Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
camera to capture card

capture card to recording software

recording software to streaming software

streaming software to kitchencast

watching cooking with smythe in realtime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
where's the cooking with smythe video

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

fleshweasel posted:

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

fleshweasel posted:

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

twentyfourcharacterslong

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

fleshweasel posted:

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

fleshweasel posted:

where's the cucking with smythe video

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

more like, remove larry and sergei's moonshot projects from google budgeting.

shareholders were getting testy because there was no way to prove how much spending was going into actual google R&D versus nonsensical projects that are doomed to lose money indefinitely

now management can't silently divert funds to obvious bullshit. it either has to be a conscious top-down strategy, or not done at all.

I wonder if they also want to get the google name off of their business offerings to try and distance them from their reputation for abandoning things whenever they are not new and interesting.

Linguica posted:

Wasn't someone talking recently about how Google was destined to start hosting websites directly in order to defeat adblocker blacklists. welp https://www.ampproject.org/

killing JavaScript is a good thing. I mean sure they are primarily doing it because JavaScript runs like poo poo on android because of the "more cores!" strategy of android device manufacturers but still.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Smythe posted:

Mines called SmytheCast. I also have KitchenCast
hey check out nelson rockefeller here with his TWO chromecasts

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

FMguru posted:

hey check out nelson rockefeller here with his TWO chromecasts

I got one from work when I replaced it with a roku

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

LOL google's talking points memo got leaked

http://www.thememo.com/2015/10/13/exclusive-8-questions-google-afraid-answer/

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

doesn't chromecast already have like unblockable youtube ads?
like you load up a video and the ad you would normally block with a bog standard ad blocker can't be blocked because walled garden or whatever

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

dunno but i like how self-conscious they are about how they make money

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
well thats probably because they make money out of spying on everyone without their consent or knowledge

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Ludwig van Halen posted:

doesn't chromecast already have like unblockable youtube ads?
like you load up a video and the ad you would normally block with a bog standard ad blocker can't be blocked because walled garden or whatever

no

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
the cool thing about an ecosystem is though one piece may be a loss, having that piece increases the value and revenue of the whole

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

:golgo:
EVERYONE EXCEPT THE HOT WOMEN
:golgo:
it has ads but theyre skippable

it really makes me want to put an adblocker on my router tho

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
chromecast is excellent. freaking lol if the YOS-mental illness has addled your brain in such a way that you're blind to this reality.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

chromecast is great. not entirely sure why they want to add games to it though.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Tatsujin posted:

i work in marketing, so i can say with full authority that ads are gently caress, block them

burning swine
May 26, 2004

Tatsujin posted:

Unfortunately youtube pretty much forces https these days, and unless youre MITM'ing your own traffic, router-based blocking doesn't work :(

Speaking from experience here

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

FopeDush posted:

Unfortunately youtube pretty much forces https these days, and unless youre MITM'ing your own traffic, router-based blocking doesn't work :(

Speaking from experience here
have you heard of dns- or ip-based blocklists

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

lol

Q. how does this compare to Apple TV?

Well, we think people use mobile devices to watch content and want to make it easy for them to share

Q. you mean like AirPlay?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

im hendrix

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Stux posted:

im hendrix
you wish

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i wish he was, too, os i wouldn't be subjected to his posts

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

duTrieux. posted:

multi-user games in a party can be fun, some of the Google ones are really weird though, like a question: how tall is Mount Kilimanjaro in Justin Biebers?

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

MrMoo posted:

multi-user games in a party can be fun, some of the Google ones are really weird though, like a question: how tall is Mount Kilimanjaro in Justin Biebers?

yea googlers are autismal

quiplash is a party browser game that isn't made by google and it's v fun so if they release a chromecast version i'd be down

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
chromecast is epic for "let me show this 1 youtube vid" that becomes 3 hours of drinking beer and watching fail army vids kuz ppl can add vids to the tv youtube queue from their phones

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Smythe posted:

chromecast is epic for "let me show this 1 youtube vid" that becomes 3 hours of drinking beer and watching fail army vids kuz ppl can add vids to the tv youtube queue from their phones

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Smythe posted:

*involuntary shudder*

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

Smythe posted:

uh, what if i only drink water and tea and have never seen a streaming video and also don't have a smart phone or any friends?

what then?

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

angry_keebler posted:

uh, what if i only drink water and tea and have never seen a streaming video and also don't have a smart phone or any friends?

what then?

world of warcraft

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

angry_keebler posted:

what then?

Post on yospos, bicth

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

duTrieux. posted:

In app purchases... on your TV!

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
you can't even preorder the 64 or 128 sizes of the new Nexus anymore.I want the 6P but I want my phone company to foot the bill so they better fuckin release it soon!!!!! :mad:

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Smythe posted:

this except all my friends are women so add a bunch of funny vids of dogges to the queue too

and tequila shots *involuntary ptsd shudder*

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Smythe posted:

same except airplay on an appletv

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Snapchat A Titty posted:

same except airplay on an appletv

hmm 35$ devices vs 300$ devices

:fuckoff: something something rule 36 :fuckoff:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU