Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Podium order (per CNN)

Stream will be free without a cable subscription needed -

http://go.cnn.com/?stream=cnn

quote:

“All users will be able to watch live CNN TV online and on their mobile devices without logging in … The CNN live stream will be available on CNN.com’s Home Page and across its mobile platforms,” the network announced.

CNN is being retarded about Joe Biden possibly showing up and they have an extra podium ready if he does - watch Stephen Colbert make fun of them for it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBkwVvlB0cI

Current polls:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/poll-hillary-clinton-still-leads-democratic-race/

quote:

Just days before the first Democratic candidate debate, Hillary Clinton is ahead of Bernie Sanders by 19 points in the Democratic race for the nomination nationally. Forty-six percent would vote for her. Her lead is similar to last month, but has narrowed since August. Potential candidate Vice President Joe Biden comes in third, with 16 percent, while the other candidates trail far behind.

If Biden decides not to enter the race, Clinton's lead over Sanders widens. She would have 56 percent support, compared to 32 percent for Sanders.

Clinton is still viewed as the candidate with the best chance of winning a general election. Nearly six in 10 Democratic primary voters see her as the most electable, far ahead of the other candidates in the field.

Tonight's moderator:

Somebody has issued a correction as of 01:15 on Oct 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
can we bar fishmech and veskit from posting in this thread?

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU
Any word on length? Will this be one hour like the first GOP one, or should I be ready for a 3-hour extravaganza?

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Why are there four nobodies up on the stage with Bernie?

Brigadier Sockface
Apr 1, 2007
How many questions will Trump get to ask?

Pulp Can Move
Oct 4, 2012

Zarin posted:

Any word on length? Will this be one hour like the first GOP one, or should I be ready for a 3-hour extravaganza?

It's scheduled on my DVR to run until 11:00 EST, so two-and-a-half hours. But that may include time at the end for CNN Expert Analysis about how There Wasn't a Clear Winner.

Brigadier Sockface posted:

How many questions will Trump get to ask?

He gets Biden's podium when Diamond Joe doesn't show.

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015

Pulp Can Move posted:

It's scheduled on my DVR to run until 11:00 EST, so two-and-a-half hours. But that may include time at the end for CNN Expert Analysis about how There Wasn't a Clear Winner.

Hmmm. That means it would run untill 5am local time here, and I have to get up at 7 am...

gently caress it. LET'S DO THIS!!!!!

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Please put this image in the op:

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

Atoramos posted:

Why are there four nobodies up on the stage with Bernie?

:berned:

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

So are the moderators gonna ask stupid empty filler questions to Bernie and cut him off when he starts spitting truth?

I'm assuming they are gonna try to help Clinton

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
Predicting Carly is gonna get a big bump from being declared the debate winner.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Commie NedFlanders posted:

So are the moderators gonna ask stupid empty filler questions to Bernie and cut him off when he starts spitting truth?

I'm assuming they are gonna try to help Clinton

Basing this on, I assume, the media's well-established fondness for the Clintons and dislike of political horseraces.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Sir Kodiak posted:

Basing this on, I assume, the media's well-established fondness for the Clintons and dislike of political horseraces.

<THOSE FUCKERS> are trying to take <OUR poo poo>!

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Lets' see, there's Hillary, Bernie, and two or three other guys, right? Which one of them will be the dark horse who steals the debate?

what if Larry Lessig breaks through security and tries to take Handsome Joe's podium?

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Ego-bot posted:

Predicting Carly is gonna get a big bump from being declared the debate winner.

MSNBC keeps using the term "Carly moment" which is driving me nuts

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

Lets' see, there's Hillary, Bernie, and two or three other guys, right? Which one of them will be the dark horse who steals the debate?

Webb might actually get a non-zero bump from the debate. Hillary's probably going to go far left in order to compete with Bernie, and O'Malley is probably going to do the same to compete with both of them, so Blue Dogs are going to be turned off from those three but attracted to Jim Webb, who'll probably play up his Reagan Democrat credentials if he bothers to show up .

