Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica

a Loving Dog posted:

i always felt like halo 3's hit detection was off from what i remember. then again i was usually drunk or really high or both when i would play that game

I've heard that too. I personally haven't noticed anything. It's still difficult for me to snipe people like it was on the 360. There used to be an issue on H3 MCC with deadzones, but that has since been resolved. I almost forgot... they haven't added armor customization and the new Halo 4 armor, armor mods, upgrades and weapon skins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
I used to think it was off until the first time I saw a sticky fall off a master chief and then I knew it was off

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

a Loving Dog posted:

lol stux gets told to stop posting in loving yospos. literally the only place he isnt universally hated is the xbox is bad thread full of brokebrained weirdos.

I wouldn't say "not hated"

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

a Loving Dog posted:

lol stux gets told to stop posting in loving yospos. literally the only place he isnt universally hated is the xbox is bad thread full of brokebrained weirdos. what a cool fulfilling life

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
stix is a white noise poster but all the posts raging about him are way more obnoxious imo

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

Okay yeah that's a fair point, that's including plenty of buffer space for future DLC. I was thinking god drat that's big, but they're probably just hedging their bets.

Probably being similarly optimistic as thinking that people would want DLC for Spartan Ops Season 2 (and apparently one goon did! :cheeky:)

Although with the plan for free map DLC its much more likely the community will stick around.

They just announced greater specifics. The disc of the game contains 46 gigs of data, and multiplayer will require a further 9 gigs to be downloaded, with the final size at launch being 55 gigs.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Napolean Bonerfarts posted:

I've been waiting for a couple of months to play. Now they just need to add join in progress for custom games, fix Halo CE hit detection, Halo 2 emblems (personally, I prefer callsigns instead), some voice chat things and some other minor things and the game should then be fully functional.

Also, keep lobbies together after games and full Halo 3 armor customization.

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
Achievements have been posted. They look somewhat easy (Lone Wolf :gonk:). At least there's no LASO or speed running achievements.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/halo-5-guardians-achievements-revealed

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

Now I smell like lemonade!
definitely never gettings like 90% of those

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

lol @ MCC quitting killing your xbox reputation. thats a great idea, considering how unstable their matchmaking is.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Laserface posted:

lol @ MCC quitting killing your xbox reputation. thats a great idea, considering how unstable their matchmaking is.

There should be a team forfeit vote option added so you can end the game if the rest of your team is booted/quits.

-A n i m 8-
Feb 5, 2009
LOL what I do all day:

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

-A n i m 8- posted:

LOL what I do all day:

Race to prop up the corpse of a long-dead franchise?

-A n i m 8-
Feb 5, 2009
he gets it

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!

-A n i m 8- posted:

LOL what I do all day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YlEpI00ouU

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

shadow puppet of a posted:

Race to prop up the corpse of a long-dead franchise?

lol its insanely cool and definitely not at all weird and gay that all you xbox has the bad kind of ram people all have the same brain problems and rush to make the same lovely jokes

orly
Oct 2, 2005
I'm getting a Xbox One just for Halo 5.

This can be considerd a significant endorsement coming from a PC/PS4 CoD fan.

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars

Napolean Bonerfarts posted:

I've heard that too. I personally haven't noticed anything. It's still difficult for me to snipe people like it was on the 360. There used to be an issue on H3 MCC with deadzones, but that has since been resolved. I almost forgot... they haven't added armor customization and the new Halo 4 armor, armor mods, upgrades and weapon skins.

Elites seemed to be the worst at this with headshots.

-A n i m 8-
Feb 5, 2009
lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7M58uekTcA

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

orly posted:

I'm getting a Xbox One just for Halo 5.

This can be considerd a significant endorsement coming from a PC/PS4 CoD fan.

Bought the last two exboxen for the Halos, but not this time. This is a strange mirror to look in

it is distorted and dark

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

I'm getting an xbone just for this. Assuming it launches without major issues.

Still debating between buying it from costco, thinking I can return it if it sucks, or buying from craigslist to save some scratch

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

So apparently the coop isn't drop in/out? Looked in the op for a group but didn't see anything about it. What's gonna be the procedure for not playing with robots? HaloLFG again?

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

So apparently the coop isn't drop in/out? Looked in the op for a group but didn't see anything about it. What's gonna be the procedure for not playing with robots? HaloLFG again?

Pretty sure it is drop in/out.

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

Co-op is indeed drop in

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

Sorry meant to say no matchmaking for coop. [http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=178783148&postcount=452]

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

Didn't expect it tbh

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Boo, I actually kinda like that, lost some xbros over the years :(

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

>:|
So I booted up MCC for the first time in over a year and it finds matches now that are still unplayable unless it's Halo 2: Anniversary or Halo 4.

Are my settings messed up or did they never actually finish the netcode / servers stuff?

Edit: just had a halo 3 game that was fine. I think it's just CE and H2 :bang:

empathe fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Oct 16, 2015

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

empathe posted:

So I booted up MCC for the first time in over a year and it finds matches now that are still unplayable unless it's Halo 2: Anniversary or Halo 4.

Are my settings messed up or did they never actually finish the netcode / servers stuff?

this is also my experience.

-A n i m 8-
Feb 5, 2009
Feedback from live streams is incredibly positive. This will sell soooooo good.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

-A n i m 8- posted:

Yeah, it might sell TWO copies both in Japan and China.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

-A n i m 8- posted:

Goddamn, I just checked and you're right.

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

univbee posted:

Goddamn, I just checked and you're right.

maybe in mooseland

:gb2sharktank:

-A n i m 8-
Feb 5, 2009
Wait univbee is from canuckistan? This explains so much.

Legendary plays like legendary, nice : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKsxUxqMPP8

-A n i m 8- fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Oct 16, 2015

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

-A n i m 8- posted:

I don't think Halo 5 will move Bones the way Halo CE sold the OG Xbox, and besides everyone will probably quit a month or two after launch again

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

Tighclops posted:

I don't think Halo 5 will move Bones the way Halo CE sold the OG Xbox, and besides everyone will probably quit a month or two after launch again

bold prediction, let's see how it plays out for him Cotton

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
run a search for every forum post on the web dedicated to bitching about halo not being on 360 - that's your estimated xbox one sales figure for Q4

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

holy poo poo this guy sucks. why do the worst people get early access

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

>:|

MickRaider posted:

holy poo poo this guy sucks. why do the worst people get early access

Because being a popular streamer/youtuber is more about being likable than a super pro gamer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

empathe posted:

Because being a popular streamer/youtuber is more about being likable than a super pro gamer.

explain triplewreck then

• Locked thread