Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Weird hearing Bernie not yell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Job Truniht
Nov 7, 2012

MY POSTS ARE REAL RETARDED, SIR
work hard and become rich capitalism~~

Doctor Candiru
Dec 23, 2004
Umbrella Monkey Sand

Mitt Romney posted:

This is what the 2016 election will look like if McGovern Bernie Sanders wins the nomination:

Minnesota and Vermont would be blue in the high sixties.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Webb would have been more convincing as Big Tough Marine Dude if he weren't constantly whining about how he wasn't getting any time to speak. :qq:

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Campaign Slogan: “One percent of this country owns 38 percent of the wealth. The bottom 60 percent owns 2.3 percent. We are essentially living in an oligarchy, one that is headed for the edge of the cliff if we do not address the social and economic inequalities that are propelling this downward spiral. How can we ever expect to reclaim the respect and support of the international community when we are starting wars in the name of democracy? When in our own country we are handing out $285 million-dollar severance packages while millions of Americans, even with the Affordable Care Act, remained uninsured? I’m telling you, the warning signs are here, and we must act. My name is Bernie Sanders.”

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Dogwood Fleet posted:

Come on, his dad had just died!

Wait...where was Webb when that happened?!

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

Joementum posted:

She was much better than Obama at debating in 2008. It was a big problem for the Obama campaign who were bailed out of it mostly by Biden stealing the show every time.

Whoops, I think I am letting the 2012 debates cloud how good I thought Obama was. Regardless, Hillary was masterful.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Dogwood Fleet posted:

Come on, his dad had just died!

where was webb that day?

just asking questions

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Commie NedFlanders posted:

Frank Luntz calling it for Bernie overwhelmingly

gently caress me

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Frank Luntz also said Trump lost the first debate.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

zen death robot posted:

I want to like Sanders more but I seriously don't think he'd make it in the general unless Trump is the nominee

Every statistic in the world has him beating nearly all of them.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Winkie01 posted:

I might have been true drunk to remember but I always thought Obama was at debates

obama sucked at debates. although he was fantastic at the second and third 2012 debates

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Hillary won, but Bernie has more room to grow so it wouldn't surprise me if he gets more of a bounce. He was floundering in the first hour but he came back pretty well.

Hillary is still going to get the nomination.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

aBagorn posted:

I only remember "you're likable enough" so IMO Obama owned 2008.

At the time, that was a problem for Obama outside of his rabid fans. It came off as condescending and misogynistic. He had to walk it back repeatedly.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I need that sound clip of Webb talking about the enemy soldier.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

RIP bernie sanders

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
Webb: Ask me more questions! I need more time!
Cooper: Okay, what is your stance on-
Webb: I'VE SEEN THE LIFE DRAIN FROM A MAN'S EYES

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
HOUSE PARTIES!

AIN'T NO PARTY LIKE A BERNIE SANDERS PARTY CAUSE A BERNIE SANDERS PARTY ENDS AT A REASONABLE HOUR AND KEEPS THE MUSIC LOW.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Bernie is kinda pulling ahead with this interview because exposure is king right now

Bastaman Vibration
Jun 26, 2005
MSNBC is so in the tank for Clinton, wow. Shouldn't surprise me but dayum

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock
Bernie's wife seems pretty cool

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010
So my wife wanted to complain about work during the section about marijuana. what did they say?

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

Boon posted:

Bernie still angry in his post-game interview

I bet kids are terrified if a ball rolls into his yard

Yeah he did seem angry during the debate. It was a little off putting.

Job Truniht
Nov 7, 2012

MY POSTS ARE REAL RETARDED, SIR

Joementum posted:

At the time, that was a problem for Obama outside of his rabid fans. It came off as condescending and misogynistic. He had to walk it back repeatedly.

yeah this doesn't sound familiar at all

PDP-1
Oct 12, 2004

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

Ceiling fan posted:

Chafee lost. Big time.

Chafee moved the needle from 'who?' to 'oh right, that idiot'.

Biggest transformation of the night.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
I just remembered Hillary's "No" response to whether she wanted to comment to Chaffee/OMalley.

gently caress that was gold.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

RaceBannon posted:

So my wife wanted to complain about work during the section about marijuana. what did they say?

They said "Listen to your wife"

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
Anderson Cooper moderated the poo poo out of this debate.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

There was a lot of generosity toward Hillary regarding going over time. Not that she didn't have flowery and nice things to say with those extra few minutes, but it put a bad taste in my mouth. Granted, she was the only one who just powered through and talked over the moderator except Cryass Webb.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Job Truniht posted:

yeah this doesn't sound familiar at all

It is thought of one of the few reasons Obama suddenly lost huge ground in the NH primary.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Tatum Girlparts posted:

HOUSE PARTIES!

AIN'T NO PARTY LIKE A BERNIE SANDERS PARTY CAUSE A BERNIE SANDERS PARTY ENDS AT A REASONABLE HOUR AND KEEPS THE MUSIC LOW.

keep the music as loud as you want tbh, bernie's gonna be louder

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

EugeneJ posted:

Bernie's owning the post-debate segment here

yeah lol man he got a nice long interview immediately after the debate

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

RaceBannon posted:

Not much, Bernie would legalize, Clinton would "wait and see what the states do" BS answer, CNN couldn't care less what the other guys thought

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

RaceBannon posted:

it'll be free, but extremely low dankage

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

dinoputz posted:

MSNBC is so in the tank for Clinton, wow. Shouldn't surprise me but dayum

Yea Chris Matthews and Andrea Mitchell are notorious neoliberal "third way" buggers

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
uhh why is he getting all of this alone time this completely takes away from the narrative that the media is silencing him

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Senf posted:

Bernie is kinda pulling ahead with this interview because exposure is king right now

Yeah he is killing this interview.

And you're right about exposure. Everyone already knows Hillary Clinton. Theoretically the other candidates are being introduced to many voters for the first time.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

SeANMcBAY posted:

Hilary did a great job but I'm actually kinda excited about Sanders now.:toot:

Jim Webb feels like the Joe Biden of this cycle.

I'm excited about hillary. what sold me was her understanding of how international finance actually works and the real risk in the system. shadow banks are what people should worry about, glass steagal is a complete red herring for people who don't understand anything about international finance. bringing it back would change nothing since we don't even have any investment banks anymore!

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

berserker posted:

Bernie's wife seems pretty cool

She reminds me of my aunt... 'come up and spend the night sometime, we'll get drunk and you can sleep in the spare room, then we'll go to yard sales in the morning!'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

yeah lol man he got a nice long interview immediately after the debate

But remember tomorrow the story will be CNN was in the tank for SHILLARY

• Locked thread