Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Montasque posted:

New FOXNEWS poll:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/interactive/2015/10/13/fox-news-poll-carson-giving-trump-run-for-his-money/

Take aways:

Crazy gun chat has helped Carson greatly.
Trump's numbers are stable. Still #1!
Cruz and Rubio on the rise...
Fiorina has nose dived.
Jeb! is up a whole point.

good to see JEB! can't even pull decisively ahead of "don't know / don't care" among self identified republican voters. congrats JEB! you're barely beyond the margin of error

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Trump knows better than to mess with Carson, his fans wouldn't take it. They're too devoted to him.

Once Carson starts to tank from the media actually calling him on all the dumb poo poo he's saying you'll probably see Trump say something, but if Carson's numbers are already falling then he won't even have to and can focus on clowning Rubio and Jeb!.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

fade5 posted:

He's back now, in the debate thread.

Wait, what?

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Baloogan posted:

I would prefer literally anyone else running to win. Even Lindsey Graham....

Most of the current crop make Lindsey Graham look like Abe loving Lincoln. Trump is Trump, Carson sounds like he's been tranquilized, Fiorna is one HP-focused attack ad away from obliteration, Jeb's campaign drifts from catastrophe to catastrophe like his brother's presidency, and Cruz is a sociopath who looks like someone microwaved his face. The ability to form complete sentences and at least passably imitate a sane and semi-literate human being is a mark of considerable distinction in this primary.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

He said he was retiring as Speaker of the sub-forum to spend more time with his family.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
The GOP is looking good after the clown shoe Democrat debate.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Boosted_C5 posted:

The GOP is looking good after the clown shoe Democrat debate.

GOP deserve getting Wolf Blitzer, surprisingly enough CNN seems to know how to allocate its manpower enough not to waste Anderson Cooper on those jokers.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

Baloogan posted:

Especially Lindsey Graham!

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
It's a sad state of affairs when Lindsey Graham is the sane and reasonable choice

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Pinback
Jul 22, 2012

I've been having real awful dreams about giant apocalyptic machinery
just mowing us all down...
Can we just feed Huckabee to the starving North Koreans?

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx

Is his son a North Korean chef?

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Dog would probably prefer a swift death by the north Koreans than to be tortured by his son.

Fetusslapper :argh:

Jackson Taus
Oct 19, 2011

Desecrating the corpse of irony.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

What's the supposed spin going to be on his "sin problem" comment? I know he's being full of poo poo and that tweet is basically nonsense but what are people on the right going to say he meant there?

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Nobody on the right is actually paying attention to Mr. Chucklebee.

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

FIRST TIME posted:

What's the supposed spin going to be on his "sin problem" comment? I know he's being full of poo poo and that tweet is basically nonsense but what are people on the right going to say he meant there?

he's said it before - that's practically the GOP party line

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Did Trump tweet anything good?

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

This classic mainstay of the poli-toons thread seems appropriate.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Abner Cadaver II posted:

he's said it before - that's practically the GOP party line

I think I get it now, it basically means that if we just lived in a mandatory Christian Theocracy, every problem ever would go away?

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

FIRST TIME posted:

I think I get it now, it basically means that if we just lived in a mandatory Christian Theocracy, every problem ever would go away?

well the root of all of them is original sin so obviously

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Aliquid posted:

Did Trump tweet anything good?

About 20 minutes before the end of the debate he changed the channel so he could watch himself give a speech on OAN, an even further right viersion of Fox news.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Wanamingo posted:

About 20 minutes before the end of the debate he changed the channel so he could watch himself give a speech on OAN, an even further right viersion of Fox news.

I don't know why I have access to that channel. Their logo is semi-fascist and they have a lot of Sarah Palin iirc

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Wanamingo posted:

This is the most presidential thing ever

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
Trump didn't really tweet poo poo, he just continually did manual retweets of his unfunny sycophants

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Pet Rock Band posted:

Trump didn't really tweet poo poo, he just continually did manual retweets of his unfunny sycophants

And it still got him 60,000 new followers

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
The Clown Prince of The Bronx does it again.

Can anyone stop this carny trickster?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Senf posted:

And it still got him 60,000 new followers

its great knowing a guy with all the media presence in the race will be denied the nomination by his own party lol

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Montasque posted:

The Clown Prince of The Bronx does it again.

Can anyone stop this carny trickster?

i saw a piece recently dismissing him as "new money" since he wasn't from manhattan

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Aliquid posted:

i saw a piece recently dismissing him as "new money" since he wasn't from manhattan

I still think a big part of why Trump is doing this(other than the ego stroking) is to get back at the old money elites who have turned their noses up at him his entire life. Would go far to explain the absolute viciousness with which he attacks Jeb!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Montasque posted:

I still think a big part of why Trump is doing this(other than the ego stroking) is to get back at the old money elites who have turned their noses up at him his entire life. Would go far to explain the absolute viciousness with which he attacks Jeb!

his general aestetic proves you right imo

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

I wish we had actual hard-hitting journalism in the US, because seeing Huckabee go in to an interview and be asked to explain himself would be great; especially when he'd get up and storm out of the interview.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Sounds like we have a spin problem in America.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Yeah I'm sure the confederacy's inability to realize it's been beaten is some divine punishment for masturbation and divorce.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Evil Fluffy posted:

I wish we had actual hard-hitting journalism in the US, because seeing Huckabee go in to an interview and be asked to explain himself would be great; especially when he'd get up and storm out of the interview.

He'd probably explain it by saying that racism is a moral failing and a consequence of religious laxity and secularism, preventing Americans from uniting as a community of believers.

The Real Paddy
Aug 21, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Montasque posted:

Do you remember when Obama humiliated Trump in front of exactly the type of people whose approval he craves, aka, getting the entire WHCD audience to laugh at Trump by going on, sarcastically, about how hard Donald's job must be compared to his, and the camera panned to him, and everyone laughed?

That's when he decided to run for President.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
:allears:
Would own if true.

He exists to prove the average conservative voter (consciously or not) is all about politics as celebrity popularity, and team loyalty mentality.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Oct 14, 2015

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

The Real Paddy posted:

Do you remember when Obama humiliated Trump in front of exactly the type of people whose approval he craves, aka, getting the entire WHCD audience to laugh at Trump by going on, sarcastically, about how hard Donald's job must be compared to his, and the camera panned to him, and everyone laughed?

That's when he decided to run for President.

True story, my aunt's BF sat next to him during that Correspondents Dinner and the tension around the table was apparently palpable after Obama's joke.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Baloogan posted:

Think of it this way: if Fiorina wins, you're going to have a shitton of "straight out of the headlines" material forCommand: Modern Air Naval Operations scenarios!

Granted, Lindsey Graham might offer the same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
half a trillion invested in new ships would be really cool... Fiorina 2016!

• Locked thread