Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Did not know Jeri Ryan is going to be on the show. Love her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Finally got round to watching it. I'm going to tentatively raise my hopes for this season.

Anyway, the enemy on Lian Yu is probably going to be some kind of mystic one, because that's how the flashbacks go. I hope the adventures of Ollie and Terrible Wig are better this season.

Also the bit with Diggle basically saying "were those the exact words he used? No reason why, just wondering" made me laugh.

And it's Ray, Ray is in the grave.

wereboat
Jun 23, 2011

McDragon posted:

And it's Ray, Ray is in the grave.

Impossible, that grave is way too big for Ray.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
I'm gonna guess Malcolm Merlyn.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

McDragon posted:

Anyway, the enemy on Lian Yu is probably going to be some kind of mystic one, because that's how the flashbacks go. I hope the adventures of Ollie and Terrible Wig are better this season.

oh for sure - it was already hinted at when Ollie did one of his standard [1000 yard stare] - "I've seen this sort of thing before" deals in the new Diggle-cave during their post-game breakdown after fighting Dha-Darh-Darhk on the train.

Also, yeah, that wig is extra lovely this season god drat.

rejutka posted:

I'm gonna guess Malcolm Merlyn.

If they kill Not-Talia al Ghul McHotness it'll be me crying over that grave.

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
I think you guys are missing the most important thing.

TV Amanda Waller appeared in a scene and it didn't suck.

There really is supernatural in this season. o_O

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
No, no-one's talking to each other over the roof of a car.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Maybe all the mystic poo poo will explain why Lian Yu has water that is so...miraculous.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
So Diggle is pissy about asking Ollie to help him out, but has no problem secretly calling Ollie's girlfriend in for computer hacking favors at all hours of the day?

"Hey, Felicity, how's things? Still living with the my former best friend who kidnapped my wife, became the leader of an international crime syndicate, turned it over to a mass murderer, and I still literally refuse to acknowledge? Cool, you two have a pressure cooker now? Sounds great. Look, can you come by and track the GPS on this coke dealer's phone for me? Glad we still get along and have no lingering issues over our respective life choices! No, I got a helmet! It's pretty cool!"

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

PFlats posted:

So Diggle is pissy about asking Ollie to help him out, but has no problem secretly calling Ollie's girlfriend in for computer hacking favors at all hours of the day?

"Hey, Felicity, how's things? Still living with the my former best friend who kidnapped my wife, became the leader of an international crime syndicate, turned it over to a mass murderer, and I still literally refuse to acknowledge? Cool, you two have a pressure cooker now? Sounds great. Look, can you come by and track the GPS on this coke dealer's phone for me? Glad we still get along and have no lingering issues over our respective life choices! No, I got a helmet! It's pretty cool!"

I mean, his wife is in ARGUS after all?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Felicity was probably the one making the calls.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

PFlats posted:

Why would he have something against Felicity? Oliver is the one that did all of that poo poo. Felicity has constantly been a great friend to Diggle, not to mention an invaluable part of the team considering no one else (in the world, from what we've seen) has her computer knowledge and ability.

At worst he'd look down on Felicity for ignoring all the poo poo Oliver did and forgiving him anyways (which was incredibly retarded), but he wouldn't have any reason to hate her or refuse her help. It's different when he's being forced to work with a person that he fully knows is as far from trustworthy as Oliver is, not to mention that he found that out in probably the worst possible way.

I really hope that Diggle's perfectly acceptable rage is not just hand-waved away. Because I really, really dislike how everyone else (apart from Lance who goes the entire other way and hates him for completely wrong reasons) forgave Oliver as if he did nothing wrong. Diggle is the one normal character in this show in spite of his terrible headgear choices.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Blaze Dragon posted:

Why would he have something against Felicity? Oliver is the one that did all of that poo poo. Felicity has constantly been a great friend to Diggle, not to mention an invaluable part of the team considering no one else (in the world, from what we've seen) has her computer knowledge and ability.

[....]

I really hope that Diggle's perfectly acceptable rage is not just hand-waved away. Because I really, really dislike how everyone else (apart from Lance who goes the entire other way and hates him for completely wrong reasons) forgave Oliver as if he did nothing wrong.
Uh, for that reason exactly?

From Diggle's point of view, she's dating a dude who kidnapped his wife and turned over a terrorist organization he could have controlled/shut down/etc. to another terrorist that he somehow trusted more than both Diggle and Felicity, but yeah, no biggie, go move in with him and live in the suburbs like those are normal and acceptable things.

It's one thing for his sister and childhood friend to not cut him out of their life entirely and try to understand what he's doing. It's another thing for Felicity to choose to move in with the dude and pursue a relationship after all that. You don't think he might hesitate a little to call her in on tracing a burner after she makes the explicit choice to date Ollie, no matter how good a friend she's been in the past?

