Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

The Mexico City Mexicutioners select '71 Tug McGraw

Insert Tug McGraw in to short relief, bump Bill 'Spaceman' Lee down to middle relief, send Steve Reed to the minors to be taught a lesson by El Diablo

Tickle Bomb is on the clock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CFBalla
Sep 16, 2009

Yeah, I just made that shot. :smug:

The Cardinals may lose today, and that's fine, because I have a lot of friends that are Cubs fans and it'd be cool to see them be happy about baseball again. At least my team still crushes Monicro's band of misfits. God bless.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Since Dihigo has not been very good and apparently hasn't handled the bar very well at all, that's an acceptable loss I guess. It's only 10 games, maybe he'll take the time off to remember how to be Martin Dihigo!

DL Dihigo and call up Jim Bunning

Burt Hooton takes Dihigo's spot in the rotation and Bunning goes into long relief.

Armitage fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Oct 14, 2015

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
Yo if anyone wants to trade a draft pick for someone on my team, let me know. spreadsheet

TKBomber7285
Feb 20, 2011

The Phantoms select 1969 Mel Stottlemyre

He will take over the fifth starter position and as a result I will demote Larry Jackson to AAA. CVE is on the clock.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Smasher, before I make any lineup moves, could you tell me who I'm playing in the second series this upcoming week?

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

Mornacale posted:

Yo if anyone wants to trade a draft pick for someone on my team, let me know. spreadsheet

for about what, there's like two guys i see that probably wont be on the board when i'm up

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Sub-Par Week 17 Injury Report

Antigua Unspecifieds
Brian Downing (C) (Nothing in particular) - 10 days

Aperture Scientists
Bobby Doerr (2B) (The iceberg that sinks the unsinkable) - 12 days

Mother Base Diamond Dogs
Hughie Jennings (SS) (I was right!) - 45 days

South Shore Gumshoes
Jim Thome (1B) (Just too massive for the Hawaiian climate) - 81 days

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

Ice To Meet You posted:

Antigua Unspecifieds
Brian Downing (C) (Nothing in particular) - 10 days

Aperture Scientists

Mother Base Diamond Dogs
Hughie Jennings (SS) (I was right!) - 45 days

South Shore Gumshoes
Jim Thome (1B) (Just too massive for the Hawaiian climate) - 81 days

CRAIG BIGGIOS BACK

sub Craig Biggio in for doerr

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

The tail end of the season just won't be the same without hulkamatt pulling out his hair trying to keep his team alive.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

mentholmoose posted:

Smasher, before I make any lineup moves, could you tell me who I'm playing in the second series this upcoming week?

Symphony.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I'm really sad now. :(

Is Clements not personal catcher for anyone now? Make him personal for Clemens I guess because Gibson is sore.

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
the Vault Boys select their old friend. THE Thornton Lee '41.

Monicro is on the clock.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

Thank you.

Jackson's going to be out for a few days, so let's call up McGraw, send down Jackson.

New lineup vs. RHP:

code:
2B - Collins
CF - Hamilton
SS - Vaughan
LF - Bonds
RF - Ramirez
3B - Santo
1B - Foxx
C  - Torre (keep the personal catcher the same)
DH - McGraw
And vs. LHP:

code:
2B - Collins
RF - Hamilton
SS - Vaughan
LF - Bonds
DH - Ramirez
3B - Santo
1B - Foxx
C  - Torre (keep the personal catcher the same)
CF - Davis

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
How two non-SL owners got in front of an SL judge is beyond me!

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

DannoMack posted:

Readers are important too! You wouldn't think there would be readers, since you can't even say that all the owners actually read the updates, so I guess those that do exist become more important due to their scarcity.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

DannoMack posted:

Maybe you should read the brief then, because it's clearly stated. I know it wasn't as simple as a "Now you kids be good, eh?" like you're used to, but here in America the appropriate language is used to assure clarity for all parties.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Well it's a matter in equity if it's before the chancery division, which hitherto I was unaware SL Circuit Court had a chancery division. Is there a hornbook or something for SL civil practice?

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
I would be interested in a pick if someone is okay getting the compensation at the end of the season or whatever.

Here is my Sheet.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

Pander posted:

Maybe you should read the brief then, because it's clearly stated. I know it wasn't as simple as a "Now you kids be good, eh?" like you're used to, but here in America the appropriate language is used to assure clarity for all parties.

