 5
Huckabee 4
Paul/Christie 3
Kasich 2

Also, on a more serious note, have a PPP poll of Pennsylvania

Trump 24
Carson 23
Cruz/Fiorina 9
Jeb!/Christie 7
Rubio 6
Huckabee/Kasich 3
Former Pennsylvania Senator Rick Santorum 2
Gilmore/Paul 1
Graham/Jindal/Pataki 0

From that Pennsylvania poll, head to heads:

Trump 60
Jeb! 31

Carson 52
Trump 38

Trump 47
Fiorina 43

Rubio 45
Trump 44

Coatlicue
Sep 14, 2012

it doesn't matter
how fast or how far,
you're still runnin' like a fool
Wait, so does trump think that 4chan video makes him look good? Why on earth would he retweet that?

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
New FOXNEWS poll:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/interactive/2015/10/13/fox-news-poll-carson-giving-trump-run-for-his-money/

Take aways:

Crazy gun chat has helped Carson greatly.
Trump's numbers are stable. Still #1!
Cruz and Rubio on the rise...
Fiorina has nose dived.
Jeb! is up a whole point.

Montasque fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Oct 14, 2015

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Montasque posted:

Fiorina has nose dived.

I would prefer literally anyone else running to win. Even Lindsey Graham....

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

i wish this were real

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

midnightclimax posted:

Senator, why are there 250 instances of you writing "Im gay" in a forum called "General Bullshit"?

same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
How many days til Trump turns on Carson? The only reason to play nice is to pull him in for a possible VP position. Something like "What's with all this Nazi stuff? Stop watching the History Channel, Ben. I'd be the best president of 2016, I'm not worried about the 1940s. You know what? I'll make America as good as it was in the 40s! Greatest generation, that's the Trump generation!" *Pivots to airport chat*

• Locked thread