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

This was fun! Glad to have it back. I'm guessing maybe Laurel in the grave? A demonstration of power that Darkh gives to Lance after he refuses to do sething, maybe?

Digger continues to be amazing, but am I the only one who thought his helmet looked like Magneto's? I immediately thought "Black Driver has been upgraded to Blackneto."

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Kibayasu posted:

Edit: Also Neal McDonough absolutely killed it. He just has the perfect way of delivering crazy. See Justified.

I want to see him go full blown Quarles and just have the entire team go :gonk:.....we should let the police take this one....

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012

Kegslayer posted:

I want to see him go full blown Quarles and just have the entire team go :gonk:.....we should let the police take this one....

Are you smoking Oxycontin in my Arrow Cave?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Kegslayer posted:

If they start mentioning missing male prostitutes we all know where they are.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Bah, beaten.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Just watched. I dunno where the season is going but for me that episode was pretty much better than the entirety of Season 3. I like lighter and happier Oliver and he and Felicity are much less insufferable now that they are just straight-up together. Their coupling allows Stephen Amell to be occasionally funny, which is a nice surprise and a good antidote to the relentless nonsensical grimdark that the last season sank in. The guy who plays Damien Dahrk has ten times the charisma of the guy who played Ra's, so that's helpful. Also, ~magic.~ Neat.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
I liked the guy playing Ra's. (Matt Nable) Why the gently caress would he be charismatic? Dude's old and grumpy and all he does is kill poo poo and wait for the next Ra's to show up. He seems to have been waiting a while.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
Crappy proto-arrow Ollie getting his rear end kicked by a c-grade purse snatcher was great, it'd be fun to have a session of those flashbacks. Hopefully we'll continue to see him getting clowned on the island.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I liked Matt Nable. I felt the writing for Ra's wasn't as good as it should have been, considering he's Ra's al Ghul, but I don't blame the actor for that.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The way he played Ra's is dangerous because there's a fine line between the old veteran warrior who just doesn't care about the world anymore, and being flat.

I think he was on the good side more often than not though.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Ohhh man, McDonough says they're drawing inspiration from Nicholson and Hackman for Darhk on Arrow

This could be fantastic if done right (and I trust Neal to pull that poo poo off).

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Matt Nable did a good job as Ra's. (Though, I still hear David Warner's voice whenever I read the comics.)

Season Premiere Thoughts
1. Dig give-no-fucks shooting the hell out of people without even trying to dodge return fire was awesome. And yeah, he looks super jacked this season.
2. Agreed: Suburban Ollie was hilarious, and there was really good chemistry with Felicity.
3. Was that a loving Trigon shrine?
4. I like how they show Ray getting blown up in the recap but don't follow-up with it at all outside a throw away line from Felicity talking about being CEO now?
5. Nyssa is the one in the grave because they won't be able to help themselves killing her right after Sara gets a dip in the pit.

That being said:

Duke Chin posted:

If they kill Not-Talia al Ghul McHotness it'll be me crying over that grave.

I'm really glad they decided to use Nyssa instead of Talia since she has been used in every other media. But yeah, Katrina Law is smokin'.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
Flash was good last night, so I guess Arrow has to suck this week.

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew

nelson posted:

Is Hive basically DC's Hydra?

Detective No. 27 posted:

Hydra is Marvel's Kobra.

The Shortest Path posted:

Not really, it's a minor organization loosely affiliated with Deathstroke in some incarnations. It was really big as an enemy of the Teen Titans but that's about it afaik.

if Teen Titans are DC's X-Men then that makes HIVE DC's U-Men

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Senerio posted:

but I don't blame the actor for that.
The CW should make T-shirts of this phrase and pass it out just to save time.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Nice Ollie = best Ollie.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Haha, he used his Arrow voice there.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Poppy fields?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

One of those land mines everybody is talking about.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.
So the CEO fires people?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

frgildan posted:

So the CEO fires people?

The CEO can choose to, sure.

Paradise Lost
Feb 11, 2003

kill your enemy, drink his wine, and take his women

frgildan posted:

So the CEO fires people?

In the same universe where a CEO's priority is keeping people employed, sure.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

frgildan posted:

So the CEO fires people?

Also, if they are that flush with money, couldn't they save a few of these jobs?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Do you know how much arrows cost?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Thea has no chill

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.
Also why are they hurting for money? Not to sound evil but didn't Palmer recover a bunch of weapon research from Queen industries? Seems like they could be making a mint off that.

Also did Oliver buying that truck cost someone a job. Okay my new game for this season will be figuring out how many jobs any new toy they break out cost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Holy poo poo, did she just dislocate or break his arm?

• Locked thread