I was trying to other them for costing me a write up about MY game of the week!

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Can't believe Smasher forgot to include this standard piece of legal boilerplate

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Smasher wrote a lot of words, but I not sure if I comprehend them as I live in a society where words no longer have meaning

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

DOOP posted:

Smasher wrote a lot of words, but I not sure if I comprehend them as I live in a society where words no longer have meaning

Please stop living in the Orwellian State of Singapore.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
I just want to say that in terms of the updates, I'm feeling slightly burnt out, probably because it's the end of the season, so if the games of the week are a bit off-spec, just bear with me.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
You do good work with the updates, Smasher, and I look forward to the day when I succeed in spite of myself enough to get into the Super-League so that I can see my team and my play eviscerated in print by you.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

Smasher Dynamo posted:

I just want to say that in terms of the updates, I'm feeling slightly burnt out, probably because it's the end of the season, so if the games of the week are a bit off-spec, just bear with me.

For what it's worth the non-standard writeups you do are my favorite, don't feel obligated to stick to the format!

CVE posted:

the Vault Boys select their old friend. THE Thornton Lee '41.

Monicro is on the clock.

Lmao nobody put this in the sheet so I've been waiting for the last 6 hours

The Nine select '73 Darrell Evans, who will platoon with Kell starting immediately (demote Dykes)

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
also Expansion week 0 will be up in a couple days

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
Yeah, the non starded writeups are a good way to mix it up - like any sketch show you don't always hit but sometimes they are the best work.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

Ice To Meet You posted:

Aperture Scientists

yeah that's a real shame that happened i'm going draft Bobby Doerr '42 and place him in all lineups until Bobby Doerr '47 gets back from his injury.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
Yeah, I know I've missed a season. Or two. But I kind of preferred the GotWs where you'd talk about obscure comic book stuff or delve into strange subplots about the owners, because I understood them better. People who get mad about the updates not always being about baseball are not cool funhavers, and should try being more like the rest of us, who are.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

I don't think anyone got mad

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Smasher Dynamo's assistant of the Super-League.
As a writer with no specific focus, I applaud randomness in all its forms. Just keep on being you, and hopefully you've taken some small solace in a Cubs clincher at Wrigley for the first time in their history.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

cbx posted:

As a writer with no specific focus, I applaud randomness in all its forms. Just keep on being you, and hopefully you've taken some small solace in a Cubs clincher at Wrigley for the first time in their history.

whenever the cubs actually do win the world series smasher is going to the victory parade to only go there and scream IT'S ABOUT GODDAMN TIME at the players a bunch

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

Monicro posted:

Lmao nobody put this in the sheet so I've been waiting for the last 6 hours

Strange I wrote it in myself althoguh I didn't link the post. Must have done something wrong then. My bad.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

CraigK posted:

whenever the cubs actually do win the world series smasher is going to the victory parade to only go there and scream IT'S ABOUT GODDAMN TIME at the players a bunch

The players? More like the GM

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Smasher Dynamo posted:

All I know is you can't quit now, when I am on the cusp of finally making it back* to the Super League (who am I kidding, collapse is imminent).

*because the first time I played there was no subpar league to be relegated to out of the EC

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

The players? More like the GM

He'll be the guy who corrects everyone and goes "well actually, Theo Epstein's title isn't GM..."

Anyway, I hope you're happy the Cubs beat the Cardinals! I hope they reach the World Series against the Jays and the games just devolve into a homer contest.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Super-League XVII, Week 18 Injury Report

Hartford Whalers
Paul Assenmacher (RP) (Mach rear end) - 7 days

Hill City Dinos
Don Sutton (SP) (K-T Event) - 12 days

Jersey City Jobbers
Martin Dihigo (SP) (Tell me, do you have any other challenges that you're mulling?) - 10 days

Ry'leh Cultists
Walter Johnson (SP) (Where is thy P now?) - 10 days

Pick 'em: No Regrets!

Canadian Championship
Hartford Whalers (c) @ South Dakota Marmosets

Hardcore and Larkin-Downing Championships
Detroit Wolverines (c) @ Slaughterhouse Nine

Grand Slam Championships
Porthcawl Rakers @ Chicago Southpaws (c)

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
Marmos take, rest retain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

pick it
Marmos win, others retain