Chafee will probably get a moment in the spotlight by yelling at Hllary for voting for the Iraq War, but that probably won't translate to support for himself.

Also, everybody is going to get a boost from the Biden supporters who finally give up.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
I am looking forward to watching these out of touch authoritarians argue over how best to confiscate more of my money and confiscate my SCARY SPOOKY guns for the CHILDREN.

Also looking forward to the sane person on stage, Jim Webb, having zero poll movement, once again proving how INsane the Democratic rank and file are.

That and the same people who called Romney a robot trying to carry the water for what I'm sure will be a lifeless and dreadful performance by candidate for President Hillary Clinton 2.0

Boosted_C5 has issued a correction as of 18:45 on Oct 13, 2015

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Boosted_C5 posted:

That and the same people who called Romney a robot trying to carry the water for what I'm sure will be a lifeless and dreadful performance by candidate for President Hillary Clinton 2.0

:agreed: also hey buddy!

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

they forgot Shadow Biden

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

AfroLine posted:

they forgot Shadow Biden

He's the secret bonus stage opponent.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

what if Larry Lessig breaks through security and tries to take Handsome Joe's podium?

Student Brian Boyko has lost faith in America CNN

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

greatn posted:

Please put this image in the op:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

break his legs and spine

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

stoutfish posted:

can we bar fishmech and veskit from posting in this thread?

lol

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
Meanwhile, in Las Vegas: (It helps if you imagine badass music from every montage from an action movie where the hero is arming up before the climax)

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Civilized Fishbot posted:

Webb might actually get a non-zero bump from the debate. Hillary's probably going to go far left in order to compete with Bernie, and O'Malley is probably going to do the same to compete with both of them, so Blue Dogs are going to be turned off from those three but attracted to Jim Webb, who'll probably play up his Reagan Democrat credentials if he bothers to show up .

Chafee will probably get a moment in the spotlight by yelling at Hllary for voting for the Iraq War, but that probably won't translate to support for himself.

Also, everybody is going to get a boost from the Biden supporters who finally give up.
Eh, O'Malley might go right with Webb on certain issues, given that

fronz posted:

Martin O'Malley incarcerated 1/6th of Baltimore.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

fade5 posted:

Eh, O'Malley might go right with Webb on certain issues, given that

O'Malley's past record and current rhetoric are completely at odds; he definitely isn't acting "hard on crime" anymore, although he hasn't renounced his Baltimore record so he's basically odious to everyone when it comes to crime and a just-left-of-Hillary liberal on everything else

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

William Bear posted:

Meanwhile, in Las Vegas: (It helps if you imagine badass music from every montage from an action movie where the hero is arming up before the climax)

He seems like a nice man and I am sad that no one will vote for him and he'll feel bad as a result.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

William Bear posted:

im the chafee HOPE poster

User Error
Aug 31, 2006
As a single issue Metric system voter I will vote for him. Feel the Chafe!

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I want to play Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning with Lincoln Chafee. :unsmith:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Yeah, best of luck to you, Mr. Chafee.

usbombshell
Oct 29, 2004

Boom!

I was tweeting stuff about Lincoln Chafee to try to create a buzz, but I had been spelling his name wrong :smith:

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

im the chafee HOPE poster

Given his metric system obsession and our monitory system I'm surprised he went with that instead of CHANGE.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

:unsmith:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

William Bear posted:

Lich Café?
Lynch Café?

Pulp Can Move
Oct 4, 2012
Chafee will be Bernie's Secretary of State.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

William Bear posted:

lmao its like a post mid-life crisis dorm room

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lmao its like a post mid-life crisis dorm room

nose and chin already getting ruddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
There's still time to RSVP for the debate party with Rep. Kennedy in Boston tonight!
https://www.hillaryclinton.com/events/view/?id=650196

• Locked thread